Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Magnolis we are all in tolerance .Tolerance isn't changed by tappering only by increasing the dose.Now l started this process in bad tolerance so that plays a part in how stable l am after a long hold however l will say this tolerance was a cake walk compared to withdrawal so try not to fear tolerance.Tolerance and tolerance withdrawal are used regularly on these forums and wrongly in my opinion.Infact if you goggle tolerance withdrawal you won't find a piece of information regarding it.Now just stay at the dose you are on for at least 3 plus months and then review how you are.l would say it took 5 months before l saw any improvement.l was never as good as Trish who is a buddy here however I got to a level where withdrawal was manageable.We all must decide what is best for us however l believe slow is the most successful way to taper.love to you.X

Morning Meems l am glad you didn't updose sometimes just doing nothing is the best way to deal with withdrawal symptoms.Remember this takes a long time and you will get withdrawal symptoms however as time passes they will decrease in severity.love to you.

Morning Suzy l know you are suffering pet however it won't last forever.One day at a time and don't overdo the exercises.Try to get outside for walks and remember to distract and accept.love you.

Morning Feeling glad you are feeling a little better.Keep holding for a little longer honey.Remember the lag time.Try to get out for your walks.l think a change of scenery is always good.love to you.

Morning Olive glad to hear you are feeling the benefit of your hold.l believe we are healing so taking it slowly now will in my opinion lessen the post walk of withdrawal.love to you.

Morning Bill you definitely seem to have found your niche.l am hopeful you will get off these drugs with few problems.love to you.

Intend Gilly Valley Free Janice Trish GP Lady Mary and everyone here willing you on my lovely friends.Please know we can and will get through this.love and hugs Stut X

Good morning Trish awe pet l am so sorry you are dealing with your son at this time.l don't know how you cope you are one strong lady.Let us know how you are and know you are doing everything you can to help him.Sadly the rest is up to him.Thinking of you twiny.

Love you my lST.Xo

Morning twin,

My son seems determined this time to stay sober, we'll see. We have all heard his promises before. His medication has been changed so who knows maybe with different psyche meds he won't feel the need to drink to deal with his anxiety. I pray for him everyday and support him where I can but it's like you said it's up to him. I haven't been on here much twinny with everything going on here with my son and the business of life. I miss everyone here though but life demands our time. I have had some good days though, I went Christmas shopping and I'm putting up my Christmas tree this weekend. I love Christmas and I'm determined not to let it get away from me despite current circumstances.

I'm doing well wd wise no new symtoms to report. I'll be reducing a tiny amount around December 9 th, that will be a 38 day hold,  if everything remains stable.

How's sis doing? I hope she's getting stronger and you're getting a much needed break. I think I've read you were at the beach somewhere on here. Wherever you are I hope your days have been peaceful. Anyway twinny have a great day and I'll be around checking in from time to time.

Love you tiny Irish woman,

LST♥️

Hello LHSG'ERS,

Just dropping in to wish you all a better day. I've skimmed through some of the posts but I'm not all caught up. I want to thank those of you who reached out to me about my son, your support means a lot. It's wonderful that this group is still going and the support you all give to eachother is heartwarming. Lifting eachother up and sharing our experiences is what will see us through our benzo prison time. Sending all here healing hugs and well wishes for good days ahead.

Love to all,

Trish ♥️

Hi Stut,

Thank you for thinking of me. I am pretty good today  :idiot:

Who knows. I havent walked or done exetvises for two days I think. I just rested.  The pain kind of let up but is still there.  I walked a little. Had s9me pain and came home. It is so weird. I have ti sit now cuz the low back musclenus sore and my.hips and the cramps.  Goes away when i sit. I had that bursitis and bam the muscle pain was horrendous with that x to v crossever. Omg..madness. I just hope I am not walking around  causing.more injuries. I guess ill get the mucle checked in my back and hip. I dont know msybe i have sciatca and a benzo mix. Lol. This really sucks. I hate going and trying to explain this to them. It gets tiring. Anyway, I really hope you are getting some peace and quiet.  Hope sis, your daughter snd animals all well. Love you Suzy

Hi TT,

I am.glad to hear your son wants to get sober. I really hope he goes to meetings and reaches.out. Most of the time they know when.ppl are new and will come up and introduce themselves. Also,.If he needs a detox I hope he goes. I had to. I litetally could not stop myself.from drinking it had control over me

Ugh.  I tried so hard and could not stop. I had to be separated from it and it really helped me. I hope you are ok. It sounds like your taper.is going good!! Yay.  :smitten:

Hi Bill,

Good to see you posting. You sound really good and positive.  I.hope you are done with the flu. That is rough. Guess we.just kerp on trudging along till we are free!!! Lol  :smitten:

Hi Mmm,

I hope you are feeling some better. Glad you are done with.the co to liquid now you can adjust. Check in if you can. Miss you!! Love Pebbles.

Hope everyone else is hanging in ok. I cant keep up with the names. Benzo brain. Love dd  :smitten:

Hey guys, sorry haven't been here much, hope it changes very soon. 

Instead of saying a good morning to everyone, I found some Short Calming Mantras by Therese Broshard,  these are short and really good, I thought, easy to remember.  I love you guys.... :smitten:

1.  This too shall pass.

2.  Just for today

3.  I will get better

4.  This is a moment of suffering

5.  May my life have benefit to all beings

6.  I am breathing in, I am breathing out

7.  Be not afraid

8.  Let it go

9.  There is no danger

10. I am enough

I loved these, short enough to remember but very meaningful.  Mary 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💋

Hi Mary,

Good to see you posting.  I do think switching over to all liquid can feel like a cut.  We are so sensitive to the serum level of the benzo, any imbalance can throw things out of balance.  It could be the body processes the drug slower or faster and now the serum balance is off.  In time hopefully it should stabilize.  I know it did for me.  Hang in there!

Hey Bill, I know it's had some effect on me but I can't judge how much because I was already feeling worse, but I am hopeful.  :D

Hi everyone, love you all!!

I have a friend whose 1 year anniversary was yesterday and she did a success story in her plog.  Her name is Jannabean, wonderful woman.  I copied a portion of it , with her permission, to share with my favorite threads and friends,

"To anyone who's reading this:

Please know that no matter how impossible this journey might seem, it is a worthwhile one.  My path was not a straight one and there were a lot of adjustments and setbacks along the way.  I told myself that as long as I was not raising my dose ... (holding or reducing was ok), that I was going in the right direction ... and should be enough.

On rough days, when I was feeling discouraged, symptomatic or just down-in-the-dumps, I tried to remind myself that I was doing my best.  It turned out that that was indeed enough.

Vali, that's not a judgement about updosing, it's just her opinion.  I copied it because it is all about hope, and finally being off.  Love you ♥️

Hi TT,

I am.glad to hear your son wants to get sober. I really hope he goes to meetings and reaches.out. Most of the time they know when.ppl are new and will come up and introduce themselves. Also,.If he needs a detox I hope he goes. I had to. I litetally could not stop myself.from drinking it had control over me

Ugh.  I tried so hard and could not stop. I had to be separated from it and it really helped me. I hope you are ok. It sounds like your taper.is going good!! Yay.  :smitten:

I went to a 30 day detox too.  This sounds weird, but I loved it.  There was probably 25 people in there and you get close really fast, well most of us.  I loved learning about the 12 steps and listening to people talk in AA.  It was honestly one of the best things to happen to me.  Now my sister didn't feel that way at all, my bil could barely get her to stay :(. I guess that's why she is drinking.

Thanks for posting your friends story Mary.  I needed to hear it today. 

I hope the liquiid diazepam starts to help in all the ways you need. 

FH

Awww Mmm,

That story is just what I needed. I fell asleep again. Was starting to get tha t hopeless feeling again with fear. That lifted me up!! I aslo read your mantras  this morning when I woke up saying oh mo hete we go again what am i going to feel like today. I gave me motivation and hope.  :smitten:

I liked the detox too. We all bonded and helped eachother through the emotions. I loved learning the 12 steps too. They have helped me through so much, even benzo wd believe it or not. I hope your sister will get it. Sometimes it is harder for others or they are not ready and have not hit there bottom. I know its hard because you cant make someone her sober the person really has to want it and even then its hard. My aunt has yroubles too. Love youuu Stay strong and never lose hope!!!! Pebbles. 🙃😸🎅🙋‍♀️🙇‍♀️🤞❤❤

Hi fh,

I hope you are feeling ok. Hope some of the depression has lifted for you. I.have had it and it is an awful feeling. Its scary too. Dont listen to the thoughts they are not real and you will heal. Ly dd

FH

She is great FH, always calm and caring.  Since she has jumped, she has gone to Adult Literary classes and is hoping to get her first student soon.  What a great thing to do.  :D

You are so strong FH, you will do this , I have a lot of faith in you.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi fh,

I hope you are feeling ok. Hope some of the depression has lifted for you. I.have had it and it is an awful feeling. Its scary too. Dont listen to the thoughts they are not real and you will heal. Ly dd

I had a wonderful window yesterday where I felt normal, didnt last into today, which is a disappointment. But I hope it's a good sign that my brain and I can be normal again. 

FH

She is great FH, always calm and caring.  Since she has jumped, she has gone to Adult Literary classes and is hoping to get her first student soon.  What a great thing to do.  :D

You are so strong FH, you will do this , I have a lot of faith in you.  :smitten: :smitten:

So good to hear that she is moving on in life. 

Thank you for your faith in me. 

Hi TT,

I went to a 30 day detox too.  This sounds weird, but I loved it.  There was probably 25 people in there and you get close really fast, well most of us.  I loved learning about the 12 steps and listening to people talk in AA.  It was honestly one of the best things to happen to me.  Now my sister didn't feel that way at all, my bil could barely get her to stay :(. I guess that's why she is drinking.

Hey sweet Mary D,

I'm not at all surprised that you liked detox, you seem like a people person. You probably wanted to take everyone home with you when you left  ;)  :laugh:

How are you holding up? I hope the liquid is treating you well and you're feeling better. It's nice to see you post here. The lhsg would never be the same without you.  :) take care girlfriend.  :smitten: :smitten:

Tt  :mybuddy:

Well peeps another day down in benzo land. I hope you all had a decent day. I won't even attempt to address each one of you bc I'm sure to forget a name.  :idiot:

Be well LHSG'ERS time and patience is our guide to the finish line  :thumbsup:

Tt :smitten: :smitten:

Hi TT,

Hey sweet Mary D,

I'm not at all surprised that you liked detox, you seem like a people person. You probably wanted to take everyone home with you when you left  ;)  :laugh:

How are you holding up? I hope the liquid is treating you well and you're feeling better. It's nice to see you post here. The lhsg would never be the same without you.  :) take care girlfriend.  :smitten: :smitten:

Tt  :mybuddy:

Hi too many  ;D. I am having short periods where I feel alittle better .  Hope it's a good sign.  I miss you guys but I struggle keeping up.  Am really hoping to be back full time soon TT.  WhenI woke up in detox, I thought , oh my God, what have I done to myself.  I was scared shi_tless.  :D. I knew I needed to be there though.  It was just a few days though and I began to feel better.  I really think it depends on if you really want to be there.  I hope your son does well.  They treated us great, movies on the weekend, special treats.  My fingers are crossed.  Love you Trishy, MM.  ♥️♥️

Hi all - just checking in.  Feeling a little lonely and disconnected, and body doesn’t feel strong since I’ve lost weight (from wd and changing diet) and muscle mass.  Exercise tends to rev up sxs. Ah well.  I did get out today. Dropped my mom off at dialysis and went to the grocery store.  Yesterday I did go to therapy.  Anyways this process is so slowwwwww.  I hope you are all doing ok today or tonight, wherever you may be in the world.  Next week is Thanksgiving and I’m dreading it.  But come back to the moment, meems.  Anyways, just wanted to check in. 

❤️

~meems

Hi Meems,

I am sorry you are not feeling well. It really does get lonely in bwd.  I am feeling kind of lonely too. Are you able to eat? Is the weight just dropping off even when you eat?

I’m able to eat. I just cut out all processed sugar, junk food and eat low carbs.  My appetite is not great until mid day / evening.  I had not seen my therapist for a few weeks and she said I was skinny.  I said it was change in diet, stress and withdrawal.  Biggest thing was giving up sugar, fast good and junk food.  I was eating whatever I wanted and wasn’t paying attention to ingredients which I learned, for me, revved up my sxs.  Next week on Thanksgiving will be a sh*t show of food.  😆. Pies and stuffing and all the fixings. 

Haha!!! I know we will all hit the wall after Thanksgiving! Omg. Thqt is so good you changed your diet like that. It is so hard! I have but still have a way to go 😂.  Anxiety will make you drop weight fast. Glad you saw your therapist. Hope your Mom is ok and your cat. We will get through this! We are healing!!

[89...]