I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

So it’s been three hours after my vaccine. My arm and the injection site are pretty sore. Other than that so far My headache got a teeny tiny bit worse and my blood sugars were increased for about an hour after the vaccine. Other than that so far I feel fine. No effects on my anxiety, adrenaline, heart rate , breathing or oxygen yet. Just a minor up-tick in a headache that I already had. Higher blood sugars for about an hour and a sore arm.

Great Paxia!!!

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Almost 24 hours after covid vaccine.....  still have a headache with the same intensity as three hours after the shot....  the arm pain is relentless!  And by evening yesterday I was extremely fatigued. Still no changes and no effects to anxiety, adrenaline, dizziness, heart rate, breathing, or oxygenation. I will only post again if something changes. So far so good. So if I don’t post on here again I never got any further side effects. As of right now I’m happy I’ve went through this experience. The very mild side effects so far is worth protecting myself and others from this possibly fatal virus. 😊

Almost 24 hours after covid vaccine.....  still have a headache with the same intensity as three hours after the shot....  the arm pain is relentless!  And by evening yesterday I was extremely fatigued. Still no changes and no effects to anxiety, adrenaline, dizziness, heart rate, breathing, or oxygenation. I will only post again if something changes. So far so good. So if I don’t post on here again I never got any further side effects. As of right now I’m happy I’ve went through this experience. The very mild side effects so far is worth protecting myself and others from this possibly fatal virus. 😊

That's great Paxia, thank you so much for posting your experience!    :)

I'm concerned about the spike in BP.  I reached another level in my taper with my BP is spiking every single night to 200/110!!  I cannot risk anything else spiking it even more!

I have not become sick at all since this pandemic stuff started and we've gone shopping, gone to doctor's office, we haven't been sick at all.

We've even been around ppl who were INFECTED with Covid and we still didn't get it.

I wonder if that info about Blood type 0 is true because I have blood type 0 and so does my kids and grandkids and they have not been infected even though they've also been around ppl infected with Covid at work.  We cannot figure it out.  At first, I thought it was because my hubby and I are on Keto and IF.  But our kids and grands are NOT on Keto or IF and they still have not become infected and THEY Were tested.  Two of the three grandsons are tested at work EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  They are negative.  Go FIGURE!! ???

I'm concerned about the spike in BP.  I reached another level in my taper with my BP is spiking every single night to 200/110!!  I cannot risk anything else spiking it even more!

I have not become sick at all since this pandemic stuff started and we've gone shopping, gone to doctor's office, we haven't been sick at all.

We've even been around ppl who were INFECTED with Covid and we still didn't get it.

I wonder if that info about Blood type 0 is true because I have blood type 0 and so does my kids and grandkids and they have not been infected even though they've also been around ppl infected with Covid at work.  We cannot figure it out.  At first, I thought it was because my hubby and I are on Keto and IF.  But our kids and grands are NOT on Keto or IF and they still have not become infected and THEY Were tested.  Two of the three grandsons are tested at work EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  They are negative.  Go FIGURE!! ???

[/quote/]

I have not become sick at all since this pandemic stuff starbted and we've gone shopping, gone to doctor's office, we haven't been sick at all.

What is the info about blood type O you were referring to? I'm blood type O, think maybe we had  corona last year as lost our sense of taste for couple weeks, off food, very tired. I'm very wary of having the vaccine.

Its ok that you've removed the link, I really don't know who this doctor is, but I thought he provided a few valid and good points about how one needs to be careful with Covid vaccine.

Jennifer, I hope I didn't make you feel bad about getting your vaccine, it sounds like you are a frontliner and you really need it, in your case benefits definitely outweigh any risks, the link was more for those people like myself who are either in the thick of withdrawal, unable to work, in a setback from just another drug( antibiotic in my case) so sensitive to everything they can't tolerate aspirin let alone a new unknown vaccine. I really hope you do well with the second vaccine also, and like most people who do just fine with the flu shot and other shots will be ok after. I'm definitely not an anti-vaxer myself, I happen to be a nurse too, and I just recovered from covid ( it took 3 weeks, 5 sessions of IV vitamin infusions and one session of ozone therapy and UBVI) so unfortunately I know first hand how dangerous covid is, I really didn't think I wasn't going to make it but thank God I did..So I just think people who are in the thick of withdrawal need to be extra careful with anything they put in their bodies, and shouldn't be the first ones to get this vaccine before lots of other people go out and get it and we know what side effects it could possibly have.

And our dear administrators, I really admire you for all the hard work you do to help our benzo community, and I always thought that you do a wonderful job at it, but honestly I don't quite understand your pro-vaccine stance in this case. I mean this is a brand new rMRNa vaccine, that has a potential of interfering with one's DNA, and it's definitely not well studied enough for somebody who is in withdrawal to rush to get this vaccine. Sorry if I'm wrong but I almost get a sense from reading a few posts about this vaccine now that you are telling people it's ok and to go ahead with it, maybe I got the wrong impression. We've just already been harmed by other things that big Pharma came out with that we thought were absolutely safe too before, and here we are .. almost 3 years later in my case still suffering very badly.. I mean Pfizer is big Pharma, they are the original producers of Zoloft if  I'm not mistaken aren't they? Anyways, sorry I didn't mean to start an argument, I'm just really sick and probably won't be the first one to go get a vaccine is what I'm trying to say..

Edit/bold font by Challis: DNA is not affected.  Please read this from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Hi Kathy, I agree with you. My family has been pressuring me to get it since I work in the dental field. But I think I’m going to wait a little more. I don’t trust this at all and I am very scared since I’ve been reading that some patients had “coincidental” (or they don’t know) Bells palsy.

KathyM, this is simply false.

a brand new rMRNa vaccine, that has a potential of interfering with one's DNA,

When quoting something like this as gospel (as you did) you really need to supply a reference. (A video on Facebook? Nope). "Opinions" like you now hold, are how disinformation is spread. And you're a nurse? Wow. I think you have a responsibility to get things right. Look them up if you're in doubt and don't just parrot what you've seen on Facebook.  It's fine if you've persuaded yourself that because you're in withdrawal, you don't want to get the vaccine . . . but just leave it at that. Your choice. 

:nono:

Katz

We are ALL IN WITHDRAWAL, what  do you mean?

She made a mistake and she corrected it. No, it doesn’t affect the Dna but everything else I agree with her, I work in the dental field and I will wait.

I hope other Events in recent days has taught us a very important lesson.  Everyone needs to be very careful what they post and read on the internet.  If we're not careful, fear can take over (along with other things).

I have my faith in Science!  I've lived thru HIV\AIDS and Dr. Fauci was there then and he's here now.

I get my first Pfizer Covid Vaccine, tomorrow morning and I am Very Grateful.

Stay well,  :thumbsup:

I hope other Events in recent days has taught us a very important lesson.  Everyone needs to be very careful what they post and read on the internet.  If we're not careful, fear can take over (along with other things).

I have my faith in Science!  I've lived thru HIV\AIDS and Dr. Fauci was there then and he's here now.

I get my first Pfizer Covid Vaccine, tomorrow morning and I am Very Grateful.

Stay well,  :thumbsup:

That's great to hear oneday!    Good luck, let us know.  I am still trying to get an appointment  :(

I received my vaccine a week ago today.  A tiny bit of burning when during the injection and that was it.

In the night, I had tension in my neck followed by a headache, which went away in the morning. I took two extra strength Tylenol.

My husband, who has mid stage Alzheimer's also had the shot with only the slight burning during the injection. That was it.

Sometimes when I get the flu shot, my arm is very sore, but this time, it was slightly sore and I could still sleep on that side, so I was happy.

My mom is 101 and is signed up to get the vaccine.  Her 97 year old sister has already gotten it with no side effects.

Both of these women are widows and live alone in their own homes in the country. There is another sibling who is 99 who lives alone, also in the county, waiting to get his vaccine.

Take care,

NG

I received my vaccine a week ago today.  A tiny bit of burning when during the injection and that was it.

In the night, I had tension in my neck followed by a headache, which went away in the morning. I took two extra strength Tylenol.

My husband, who has mid stage Alzheimer's also had the shot with only the slight burning during the injection. That was it.

Sometimes when I get the flu shot, my arm is very sore, but this time, it was slightly sore and I could still sleep on that side, so I was happy.

My mom is 101 and is signed up to get the vaccine.  Her 97 year old sister has already gotten it with no side effects.

Both of these women are widows and live alone in their own homes in the country. There is another sibling who is 99 who lives alone, also in the county, waiting to get his vaccine.

Take care,

NG

:o Talk about Longevity Genes  :thumbsup:

Take care,

NG

Wow, that is so great for your mom and her sisters.  You definitely have some good genes in your favor  :D. So glad the vaccine went well for you!  :smitten:

Today is 9 days since my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I was definitely more uncomfortable after the 2nd shot, starting about 18 hours later. Fever of 101F, nausea, fatigue, body aches. The fever went away by the 3rd day, aches and fatigue by day 7. Today I feel back to my normal (protracted) self.

I had bladder urgency and pain after the first shot that took 2 weeks to fade away, along with dizziness. A doctor in my workplace said this may have been a histamine reaction, just not as severe as a few have had. She recommended taking an H1 & H2 blocker (Benadryl & Pepcid) 15 min before the 2nd shot, and taking every 4-6 hours afterwards if the symptoms start returning. It worked, and this may be useful for those of us who believe a lot of our withdrawal/protracted symptoms are histamine mediated.

I've seen too much covid these last 10 months, severe illness and death, all age groups. I didn't want to worry any more about being in the unlucky minority that doesn't get away with a mild case.

Today is 9 days since my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I was definitely more uncomfortable after the 2nd shot, starting about 18 hours later. Fever of 101F, nausea, fatigue, body aches. The fever went away by the 3rd day, aches and fatigue by day 7. Today I feel back to my normal (protracted) self.

I had bladder urgency and pain after the first shot that took 2 weeks to fade away, along with dizziness. A doctor in my workplace said this may have been a histamine reaction, just not as severe as a few have had. She recommended taking an H1 & H2 blocker (Benadryl & Pepcid) 15 min before the 2nd shot, and taking every 4-6 hours afterwards if the symptoms start returning. It worked, and this may be useful for those of us who believe a lot of our withdrawal/protracted symptoms are histamine mediated.

I've seen too much covid these last 10 months, severe illness and death, all age groups. I didn't want to worry any more about being in the unlucky minority that doesn't get away with a mild case.

Thanks for the information Tay.  I feel like you, I will survive some side effects just may not survive Covid!  Congratulations on getting your shots  :D :D. 

We are wary of getting it also.

You can google the info on Blood type 0.  From their recent research, Blood Type 0 might get it but it won't kill the person with that blood type because Blood type 0 does not have blood clotting problems like other blood types and this is how the virus kills people, by clotting their blood then it cannot unclot.  That's what I read anyway.

Wondering how you are doing with insomnia? I am still in severe withdrawal insomnia by far the worst issue 15 months off klonopin. I am scheduled for the shot on Tuesday.I jumped off the k drug going from .25 to .125 in a short time after many unsuccessful tries. Still in the thick of symptoms and super worried about shot.

Thanks Abbie

Wondering how you are doing with insomnia? I am still in severe withdrawal insomnia by far the worst issue 15 months off klonopin. I am scheduled for the shot on Tuesday.I jumped off the k drug going from .25 to .125 in a short time after many unsuccessful tries. Still in the thick of symptoms and super worried about shot.

Thanks Abbie

Hi Abbie - Insomnia has been one of my most persistent symptoms, although at this point it is off and on. I didn't notice any change after the first or second shot of the Pfizer vaccine. I had some restless nights after the 2nd dose (2 weeks ago), but that was from the fever and body aches. I didn't notice any increase in air hunger, cortisol rushes, hypervigilance, internal vibrations, or racing thoughts - all the things that normally keep me from sleeping. If anything, my insomnia was worse before the 1st shot, probably from stressing over it. Hope this helps.

Thxs for this thread as I'm also trying to get  myself mentally prepared, this surely helps me...

Best wishes for a side effect free  experience or at least very milded  :smitten:

Got my first Moderna shot 10 days ago.  Pretty bad arm pain for 3 days but that was it.  No correlation to any new symptoms.

That's great Jen!  Thanks so much for posting  :smitten: