Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

People need to be very careful, especially with an experimental mRNA vaccine.

???

I've read the stories out of Israel, too. So? Are you frightened/disappointed that we weren't one and done with the Covid vaccine? Speaking just for me, I'll take as many jabs as necessary to keep myself safe.

What's the alternative, doriia? And what do you mean by being "very careful"? That sure sounds like scare-mongering to me.

>:(

Katz

It is very easy for people to say this who had no issues with the covid vaccine, but for those who are having a month or two of setbacks in their withdrawal from the Covid vaccine (Yes there are some people like this on this forum.) For them,  this is a HORRIBLE situation. Of course people in withdrawal who have a hard time want a "one & done". Geeze. Have some empathy.

My daughter is a physician; her unvaccinated 30 something friend recently died from Covid-19 related complications. My daughter misses her friend; she also grieves that she did not get vaccinated to help protect herself and others around her. That is empathy.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-17/vaccinated-covid-doctor-shot

My comment  is to Katz.. It's not about someone who lost a friend. Remember there are some people having a hard time with this vaccine on this forum. They are not anti vaxxers , nor am I.

Some people don't have "the reserves" for it.

My God let those people heal enough to be able to take a vaccine someday with no setback dear lord please.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

It is very easy for people to say this

To say what? To ask what's the alternative? A month of two of setback in withdrawal (hmmmm) in exchange for something that might just save you from a hideous death on a ventilator? What would you have people do? Pray? Chant? Burn incense? Cross their fingers and hope for the best?

Listen, I had quite a few hideous setbacks in my w/d. You know nothing about me or my history. And I can tell you that I would willingly have repeated them for the chance at a potentially life-saving vaccination. Setbacks, no matter how "hideous", pass. A bout with Covid-19 might not.

Actually I do have empathy . . . I understand that people might be frightened. But surely a setback or two in your w/d (which will pass, as I said, or at least setbacks did for me) pales in comparison to  gasping for your last breath in a hospital ICU.

My neighbor . . . a lovely woman who, alas, was "vaccine hesitant" just died in our local hospital. We cat-sat for each other, walked in the woods together. I miss her every day. So nuts to your no empathy bs.

Whatever.

I just wanted to add about this:

My God let those people heal enough to be able to take a vaccine someday with no setback dear lord please.

They might not have time, Miss F. The virus doesn't seem to be waiting for people's "someday". Again, whatever.

Katz

The latest info coming out of Israel is rather worrisome. With over 80 % of their total pop double vaccinated, nothing is going according to plan. This is not fear-mongering; just take a look at their data, the numbers don't lie. Now they're saying that boosters until the end of time are inevitable. They've just authorized a fourth. I have no idea where this is going but it's not an ideal situation, all things considered. People need to be very careful, especially with an experimental mRNA vaccine.

The Pfizer vaccine has full FDA approval, that’s not experimental anymore.

I’m with Katz, I will take the few months of increased symptoms to not have covid. There’s at least one person on here that had covid and has now been fully vaccinated. She’s having a rough go of it, but she will get better and she’s more protected now. Full disclosure: I had a pretty intense uptick in symptoms after my shots (and I’m still tapering). I know many of us are exquisitely sensitive, I am among you.

oregankatz,

seeing the number of your posts I am assuming you come on this forum to help people. just in reading your comments to Miss Fortitude I can assure you that you are in no way helping a fellow Benzo Buddie who is deeply concerned about the wellness of the vaccine. Her questions and comments are valid. You are healed. What worked for you might not work for others. Keep your heart & mind open. We all know people who have died of Covid. We all know this disease is serious. If you are trying to help on this thread it's of my opinion that you are not helping one bit.

oregankatz,

seeing the number of your posts I am assuming you come on this forum to help people. just in reading your comments to Miss Fortitude I can assure you that you are in no way helping a fellow Benzo Buddie who is deeply concerned about the wellness of the vaccine. Her questions and comments are valid. You are healed. What worked for you might not work for others. Keep your heart & mind open. We all know people who have died of Covid. We all know this disease is serious. If you are trying to help on this thread it's of my opinion that you are not helping one bit.

:thumbsup:

oregankatz,

Agree  :thumbsup:

I think Katz is right. I was worried about getting the vaccine, not because of having worse post wd sx, but because I have had a history of problems taking vaccines, that made me deathly ill. It did help that it was FDA approved, but a couple of weeks before approval, I keep seeing the little children in hospital beds and they have no vaccine yet and they deserve to grow up in a healthy environment. So on a Sunday afternoon, I decided to get the vaccine, I was able to go to Health Dept next day and get the first shot. I had a sore arm for a couple of days, a few body aches also, and the second shot, my arm was really sore for almost a week. Now it has been two wks since my last shot and doing OK. I have been safe always wearing a mask etc, but I just felt that it was time and the alternative was not looking good for those not vaccinated. I have Meniere's disease and I did not have any dizziness. I just Pray that we all can survive this horrible Pandemic and still be Friends. 💖Peace and Healing.

It is very easy for people to say this

To say what? To ask what's the alternative? A month of two of setback in withdrawal (hmmmm) in exchange for something that might just save you from a hideous death on a ventilator? What would you have people do? Pray? Chant? Burn incense? Cross their fingers and hope for the best?

Listen, I had quite a few hideous setbacks in my w/d. You know nothing about me or my history. And I can tell you that I would willingly have repeated them for the chance at a potentially life-saving vaccination. Setbacks, no matter how "hideous", pass. A bout with Covid-19 might not.

Actually I do have empathy . . . I understand that people might be frightened. But surely a setback or two in your w/d (which will pass, as I said, or at least setbacks did for me) pales in comparison to  gasping for your last breath in a hospital ICU.

I think that's the key word there, MIGHT. People are still dieing after double vaccination. My personal opinion is I've more chance of a setback than dieing a horrible death in hospital. And for that reason I am not getting vaccinated.

If and when I'm healed I will reassess the situation. But in my opinion the vaccine is not worth the risk of a setback. Risk Vs reward

Meanwhile, the culling of humanity continues around the world. This article entitled: "Idaho hospitals begin rationing health care amid COVID surge" explains what I mean:

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-public-health-coronavirus-pandemic-idaho-db21f9a14254996144e78aafb1518259

A partial quote from the article:

"Under the guidelines, patients are given priority scores based on a number of factors that impact their likelihood of surviving a health crisis.

Those deemed in most in need of care and most likely to benefit from it are put on priority lists for scarce resources like ICU beds.

Others in dire need but with lower chances of surviving will be given “comfort care” to help keep them pain-free whether they succumb to their illnesses or recover.

Other patients with serious but not life-threatening medical problems will face delays in receiving care until resources are available."

I'm grateful at least that "comfort care" will be provided; that is if there are enough healthy, alert and willing healthcare providers to administer the medications.

"The most commonly prescribed drugs include acetaminophen, haloperidol, lorazepam, morphine, and prochlorperazine, and atropine typically found in an emergency kit when a patient is admitted into a hospice facility." https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/what-drugs-are-used-in-end-of-life-care

Everything in my state of PA is back to normal.  No one wears masks anywhere here anymore.  I went and got my haircut today and didn't wear a mask nor did anyone else at the beauty shop.  We have a very high vaccination rate in my state and masks are not required anymore in any of the stores, etc.

Ok I have to weigh in. The 2 nd shot hit like a freight train, BUT still glad I did it.

This is what my husband sees in the hospital..the vast majority of ppl he sees in hospitable for C19 are the unvaccinated. The vast majority of them go to ICU and never make it out alive. And weirdly there are a percentage of all who are fully vaccinated that still get some version of the virus and still end up in hospital - but it is not as severe.

The vaccine is not only about prevention of getting the real deal. It also provides protection that should you contract it, it lessens the severity of it and increases your chance of survival.

Don't forget, it not just about living vs dying. theres also the ppl who survive covid but have lasting effects/complications from it. Like if a pt is in ICU for an extended period of time and survive, there is a lot of time that needs to be spent in rehab trying to restore ones health to basic functioning again.

Also..when one is intubated with covid, benzos are sometimes/usually part of the cocktail of meds given to keep people in the prone position.

Add ketamine,hydromorphone, propofol, and the neuromuscular blockers, oxycodone, and/or gabapentin.

I'll take a temporary setback from a vaccine over all those meds in my body anyday.

"Fauci Says DeSantis Is 'Completely Incorrect' To Call Vaccine A Mere Personal Choice"

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/07/1034794180/fauci-desantis-vaccine

Partial quotes from this article:

"When you're dealing with an outbreak of an infectious disease, it isn't only about you," Fauci said. "There's a societal responsibility that we all have."

DeSantis said in a news conference Friday that vaccines help people to avoid severe illness from COVID-19. But instead of saying everyone who's eligible should be vaccinated, the governor added a caveat.

"At the end of the day though, it's about your health and whether you want that protection or not," DeSantis said. "It really doesn't impact me or anyone else."

The unvaccinated are a vehicle for spreading the virus

In response to DeSantis' comments, Fauci said on Tuesday: "Yeah, that's not true at all."

Aside from the personal benefit of being protected against the coronavirus, Fauci said, "When you have a virus that's circulating in the community and you are not vaccinated, you are part of the problem. Because you're allowing yourself to be a vehicle for the virus to be spreading to someone else."

"So it isn't as if it stops with you," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said, adding that if an unvaccinated person becomes infected, they could pass the coronavirus on to older people or those who are otherwise more vulnerable.

"Doesn't impact anyone else?" the newspaper asked in an editorial. "Talk about a profile in selfishness."

Florida has watched its number of cases, deaths and hospitalizations skyrocket to new heights this summer, putting additional stress on hospital systems and medical staff.

"This is still an outbreak, a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Fauci said Tuesday on NPR. "And when you look at the percentage of cases, particularly those that wind up with severe consequences leading to hospitalization, it is overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated."

."

imo, except for a rare minority that may be adversely & permanently affected from the vaccine, a person is either part of the way out of this pandemic or they are part of its continuation. I choose to be among those that put an end to this pandemic. 

Everything in my state of PA is back to normal.  No one wears masks anywhere here anymore.  I went and got my haircut today and didn't wear a mask nor did anyone else at the beauty shop.  We have a very high vaccination rate in my state and masks are not required anymore in any of the stores, etc.

Covid is not 'over' in your state, or any state in the US. The positivity rate is almost 8% in Pennsylvania and it is an area of high transmission.

If everyone feels Covid is 'over' then we are not doing what is necessary to protect those who cannot be vaccinated yet, our children under the age of 12. It's about caring about those around us and being willing to take action to help mitigate the transmission of Covid.

Covid is not 'over' in your state, or any state in the US. The positivity rate is almost 8% in Pennsylvania and it is an area of high transmission.

If everyone feels Covid is 'over' then we are not doing what is necessary to protect those who cannot be vaccinated yet, our children under the age of 12. It's about caring about those around us and being willing to take action to help mitigate the transmission of Covid.

I agree with you on this one Pianogirl. Even many of my staunchest (indoctrinated?) conservative friends are beginning to understand the importance of vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing in fresh air environments, sanitation,  etc. They have witnessed the devastating effects CoVid-19 is having on their families, friends and communities. My nephew's son who is under the age of 12, has had CoVid-19 twice. Both times he has recovered but, they followed the quarantine recommendations before sending him back into school and the community. They live in TX.

"Fauci Says DeSantis Is 'Completely Incorrect' To Call Vaccine A Mere Personal Choice"

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/07/1034794180/fauci-desantis-vaccine

Partial quotes from this article:

"When you're dealing with an outbreak of an infectious disease, it isn't only about you," Fauci said. "There's a societal responsibility that we all have."

DeSantis said in a news conference Friday that vaccines help people to avoid severe illness from COVID-19. But instead of saying everyone who's eligible should be vaccinated, the governor added a caveat.

"At the end of the day though, it's about your health and whether you want that protection or not," DeSantis said. "It really doesn't impact me or anyone else."

The unvaccinated are a vehicle for spreading the virus

In response to DeSantis' comments, Fauci said on Tuesday: "Yeah, that's not true at all."

Aside from the personal benefit of being protected against the coronavirus, Fauci said, "When you have a virus that's circulating in the community and you are not vaccinated, you are part of the problem. Because you're allowing yourself to be a vehicle for the virus to be spreading to someone else."

"So it isn't as if it stops with you," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said, adding that if an unvaccinated person becomes infected, they could pass the coronavirus on to older people or those who are otherwise more vulnerable.

"Doesn't impact anyone else?" the newspaper asked in an editorial. "Talk about a profile in selfishness."

Florida has watched its number of cases, deaths and hospitalizations skyrocket to new heights this summer, putting additional stress on hospital systems and medical staff.

"This is still an outbreak, a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Fauci said Tuesday on NPR. "And when you look at the percentage of cases, particularly those that wind up with severe consequences leading to hospitalization, it is overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated."

."

imo, except for a rare minority that may be adversely & permanently affected from the vaccine, a person is either part of the way out of this pandemic or they are part of its continuation. I choose to be among those that put an end to this pandemic.

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you spreading the virus.

Agree! 100%. It's called "Transmission" and the documentation is out there for whomever chooses to research it. The MSM is sending the wrong message as they're all owned --literally-- by big Pharma.

This is all about profits, not about anybody's health. At this point, this shouldn't even be an argument.

Edit: Fixed quote.

Agree! 100%. It's called "Transmission" and the documentation is out there for whomever chooses to research it. The MSM is sending the wrong message as they're all owned --literally-- by big Pharma.

This is all about profits, not about anybody's health. At this point, this shouldn't even be an argument.

I am so tired of this, this is a benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum, how about we go about the business of supporting those who are suffering with this affliction rather than arguing?  What about compassion, empathy and pulling together as a community to help those who are genuinely suffering from this syndrome rather than tearing this forum apart like the rest of the world is doing?

Please, please save your arguments for Twitter, Facebook or whatever other social media you choose and instead look after the people who can't see beyond their pain and fear.

I beg you all to think of them and instead of spending your time doing this, reach out instead to the members who are hanging on to any words of hope you can offer, isn't that why we're here?

Listen, I know people are getting fed up with this argument.  But I still feel it's important and here's why:  the vaccines are giving people a false sense of security and that is why the vaccinated are spreading Covid.  I have C19 at this very moment and it's one of the most heinous things I've ever been through.  The reason I have it is because my son's vaccinated boss went to work with Covid and gave it to my son.  She probably thought her symptoms couldn't possibly be Covid until it became utterly obvious. 

What I'm trying to say is that if you really do not want Covid, you will need to take more precautions than just a vaccine.  The vaccines are not working very well against the Delta variant.  I already know of quite a few vaccinated people who have contracted Covid. 

Listen, I know people are getting fed up with this argument.  But I still feel it's important and here's why:  the vaccines are giving people a false sense of security and that is why the vaccinated are spreading Covid.  I have C19 at this very moment and it's one of the most heinous things I've ever been through.  The reason I have it is because my son's vaccinated boss went to work with Covid and gave it to my son.  She probably thought her symptoms couldn't possibly be Covid until it became utterly obvious. 

What I'm trying to say is that if you really do not want Covid, you will need to take more precautions than just a vaccine.  The vaccines are not working very well against the Delta variant.  I already know of quite a few vaccinated people who have contracted Covid.

I'm very sorry you have contracted Covid, I hope you feel better soon, it truly is a terrible virus.

Overall I do not think that vaccinated people are cavalier about feeling secure and safe from Covid. All of the people we know, if eligible, are vaccinated. They continue, as we do, to follow the best protocols to stay safe and healthy. This includes masking up, maintaining social distancing and staying away from obvious places where infection might occur like indoor restaurants and bars. 

There are breakthrough infections, no vaccine is infallible including the flu vaccine.  Luckily, severe cases of Covid are the minority with vaccinated people.

Feel better soon!

I agree with you on this one Pianogirl. Even many of my staunchest (indoctrinated?) conservative friends are beginning to understand the importance of vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing in fresh air environments, sanitation,  etc. They have witnessed the devastating effects CoVid-19 is having on their families, friends and communities. My nephew's son who is under the age of 12, has had CoVid-19 twice. Both times he has recovered but, they followed the quarantine recommendations before sending him back into school and the community. They live in TX.

I have a slight complaint here...conservatives are being branded as ignorant, staunch and anti vaccine...let me speak to this. (bold print my doing )

Yes, this may be the case with some, however, many conservatives are pro-vaccine, educated, and not how the media portrays them. I am a what I would call a moderate. Not in love with the democratic agenda nor in love with many republican agendas.

This is not a political thing. Your political alliance does not necessarily dictate your stance in vaccine and the pandemic.

Please be conscious of your word choices in the future - it adds to the division in this country - def not helping. Thank you.

Altho far from perfect, the vaccine is the best we have got. Unless it is contraindicated by your medical doctor, I wish ppl would get vaccinated. Not all but most of the ppl who are still getting really sick and dying are the unvaccinated. My friend and ex-coworker was fully vaccinated. He got COVID anyway. He recovered nicely, min. SXs, and is now back at work after a 10 day quarantine with full pay btw. I hate to think what might have happened had he not been vaccinated. Another friend of mine, younger than both of us, unvaccinated, got COVID, started having breathing problems, ended up in hospital on a vent, and is now dead. His wife no longer has a husband to support her nor the kids a daddy. I feel sad for this poor woman. Life is now going to be a real struggle bc this guy was the sole breadwinner.

I am so tired of this, this is a benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum, how about we go about the business of supporting those who are suffering with this affliction rather than arguing?  What about compassion, empathy and pulling together as a community to help those who are genuinely suffering from this syndrome rather than tearing this forum apart like the rest of the world is doing?

Please, please save your arguments for Twitter, Facebook or whatever other social media you choose and instead look after the people who can't see beyond their pain and fear.

I beg you all to think of them and instead of spending your time doing this, reach out instead to the members who are hanging on to any words of hope you can offer, isn't that why we're here?

Spot on!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I received the Pfizer booster one week ago. My first and second shots I just had a sore arm and fatigue the next day. The booster gave me so far a week long reaction. My arm was sore the first day just like the first two shots. The second and third day I had strong muscle aches and fatigue. I spent two days in bed. I had dizziness and upper respiratory symptoms, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. It felt like influenza. I've been sick all week. I'm still not 100% a week later. The aches and fatigue are mostly gone, but I still have cold symptoms. Tinnitus slightly louder, but that gets louder when I have a cold. I guess it's possible I caught a virus at the same time.

Becky