Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Thanks Katz and Leann for those suggestions. Sounds like a good book Katz xx

I just finished the dry, was a good read but again death is at the centre of the story. It’s been made into a movie with Eric bana I just watched it and was annoyed at the changes but it wasn’t bad.

I’m onto the book of hidden wonders hopefully won’t be too dark x

News of the world has tom hanks in it doesn’t it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know how this book goes I am enjoying her style writing, hopefully not too sad. Joanne Harris is worth a try hers are very different. Sorry you aren't doing too well Shayna, bit of vicious circle don't suppose insomnia helping the other symptoms, such shame they can't find something to ease it.

Yes do I’m always on the lookout for new books. Definitely keen to read some lighter stories for a bit. Thanks Leann x I’ll be ok x

Hi ladies! I’m so sorry I’ve been absent! I’ve not gotten a lot of reading done even because my mother was in a bad car accident and I’ve been helping take care of her. I’ve been traveling back and forth to their house daily and staying there quite a bit as well. I’m still tapering my medication so it’s been difficult because I’m getting lower in dose so it’s getting harder for me. I’m so sorry I’ve not said something sooner! I do miss you all and miss discussing books. I still have the list and still planning on reading lots off it when things slow down for me. I hope you are all well and hanging in there! Keep enjoying those books! Hugs to you all!  :smitten:

I’m not a member… but I highly recommend “The Language of Letting Go” by Melody Beattie for those suffering on benzos.

I also recommend a very short story intended for children entitled, “Firebird:  he lived for the sunshine” for those suffering on benzos… by Brent McCorkel and Amy Parker.

Kindly,

j

Got my copy of Malibu Rising (by Taylor Jenkins Reid) delivered today. I think that will be my next book. I’m finishing up Ordinary Grace and listening to the audiobook of the Time Traveller’s Wife currently.

Hi ladies! I’m so sorry I’ve been absent! I’ve not gotten a lot of reading done even because my mother was in a bad car accident and I’ve been helping take care of her. I’ve been traveling back and forth to their house daily and staying there quite a bit as well. I’m still tapering my medication so it’s been difficult because I’m getting lower in dose so it’s getting harder for me. I’m so sorry I’ve not said something sooner! I do miss you all and miss discussing books. I still have the list and still planning on reading lots off it when things slow down for me. I hope you are all well and hanging in there! Keep enjoying those books! Hugs to you all!  :smitten:

I hope ur mother has a speedy recovery WW x take it easy when u can x sending u love ❤️

I’m not a member… but I highly recommend “The Language of Letting Go” by Melody Beattie for those suffering on benzos.

I also recommend a very short story intended for children entitled, “Firebird:  he lived for the sunshine” for those suffering on benzos… by Brent McCorkel and Amy Parker.

Kindly,

j

Thanks for the tips Josef! Lovely to see a fellow book lover here and great tips Thanku x I’ll look into those. I’ve been interested in finding a good benzo book lately x

Got my copy of Malibu Rising (by Taylor Jenkins Reid) delivered today. I think that will be my next book. I’m finishing up Ordinary Grace and listening to the audiobook of the Time Traveller’s Wife currently.

Oh wow it’s out? I’ll be reading this one next too kits! I’m currently reading the book of hidden wonders and listening to the alchemist on audiobook.  Xx

Kindly,

j

Thanks for the tips Josef! Lovely to see a fellow book lover here and great tips Thanku x I’ll look into those. I’ve been interested in finding a good benzo book lately x

Hi Shayna

I suppose my description of the book wasn’t very accurate… although I believe this book of meditations is an awesome book for those going through benzoville… it was not specifically written for those on benzos… but for those who have difficulty “letting things go.”  However, I still consider it to be one of the best “benzo books” I’ve ever read because it is loaded with encouraging thoughts that help one feel more secure while “alone” or “insecure” in this world.

Kindly,

j

Thanks Josef x anything helpful in calming the craziness would be a godsend right now. Thanku x I keep my head buried in a book most days for the distraction so this sounds wonderful x

Book of Lost Names one of best books I read. Is set in World war 2 but nothing too emotional and has happy ending. Would really recommend it.

Thanks Josef x anything helpful in calming the craziness would be a godsend right now. Thanku x I keep my head buried in a book most days for the distraction so this sounds wonderful x

Just a possible suggestion… it might be a good “accompaniment” book… since it is simply 1/2- 2 page daily meditations… which would be easy to read in conjunction with whatever other book you happen to be reading.  j

Thanks for the tips leann and Josef xx always on the lookout to add more books. Sounds like a good one Leann. Josef I definitely need to master meditation right now x

Shayna, I’ve heard that Seth Rogen’s new book Yearbook is really funny. I ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive.

Oh nice kits a funny book sounds great too x

I’ve ordered Catherine steadmans new book on preorder the disappearing act. I loved her book - something in the water, so I’m looking forward to that.

Have u started Malibu rising yet?

I haven’t yet, finished Ordinary Grace yesterday and still listening to The Time Traveler’s Wife. Ordinary Grace was really sad, I need something funny. 😆

Yeah it was sad. Great book tho. I’m dragging the chain with my book atm. I should be finished by now keep getting distracted

I used to read books about quantum physics and consciousness.  I really like the books by Amit Goswami, PhD.  I read and have in my back room the books, The Self-Aware Universe and Physics of the Soul.  He's a quantum physicist and says that everything is consciousness.  I found those books very interesting.  I also like the book, How the World Is Made by John Michell.  It's a book about sacred geometry.  That one was interesting too although there were just pencil drawings in the book and not real pictures.  The last fiction book I ever read was Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Persig.  It was a very strange book and I didn't like it.

Oh no really? Gosh so many books treat it as fairly normal don’t they? So many movies done is reaching for their little orange tube... so bad!

Is it a good book?

It’s kind of creepy. I feel like the guy is time traveling to groom his future wife. I don’t think that’s what the author intended, but that’s the way it comes across. It does seem like prescription drug use is glamorized so much in media. Well at least in the book it’s a kind of rock-bottom scenario where the person hopefully recovers (haven’t gotten far enough to know for sure).

Oh weird! A friend raved about it to me and I saw it on top 100 books so that’s why I picked it. But that does kinda sound like grooming in a really strange futuristic way!

Yeah I listened to an audiobook called exposure recently and there was a bit of prescription use in there too. Made my skin crawl a bit!

Well I’ve been stuck on the book I’m reading for 2 weeks! I just get distracted so easy atm. I should be way finished by now. I’m considering reading Malibu rising then coming back to it. It’s probably going to be good it’s just kinda plodding along a bit atm.

I hear that. It’s taking me a while to get through books lately. Part of it is I’m reading too many books at once, but also this latest wave slows me down (relying more on audiobooks when I feel like crap). I finished reading Return of the King to my son a week ago and his dad started reading Dune at bedtime now. I liked The Secrets We Kept, definitely makes me want to read Doctor Zhivago. I wish the author had gone more into the love story between Sally and Irina, it seemed like she only skimmed the surface.