Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Awesum x sounds great. Cool might read that next. Sounds really interesting.

I’m spose to be starting the Tudor books, I have lady of the rivers, but I have adhd when I comes to books. I keep losing interest before I start then I get something else.  :laugh:  :idiot:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I also ordered a copy of the last thing he told me by Laura Dave. They’re making a movie from that with Julia roberts. Sounds great have u read that one kits?

I will. There’s 50 people waiting for it so I won’t get it for a while. I got the 5th season from the library yesterday  ;)

Gosh book exchanges must make a tidy profit. I took 7 fairly new titles in, and got $18 credit. Then they sell for a min of $8 so I got 2 books for my 7. That seems fair  :tickedoff:

I need to buy me a book exchange!

My beautiful hubby bought me the new Nora roberts book legacy for my anniversary present. Anyone read Nora roberts? This will be the first of hers I’ve read. Sounds pretty good!

Gosh book exchanges must make a tidy profit. I took 7 fairly new titles in, and got $18 credit. Then they sell for a min of $8 so I got 2 books for my 7. That seems fair  :tickedoff:

I need to buy me a book exchange!

My beautiful hubby bought me the new Nora roberts book legacy for my anniversary present. Anyone read Nora roberts? This will be the first of hers I’ve read. Sounds pretty good!

Shayna, I’ve read a few Norah Roberts books somewhere in my far distant past . ::)

She is a hugely prolific author who writes under at least a couple of other pen names.  I remember they were very readable but since my memory is only about 3 minutes long I don’t remember the specifics.

I know she’s been on the best seller list since forever!

Oh great thanks 2 cats. Xx my hubby is excited about me reading it x bless his heart.

Always good to give new authors a go x

Yeah he’s bought me a few books now, he’s brave coz I am so fussy, he has picked great books so far! He also bought me a beautiful knitted vest and some flowers. He’s super cute x

He always says He wishes He could read a book. He can’t concentrate long enuf he says. Does ur hubby read 2 cats?

100 years of lenni and Margot is a great book! I’m halfway thru. So funny in parts, and unlikely friendship between a 17 yo and and 83 yo.

Thanks for starting this! I love to read, mostly at night when I can't sleep or when I am doing my walk around the house. 

I have tons of books that I've read and enjoyed.  Here is one: Beneath the Crimson Sky by Mark T. Sullivan.  It is a novel about WW2. Most of what is written is true. The main character was still alive and helped contribute to the author. He has since died. It is a bitter sweet story.

Thanks for starting this! I love to read, mostly at night when I can't sleep or when I am doing my walk around the house. 

I have tons of books that I've read and enjoyed.  Here is one: Beneath the Crimson Sky by Mark T. Sullivan.  It is a novel about WW2. Most of what is written is true. The main character was still alive and helped contribute to the author. He has since died. It is a bitter sweet story.

Oh hi nightingale xx so nice to see u here. X

That sounds like a good read. We have read quite a few books in the club based during the war. So many stories to tell from that period. It sounds similar to unbroken. That’s a movie Angelina Jolie directed about a POW. He helped her with the film but then passed away I think

I went to a local bookstore and bought the whole Broken Earth trilogy. 😆 I couldn’t help myself.

I know I was long for it at the book exchange the other day! I’m bummed it won’t be my next book but it’s here ready to go! I’ve even shelved the Tudor books to read it . Hehe

Yeah he’s bought me a few books now, he’s brave coz I am so fussy, he has picked great books so far! He also bought me a beautiful knitted vest and some flowers. He’s super cute x

He always says He wishes He could read a book. He can’t concentrate long enuf he says. Does ur hubby read 2 cats?

100 years of lenni and Margot is a great book! I’m halfway thru. So funny in parts, and unlikely friendship between a 17 yo and and 83 yo.

Before I met him, he did not read except what he had to, to get by.  He had a reading challenge as a child and back in the day it was not understood as it is now so he was never comfortable with reading.  He didn't read for pleasure.  I don't think he knew what he was missing....I got him a couple of books in a genre I thought he would like (Clive Cussler, Grisham, Baldacci) and he learned to love reading.  He also like crossword puzzles and word games now. I'm so happy I could introduce him to books and reading!  I couldn't imagine life without them!

And by the way you and other on here are a bad influence!  I had gotten rid of almost all of my books because we moved around so much but now I am starting to buy books again and want to have my own little library.  Heaven know where I will put them. We have simplified to a very small house which we love but making room for books will be a challenge.  Good thing you can hang shelves on a wall!  :thumbsup:

You're hubbie sounds like a sweetie.  He is brave getting you clothes.  ;D 

That’s so lovely 2 cats that ur love of reading has rubbed off on him! I’m sure he is greatful for it! I’d love it to be able to sit next to my hubby snd read, but bless him I don’t expect that will ever happen  :laugh:

Haha I know I have a “library” stating now too! It’s so fun 2 cats to see all ur favourite books there so if u feel like it u can just reach in and catch up with ur favorite characters any time u like! Mines coming along quite nicely! Are u collecting any in particular?

Well I have finished 100 years of lenni and Margot. What a beautiful, sad, funny book. Lenni is an absolute fire cracker. I laughed out loud in this book but I also had tears at the end. Trust me u will love this book!

I’m almost finished the audio of the survivors by Jane Harper. Again, excellent book! She is becoming one of my favorite authors. It’s a mystery very much like the dry but if u like thrillers u will love this!

I’ve just started Nora roberts and wow, it went straight into it! No mucking around! My hubby is so excited that I’m reading it, he keeps asking how it’s going. Cute.

Happy reading girls and boys x

I picked up some more books when I was at Costco over the weekend. A couple by Leigh Bardugo (shadow and bone) and Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow (he wrote the book the play Hamilton is based on and I’ve been listening to Grant on audible). My sister said she’s going to come visit and raid my library.  :laugh::smitten:

I hope you’re all doing as well as you can. Love to you all.  :smitten: :smitten:

Those books sound really interesting kits. X I want to come and raid ur library!

How’s the covid sitch going over there? Have library’s fully opened up?

I live in a state in the Midwest and our libraries are open as normal again.  They aren’t even requesting unvaccinated folks to wear a mask…..of course in all public places it’s on the honor system .  Not all, but many, at least in my area, who are anti vaxers are also anti maskers so who really knows?

But things are definitely opening up and even though I’m vaccinated I’m still a little conservative.  It was nice last weekend to get out and around a bit!  :)

The majority of people hospitalized for COVID-19 here are unvaccinated, but there’s some concern about the Delta variant mutating again and being more resistant to the vaccine. My state has totally reopened. Also on the honor system about people not wearing masks only if they’re vaccinated. I still wear my mask indoors even though I’m vaccinated, I don’t trust the people around me. 😆

Wow guys I’m glad things are opening up again x that’s great news! I’m not going to get the vaccine at this stage but I would definitely wear a mask if I had to. I guess some people just love to be abrasive tho don’t they. Go against the grain. It’s not hard to put a mask on.

Must be such a relief for u to do things again! Are schools back too?

My sons school reopened last Fall with precautions and it was only 2 hours a day. His summer session is 3.5 hours a day and when he starts first grade in August it will be a normal 6 hour school day.

Wow that’s great. U guys must be so glad! Finally sounds like things are getting back to normal x

I’m listening to an audio of you love me by Caroline kepnes. Joe is back! Looking forward to seeing what this sociopath is up to now.

Kits I got the stone sky from the thrift shop (we call it the op shop) today for $2! Score!

That’s a great score! I just finished The Fifth Season. Really good! Now I’m reading Seth Rogen’s book.

Seth Rohan is a classic. That will be funny x

I’m about a third thru legacy and it’s pretty good so far. X I’m also about 10 chapters into you love me and joe makes me laugh.