Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Yeah I think I was expecting something a little more profound! Oh well it was only a 3 hr read I spose.

I’m shelving the book I’m on and starting Malibu rising. I’m just reading like 2 pages a day cause I’m bored. It’s not like me at all!

I read an article yonks ago about books people didn’t finish because they didn’t want to.  I never finished Milan Kanara’s “the book of laughter & forgetting”.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a young girl I had the entire Nancy Drew collection.  I loved those books.  Didn't like The Hardy Boys collection though.

When I was a young girl I had the entire Nancy Drew collection.  I loved those books.  Didn't like The Hardy Boys collection though.

Oh I remember the Nancy drew books.. and the famous five!

I never read any other those but my mum did. I was really into the babysitters club, flowers in the attic, goosebumps and rl Stein when I was a kid. And my absolute favorite Anne of green gables and little women.

I never read any other those but my mum did. I was really into the babysitters club, flowers in the attic, goosebumps and rl Stein when I was a kid. And my absolute favorite Anne of green gables and little women.

See growing up in NZ I was decades behind! I loved Judy Blume when I was a kid xxx

oh i remember judy blume!!!

I loved her books. Did you read “are you There god? It’s me Margaret” it’s gonna be made into a movie soon xxx

I loved Judy Blume and the Goosebumps series! My sister had a ton of Nancy Drew and Babysitters Club, I wasn’t as big a fan. My sister has always been an avid reader, I didn’t start reading a lot until several years ago.

Ur sure making up for it now kits xx I guess I started around 10? I was a library assistant at school, so that’s where it started for me. None of my kids read. But I’m trying to change that. I buy them books that I think they’ll like. It’s such a great hobby.

I started Malibu rising. I’m early I’m so I’ll save any comments til a bit further out, but Celia st James has already been mentioned x

Ur sure making up for it now kits xx I guess I started around 10? I was a library assistant at school, so that’s where it started for me. None of my kids read. But I’m trying to change that. I buy them books that I think they’ll like. It’s such a great hobby.

I started Malibu rising. I’m early I’m so I’ll save any comments til a bit further out, but Celia st James has already been mentioned x

Hey Shayna and Kits.....have you two read The Library Book by Susan Orlean?  If you like books and libraries you might like it.  It’s non-fiction , Starts with the story of the Los Angeles Public Library and a fire that happened there then goes into a wonderful history of libraries and books and wonderful librarians etc.

I think I found out about it because I saw a blurb about it being in Reece Witherspoon’s book club.

I loved it so much that I bought the hard copy and I haven’t bought a book in years. ( too much moving around  ;))

Check it out.  :thumbsup:

Someone actually suggested that for a pick once I believe. I think I selected it sounds great x definitely going on my list x

I finished Tome Travelers Wife. It was really sad and kind of depressing. Seems the reviews are pretty mixed, some people absolutely love it, others hate it. I didn’t hate it, but it had a lot of triggers for me (pregnancy loss and “he who shall not be named”). I highly recommend anyone wanting to read it— don’t get the audiobook, the woman’s voice is awful.

Someone actually suggested that for a pick once I believe. I think I selected it sounds great x definitely going on my list x

Haha I think it was me  :thumbsup:

Well I haven’t forgotten that pick, it sounded great. I found one called the Paris library at the library (what  :laugh:) a couple of weeks ago it sounds like a good read too x

I finished Tome Travelers Wife. It was really sad and kind of depressing. Seems the reviews are pretty mixed, some people absolutely love it, others hate it. I didn’t hate it, but it had a lot of triggers for me (pregnancy loss and “he who shall not be named”). I highly recommend anyone wanting to read it— don’t get the audiobook, the woman’s voice is awful.

I read that book years ago.  I also had a love/hate relationship with it as with the movie.  There was a bit of a creep factor.

Oh man sounds like a downer. Sorry about the triggers honey. Wow I didn’t think it was going to be like that.

Not up for dark so I might leave that one for Ron (later on) x

I read that book years ago.  I also had a love/hate relationship with it as with the movie.  There was a bit of a creep factor.

YES! So creepy. I had to read reviews because I thought maybe it was just me, but it definitely wasn’t. Some folks rave about how great they thought it was and I had it on my list to read from years ago so I was disappointed when it wasn’t anything like I expected.

Oh man sounds like a downer. Sorry about the triggers honey. Wow I didn’t think it was going to be like that.

Yeah, it’s a book you should be in a good headspace for. Hard to know when a book will have triggers unless you’ve read it. I’m glad to check it off my list (it was book #50 for the year).

Time traveling books and movies are a bit tricky.  Some are good like Back To The Future and Timeline ( with then hunky Gerard Butler!).  Some are creepy like The Time Traveller’s Wife and The Time Machine.  Some are bittersweet and a little creepy  like Somewhere in Time ( with also hunky Christopher Reeves)!  But I still love the idea of time travel.  It just throws up so many impossible scenarios.  ;)

Time traveling books and movies are a bit tricky.  Some are good like Back To The Future and Timeline ( with then hunky Gerard Butler!).  Some are creepy like The Time Traveller’s Wife and The Time Machine.  Some are bittersweet and a little creepy  like Somewhere in Time ( with also hunky Christopher Reeves)!  But I still love the idea of time travel.  It just throws up so many impossible scenarios.  ;)

Somewhere In Time is one of my sister’s favorite movies. She actually walked down the aisle to the theme from it.

Yeah, it’s a book you should be in a good headspace for. Hard to know when a book will have triggers unless you’ve read it. I’m glad to check it off my list (it was book #50 for the year).

Wow kits 50!!! I’m 25. Tailing.

I’m listening to a great audiobook by Catherine steadman, mr nobody. I love this author, great thrillers.

I think now I have a great book and audiobook I’m going to be more inclined to read x

Somewhere In Time is one of my sister’s favorite movies. She actually walked down the aisle to the theme from it.

That music is beautiful Kits!  I know a lot of people travelled to The Grand Hotel on Macinac Island after that movie came out!

That music is beautiful Kits!  I know a lot of people travelled to The Grand Hotel on Macinac Island after that movie came out!

I’ve never seen that movie or even heard of it! Going to have to hunt it down

Ok back to books.  I had to take a breather....Also another rough patch in wd.

Now ready to read Behind The Scenes at the Museum, Monument Man and Ordinary Grace.

I think when fall comes we will all be ready to hunker down and get to reading again, well except for Shayna and Kits because they have been reading away like crazy!  ..... and that would be  Spring for Shayna anyway! Haha

I have also been distracted by this crazy invasion of the 17 year cicadas.  Our little town is full of them including our yard and trees.  The racket they make can be really piercing and distracting even inside with the AC on!  At first I thought it was interesting but now the novelty has definitely worn off! :idiot: