Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Bumping this for anyone still reading from the list (I’m fine with taking a break— we’ve been working through this list for a while! The books crossed out are the ones I’ve read so far. Happy reading. ❤️❤️❤️

Current picks!

#1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

#2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

#3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

#4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

#5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

#6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

#7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

#8 The Skylark’s Secret - Fiona Valpy

#9 The Secrets We Kept - Lara Prescott

#10 All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr

#11 The Four Winds - Kristin Hannah

#12 The Last Monument - Michael C Grumley

#13 Ordinary Grace - William Kent Kruger

#14 The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

#15 Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I get excited about a book before I finish the one I’m on. I have to stop jumping ahead thinking about the next book!

Yes they didn’t tie the sally irina story up too much did they? I think dr zhivago is a definite must too after the secrets we kept and winter garden.

Oh Shayna, the other thing about Time Travelers Wife, the audiobook I have used two different actors to voice the male and female characters, the woman’s voice annoys me so much. I think I would enjoy it more if I were reading a physical book.

Bumping this for anyone still reading from the list (I’m fine with taking a break— we’ve been working through this list for a while! The books crossed out are the ones I’ve read so far. Happy reading. ❤️❤️❤️

Current picks!

Thanks kits! I’m finished all but red tent, god knows when I’ll get that, long waiting list.

I’m gunna read a few of my own and wait til everyone is ready to continue x

Oh Shayna, the other thing about Time Travelers Wife, the audiobook I have used two different actors to voice the male and female characters, the woman’s voice annoys me so much. I think I would enjoy it more if I were reading a physical book.

I’ve actually got the book and the audiobook so I’ll be using both. Some voices just totally ruin it don’t they! So frustrating.

Current picks!

Hi, Kitsune

Is “All the Light we Cannot See” a good one ?

Kindly,

j

If any of you like thrillers, just started  I found you by Lisa Jewell, really good so far. Have read some of her other books normally good. I saw the film of The Time Travellers wife , have seen other ones with same theme before though.

Current picks!

Hi, Kitsune

Kindly,

j

I loved it. It has moments of sadness, but ultimately it’s a story of love and survival.

Current picks!

Hi, Kitsune

Kindly,

j

I loved it. It has moments of sadness, but ultimately it’s a story of love and survival.

Thank you, kindly… j

I’ve actually got the book and the audiobook so I’ll be using both. Some voices just totally ruin it don’t they! So frustrating.

Yes! The voice actors they hire can make or break the experience of an audiobook!

If any of you like thrillers, just started  I found you by Lisa Jewell, really good so far. Have read some of her other books normally good. I saw the film of The Time Travellers wife , have seen other ones with same theme before though.

I haven’t minded her books I’ve read so far, thanks Leann I’ll read this one x

I NEED books about women who have started all over again. From zero. I need them to inspire me to do the same, from zero. The German market only offers pathetic self help shit I cannot use. I want real stories and real women. I know they are out there ;D

I liked "untamed" for example.

Current picks!

Hi, Kitsune

Kindly,

j

Thank you, kindly… j

I agree very sad but gosh so much strength and survival. I found the chapters a bit annoying jumping quickly between characters but that’s a user related issue  :laugh:

The book itself is very good x

Yes! The voice actors they hire can make or break the experience of an audiobook!

I’ve given up on many books for this reason. I’ve also listened to audiobooks based on the narrator. I love a nice pommy accent. Not the cockney one but the posh one. X

Stephen frys voice is sublime

I NEED books about women who have started all over again. From zero. I need them to inspire me to do the same, from zero. The German market only offers pathetic self help shit I cannot use. I want real stories and real women. I know they are out there ;D

The Kristin Hannah books I’ve read are great girl power stories! A bit sad in parts but always showcasing the female characters strength.

I’ve read the four winds and the winter garden. Both excellent

I’m so glad we have some new peeps on here!

Welcome lurkers! Please feel free to join in, u don’t need to actually be reading along with our picks, we just love books so always happy to get some new ideas for reads x

Welcome katz, Josef and marigold xxx

The Kristin Hannah books I’ve read are great girl power stories! A bit sad in parts but always showcasing the female characters strength.

Is this fiction or told by real people? :smitten:

Is this fiction or told by real people? :smitten:

Yeah they’re fiction. Are u after non fiction? This is one I have on my list. The author was in the Boxing Day tsunami and her story is remarkable. I don’t know if this book fully discusses that, but I think it would be a great read if ur looking for an empowering book

https://www.penguin.com.au/books/any-ordinary-day-9781760893637

I always used to like Stephen King audiobooks when he'd read them himself.

I read lots of Stephen king when I was younger. I read the stand and loved that.

I just finished reading the alchemist. So... I’m sure there are some really profound lessons in this book. But I’m afraid most were lost on me. I was like... huh? ... then I was like.....what? And then I was just counting down the minutes til it was over.

My poor brain is not at deciphering spiritual enlightenment just yet. Maybe a better one for down the road a bit...

I just finished reading the alchemist. So... I’m sure there are some really profound lessons in this book. But I’m afraid most were lost on me. I was like... huh? ... then I was like.....what? And then I was just counting down the minutes til it was over.

My poor brain is not at deciphering spiritual enlightenment just yet. Maybe a better one for down the road a bit...

I read it a couple years ago and I agree. 😆

Woah I thought it was just me?! Far out not what I expected. After the reviews I thought I’d be a changed man but nope, I’m still a woman  :laugh:

Woah I thought it was just me?! Far out not what I expected. After the reviews I thought I’d be a changed man but nope, I’m still a woman  :laugh:

Nope not just you at all.  I read it a few years ago..  I think for me the ending was the magic part.  I liked that it was a cycle & that he went on this big journey just to come back to where he started & he had worked out what he was looking for was simply in front of him all the way along. 

You are funny & a damn hood writer, more than a few good books in you waiting to get poured out & into the world.

Yeah I think I was expecting something a little more profound! Oh well it was only a 3 hr read I spose.

I’m shelving the book I’m on and starting Malibu rising. I’m just reading like 2 pages a day cause I’m bored. It’s not like me at all!