Important Survey - Please Participate ร—

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

I didnโ€™t realize that Seth Rogen is only 2 years older than me. I was reading a chapter where he talks about the music and movies that were popular when he was in high school and thought โ€œheโ€™s gotta be close to my age!โ€ I thought he was a lot older. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Itโ€™s funny how people look older that what they are. Iโ€™m 43 this year. I love it when people remember the old tv shows we watched as kids! Monkey magic is back on Netflix! We used to watch that every day after school

Hello, all.

ย 

I have taken a loooong break from reading. Just couldnโ€™t settle into it.ย  But now Iโ€™m back.

ย 

Iโ€™m reading Ordinary Grace.ย  I really like it. Iโ€™m about a third of the way in. Iโ€™ve read other books from the perspective of a child around the same age as Frank and Iโ€™ve always loved them. A British author namedย  Martha Grimes wrote a small series that started with a book called โ€œHotel Paradiseโ€. It was written from the perspective of a a 12 yr old girl.ย  It is great.ย  Funny too.

ย 

John Grishamโ€™s โ€œA Painted Houseโ€ (not a legal thrillerย  :)) is a good one too.

ย 

Martha Grimes also wrote a series of detective books that i liked as well. Each bookโ€™s title is the quirky name of a British pub.ย 

ย 

I think I will go on to Behind the Scenes at the Museum next.

ย 

Hope everyone is having a good summer and having some waves at the beach but windows in withdrawal!ย  ;D

I finished Seth Rogenโ€™s book, itโ€™s really funny. Heโ€™s a great storyteller. I also finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Itโ€™s the book the movie Blade Runner is based on. It was pretty good too, very sci-fi, if thatโ€™s something youโ€™re interested in.

ย 

Happy reading everyone and I hope youโ€™re all doing as well as you can. โค๏ธ

I forgot to add Iโ€™m reading Malibu Rising now, about a third of the way through. Pretty good, but definitely not Evelyn Hugo.

Hi girls x so glad ur back 2 cats! I really liked ordinary grace, great book! Enjoy! Xxx Iโ€™ve never read John Grisham, or Martha grimes, I need to try some of their books! Particularly Martha grimes sounds great. I see John Grisham everywhere at thrift shops..

ย 

Seths book sounds great kits x I like some sci fi, maybe Iโ€™ll give this one a go some time. I like trying different books.

Yeah I felt the same about Malibu rising kits, I did enjoy it, just nowhere near Evelyn Hugo, pretty hard to top that.

ย 

Well weโ€™re in lockdown and itโ€™s pouring rain so Iโ€™ll be going for a walk anyway then Iโ€™ll have my nose in a book all day!

ย 

I got some more scores from thrifting! ( lovein the time of cholera, atonement, deception point Dan brown, 1st Harry Potter book for my son) I was on my way to a huge 2nd hand book store with my friend when lockdown was announced so I am spewing I missed going to that!

ย 

Iโ€™ll be finished both my audiobook (you love me- god I love joe) and paperback (legacy Nora roberts) today. Both good books, Iโ€™ve enjoyed them! My son is reading you while we watch it on Netflix so itโ€™s all about joe atm!

ย 

Iโ€™m starting the fifth season - N K Jemisin today tipped by kits! Canโ€™t wait to start this one!! My next audiobook will be the open house by Sam carrington (thriller)

ย 

Happy reading girls!

ย 

I read a book Beyond Love yrs ago.its about Drs, Scientists,, Mother Theresa, the young Indian Nuns, etc trying to deal with AIDS.

ย 

It's really a good book! I had a cousin who died of AIDS

ย 

The story about how the young nuns and the gay men was heartwarming. Mother Theresa was the first to start a hospice in NYC for those suffering from AIDS. She was amazing!ย  :angel:

ย 

I think the author's name was Dominique LaPierre.

Kits and Shayna you guys are making my head spin with the number of books you read especially doing them simultaneously!! :laugh:ย  :sick:

ย 

Shayna Iโ€™m pretty sure I read Deception Point by Dan Brown years ago after I read The DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons.ย  I donโ€™t remember much about it. My memory is shot theses days but hey, on the bright side I can read books and watch movies Iโ€™ve seen before and enjoy them a second or third time!ย 

I know exactly what u mean 2 cats. I was going thru my book list for the year and writing a summary so I donโ€™t forget what theyโ€™re about. Yep, some I have to really think about to remember what theyโ€™re about!

ย 

And books I read last year and the year beforeโ€ฆ. No idea ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Malibu Rising is my 57th book for the year. We just finished reading the first book in the Dune series to my son at bedtime. We wanted to read it again before the new movie comes out later this year. Thatโ€™s an 800+ page book! I was shocked how quickly we read it. We plan to read the rest of the series (thereโ€™s 6 books total).

Wow kits! Thatโ€™s crazy!!! Well done!im only at 32!

ย 

Iโ€™ve been interested in dune, itโ€™s an okโ€™d book isnโ€™t it?

Thanks Shaynaย  :)

I wish I had the book. I had checked it out from the library yrs ago.

I'd like to reread it!

ย 

I do like Stephen king books and John Grishom books.

ย 

I used to read SO much. I read the Godfather when I was 15 or 16.

Now there's a bunch of autobiography I'd like to read.

Thanks Shaynaย  :)

I wish I had the book. I had checked it out from the library yrs ago.

I'd like to reread it!

ย 

I do like Stephen king books and John Grishom books.

ย 

I used to read SO much. I read the Godfather when I was 15 or 16.

Now there's a bunch of autobiography I'd like to read.

ย 

I read some Stephen king when I was younger. The stand was my favorite. Why arenโ€™t u reading anymore? Symptoms troubling you or is it time? I used to be too busy to read before I got sick but wd has given me all the time in the worldย  ???

Iโ€™m going back reading our posts here and adding all the suggestions to goodreads app and Iโ€™m a bit sad. What happened to everyone? Such a shame itโ€™s losing momentum xx come back book club buddies! I miss uย  :-[

You can even do a yearly challenge on the goodreads app. I made my goal 100. You can add friends and see what theyโ€™re reading/have read. So much fun. I have a bunch of my FB friends and some family on mine.

Shayna Iโ€™m thinking maybe itโ€™s a combination of things: 1. Itโ€™s summer here. 2. Things are opening up here and people are going out more.ย  Probably some are symptomatic.ย  I have had an uptick in symptoms lately myself.ย  I bet come fall, us gals here in the states will be back full force!

ย 

Thanks for the Goodreads tip , kits. I should keep a list tooโ€ฆ. I wish I had started a list years ago!ย  Iโ€™ve read books Iโ€™m sure I will never remember again.ย  :idiot:

ย 

When Iโ€™m feel like crap, Iโ€™ve been binge watching Broadchurch. Iโ€™m on the last season now.ย  Also Scott & Bailey and a lighthearted series called The Coroner.ย  All British shows. We have the streaming channel BritBox and we love it.ย  Oh yeah and also Halifax: Redemption, about a forensic psychologist set in Melbourne!ย  Itโ€™s a thrillerย  :)

2cats, right? I have so many books I know I read, but canโ€™t remember. ๐Ÿ˜† Oh well, better make up for lost time!

You can even do a yearly challenge on the goodreads app. I made my goal 100. You can add friends and see what theyโ€™re reading/have read. So much fun. I have a bunch of my FB friends and some family on mine.

ย 

I couldnโ€™t figure out how to add books to the reading challenge. So I created another folder for books Iโ€™ve read this year. My goal is 75 but Iโ€™ll probably get to 65

Shayna Iโ€™m thinking maybe itโ€™s a combination of things: 1. Itโ€™s summer here. 2. Things are opening up here and people are going out more.ย  Probably some are symptomatic.ย  I have had an uptick in symptoms lately myself.ย  I bet come fall, us gals here in the states will be back full force!

ย 

Thanks for the Goodreads tip , kits. I should keep a list tooโ€ฆ. I wish I had started a list years ago!ย  Iโ€™ve read books Iโ€™m sure I will never remember again.ย  :idiot:

ย 

When Iโ€™m feel like crap, Iโ€™ve been binge watching Broadchurch. Iโ€™m on the last season now.ย  Also Scott & Bailey and a lighthearted series called The Coroner.ย  All British shows. We have the streaming channel BritBox and we love it.ย  Oh yeah and also Halifax: Redemption, about a forensic psychologist set in Melbourne!ย  Itโ€™s a thrillerย  :)

ย 

Ok as long as u girls come back in the fall!ย  :smitten:

ย 

I get itโ€™s hard during bad days, sometimes itโ€™s just too difficult to concentrate.

ย 

Iโ€™d love to get britbox 2 cats! Sounds great x we already have too many stream channels tho unfortunately. I love British shows. My hubby and I are watching a great one atm called the world from above. It shows drone footage of amazing places around the world and talks about the history of the area. Itโ€™s a bit fuddy duddy (old folks tv) but relaxing

ย 

Iโ€™m the same girls, Iโ€™ve read so many books over the years and wish I could remember half their names!

I forgot about a book I loved. The Egg and I ๐Ÿคฃ

ITs about a woman and her hubby started a chicken farm. Sooo funny.

I think it was a true story.

It's a really old book.

ย 

book is based on the author's experiences as a newlywed trying to acclimate to and operate a small chicken farm near Chimacum, Washington with her first husband, Robert Heskett, from 1927 to 1931. On visits with her family in Seattle, she told stories of their tribulations, which greatly amused them.

https://en.wikipedia.org โ€บ wiki โ€บ Th...

The Egg and I - Wikipedia

ร—
ร—