Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Hey ladies! I’m still behind and slow on my reading! Today was my birthday so it was a busy day today, but a very good day! I didn’t get any books for gifts though! Lol 😜 I suppose he sees all the ones I have here to read and figured I didn’t need anymore! I was very spoiled though. I’ll get to reading this weekend!> :)

Happy Birthday!! 🎁🎊🎂 I’m glad you had a lovely day! 🥰🥰

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies! I’m still behind and slow on my reading! Today was my birthday so it was a busy day today, but a very good day! I didn’t get any books for gifts though! Lol 😜 I suppose he sees all the ones I have here to read and figured I didn’t need anymore! I was very spoiled though. I’ll get to reading this weekend!> :)

Happy birthday WW! so glad you got spoilt  :smitten:

Shayna, I’m a geologist (for real). 😆😆😆

I know and I love u for it 😆 no disrespect x

It’s not that I don’t find it interesting but for the lay person it’s just a bit too much rock talk . Haha

It’s kinda like when I read Life by Keith Richards. I loved it, but when he started talking about different guitar riffs and keys and types of guitars I was like... yawn. But my mate who’s a guitar teacher, she totally got it and was into it. Where as I just wanted to hear about that one time when the stones partied with the Beatles.  :laugh:

I’m just razzing you. 🥰 I know exactly what you mean!

It was funny coz as I was writing it I was thinking... hmm pretty sure Kits will pull me up on this  :laugh:

100 pages in on Wolves. It’s starting to pick up a little.

It takes a while but is well worth it - I promise

Hey girls x had a break from reading and binged tv yesterday. I watched far and away kits  :smitten:

I’m starting wolves now. X glad I can read today yesterday I could hardly speak! Which tells u how rough I felt coz usually I never shut up  :laugh:

Hey girls x had a break from reading and binged tv yesterday. I watched far and away kits  :smitten:

I’m starting wolves now. X glad I can read today yesterday I could hardly speak! Which tells u how rough I felt coz usually I never shut up  :laugh:

Oh honey - ouch! God almighty you are super woman - through & through. I’ve day we will all be healed & through this for good.  We will look back & smile because w/d taught us just how strong, just how resilient we all are & the amazing, wonderful things we are gonna do when we are healed.  Oh lord please make it be soon!

Big love to you xxx

Thanks Bessie x we are all super women to still be hear fighting tooth and nail to get our lives back. I think well be rewarded but yes probably not as soon as we should x love to u x

Thanks Bessie x we are all super women to still be hear fighting tooth and nail to get our lives back. I think well be rewarded but yes probably not as soon as we should x love to u x

Totally! Just imagine how easy everything will feel once we are healed - my gosh! Love right back to you xxx

How's the reading going everyone? How are you feeling?

I hate getting waves when I get to a good part in the book. Then it makes me fall behind.  :(

Lady, I sure hope you start feeling better soon. ❤️ I have to slow down reading when I have waves too.

I’m on page 186 of Wolves. It’s getting more interesting the further in I get.

Thx Kits! You're such a dear. Wow that sounds like you're enjoying Wolves. I'll have to check it out.

I honestly hope you're feeling well too. Wishing you nice windows Kits.

I’m glad those of you reading Walk in the Woods are enjoying it! I laughed so many times (I read it in 2019). I have another Bill Bryson book to read eventually.  :smitten:

Yeah kits , it is hilarious!  One of the blurbs in the front said it was like crossing John Muirs writings with Dave Barry’s.  That is spot on!  Dave Barry is one of my favorites.

Hi girls x sorry haven’t been around lately x no secret I’m having a rough time but I just wanted to say I’m having trouble reading atm, but I’m still trying and I’m about a third the way thru wolves. I’m enjoying it so far but I’m doing the old “read a page then I realize I have no idea what I just read so I have to read it again” thing

Beyond frustrating but I’ll keep chipping away at it x

Kits slow down  :laugh:

I hope everyone else is doing well snd enjoying their books xx

Finished Wolves just now. It got so much better at the end, just very slow build up. It didn’t end the way I hoped, I’ll keep quiet on the details for now.  :smitten:

Wow I'm no where near y'all. Wow y'all read fast. Lol

Hugs to you Kits and Shay and everyone. Hope you're enjoying reading.

Glad to see you posted something Shay. We miss you.

I don’t do much except play video games and read, so that allows me to read a lot.  :laugh: I’ll wait to start Light at the End of the War until others have caught up. I’m not short on reading material as you all know.  :D :D

Love to you all.  :smitten:

I miss u guys too x I don’t like to put downer stuff on positive threads, or even on any threads except the one I create. No one needs to see that stuff unless they choose to.

Anyway I plan to read some today. Its raining here so perfect book weather x

Kits u little bugger  :laugh: thanks for letting us catch up xx

What are u planning to read while u wait?

Do u guys remember the movie some kind of wonderful? Eric stoltz was in it? Anyway I was so obsessed with that movie as a teenager and I found the book the other day, so I’ll definitely be reading that at some point.

I love John Hughes! I’ll have to look up the movie, I don’t recall watching it. I’m reading a historical mystery right now and then I’ll probably read a Kathy Reich’s novel next. Also Charlaine Harris (True Blood series) has a new series I’m going to start soon. I’d like to whittle away at some of the books on my bookshelves so I can make room for more books.  :D :D :laugh:

It’s a really good coming of age movie. Plus Eric stoltz was gorgeous. Did u know he was almost Marty McFly? Thank god he didn’t get that part, Michael j fox was excellent

https://www.distractify.com/p/why-did-eric-stoltz-leave-back-to-the-future

You do need to make some room for more books  :laugh

My dads been here most of the week helping me and he said Jesus have u read all these books, and I said nope I’m collecting them and then I showed him what were reading and he just shook his head. He can’t believe how much I read snd I don’t even read as much as u kits! Ur a dynamo