• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I found this ?

thx Morreweg, watching now

This video is actually quite good. I came across it this morning when I was hunting around for something, but I just watched it now. Worth checking out.

I found this ?

i started getting interestedabout 1/2 way into it.

EDIT:

oh sorry this was wrong!

i confused 2 videos i was watching at the same time, lol! benzo brain!

this guy waa actually very good, concise. only a couple iny points i didn't totally agree with, but the rest was very good. i posted to my fb page  :thumbsup:

With a few minor quibbles, just in how calm he is about it all!, this fellow makes more sense than every single doctor or therapist I have spoken to in the last 6 years. And he goes out of his way to say it is not his speciality, he does not prescribe them, is not licensed to do so, and, we can surmise, has ever tapered anyone off. It's like if you do some basic research on a topic you can figure it out and be helpful. I didn't go to med school, but I could design a taper for someone that is better than any one Ive been given by docs so far. Hell, my neighbor could do better, because they'd say, "I don't know, go ask someone who does."

With a few minor quibbles, just in how calm he is about it all!, this fellow makes more sense than every single doctor or therapist I have spoken to in the last 6 years. And he goes out of his way to say it is not his speciality, he does not prescribe them, is not licensed to do so, and, we can surmise, has ever tapered anyone off. It's like if you do some basic research on a topic you can figure it out and be helpful. I didn't go to med school, but I could design a taper for someone that is better than any one Ive been given by docs so far. Hell, my neighbor could do better, because they'd say, "I don't know, go ask someone who does."

I think you’re absolutely correct.

This might be the kind of thing that gets tagged at the top of one of the beginner sections? If enough people agree that its ideas are completely sound? Maybe the topicality of the Peterson part makes that difficult. Just a thought.

I hate to jump into the speculation game but I thought about this and my guess is that JP saw the Lisa Ling piece and maybe did some more research and realized that he could very well be in for months or years of painful, debilitating issues so he reinstated.

He is at the peak of his career and he is making tons and tons of money. Millions of dollars are at stake. This is the absolute worst time for someone to be dealing with something like this.

Maybe he is planning to taper now or at a later date. Maybe he's playing it by ear. All I know is that if he did get educated about the full extent of the damages these drugs can do he probably realizes that he made a HUGE mistake cold turkeying and going into rehab and now he is doing damage control.

This is a very good point and it is a point that IMHO is not made frequently enough on BB, especially for newbies who visit here expecting to be "healed" in a short period of time from long-term (more than 2 weeks) of benzo use.

That guy is someone I found last month. He seems to make a lot of sense. I like his disclaimer.

I noticed a lot of narcissism videos have appeared in the last 3 years, (basically since my last N died shall we say. I am finding it very ironic. If I was armed with some of this stuff 50 years ago!!...)

Anyway he did a video critiquing them and that was very realistic and gave some perspective  Youtube is going to be a great resource for healing and prevention for future generations. There are children being born who won't have to be narcissistically abused, thanks to this.

My only issue is that I'd like to see -- in print -- what kind of doctor he is in the info below his name. Many people use "Dr." before their name, and that, of course, can mean medical doctor, or PhD, or naturopath, or something else. Clarification of his credentials below his video would -- for me -- be a helpful addition, especially since Youtube features so many people who claim to have expertise in a given topic when they don't.

My only issue is that I'd like to see -- in print -- what kind of doctor he is in the info below his name. Many people use "Dr." before their name, and that, of course, can mean medical doctor, or PhD, or naturopath, or something else. Clarification of his credentials below his video would -- for me -- be a helpful addition, especially since Youtube features so many people who claim to have expertise in a given topic when they don't.

He states in the video that he isn't a medical doctor but is a therapist, but I don't know if he is a PhD or a PsyD.

He states in the video that he isn't a medical doctor but is a therapist, but I don't know if he is a PhD or a PsyD.

I know. I just would like to see it in the information below the video in writing so that it's clear. Different countries have different classifications for "therapist" or "counsellor" or whatever.

Could also be an LCSW. Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

Right. And here in Canada, we have different designations, titles and requirements. It's just that "Doctor" can mean a number of things. My neighbour has a PhD in English, and I could call her "Dr.", but....

Right. And here in Canada, we have different designations, titles and requirements. It's just that "Doctor" can mean a number of things. My neighbour has a PhD in English, and I could call her "Dr.", but....

I guess now people can call him a benzo-patient if they wish?

Who?

Who?

Jordan Peterson

We were talking about Dr. Todd Grande, the man in the recently-shared video. If you haven't watched it, it's definitely worth watching. Quite good.

We were talking about Dr. Todd Grande, the man in the recently-shared video. If you haven't watched it, it's definitely worth watching. Quite good.

Oh, my mistake about you referring to Todd Grande rather than Jordan Peterson. Yeah, I already watched that video.

Oh, my mistake about you referring to Todd Grande rather than Jordan Peterson. Yeah, I already watched that video.

Okay, no problem, Fi.

I clicked on Dr. Grande's name and was led to his 36-second intro video, plus a written description:

"Hello! I'm Dr. Grande. I'm a licensed professional counselor of mental health, a licensed chemical dependency professional, and have a Ph.D. in counselor education and supervision. My channel is about discussing mental health topics from a scientific perspective informed by my experience as an expert. Watch my channel to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the mental health field."

Lapis, in Wikipedia they have this on Jordan Peterson: Peterson has bachelor's degrees in political science and psychology from the University of Alberta and a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from McGill University. He was a post-doctoral fellow at McGill from 1991 to 1993 before moving to Harvard University, where he was an assistant and then an associate professor in the psychology department.[4][5] In 1998, he moved back to Canada as a faculty member in the psychology department at the University of Toronto, where, as of 2019, he is a full professor.

Lapis, in Wikipedia they have this on Jordan Peterson: Peterson has bachelor's degrees in political science and psychology from the University of Alberta and a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from McGill University. He was a post-doctoral fellow at McGill from 1991 to 1993 before moving to Harvard University, where he was an assistant and then an associate professor in the psychology department.[4][5] In 1998, he moved back to Canada as a faculty member in the psychology department at the University of Toronto, where, as of 2019, he is a full professor.

I know, Terry. We were talking about Dr. Todd Grande, who posted a video about Dr. Jordan Peterson being in rehabilitation for clonazepam. I have no questions about Peterson's credentials at all. I just didn't understand the designation of "Dr." for Todd Grande. If you read my previous posts, you'll see what I was talking about.

I'm sorry, Lapis! Sometimes I just gloss over everything. My mistake!  :idiot:

No problem, Terry! You're the second one to do so. I know people read things rather quickly at times, so details can get missed.