Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

He does not incorrectly describe the state of affairs in the western hemisphere. That was a clear inflammatory and instigative remark, provocatively stated with the intent to stir up negative emotions in people who share his views like myself. But, yes he always did all the other things you described.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

He incorrectly stated there are currently no wars in the Western Hemisphere. I beg to differ and cite the ongoing Mexican Drug Wars, the War in Catatumbo (Columbia & Venezuela), the ongoing War On Terror, the ongoing War On Drugs and the various ongoing Gang Wars as only a few examples. My comment was not meant to be inflammatory nor instigative but only my observation of his apparent disregard or misunderstanding of the current state of affairs in the Western Hemisphere.

Edit:

I will add another "war" that was I shocked to learn of and which President Trump announced at a private meeting that was discretely recorded where he stated “we are at war” in reference to a whistle-blower. Referenced here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-27/stoking-anger-is-becoming-good-politics

He incorrectly stated there are currently no wars in the Western Hemisphere. I beg to differ and cite the ongoing Mexican Drug Wars, the War in Catatumbo (Columbia & Venezuela), the ongoing War On Terror, the ongoing War On Drugs and the various ongoing Gang Wars as only a few examples. My comment was not meant to be inflammatory nor instigative but only my observation of his apparent disregard or misunderstanding of the current state of affairs in the Western Hemisphere.

And what does that have to do with benzos? Politically trolling a benzo board...way to go.

Edit:

I will add another "war" that was I shocked to learn of and which President Trump announced at a private meeting that was discretely recorded where he stated “we are at war” in reference to a whistle-blower. Referenced here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-27/stoking-anger-is-becoming-good-politics

Dude, seriously?

And what does that have to do with benzos? Politically trolling a benzo board...way to go.

I was responding to an accusation made toward me. If you are going to quote something you really should do it in its entirety. But, whatever turns your crank my friend. best wishes

I was responding to an accusation made toward me. If you are going to quote something you really should do it in its entirety. But, whatever turns your crank my friend. best wishes

I quoted what I wanted to quote.

edit: profanity

Easy guys. This by nature is a political thread. It would be like trying to talk about Donald Trump’s benzo issue and expecting it not to get political. I have been mostly impressed about how everyone has handled themselves here. The last one to lose their cool was me like 25 pages ago. Lol. This has been a good discussion. Some of the things that FI said the past few pages made me want to throw my phone, mostly angry in a fun political discussion kind of way. This is a thread about Jordan Peterson. He would never want his dissenter’s to be silenced. We can choose not to participate in this thread. If we start cursing at each other the mods are gonna end up shutting this down. That would be sad.

Edit:

Dude, seriously?

Yes, seriously. Many parts of the Western Hemisphere are every bit as violent as other parts of this planet. As I said, I was shocked by President Trump's statement "we are at war" regarding a whistle blower and the ongoing impeachment inquiry but, President Trump's  alleged misuse of Adderall and Benzos should probably merit its own thread. :)

I only posted that video because it seemed to give us a chance to hear from JP himself and to get a sense of how he is. I can tell you I was rather surprised to see this video pop up, since according to our last bit of news about him, he was in rehab for clonazepam issues, and then had "an allergic reaction" or something like that.

I still wish we could have some sort of follow-up information that would clarify what happened with the benzodiazepine issue he dealt with, but it may never come. I wish him well. Still and again.

I apologize for how stupid this question is, but I can't watch moving images, and I'm having a hard time even following this thread.

Lapis, you are saying this is def a video from after he checked himself in? And so the discussion is what can be deduced about his health or state of mind from his affect?

Just trying to keep up in a bad brainstate.

quiet

Edit:

Dude, seriously?

Yes, seriously. Many parts of the Western Hemisphere are every bit as violent as other parts of this planet. As I said, I was shocked by President Trump's statement "we are at war" regarding a whistle blower and the ongoing impeachment inquiry but, President Trump's  alleged misuse of Adderall and Benzos should probably merit its own thread. :)

But when you have to use the “war on drugs” to discredit Jordan Peterson’s stance on western wars you are just proving my point. I made the accusation/observation that I made because you regarded your subjective stance to be factual over his subjective stance. You basically asked if his opinion is always this wrong. I stand by my statement. The more you type on this the more you are proving to be looking for a rise. There is a way to state your opinion. Now you have started slandering Trump which has nothing to do with this thread. This is text book trolling. Sorry, I have to call it like I see it. I know you aren’t a troll. I’ve come across your posts on the rest of the forum. But at this point, you are trolling this thread.

I apologize for how stupid this question is, but I can't watch moving images, and I'm having a hard time even following this thread.

Lapis, you are saying this is def a video from after he checked himself in? And so the discussion is what can be deduced about his health or state of mind from his affect?

Just trying to keep up in a bad brainstate.

quiet

Hi Qq,

For me, it's unclear when it was actually filmed. It could have been filmed awhile ago and then posted recently. I just don't know.

The conversation itself is wide-ranging. There's a bit about what happened at U. of Toronto, his book tour, giving his lectures, reaching certain audiences, dealing with the media, etc. He doesn't talk at all about medication or rehab or anything that would give us direct information about those issues. To me, he appears rather emotional and shaky, but again, I don't know what he was like before. He cried during this interview and wiped away the tears, but I couldn't be sure of what he was actually crying about .

He does seem a little extra shaky here but he never seemed healthy. And he always had a lot of weird quirks. He has been very open about his mental health issues. He gets very passionate/emotional and I have seen him tear up before. Also  he has been on and off psych meds numerous times and clearly misunderstands the risks involved in doing so. I am not sure when this was filmed. I am doubtful it was last week but it’s not impossible. .

Ok, thanks Lapis. That was very helpful.

Think about it this way folks. Can you imagine this theatre refusing to screen his film, and him NOT being out there raising holy hell? That's one of his major things, right?, censorship (even though this isn't the government), and the disallowing of alternative voices? This is like prime time for him, but he's not talking. I really think this guy is hurting and either doesn't know how to address it, doesn't want to address it, or is incapable of addressing it.

All I know is when I was in the thick of benzo withdrawal I could not have done his job. Hell I couldn't take a shower, lol. Now I have been back to work for 9 months. I am just now getting comfortable and healthy enough to do my job well again. I still could not do his job! No way, debating people on TV with a fried CNS. No thanks. Geez, the light duty debates on this thread are tough. Lol.

Jesus, I couldn't sit down when I was in withdrawal. Now that I'm ready to taper again (not ready at all) I can't stop crying every 30 minutes. For a public person it's just the end of things for awhile/ever.

Oh come on, let Jordan Peterson & this thread rest in peace ... Perhaps he will rise again at another time & place and then share his experiences of Paradise? best wishes :) 

Oh come on, let Jordan Peterson & this thread rest in peace ... Perhaps he will rise again at another time & place and then share his experiences of Paradise? best wishes :)

Just move on pls.....before I say something disrespectful...thank you.

To the contributors to this thread:

This is in no way a political thread or topic.  We do not allow political discussion on the forum. Believe me, we have made many attempts at providing a place for people to reasonably and calmly discuss politics and world issues.

It never works out

The climate is too volatile and there are many strong feelings that cause discussions like this to descend into personal attacks, as I see from earlier posts. 

Please speak to the original topic. 

pianogirl

He never fought against anyone creating new language. Guys, this is very simple. He simply stated that the government does not have the authority to control the words that come out of your mouth. Anyone that disagrees with that scares me to death.

I wonder how many people actually disagree with this vs how many people are simply blinded by the headlines that labeled Peterson a bigot putting them in a position where they would never have the opportunity to understand the truth?

I am willing to bet that there are a hell of a lot of fairly reasonable people out there who would be able to understand the utter insanity behind going down that slippery slope if they bothered to take a step back and look at things rationally. But of course, that's the reason why this cancel culture exists in the first place. Rile people up enough that they can't see the wizard behind the curtain even  after the curtain gets torn down.

Pronouns are a slippery slope to what? That future is coming from anti democratic foprces that are very much on the alert worldwide. Not transgender activists in college. The culture wars we have in north america are just being observed with joy by malign political actors, over the world.

There is a network where they rile people up to irrational fever pitches, on purpose, with the most bald untruth, almost 24 hours a day, and that's not a college campus. Is this a concern for you? I think with all respect that you are really just defending the curtain of your preference. 

He's known as a "gender essentialist." Meaning he has public legal fights against coining pronouns for non binary people. I don't know what he does to protect free speech other than that though.

So basically, you are just like many of his other critics, you read a couple of headlines about him in the mainstream media, form your negative opinion and call it a day.

He is NOT against anyone coining pronouns in any way, shape or form, he is against compelling the use certain language by force of law.

Leave out one fundamental fact and it's easy to demonize someone, isn't it?

That leads to ten more people who can't be bothered to look at the facts forming a negative opinion. Before you know it there is are lynch mobs after the guy and theater employees getting triggered by a documentary about him.

I have a hard time imagining what could possibly be so upsetting about a documentary that people would look to get it shut down. There is probably nothing that a sane, rational person would lose their mind over. This is just par for the course in today's cancel culture- whenever someone has an opinion that you don't like you simply label them a bigot and cry until they get silenced.

The problem is that in 2019 the enemy of freedom and reason isn't "cultural marxism." In fact by saying that he sounds like someone who is utterly loathe to address todays problems in any real meaningful way, or from any notion of scientific observation.

Would that real, meaningful way of addressing problems include falsely demonizing anyone with an opposing view and throwing a tantrum until they are silenced?

Floridaguy: He has legal fights about "using" the pronouns and not "coining" them. That's still an issue for me. I said other things which you don't address, other than to say that I am off the rails so to speak with prejudging him.

There are a lot of problems in the world that he won't address because of his following, his image and his ego. The ones he is addressing are part of a big antidemocratic push that we see all over to criticize western governments, manipulate electorates, and make one big soup of a corrupt authoritarian planet.

I do wonder if many fears of censorship increased a lot for people while on Facebook.

I agree FG. Once it’s horrible it’s all in. It seems like once it's bad it’s at least a year. Horrific is a strong word. I don’t think she chose it by chance. And he is still missing. Gone from the scene. Not a peep from this guy in the peak of his career.

Gone from the scene. Not a peep from this guy in the peak of his career.

I don't know when this was filmed but it was very recently uploaded. Same with the video someone else posted a few days ago. I am assuming that he reinstated within a window that allows him to function and he is back to work. Maybe not 100% capacity??

Who knows.

question  if once it is horrible it is all in,  i have been horrible almost 3 years when mirtaz threw me into CT withdrawal.

Mirtaz long gone but on taper but it awful and i need to function.  Yet if I take meds, unlike others in forum, i don't feel better.  sometimes i am worse.  Any ideas?

On 2 val, 2/3 or so ambien,  .05 mg clon.

i cannot keep keeping on... too much time has passed and no help at all.

thx... sorry this wrong topic...