Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

Ted Kennedy chaired a US senate investigation on Valium in 1979. Pharma gave testimony and it all went away. Just part of why this is unknown to medical professionals? Espy

I keep wondering about this, too. It seems that a lot of general population started to become very skeptical of valium around those hearings. The skepticism still remains. There's a lot more stigma to being prescribed valium than klonopin or ativan, which certainly doesn't help if a person wants to use valium taper via Ashton method.

But what I think happened in the early 80's is that, in 1980, DSM III classified panic disorder as a distinct and separate condition from anxiety disorders in general. Then, UpJohn brought Xanax to the market in 1981, and FDA approved it as treatment for panic disorder. It was the first medication specifically approved for the treatment of panic disorder.

I am pretty sure that these two developments is what kept benzos alive. If valium were the only thing on the market, the benzos would not have achieved this level of popularity. We would probably still have so many different psychiatric drugs out there, but benzos wouldn't be a big part of this picture. There would still be people taking Valium today, but I don't think the benzo prescribing would have reached the levels that it has reached during the last couple of decades.

I also wonder whether there is a Jordan Peterson backlash now that is primarily fueled by the fact that he sought help to get off of Klonopin. The society can be cruel like that. To be honest, I barely followed the guy. I'd seen a few of his youtube videos that were mostly devoted to his work as a psychologist, and I liked those. He certainly strikes me as a very complex and nuanced person, but I am just not familiar enough with him or his work to really have any sort of definitive opinion about him. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the stigma of being unable to stop the benzo he had been on is what people are using against him. I remember how people in real life actually used the whole benzo situation against me. And if they did that to a private, unknown person like myself, you bet they are more than capable of doing it to someone as popular as Jordan Peterson.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

And many of us would be better off if Valium were still the benzo, since they now don’t have the same low doses to start you on and you have to do all this crossover nonsense. It’s horrible to know we are here because of greed and stupidity.

While I haven't seen any updates on Jordan Peterson's health, I did see this article in Canada's National Post newspaper:

"N.Y. venue cancels screening of Jordan Peterson movie that left staff ‘uncomfortable’"

https://nationalpost.com/news/new-york-venue-cancels-screening-of-new-jordan-peterson-movie-as-it-made-staff-uncomfortable 

It would be good to know what happened to him.

The irony here is that a culture where a documentary about someone like Jordan Peterson (whose rhetoric is primarily based on scientific observations, although based on public reaction you would think the guy is famous for killing babies or something) makes people "uncomfortable" enough that the Powers That Be feel the need to shut it down most certainly contributes to people being prescribed drugs such as benzos.

Even just ten years ago I never could have imagined society would come to this. Sadly, JP was one of the few people who was fighting against it.

I think we have to see the doc to know what it's message is.

He's known as a "gender essentialist." Meaning he has public legal fights against coining pronouns for non binary people. I don't know what he does to protect free speech other than that though.

The problem is that in 2019 the enemy of freedom and reason isn't "cultural marxism." In fact by saying that he sounds like someone who is utterly loathe to address todays problems in any real meaningful way, or from any notion of scientific observation. I'm pretty sure he is calling me a cultural marxist. What kind of struggle is he waging, for the advancement of my freedom?

Can you explain how fighting against people creating new language to describe their life is an act of “defending free speech?” That seems oxymoronic at first glance.

Could it be Jordan Peterson has "healed" and has simply moved on with his life? Perhaps he is living it up on a tropical paradise island, drinking Mai Tais and eating fresh fruit, leafy greens and whatever else suits his fancy?

He never fought against anyone creating new language. Guys, this is very simple. He simply stated that the government does not have the authority to control the words that come out of your mouth. Anyone that disagrees with that scares me to death.

He never fought against anyone creating new language. Guys, this is very simple. He simply stated that the government does not have the authority to control the words that come out of your mouth. If you disagree with that then you scare me to death.

China recently demonstrated it has the authority to control an NBA's coach's freedom of speech as it pertains to Hong Kong and now they have banned the viewing of NBA games in China by 100's of millions of basketball fans there (there are more NBA fans in China than in the U.S.).

Edit:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/media/nba-china-hong-kong-morey/index.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/09/768373843/analysis-the-long-arm-of-china-and-free-speech

No, it did not demonstrate that it has the authority. It just did so with use of force. Use of force does not equate to authority. I can rob you at gunpoint. Does that mean that I demonstrated my authority to take your money? No, of course not. If we went to court the court would surely say I had no right to take your money. Therefore actions do not equal authorized actions. If the Chinese government has gotten too big for it’s britches then that is the fault of it’s citizens for not protecting their rights. The United States Declaration of Independence summarizes this nicely. In the US the authority lies with the people. The government does not have the authority to control people’s speech. The people have the right to protect this freedom through use of force if necessary. But, I can only speak for the US and can only view this from the perspective of an American.

No, it did not demonstrate that it has the authority. It just did so with use of force. Use of force does not equate to authority. I can rob you at gunpoint. Does that mean that I demonstrated my authority to take your money? No, of course not. If we went to court the court would surely say I had no right to take your money. Therefore actions do not equal authorized actions. If the Chinese government has gotten too big for it’s britches then that is the fault of it’s citizens for not protecting their rights. The United States Declaration of Independence summarizes this nicely. In the US the authority lies with the people. The government does not have the authority to control people’s speech. The people have the right to protect this freedom through use of force if necessary. But, I can only speak for the US and can only view this from the perspective of an American.

This debate is currently going on in the U.S. between the 3 main branches of government: Executive, Legislative & Judicial in regard to the Presidential impeachment inquiry.

Could it be Jordan Peterson has "healed" and has simply moved on with his life? Perhaps he is living it up on a tropical paradise island, drinking Mai Tais and eating fresh fruit, leafy greens and whatever else suits his fancy?

Maybe. He is a pretty heavy Twitter user. Seems a bit odd that he hasn't been on the platform. But sure, maybe he's on a break after rehab.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Don’t want to put words in your mouth? Do you mean as in regard as to whether the speaker of the house has the authority to impeach?  Since, I brought it up, lol, I believe no. Being that the states elected the president but she was elected by the 12th district of California. I don’t think California’s 12th district has the unique power of being able to overthrow the votes of the rest of the country. This is why the entire house votes on impeachment, always.

Again, I don’t know if that’s what you meant. But that’s what jumped out at me.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Don’t want to put words in your mouth? Do you mean as in regard as to whether the speaker of the house has the authority to impeach?  Since, I brought it up, lol, I believe no. Being that the states elected the president but she was elected by the 12th district of California. I don’t think California’s 12th district has the unique power of being able to overthrow the votes of the rest of the country. This is why the entire house votes on impeachment, always.

Again, I don’t know if that’s what you meant. But that’s what jumped out at me.

lol, it's not exactly what i meant but, the discussion certainly & deservingly is in the news & likely will be even after the House votes to impeach the U.S. President.

Ted Kennedy chaired a US senate investigation on Valium in 1979. Pharma gave testimony and it all went away. Just part of why this is unknown to medical professionals? Espy

It seems I read somewhere that Joan Kennedy, his wife, was on benzos. But it's hard to find any mention of that. It was all covered up, I'm sure. I tell you, benzos have almost been like a living entity that continually hides under the radar. It's amazing that it's gone on so very long.

He's known as a "gender essentialist." Meaning he has public legal fights against coining pronouns for non binary people. I don't know what he does to protect free speech other than that though.

So basically, you are just like many of his other critics, you read a couple of headlines about him in the mainstream media, form your negative opinion and call it a day.

He is NOT against anyone coining pronouns in any way, shape or form, he is against compelling the use certain language by force of law.

Leave out one fundamental fact and it's easy to demonize someone, isn't it?

That leads to ten more people who can't be bothered to look at the facts forming a negative opinion. Before you know it there is are lynch mobs after the guy and theater employees getting triggered by a documentary about him.

I have a hard time imagining what could possibly be so upsetting about a documentary that people would look to get it shut down. There is probably nothing that a sane, rational person would lose their mind over. This is just par for the course in today's cancel culture- whenever someone has an opinion that you don't like you simply label them a bigot and cry until they get silenced.

The problem is that in 2019 the enemy of freedom and reason isn't "cultural marxism." In fact by saying that he sounds like someone who is utterly loathe to address todays problems in any real meaningful way, or from any notion of scientific observation.

Would that real, meaningful way of addressing problems include falsely demonizing anyone with an opposing view and throwing a tantrum until they are silenced?

He never fought against anyone creating new language. Guys, this is very simple. He simply stated that the government does not have the authority to control the words that come out of your mouth. Anyone that disagrees with that scares me to death.

I wonder how many people actually disagree with this vs how many people are simply blinded by the headlines that labeled Peterson a bigot putting them in a position where they would never have the opportunity to understand the truth?

I am willing to bet that there are a hell of a lot of fairly reasonable people out there who would be able to understand the utter insanity behind going down that slippery slope if they bothered to take a step back and look at things rationally. But of course, that's the reason why this cancel culture exists in the first place. Rile people up enough that they can't see the wizard behind the curtain even  after the curtain gets torn down.

It seems I read somewhere that Joan Kennedy, his wife, was on benzos. But it's hard to find any mention of that. It was all covered up, I'm sure. I tell you, benzos have almost been like a living entity that continually hides under the radar. It's amazing that it's gone on so very long.

I don't know about Joan Kennedy but, President Kennedy's & his wife Jackie's "Dr. Feelgood" was Dr. Max Jacobson.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/jackie-kennedy-doctor-feelgood-drugs-queen

Presidents Bush, Obama and Trump's Doctor is Ronny Jackson, a.k.a. "The Candyman".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/03/ronny-jackson-trump-makes-controversial-doctor-his-chief-medical-adviser

I don't know who is treating Jordan Peterson? I am curious what treatments & prognosis he has received for his symptoms since he c/t'd Klonopin and a sensible diet.

"Changing Your Diet Can Help Tamp Down Depression, Boost Mood"

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/09/768665411/changing-your-diet-can-help-tamp-down-depression-boost-mood

"There's fresh evidence that eating a healthy diet, one that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and limits highly processed foods, can help reduce symptoms of depression.

A randomized controlled trial published in the journal PLOS ONE finds that symptoms of depression dropped significantly among a group of young adults after they followed a Mediterranean-style pattern of eating for three weeks. Participants saw their depression "score" fall from the "moderate" range down to the "normal" range, and they reported lower levels of anxiety and stress too.

Alternatively, the depression scores among the control group of participants — who didn't change their diets — didn't budge. These participants continued to eat a diet higher in refined carbohydrates, processed foods and sugary foods and beverages. Their depression scores remained in the "moderate severity" range.

"We were quite surprised by the findings," researcher Heather Francis, a lecturer in clinical neuropsychology at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, told NPR via email. "I think the next step is to demonstrate the physiological mechanism underlying how diet can improve depression symptoms," Francis said."

Best Wishes Jordan Peterson et al

"Changing Your Diet Can Help Tamp Down Depression, Boost Mood"

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/09/768665411/changing-your-diet-can-help-tamp-down-depression-boost-mood

"There's fresh evidence that eating a healthy diet, one that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and limits highly processed foods, can help reduce symptoms of depression.

A randomized controlled trial published in the journal PLOS ONE finds that symptoms of depression dropped significantly among a group of young adults after they followed a Mediterranean-style pattern of eating for three weeks. Participants saw their depression "score" fall from the "moderate" range down to the "normal" range, and they reported lower levels of anxiety and stress too.

Alternatively, the depression scores among the control group of participants — who didn't change their diets — didn't budge. These participants continued to eat a diet higher in refined carbohydrates, processed foods and sugary foods and beverages. Their depression scores remained in the "moderate severity" range.

"We were quite surprised by the findings," researcher Heather Francis, a lecturer in clinical neuropsychology at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, told NPR via email. "I think the next step is to demonstrate the physiological mechanism underlying how diet can improve depression symptoms," Francis said."

Best Wishes Jordan Peterson et al

That's been a finding for some time. I really like this book, which suggests a number of things in addition to diet:

https://www.amazon.com/Depression-Cure-6-Step-Program-without/dp/0738213888/

Edit: Added missing word.

This interview with Jordan Peterson popped up on my cell phone scroll thingo last night. I wouldn't normally have come across it, but there it was. It's worth checking out. I don't know when it was recorded, but perhaps fairly recently.

He's interviewed by Rex Murphy, a well-known commentator, journalist and author who had a regular radio program on CBC Radio for many years. I'll put a link to both the interview and the Wikipedia entry for Rex Murphy.

https://www.rebelnews.com/rex_murphy_interviews_jordan_peterson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Murphy 

By the way, in the interview, JP explains that he's been off Twitter for a few months, and that he only sends things to a third party to post once in awhile. It seems to be about self-preservation and protection from certain kinds of attention.

This interview with Jordan Peterson popped up on my cell phone scroll thingo last night. I wouldn't normally have come across it, but there it was. It's worth checking out. I don't know when it was recorded, but perhaps fairly recently.

He's interviewed by Rex Murphy, a well-known commentator, journalist and author who had a regular radio program on CBC Radio for many years. I'll put a link to both the interview and the Wikipedia entry for Rex Murphy.

I'm not familiar with Jordan Peterson's pre Klonopin c/t w/d interview/presentation attributes nor with his post rehab faculties of mind but, does he normally cry, sniffle, search for words, lose his train of thought and incorrectly describe the present state of affairs in the western hemisphere?

One viewer of this first REXTV youtube video (which was apparently recorded about 3 days ago, or about October 8, 2019) stated:

"After following the work of Jordan for awhile I believe he needs a vacation. I hope the people close to him help he see that. And after a few months come back with the follow up to 12 rules for life. He looks completely exhausted."

I'm not familiar with Jordan Peterson's pre Klonopin c/t w/d interview/presentation attributes nor with his post rehab faculties of mind but, does he normally cry, sniffle, search for words, lose his train of thought and incorrectly describe the present state of affairs in the western hemisphere?

One viewer of this first REXTV youtube video (which was apparently recorded about 3 days ago, or about October 8, 2019) stated:

"After following the work of Jordan for awhile I believe he needs a vacation. I hope the people close to him help he see that. And after a few months come back with the follow up to 12 rules for life. He looks completely exhausted."

You are such an agitator. You hate Jordan Peterson, WE GET IT. Go argue with people on twitter or something.

I'm in the same boat, Fi. I don't know what he was like before, and having just re-watched this interview (since I watched it late last night when I was exhausted and falling asleep), I just wanted to see whether I misconstrued things. But he does appear fragile and exhausted. If others watch this who have a better sense of what he was like before, then I would definitely be interested to hear what they think. For me, this was my introduction to him -- aside from watching a news clip about three years ago when the whole issue came up about the use of certain language at U. of Toronto.