Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

My question: Is Jordan Peterson "man" enough to present himself as a case study for others' edification?

That probably depends on a lot of things, first and foremost is his multi-million dollar career.

I hope he shouts it from the rooftops as much as the next person, but that's a bit selfish of me considering I have nothing to lose. If I were in his shoes and there were millions of dollars on the line I know I would be thinking long and hard before putting my name behind a misunderstood cause that most people have no sympathy for.

Millions of dollars won't cure benzo damage but it can make things a lot easier when you have to go through it. I wouldn't want to see JP or anyone sick AND broke, as so many of us benzo people are.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I'd very much like to have the back-story in order to understand what went on here. Here are a few of my questions:

What type of medical professional (psych or non-psych?) prescribed this medication to JP?

What was he told about side effects and withdrawal effects?

As a health professional himself, did he know anything at all about benzodiazepines beforehand?

How much did he take and for how long?

Did he take the medication as prescribed?

Did he consult anyone about getting off the medication?

Did he do any research on it before stopping the medication?

Did he taper at all, or did he really just stop the medication abruptly?

Did he have a seizure or any sort of emergency, if he did, indeed stop it abruptly?

Why did he seek care outside of Ontario when he had access to provincially-covered help here at home (i.e. no out-of-pocket expenses)?

What type of care did he get/is he getting at the rehabilitation facility in New York?

What are his symptoms?

Etc.

Those are all really great questions and I hope one day he is transparent enough to answer these questions. It would be very beneficial to our community (and more) if he revealed all these answers.

Those are all really great questions and I hope one day he is transparent enough to answer these questions. It would be very beneficial to our community (and more) if he revealed all these answers.

It certainly would. In his tweet from a couple of days ago, he said he would have more to say later, so let's hope that's true.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a good documentary called The Rise of Jordan Peterson out now. I rented it on YouTube because I wanted to see it. If anyone wants to know more about him I thought it was pretty decent.

• 1 month later...

This is a part of an interview JP gave after he went to rehab.

Edit: I think it may be before rehab too. Can't imagine what he is like now. I hope he gets better. He's a nice person.

This is one small part of the almost-hour-long video that JP did with Rex Murphy. The full interview was posted some time ago, and it was unclear when it was actually taped. Might have been done much earlier in the year.

Check my post on page 30, October 11, 2019, on this thread if you want to watch the full interview that he did with Rex Murphy. It's pretty interesting.

Groundhog Day for Lapis lol.

Has anyone heard from him lately? He must have been laid pretty low. Hopefully he realizes after this that psych drugs are just not worth the trouble.

I haven't really checked lately. Last time I looked at his Twitter account, there seemed to be lots of activity, but that didn't necessarily mean that he, himself, was managing the account. Someone else could have been putting things up there. As far as his well-being goes, I haven't seen anything. I hope that if anyone does see something, they might add it to this thread.

I haven't really checked lately. Last time I looked at his Twitter account, there seemed to be lots of activity, but that didn't necessarily mean that he, himself, was managing the account. Someone else could have been putting things up there. As far as his well-being goes, I haven't seen anything. I hope that if anyone does see something, they might add it to this thread.

It also doesn't mean that it isn't JP himself posting despite the fact that he is not well. I could have posted lots of stuff on twitter when I was in acute. I would be more inclined to draw conclusions about his condition if I saw him on camera and we knew for sure it was recent. A TV interview would be intense for anyone who is in the thick of it.

It also doesn't mean that it isn't JP himself posting despite the fact that he is not well. I could have posted lots of stuff on twitter when I was in acute. I would be more inclined to draw conclusions about his condition if I saw him on camera and we knew for sure it was recent. A TV interview would be intense for anyone who is in the thick of it.

My experience was similar. I could have posted online in acute as well. However, it would have been six months before I even had a handful of days where I could have done his job and now that I am at the one year mark I could handle it most days. But after reading some things I have read on here even with my rough go of it I still am thankful to seemingly be one of the luckier ones.

My experience was similar. I could have posted online in acute as well. However, it would have been six months before I even had a handful of days where I could have done his job and now that I am at the one year mark I could handle it most days. But after reading some things I have read on here even with my rough go of it I still am thankful to seemingly be one of the luckier ones.

When I was in acute, all I did was post on BB.

I am 9 years off and I still wouldn't be able to do JP's job. He is still a rising star. Travel. T.V. interviews. Writing books. A speaking tour. There is even a movie out about his life. I don't think I would have been able to do that for more than a few months before I got sick. Now? Forget it.

• 1 month later...
So, the news finally came out. I don’t know how to post the links on my phone but if you look up Jordan Peterson the info is widely available. It is now public record that he went into tolerance and is suffering from severe benzo withdrawal. Honestly, I knew this to be true but there is no question about it now. I hope he recovers.

• 5 months later...
I will have to watch the full video later, but wow, just wow.  I saw that he has covid and was floxxed.  OMG.  What a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update on Peterson

Thanks for sharing this video, Ajusta.

I watched this video today i feel so bad for him. He was just starting to feel better  :'(