Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

Gone from the scene. Not a peep from this guy in the peak of his career.

I don't know when this was filmed but it was very recently uploaded. Same with the video someone else posted a few days ago. I am assuming that he reinstated within a window that allows him to function and he is back to work. Maybe not 100% capacity??

Who knows.

I revisited this thread to see Jordan Peterson on the video but, apparently it is not a video by him? Anyway, I'm curious regarding the bolded text above: can you direct me to something (off BB site) that indicates there is a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement that affects functionality? Thanks & Best Wishes :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I don't know when this was filmed but it was very recently uploaded. Same with the video someone else posted a few days ago. I am assuming that he reinstated within a window that allows him to function and he is back to work. Maybe not 100% capacity??

Who knows.

I watched this video a couple of days ago and also wondered when it was filmed. There's really no way of knowing, it seems. It could have been done at any time. Unless we have solid information (preferably from him), we're just guessing about his well-being at the present time.

Who knows.

I revisited this thread to see Jordan Peterson on the video but, apparently it is not a video by him? Anyway, I'm curious regarding the bolded text above: can you direct me to something (off BB site) that indicates there is a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement that affects functionality? Thanks & Best Wishes :)

OK, i watched the video. It's a sad state of affairs when a podcast does not even state the date it was recorded. Some comments on this youtube link indicate it was likely pre-recorded before his c/t attempt from Klonopin but, who knows?

I'm still curious if there is scientific literature supporting the notion that there is a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement of a benzo that affects functionality. Anyone have a link to scientific literature that supports this notion?

Who knows.

OK, i watched the video. It's a sad state of affairs when a podcast does not even state the date it was recorded. Some comments on this youtube link indicate it was likely pre-recorded before his c/t attempt from Klonopin but, who knows?

I'm still curious if there is scientific literature supporting the notion that there is a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement of a benzo that affects functionality. Anyone have a link to scientific literature that supports this notion?

Fi, I highly doubt there's any such literature. There's very little on withdrawal. There's also very little on what happens in the body when people take benzodiazepines for very long periods of time. And there are just so many confounding factors involved in how individuals react to medications and to coming off them -- e.g. types of medication taken, doses, length of time taken, genetics, age, liver and kidney function, other health issues, concurrent medications, other drug use, smoking, alcohol use, hormonal influences, etc. You can't control for all of those factors and have outcomes that can apply to all people all the time.

This is something that is generally accepted in the benzo support community. I believe it is also mentioned in the Ashton manual.

This is something that is generally accepted in the benzo support community. I believe it is also mentioned in the Ashton manual.

Thank you for your effort & response to my question. I consider myself a member of the benzo support community but, I am not so easily convinced of this notion of a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement of a benzo that affects functionality.

I am however, convinced that regardless of the time period that has elapsed after a patient discontinued a benzo that a properly trained anesthesiologist can utilize benzodiazepines to provide the anxiolytic and amnesic properties that are deemed beneficial and sometimes necessary for surgical procedures.

For now, at least until I see verifiable and replicable proof, I will personally consider this notion of a "window of opportunity" between complete discontinuation and reinstatement of a benzo that affects functionality to be another benzo myth. 

Again, thank you FG & Lapis for your responses. 

FI,

You basically said that you are convinced by anecdotal evidence but you don’t believe anecdotal evidence?

Very confusing.

Why do you believe some things without documention and not others?

There is no evidence that versed(pre op benzo) can be administered safely to someone in bwd but yet you have chosen to believe it?

But you refuse to believe in reinstatement windows because there is only anecdotal evidence to support it.

I don’t care what you believe and am not trying to change your mind.

I am just pointing out that the logic that you have followed to come to your conclusions is self conflicting.

I don’t know if it’s a myth or whatever, but I know that when I went c/t twice, for 14 days and then 9 days, each time I reinstated my symptoms disappeared completely. Then after I was rapid tapered and off for four months and tried to do the same my symptoms (even on a higher dose), did not respond even remotely as well. That’s just me though.

If “windows of opportunity”  didn’t exist, wouldn’t that mean that most people, at any time in their withdrawal, could reinstate and return to their baseline?

It’s not a myth. This place baffles me. A community of people who come here looking for support because their doctors don’t believe them. Then they start telling others here that they don’t believe them without scientific documentation. Absolutely baffles me. Benzo withdrawal is an anecdote folks!

FI,

You basically said that you are convinced by anecdotal evidence but you don’t believe anecdotal evidence?

Very confusing.

Why do you believe some things without documention and not others?

There is no evidence that versed(pre op benzo) can be administered safely to someone in bwd but yet you have chosen to believe it?

But you refuse to believe in reinstatement windows because there is only anecdotal evidence to support it.

I don’t care what you believe and am not trying to change your mind.

I am just pointing out that the logic that you have followed to come to your conclusions is self conflicting.

That is not at all what I said. Not only have I been through several successful surgeries, I know a few anesthesiologists and surgeons who perform these procedures regularly. That is not anecdotal evidence, it is verifiable and replicable science. 

FI,

All of your information relies on personal testimonies. This is not science. This is the textbook definition of anecdotal evidence.

Can you provide a study backing up your claims?

And forgive me, but I have to doubt that you know doctors who knowingly and routinely performed surgeries on patients in acute benzo withdrawal and kept records and reported back to you about it.

FI,

All of your information relies on personal testimonies. This is not science. This is the textbook definition of anecdotal evidence.

Can you provide a study backing up your claims?

And forgive me, but I have to doubt that you know doctors who knowingly and routinely performed surgeries on patients in acute benzo withdrawal and kept records and reported back to you about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Yes I know the definition. Read it back to yourself until you understand it. Lol.

By the way, still waiting on that scientific literature to back up your own claims.

Oh, yeah you know some doctors so your own standards for everyone else don’t apply to yourself.

And now we have strayed very far from the original post.

If there are any updates on Jordan Peterson's well-being, I do hope people will share it here. I'm interested to know how he's doing.

Nothing that I can find except that he still has an event scheduled in London for 11/30. However, it does say “new date” on ticketmaster implying  that it was already rescheduled once.

It’s not a myth. This place baffles me. A community of people who come here looking for support because their doctors don’t believe them. Then they start telling others here that they don’t believe them without scientific documentation. Absolutely baffles me. Benzo withdrawal is an anecdote folks!

No doubt.

This board is littered with stories of people who have reinstated months or years later who only got partial relief, at best. I don't know exactly what Ashton said about it but I believe that she mentioned something about a 1-2 week window.

When I ran out of clonazepam one time I went into severe withdrawal 4 days later (although I didn't know what was going on at the time). Took another dose and I was fine. These days I can't even drink a single beer most of the time without it making me sick for a few days. I will never take another benzo again so I won't know for sure but I am assuming that at this point my body has been altered to the point where reinstatement wouldn't go well for me.

He's a psychology prof at U. of Toronto, so I checked "Rate My Professor" to see if there were any new ratings from his students. Nothing new since I last checked. The last one was Sept. 20/19. I wonder if he's currently teaching. Lots of positive reviews, by the way.

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=32245

He was traveling the world doing events and interviews after his rise to fame, I doubt that he actively teaches these days.

Not okay, Jack. Personal attacks/name-calling isn’t allowed here. I didn’t quote your post, would be best to edit it yourself.

Challis

Not okay, Jack. Personal attacks/name-calling isn’t allowed here. I didn’t quote your post, would be best to edit it yourself.

Challis

Thanks. I just deleted it. It’s not worth it even in an edited form. I guess it serves no real purpose.

Jordan seems considerably worse here:

Voice weak and crying. He really seems exhausted. The awful part is that it could be true he reinstated and it was only partially successful. The real hell could be waiting months or years down the line. I wonder if the doctors in New York were honest and mentioned the neurotoxicity? Pretty unlikely, I know. Not sure when this was filmed but likely after the rehab visit.