Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

JP has a new tweet -- well, a retweet, actually. Nothing about his personal health. Just a notification about his documentary.

Interesting. After Heath Ledger and Chris Cornell and who knows how many others, maybe this will get some traction.

You know, I am wondering about Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain's suicides as well. Does anyone know if anyone published autopsy blood results, etc?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

Are you guys sure their suicides were benzo related?

Heath Ledger's autopsy results were news and he had benzos in his system. As did Chris Cornell, whose wife Vicky has made the rounds to anyone who will listen about how she believes benzos & withdrawal caused Chris's suicide.

When Kate Spade died there were articles stating how she had been treated for depression and anxiety, but I don't remember seeing test results. But it just screams benzo induced to me.

Anthony's death was just so sudden, despite his issues with addiction and depression. I don't know, my benzo attenae are up on these deaths. Sadly.

Are you guys sure their suicides were benzo related?

It seems like all of these people were taking benzos. But, like so many people they were also poly drugged. It seems reasonable to conclude that, but hard to actually know for sure.

Anthony Bourdain was taking Valium, and I think took it on his trips to different countries, maybe for sleep issues: https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/anthony-bourdain/articles/tonys-13-things-i-wont-leave-home-without

I found this on Kate Spade: As per law enforcement sources, NYPD officers investigating the suicide of the 55-year-old designer came across several anxiety medications which were in fact prescribed to her.

Usually "anxiety medications" means benzos, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was on them.

Anthony Bourdain was taking Valium, and I think took it on his trips to different countries, maybe for sleep issues: https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/anthony-bourdain/articles/tonys-13-things-i-wont-leave-home-without

I found this on Kate Spade: As per law enforcement sources, NYPD officers investigating the suicide of the 55-year-old designer came across several anxiety medications which were in fact prescribed to her.

Usually "anxiety medications" means benzos, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was on them.

Oh wow, thank you for the links. Its right there, isn't it?  :'(

Yeah, knowing what we know about benzos there's the smoking gun, so to speak.

Makes me even more grateful to be alive and surviving this, as feeble and cognitively damaged as I am. At least I have hope I will get better.

ha! but as was pointed out, he did use them, though I expect he was surrounded by enough people that it would be hard to hide if he was in benzo withdrawal before he killed himself.

Though that is the thing about tox reports. No clean tox report is going to say that a suicide was caused by Benzos.

Yes, Tater tot! And we know WHY we're anxious or depressed, etc. Others do not. I wonder if Kate Spade realized why she was depressed and anxious and linked it to the pills. Also Anthony Bourdain. Maybe not, though...

Given the short half life of some benzos they may not show up on a post Morten toxicology assessment.

It does occur to me though that this profile, of a benzo driven suicide, would be complicated by other meds, and attempts to stave off whatever was stalking them. Most people on here who jumped were on something else too.

While I haven't seen any updates on Jordan Peterson's health, I did see this article in Canada's National Post newspaper:

"N.Y. venue cancels screening of Jordan Peterson movie that left staff ‘uncomfortable’"

https://nationalpost.com/news/new-york-venue-cancels-screening-of-new-jordan-peterson-movie-as-it-made-staff-uncomfortable 

It would be good to know what happened to him.

We all know what happened to him. The members here on this forum are probably the only one’s in the general public who knows what happened. He never went more than 3 days without tweeting ever. He hasn’t tweeted anything in weeks except for a retweet that was probably sent by someone else. His London show has been rescheduled for Nov 30th and we all know it will be postponed again with a new lame excuse as the days get closer. He doesn’t know what is going on yet. Days will turn into weeks and weeks will turn into months. The doctors will tell him how they gave never seem an allergic reaction cause problems this long. He’ll spend months getting every test done imaginable. We know how this ends. You heard it, he tried to cold turkey and had horrific physical withdrawal symptoms. Donany of us know anyone who had horrific physical withdrawal symptoms that did not develop protracted withdrawal. I don’t know of any. I don’t think we will be seeing much of him for a long time. I don’t even think he is aware of it.

Jack,

Donany of us know anyone who had horrific physical withdrawal symptoms that did not develop protracted withdrawal. I don’t know of any. I don’t think we will be seeing much of him for a long time. I don’t even think he is aware of it.<<

Um, what about those of us thrown into horrific withdrawal when another med was added in...... mirtazapine..... for some a steroid.. etc.

So after that acute even if you do get off slowly, you are saying even when off then protracted?

thx

I am not convinced that the speed at which you come off affects recovery. I did a super fast taper of about 6 weeks. It was after a cold turkey and a reinstatement. I am doing pretty good at 8 months off. Yet there are people who have been tapering for years and suffering the entire time. Then they jump and still experience acute withdrawal. So you can taper for years suffering the whole time and then beyond jumping. Or you can taper quickly(avoiding CT seizures) and suffer for the same amount of time but not having to deal with tapering. I am not advocating one or the other. It’s just the more I read what others are going through here the more I come to the realization that taperers are suffering just as much as CTs. Again, I am just giving my observations and opinions. I am not advocating one method over another. And I sure as heck am not advocating CT. CTs are just plain dangerous in my opinion. I’d rather see someone do a 30 day detox than a CT.

Now as far as introducing other meds. That isn’t really causing benzo withdrawal. Your central nervous system is fragile from the damage caused by benzos. Then you hit it with another neurotoxin and the roof comes off. Truth is antibiotics and steroids always damage your CNS. It’s just when you are healthy you don’t notice it. No one ever takes a course of Penicillin and then is a little irritable and nervous a week later and puts two and two together. But it happens all the time. When you hit an already damaged CNS with some progesterone or some amoxicillin it’s a whole different level of suffering.

Is there a sweet spot between CT and coming off safely. I think that’s what we’re all all looking for. There’s the toll this med and withdrawal has but also the psychological toll of being in the position were in and the constant worry of the unknown.

Well, it would be great to have research on this, but it would be extremely difficult (and possibly, unethical) to do. Individuals are different, so no two people would have the same history of medication use and genetics. Then, to determine which type of taper method might be best depends on a number of factors as well, not the least of which is whether the person can properly carry out the actions required.

Yes, Tater tot! And we know WHY we're anxious or depressed, etc. Others do not. I wonder if Kate Spade realized why she was depressed and anxious and linked it to the pills. Also Anthony Bourdain. Maybe not, though...

Agreed, Terry! There are so many people, myself included, that had no clue that benzodiazepines were responsible for all these unimaginable symptoms, while still on them and of course, during tolerance and withdrawal. I have no idea about the inner sanctum of these celebrities lives, but since we understand how generally uninformed most people are to benzos, I don't think its tough to conclude that Kate, Anthony, etc, didn't have people around them to truly help them. Most celebs just have employees around them, "yes" people, and dont get the true help they need.

Jordan Peterson's situation is more complex because of his field: surrounded by people who study the human mind and human behavior, etc, and he had to have some knowledge of pharmacology and its effects...and even he didn't know about this? He didn't have a doctor who knew about this?

Agreed, Terry! There are so many people, myself included, that had no clue that benzodiazepines were responsible for all these unimaginable symptoms, while still on them and of course, during tolerance and withdrawal. I have no idea about the inner sanctum of these celebrities lives, but since we understand how generally uninformed most people are to benzos, I don't think its tough to conclude that Kate, Anthony, etc, didn't have people around them to truly help them. Most celebs just have employees around them, "yes" people, and dont get the true help they need.

Jordan Peterson's situation is more complex because of his field: surrounded by people who study the human mind and human behavior, etc, and he had to have some knowledge of pharmacology and its effects...and even he didn't know about this? He didn't have a doctor who knew about this?

I didn't have a clue either. But the British did at least 32 years ago:

I think it's a cruel truth that the more that high profile people with financial resources experience this the more progress will be made.

There needs to be a lot of loud voices out there wtih resources who are indignant at their situation.

Ted Kennedy chaired a US senate investigation on Valium in 1979. Pharma gave testimony and it all went away. Just part of why this is unknown to medical professionals? Espy

While I haven't seen any updates on Jordan Peterson's health, I did see this article in Canada's National Post newspaper:

"N.Y. venue cancels screening of Jordan Peterson movie that left staff ‘uncomfortable’"

https://nationalpost.com/news/new-york-venue-cancels-screening-of-new-jordan-peterson-movie-as-it-made-staff-uncomfortable 

The irony here is that a culture where a documentary about someone like Jordan Peterson (whose rhetoric is primarily based on scientific observations, although based on public reaction you would think the guy is famous for killing babies or something) makes people "uncomfortable" enough that the Powers That Be feel the need to shut it down most certainly contributes to people being prescribed drugs such as benzos.

Even just ten years ago I never could have imagined society would come to this. Sadly, JP was one of the few people who was fighting against it.