Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

Thank you for understanding, Lapis!  :smitten:

If I've learned nothing else on BB, I've definitely learned that human communication -- especially in writing and on an open forum -- is rather...um....challenging!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

If I've learned nothing else on BB, I've definitely learned that human communication -- especially in writing and on an open forum -- is rather...um....challenging!

Wow, yes! I've had a number of misinterpretations on the forum. Trying to be diligent, but with a foggy brain, things can go sideways quite fast...

Yes!

And I must admit that I've been overzealous in writing lately because I'm so excited at what's happening with Lisa Ling and BIC and just with all the posts! There's hope in my heart, but I tend to jump in and post without thinking! :smitten:

Wow, yes! I've had a number of misinterpretations on the forum. Trying to be diligent, but with a foggy brain, things can go sideways quite fast...

Yeah, all of this is certainly true.

In the work I was doing before, I learned how important it is to pay attention to details. If things "go sideways" at work, it can be quite serious. Sooooo, I try not to do that. It takes a few more minutes, but it's worth it.

In the work I was doing before, I learned how important it is to pay attention to details. If things "go sideways" at work, it can be quite serious. Sooooo, I try not to do that. It takes a few more minutes, but it's worth it.

I can think of a lot of jobs where that is the case. Thankfully, this is just a forum, so not so bad if you have to go back and clean up your mess.

I can think of a lot of jobs where that is the case. Thankfully, this is just a forum, so not so bad if you have to go back and clean up your mess.

Agreed. It's just that sometimes, things can get rather heated here on BB because of misunderstandings and miscommunications. In writing, we don't have the benefit of eye contact, body language, tone of voice, etc., and those things make face-to-face communication so much better. In texts, people often use emojis to help others understand what they mean. I guess we do that a bit around here too with the limited emojis that are available. Still, I see how quickly things can get ugly, and I tend to just back out. I don't want to be in the fray.

Agreed. It's just that sometimes, things can get rather heated here on BB because of misunderstandings and miscommunications. In writing, we don't have the benefit of eye contact, body language, tone of voice, etc., and those things make face-to-face communication so much better. In texts, people often use emojis to help others understand what they mean. I guess we do that a bit around here too with the limited emojis that are available. Still, I see how quickly things can get ugly, and I tend to just back out. I don't want to be in the fray.

Yes. I've had a number of miscommunications with friends while texting. Interesting that an emoji can utterly change the meaning of a sentence. I try to avoid the fray also. Sometimes I'm drawn to it though. Well, I'm learning.

Well, I'd still love to know some facts. At this point, we have almost no information. We just have his daughter's recent Youtube video saying that her dad is fine. Unless something new has been shared by either Dr. JP himself or his daughter, there's nothing else.

Well, I'd still love to know some facts. At this point, we have almost no information. We just have his daughter's recent Youtube video saying that her dad is fine. Unless something new has been shared by either Dr. JP himself, there's nothing else.

And he's a pretty heavy user of Twitter. But his feed has been quiet since 9/24/19. That's unusual.

Well, I'd still love to know some facts. At this point, we have almost no information. We just have his daughter's recent Youtube video saying that her dad is fine. Unless something new has been shared by either Dr. JP himself, there's nothing else.

And he's a pretty heavy user of Twitter. But his feed has been quiet since 9/24/19. That's unusual.

I noticed that too. I've checked his Twitter account a few times, but it seems that there's been little activity. It would seem that he wants his privacy at this point.

JP has a new tweet -- well, a retweet, actually. Nothing about his personal health. Just a notification about his documentary.

JP has a new tweet -- well, a retweet, actually. Nothing about his personal health. Just a notification about his documentary.

Interesting. After Heath Ledger and Chris Cornell and who knows how many others, maybe this will get some traction.

I’ll tell you what, if JP is aware of the benzo issue, and there’s some evidence he is since he leaked the Lisa Ling piece, and he doesn’t come forward truthfully, then I’ll see him in a much different light. But, he might only see it as a med that really threw him off for a bit and might not grasp the issue fully. Who knows? I can only hope he educates himself on the issue and speaks out. This “allergic reaction” business is pretty disappointing.

I’ll tell you what, if JP is aware of the benzo issue, and there’s some evidence he is since he leaked the Lisa Ling piece, and he doesn’t come forward truthfully, then I’ll see him in a much different light. But, he might only see it as a med that really threw him off for a bit and might not grasp the issue fully. Who knows? I can only hope he educates himself on the issue and speaks out. This “allergic reaction” business is pretty disappointing.

It's pretty hard to say without a lot more information. Considering how much he and his daughter are in the spotlight regarding health issues, I would certainly hope he does what you say.

[45...]
He may well be being told he's had an "allergic reaction" to it. My Dr told me in the beginning that i had an over sensitive system that had reacted badly because none of her other patients had gone into wd like me. If the Dr's don't believe in bwd and say you are "unique " in your reaction then they will jump on classifying it as an allergic reaction.

He may well be being told he's had an "allergic reaction" to it. My Dr told me in the beginning that i had an over sensitive system that had reacted badly because none of her other patients had gone into wd like me. If the Dr's don't believe in bwd and say you are "unique " in your reaction then they will jump on classifying it as an allergic reaction.

According to the published stories from his daughter and from his friend, Joe Rogan, his "reaction" occurred after he stopped taking Clonazepam i.e. during withdrawal.

[45...]
I meant that i was told i was super sensitive etc at the beginning of wd, after i was CTd,  not at the beginning of taking the poison, sorry, i didn't make myself clear.

I'm siding with southern star on this one. His doctors could have told him that he had an allergic reaction, and he believed them, unfortunately. Doctors tell patients all kinds of things to save their own backsides.

I'm siding with southern star on this one. His doctors could have told him that he had an allergic reaction, and he believed them, unfortunately. Doctors tell patients all kinds of things to save their own backsides.

Pretty tough to say without being there. And who knows, maybe his doctor believes he had an allergic reaction. That's the problem with uninformed doctors!

I think if he were fine, he would be on youtube right now. He would be on television right now. Even if he only believed he were fine. Even if they told him he was allergic to Klonopin and moved him over to valium and he was convinced he'd have an easy ride down.

Any famous person who checked themselves into a hospital for drug withdrawal, but then found out that it was just an allergic reaction, would be doing everything they could do make sure people saw that they were fine. Especially one who based their whole credibility on being self-sufficient and who had spoken about the efficacy and safety of psych drugs.

I think this man is hurting somewhere and I don't think anyone around him knows what in the hell to do about it right now.

If not, then he is playing the extreme good fortune of healing quickly, or having reinstated and gotten major symptom relief, or been moved over to valium and gotten major symptom relief, really really badly. And he does not seem like a non-savvy guy when it comes to the media.

Pretty tough to say without being there. And who knows, maybe his doctor believes he had an allergic reaction. That's the problem with uninformed doctors!

It might be added that there is a problem with uninformed patients too.

It might be added that there is a problem with uninformed patients too.

True, true. Inform the doctors then they won't prescribe like they do, then it won't matter so much if the patient is informed or not. But yes, If I had only known then what I know now.

[45...]
If only..... my constant refrain, i was told i was unique and over sensitive and no-one had reacted like me. I didn't know about BB until much later, when i showed the posts on here to my doc she said it was all anecdotal and exaggerated by people whose underlying anxiety had returned. This level of global  denial is unbelievable to me.Not to mention the sheer arrogance. I was 5 days out from her CT, no was 260/100, heart rate 190, i was hysterical with fear, burning pain all over, severe inner vibrations,  y'all know the deal,  she personally opened the door for me to leave and said "If it is withdrawal it will end soon, you just have to tough it out ". I guess I'm still toughing it out 2 years and life /health in ruins later. If only.......