• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

I'm lost! Are we still talking about Jordan Peterson in rehab? Any news on that at all?

https://sputniknews.com/viral/201909251076885706-joe-rogan-reflects-on-painkiller-use-as-jordan-peterson-checks-into-rehab-over-tough-drug/

Speaking on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast over the weekend, stand-up comedian Mark Normand said of Peterson: “He’s one of these guys that you’re like ‘He’s tough as a bull, it’ll be fine,’ but then, you know, everybody’s human.”

Rogan replied that although he had never experienced opiate withdrawal, Peterson was “wise enough to understand his physical limitations.”

“It might actually be a smart thing to check yourself into a rehab with people that know how to deal with it and help you through it,” he added.

Thanks for that, Fi. I'll have a look.

Just wondering if JP’s rehab facility is a higher end place that does a better job at getting people off benzos than other places. Maybe this place knows that benzos can mess you up.

Are there actual known inpatient facilities that do slow tapers? I know the cost would be astronomical, but it would be at least interesting to know if even one existed.

A benzobuddy I used to speak with went to a rehab in California.  They used adjunct meds to get her off the benzo and she said she was fine and hardly suffered.  She had no interest in getting off the other drugs she was put on in lieu of benzo's.  I hope this is not what happens to Jordan because then he will not be able to speak for those of us who fought the good fight to get free of drugs.  This may sound selfish, I admit to having an interest in being validated by the main stream, finally.

Are there actual known inpatient facilities that do slow tapers? I know the cost would be astronomical, but it would be at least interesting to know if even one existed.

Hey QQ,

JP likely has lots of money and chose this option. He could have chosen a number of options here at home in Canada, but for some reason, he went south of the border. I don't think money is a limiting factor for him.

A benzobuddy I used to speak with went to a rehab in California.  They used adjunct meds to get her off the benzo and she said she was fine and hardly suffered.  She had no interest in getting off the other drugs she was put on in lieu of benzo's.  I hope this is not what happens to Jordan because then he will not be able to speak for those of us who fought the good fight to get free of drugs.  This may sound selfish, I admit to having an interest in being validated by the main stream, finally.

well if that's selfish then add me to the selfish pot. i want validation publically in the media too!

Actually I think that is better to be at home in that condition.

If you are going for rapid detox or cold turkey than I would suggest hospital.

If it is long tapper then the best place for me is home.

Actually I think that is better to be at home in that condition.

If you are going for rapid detox or cold turkey than I would suggest hospital.

If it is long tapper then the best place for me is home.

I think you are right.

I guess I mean a place that is known for doing this, that specialized in benzo withdrawal, that is run by competent staff, that provide counseling that isn't addiction based, that have some knowledge of the benefits and dangers of suppliments/adjunctive medicines. A place that can keep you safe without harming you like all the rehab centers do. Does that place exist? Surely this community would know if it did. Even if it was super expensive it would be at least interesting to know that it was there. They might also have the beginning of data collection, a la Ashton.

I'm think the answer is, sure, if you're wealthy and famous you can go to many hospitals and dictate the terms.

I guess I mean a place that is known for doing this, that specialized in benzo withdrawal, that is run by competent staff, that provide counseling that isn't addiction based, that have some knowledge of the benefits and dangers of suppliments/adjunctive medicines. A place that can keep you safe without harming you like all the rehab centers do. Does that place exist? Surely this community would know if it did. Even if it was super expensive it would be at least interesting to know that it was there. They might also have the beginning of data collection, a la Ashton.

I'm think the answer is, sure, if you're wealthy and famous you can go to many hospitals and dictate the terms.

You are making sense also. Both “ideas” are good, but not everyone is wealthy and even they were, the doctors at a hospital may do this in their own way. I’m not at all familiar with this Jordan Peterson. Never even heard of him actually until now.

I don’t know if he’s even familiar with benzos as far as doing a slow taper. And also. he may be one of these people who can get off quickly anyway.

If there were a facility that is staffed and knew all about benzo tapering, I think it would take a lot of money to pay the staff, keep the place maintained, clean, licensed, buy food. You name it.

It seems that most of us have to learn about benzos on the internet like here on BB. And then there’s  learning about tapering, the w/d  sx. It’s a big learning curve for many.

I just can’t imagine being in a real hospital setting and doing this. I’ve spent time in the university hospital here for a rare disorder and had 14 surgeries.

Do they even have benzo type hospitals? I just don’t know, but I doubt it. Detox floors in a hospital-yes. Detox hospitals-yes. Benzo type hospitals??

I was telling my new psychiatrist (young guy) about how I was thinking to reduce K. I brought up to him some of the methods discussed on this forum DLMT and dry cut micro tapering and he was very interested. He’s totally against prescribing Benzos but also believes that to get off of them safely may take a year or years. He also said that they have started to adopt this same slow tapering method with antidepressants as well. As far as specialty hospitals that allow and support a long taper, I think someone mentioned something about a place in China that allows a one year taper costing something like $100000. I don’t trust my benzo brain recollection but someone here on BB mentioned something like that.

I was telling my new psychiatrist (young guy) about how I was thinking to reduce K. I brought up to him some of the methods discussed on this forum DLMT and dry cut micro tapering and he was very interested. He’s totally against prescribing Benzos but also believes that to get off of them safely may take a year or years. He also said that they have started to adopt this same slow tapering method with antidepressants as well. As far as specialty hospitals that allow and support a long taper, I think someone mentioned something about a place in China that allows a one year taper costing something like $100000. I don’t trust my benzo brain recollection but someone here on BB mentioned something like that.

Greek, your new psychiatrist is great news. I hope more start seeing things the way he does.

There is one big thing that nobody is mentioning.

There are a lot addiction centers in the world.

But as I have said the best place for doing the taper is home.

I dont know what will I doo in hospital all that time.

In others addictions people crawe for substance, here we hate benzos and dont crawe for them.

We only have problems with them that are best manageble at home.

Let me write a bit more.

I have found a clinic near me that deals with addiction and it can take you off benzos

The treatment lasts 3 weeks, it is like 6000 euros.

They give you some medicines so you can do lets say rapid detox in better condition.

I have never found any benzo clinic that does taper  because I dont see any purpose of it.

In others addictions people crawe for substance, here we hate benzos and dont crawe for them.

And this part of his experience may be instrumental in his unfortunate "awakening".

Let me write something even more.

At first I did not know what is happening to me.

I thought I was going crazy,

I called my father ( I am almost 40 ) to drive me to hospital.

There I told them I had panic attack or something like that.

They gave me 5 mg of valium asked me if I am suicidal or halucinating and told me to go home and relaxe. I told them all about meds.

Next morning I was even more crazier and again call my father to go to mental institution.

They asked me same questions if I am suicidal and normal.

They also asked me if I wanted to stay in hospital, I was not sure and asked what is the advantage of staying in hospital.

The doctor told me that if can manage my symptoms at home and go to psychiatrist it is the better.

I went to shrink she wants to do some rapid detox at home.

I was on 75 mg of oxazepam and she wants to take off 15 mg every 4 days.

Now I am on 70mg or something like that

Let me write a bit more.

I have found a clinic near me that deals with addiction and it can take you off benzos

The treatment lasts 3 weeks, it is like 6000 euros.

They give you some medicines so you can do lets say rapid detox in better condition.

I have never found any benzo clinic that does taper  because I dont see any purpose of it.

So Darth, that clinic near you sounds like a typical detox center.

There really is no supposed “benzo clinic” that I know of that is better than having a good doctor that prescribes you the benzo and you do a slow taper at home.

“Better condition” as you point out is just putting you to sleep while you get past the seizure threshold, and the next day, you’re awake and probably still sedated, and expected to participate in some group setting while you’re barely about to function.

I really don’t know what the statistics are on this, but some people do come off without any problems.

I don’t think I’m one of them.

And this part of his experience may be instrumental in his unfortunate "awakening".

Absolutely FG.  :thumbsup:

The problem with home being the best option, as well all know, is that not everyone can care for themselves, or protect themselves from themselves, or even measure out the correct dosage, or make sure the clothes get washed or the million other things that makes life tolerable. So home is the best option for a lot of people, but for a lot of other people they need real help.

Absolutely FG.  :thumbsup:

Yes I agree wirh you typical detox center.

They are mainly for heroin addicts,

They give you some vitamines, things like that and I think that you are a sleeping while detox or some time

One more thing you also stay in touch with them for psychotherapy as long as you want.

You can do that with every shrink

The problem with home being the best option, as well all know, is that not everyone can care for themselves, or protect themselves from themselves, or even measure out the correct dosage, or make sure the clothes get washed or the million other things that makes life tolerable. So home is the best option for a lot of people, but for a lot of other people they need real help.

I still live with my mother. It is normal to live with parents in my country at any age if you are not married.

We also have a big flat.

I am currently lets say bedbound, cant leave the apartment.

I am listening to music 50 percent of the time.

Let me write something even more.

At first I did not know what is happening to me.

I thought I was going crazy,

I called my father ( I am almost 40 ) to drive me to hospital.

There I told them I had panic attack or something like that.

They gave me 5 mg of valium asked me if I am suicidal or halucinating and told me to go home and relaxe. I told them all about meds.

Next morning I was even more crazier and again call my father to go to mental institution.

They asked me same questions if I am suicidal and normal.

They also asked me if I wanted to stay in hospital, I was not sure and asked what is the advantage of staying in hospital.

The doctor told me that if can manage my symptoms at home and go to psychiatrist it is the better.

I went to shrink she wants to do some rapid detox at home.

I was on 75 mg of oxazepam and she wants to take off 15 mg every 4 days.

Now I am on 70mg or something like that

Well, I’m a little confused here, Darth. So you were on oxapam, having difficulty and your father took you to the hospital 2 days in a row.

And it sounds like the hospital gave you good advice to just go home and let a psychiatrist help you taper off the oxapam slowly.

But the psychiatrist wanted you to do a quick detox?

If that is the case, you must have tried a new psychiatrist than the one who you originally had.

Either that, or you needed more help than you we’re getting and you found BB to help you taper properly.

The hospitals thought that I had anxiety problems and that I dont need to stay there.

I called a shrink ( a family friend lets say)

She told me that I am in tolerance withdrawal.

She gave me seroxat and now I am on 20mg and seroquel 25 mg. She also told me to go on 60 mg of oxazepam.

I have tried but I was like crazy.

She also told me that she was dealing sucesfully with people that were on 500 mg of oxazepam

I never considered problems with benzos before.

I was on 150 mg last summer and came to 75 mg with almost no issue