Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Clonazepam

[dr...]

The problem with home being the best option, as well all know, is that not everyone can care for themselves, or protect themselves from themselves, or even measure out the correct dosage, or make sure the clothes get washed or the million other things that makes life tolerable. So home is the best option for a lot of people, but for a lot of other people they need real help.

QQ, I think that Darth just addressed that last problem you mentioned perfectly.

He still lives with his mother who helps him while he tapers.

Darth, I hope things get better for you as you taper. These benzos are problematic medications.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [Fi...]

• [Ja...]

The hospitals thought that I had anxiety problems and that I dont need to stay there.

I called a shrink ( a family friend lets say)

She told me that I am in tolerance withdrawal.

She gave me seroxat and now I am on 20mg and seroquel 25 mg. She also told me to go on 60 mg of oxazepam.

I have tried but I was like crazy.

She also told me that she was dealing sucesfully with people that were on 500 mg of oxazepam

I never considered problems with benzos before.

I was on 150 mg last summer and came to 75 mg with almost no issue

Darth,

Sounds like either the Paxil (seroxat) or the seroquel or both are the problem. And I’m not sure where you are with the oxapam. If is 60 mg, then it sounds like this psychiatrist tapered you too fast going from the 75 mg to 60 mg.

Overall, I think you were  doing well with the oxapam until this psychiatrist intervened. Maybe a different one would be a good idea.

I do not believe in adding anything else to a benzo taper, and I don’t believe in fast tapers if you can tolerate them. That is my opinion.

I had a problem before shrink.

She added paxil and I am better, now I am tappering on my own.

I tried seroquel but I was sedated like zombie.

I know what is withdrawal from my alcohol problem at this has some similarities.

I was only two times at the shrink.

First time I was so destroyed that I mailed dr Ashton to help me.

I had a few day mail conversation with her son.

I will see in Monday when I have a third meeting with her what to do next. Stay with her or try something else.

I had a problem before shrink.

She added paxil and I am better, now I am tappering on my own.

I tried seroquel but I was sedated like zombie.

I know what is withdrawal from my alcohol problem at this has some similarities.

I was only two times at the shrink.

First time I was so destroyed that I mailed dr Ashton to help me.

I had a few day mail conversation with her son.

I will see in Monday when I have a third meeting with her what to do next. Stay with her or try something else.

That sounds good Darth. Talk this all over with your psychiatrist.

We know many people don't have the reactions we have. I read he was on for 6 weeks. One would imagine a low dose. If everyone who took it that long didn't recover a third of the country would be buying graduated cylinders. Or he could be having a window. Or God saved him in His greatest act of perversity since that whole Isaac business.

Or maybe the meat diet worked! And all of you mocked! It was the meat!

Perhaps daughter Mikhaila should have waited a few days to see what was up before talking about her dad in rehab. That "JP is in rehab for clonazepam" headline will be online forever.

She said something like: Daddy is fine. He was having an allergic reaction to a medication. They removed the medication and now he is OK.

IMHO, I question that explanation. Who, besides a devoted cult follower would believe that?

I watched his daughter on youtube. She stated they were putting him on a shorter acting benzo to help withdraw him. Funny how I was told over and over to do just the opposite. Hmm...not sure that'ss the right way to go. The medical and detox community are really clueless about these drugs. Seems they think 28 days and get the drug out of a person system fixes this. If it did, this message board would not exist. Wait till he finds out that getting the drug out of your system with a rapid taper can cause more damage and then the real horror is just beginning. Unless he has logged into a message board like this he really has no idea what he is in for. Maybe he'll be one of the lucky one, but from all my reading and on these boards, if it starts out bad trying to stop it only gets worse. If the rehab f-cks this up with him, which there is  very good chance that could happen considering this is benzos not alcohol or opioids, a lot of attention will come down on this problem.

I think it’s a lie. I came to this conclusion based on her delivery. It is inconsistent with the TMI way she normally speaks. She tells you he was on klonopin, tells you where every bone and joint replacement in her body is. She told us in detail exactly what happened to her mother including what was leaking and into where. . And now he had a mysterious reaction to a “medication” that she didn’t mention the name of. That is why I think she is lying.

One minute you're illegally leaking the first real televised expose on benzo damage, the next you've just had a bad reaction and are fine. Just your average surviver story.

Maybe you leave the hospital but it takes you a while to slow taper off your allergic reaction.

I had a lot of sympathy for this family, but they clearly don't understand how important this shit is and how they are jerking around with people's understanding of how damaging these drugs can be.

I will say this again, it pisses me off that no high profile person who has been through this has ever made any real effort to educate the public in any sustained way. Stupid EMINEM wrote like three albums on the theme of addiction and recovery (and relapse) and you'd need a decoder ring and a special Ashton edition of the urban diction to understand what drugs he's talking about.

I read about this stuff all the time. People's spouses die from benzo "overdose." Next thing they're cutting a comedy album. People whose entire careers are based on telling the 'truth,' and being confessional about their pain.

It is unfathomable to me.

I think it’s a lie. I came to this conclusion based on her delivery. It is inconsistent with the TMI way she normally speaks. She tells you he was on klonopin, tells you where every bone and joint replacement in her body is. She told us in detail exactly what happened to her mother including what was leaking and into where. . And now he had a mysterious reaction to a “medication” that she didn’t mention the name of. That is why I think she is lying.

Very intuitive of you Jack, you are absolutely right.

The only other thing I can think of (if she’s actually telling the truth), is that they put him on another Benzo to stabilize him and that’s why he is feeling better. She has mentioned that she was on lorazepam in the past and had no problems coming off. She might just think that Clonazepam is not like Lorazepam. I just don’t see how they could stabilize him without adding another Benzo.

I didn’t think of that. By the level of benzo ignorance she displayed in her last video I could definitely see them putting him on Ativan and thinking Oh great he’s off the Klonopin. Lol. I guess we will see.

I didn’t think of that. By the level of benzo ignorance she displayed in her last video I could definitely see them putting him on Ativan and thinking Oh great he’s off the Klonopin. Lol. I guess we will see.

Or, maybe JP will become a 'closet benzo dependent' like so many others? 

One minute you're illegally leaking the first real televised expose on benzo damage, the next you've just had a bad reaction and are fine. Just your average surviver story.

Maybe you leave the hospital but it takes you a while to slow taper off your allergic reaction.

I had a lot of sympathy for this family, but they clearly don't understand how important this shit is and how they are jerking around with people's understanding of how damaging these drugs can be.

I will say this again, it pisses me off that no high profile person who has been through this has ever made any real effort to educate the public in any sustained way. Stupid EMINEM wrote like three albums on the theme of addiction and recovery (and relapse) and you'd need a decoder ring and a special Ashton edition of the urban diction to understand what drugs he's talking about.

I read about this stuff all the time. People's spouses die from benzo "overdose." Next thing they're cutting a comedy album. People whose entire careers are based on telling the 'truth,' and being confessional about their pain.

Lots of laughs now on this thread but especially this post, you're really cracking me up here, QQ, you're a very talented comedy writer, you know.  :thumbsup::laugh:

"Maybe you leave the hospital but it takes you a while to slow taper off your allergic reaction."

laughing-smiley-gif-3.jpgOMFG, nearly spat at the computer screen reading that!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking very forward to his daughter's next update ... Geez Louise.

I’m still laughing about decoder rings and the Ashton edition of the urban diction. This is just hilarious!

You’ve got this right. Dopey and myopic. Thanks for the funnies!

I have to agree. It looks like they’re pulling back on the transparency. What a shame. Let’s hope Lisa Ling’s piece gets a lot of attention.

I hate to jump into the speculation game but I thought about this and my guess is that JP saw the Lisa Ling piece and maybe did some more research and realized that he could very well be in for months or years of painful, debilitating issues so he reinstated.

He is at the peak of his career and he is making tons and tons of money. Millions of dollars are at stake. This is the absolute worst time for someone to be dealing with something like this.

Maybe he is planning to taper now or at a later date. Maybe he's playing it by ear. All I know is that if he did get educated about the full extent of the damages these drugs can do he probably realizes that he made a HUGE mistake cold turkeying and going into rehab and now he is doing damage control.