Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

OK folks,

While it appears that this thread is back on track, whatever that track is, we are seeing some very nasty remarks on the previous pages.  Not only is this against forum rules and guidelines, it's also contrary to the mission of this forum.  Personal attacks of any kind will simply not be permitted. 

This is not a thread that we have time and staff to monitor, we must put our time and energy into answering questions and addressing concerns of those who really need help.

I don't know what started these arguments but I'm really hoping they have been put to rest. Additionally,  there have been complaints about moderation, or lack thereof.  We've not received any reports that would point us towards posts that may need moderation.

We will keep watch on this thread now to make certain that it stays on topic.

pianogirl

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Near as I can tell, someone else, who shall remain nameless, has been posting ugly things on her thread about some folks...and it was done first.  Near as I can tell this someone also came crashing into my space making ugly remarks.  Near as I can tell, it's against the forum rules for this someone, to solicit people's phone numbers...especially when they are in severe acute and this nameless person is a three year veteran of BB.  It is a fact this person has solicited several phone numbers.

Not understanding this one bit.

Near as I can tell, someone else, who shall remain nameless, has been posting ugly things on her thread about some folks...and it was done first.  Near as I can tell this someone also came crashing into my space making ugly remarks.  Near as I can tell, it's against the forum rules for this someone, to solicit people's phone numbers...especially when they are in severe acute and this nameless person is a three year veteran of BB.  It is a fact this person has solicited several phone numbers.

Not understanding this one bit.

This is not the appropriate manner to discuss this. The proper method of dealing with issues that might need team intervention is to send in a report. We haven't received any.  Let's not talk about 'nameless' people on the open forum, it's not fair nor is it within forum guidelines.

pianogirl

I did make a compliant once and it was ignored.

I'm sorry if you didn't receive a reply, sometimes we are very shorthanded around here. If you will resubmit it I will take a look at what the situation is, share it with the team and make a decision in terms of moderation.

pianogirl

Thank you pianogirl.  Perhaps I did it wrong.  I'm not in the habit of making complaints, just trying to get through another day here.

Will double check how to do it. 

Thank you pianogirl.  Perhaps I did it wrong.  I'm not in the habit of making complaints, just trying to get through another day here.

Will double check how to do it.

If you look to the right lower side of the post, it will say 'report this post'.  Add your reason for reporting said post and submit it.

I don't like to interfere. But what has happened made me so sad. Where is Mon pilote? We are many who love, and appreciate her.

I've also read posts that I don't like. And I've got shit from others. And of course I got annoyed, and angry. But it's pretty pointless. We all feel bad, and personal attacks only make things worse.

This is not something I intend to discuss anymore, I feel too bad. But I'm worried about Mon pilote, and I miss her.

Translator - Your post has been reported to admin. 

This is a situation about which you do not know the entire back story, but which I will be explaining to admin. privately

Translator - Your post has been reported to admin. 

This is a situation about which you do not know the entire back story, but which I will be explaining to admin. privately

Why privately? People have the right to know what it is all about.

Estee,

No.  You do not have the “right” to know what this is all about.  What makes you think you are entitled to know about things that do not concern you?

Sofa

Welchie,

You are reporting posts as Pianogirl instructed you to do when you encounter confrontations on your blog that do not support you.  Please continue to involve the Admins.  They will assist you in making counterproductive posts (and people) disappear.

Sofa

Let's return to the topic of this thread.

Whatever needs to be done in terms of help from the moderation team will be done after careful consideration. It is not appropriate for us to discuss moderation issues on the open forum. We understand that people are generally not themselves during withdrawal. Often there are overreactions and hurt feelings.  We try to allow for this when we deal with problems that arise.

We have a very diverse and large membership.  It is likely that there will be personality conflicts and disagreements. It is also likely that you won't 'like' everyone on the forum. It's important for people to 'shop' for the threads and topics that are helpful to them and avoid those that don't.

Please leave moderation issues and decisions to the team. Move on to the topic of this thread.

pianogirl

I don't like to interfere. But what has happened made me so sad. Where is Mon pilote? We are many who love, and appreciate her.

I've also read posts that I don't like. And I've got shit from others. And of course I got annoyed, and angry. But it's pretty pointless. We all feel bad, and personal attacks only make things worse.

This is not something I intend to discuss anymore, I feel too bad. But I'm worried about Mon pilote, and I miss her.

Translator,

This is Welchie’s blog.  Blogs are places where people can find friendship and support.  How is this post you wrote supportive of Welchie?  How is Mon Pilote’s previous rant on Welchie’s blog in any way supportive of Welchie?

If you have a problem with how other members are “treated,” you may not know all the facts and may be making assumptions one-sidedly.  You are not “judge and jury” and certainly cannot discern the “truth” (if that even exists) based on partiality and bias.

If you have a problem with any post you read, I suggest you read more than just one or two posts and do your best to collect enough information to be as objective as you can.  Better yet, stay out of situations that do not directly involve you and report posts that disturb you to the Admins.  The Admins gather and share information with each other and they talk to each other about reported posts before making decisions on how to handle them.  You would be surprised how much time and care is involved running this forum properly.  Sometimes the Admins “get it wrong.”  They are only human.  But I believe in their consensus process and I wholeheartedly believe in their good intentions.

Report posts when you want to get things “back on track.”  Let the Admins do their job.  They are very good at it.

Sofa

PG,

We simultaneously posted again.  Ha.  Great minds, and all.  Thank you for trying to get this blog back on track.  You have a way with words that brings about the calm we are all looking for.

Thanks, PG.

Sofa

So Welchie, my friend.  How are you doing?  Did you jump off the meds yet? I know you were close.

Sometimes the initial days after jumping can be a bit rough.  Just know that this gets easier to bear with more time under your belt.  You are on your way to full recovery and you have the grace and courage to handle this.  It’s temporary.  There are changes happening that will bring you back into balance again and make you stronger than you were before.  You are being completely recycled and you’ve been given a second chance at life, healthier, more peaceful, more full of joy.

We are all here for you, Welchie.  Human contact is essential to life.  And we’re contacting you.  Arms outstretched.  We’ve got you, Welchie.

Sofa

Sofa: We are adults, and need no admonition from other members. It is the moderators who should do this. So I'm not interested in continuing discussions about this. And I make a brake, I'm too sensitive.

Thanks!  :)

Sofa: We are adults, and need no admonition from other members. It is the moderators who should do this. Sometimes I just want to make a break because I'm so sensitive. So I'm not interested in continuing discussions about this.

Yes, as I said, let the Admins handle confrontations and disturbances.  And yes, we all need a break from the forum sometimes. 

Sofa

Sofa: We are adults, and need no admonition from other members. It is the moderators who should do this. Sometimes I just want to make a break because I'm so sensitive. So I'm not interested in continuing discussions about this.

Yes, as I said, let the Admins handle confrontations and disturbances.  And yes, we all need a break from the forum sometimes. 

Sofa

Sofa and translator,

Enough, we have a team to deal with this, please cease all discussions related to moderation.

This is a thread for anyone to post on, it does not belong to a particular individual.  The topic, although vague IMO, is all that should be discussed here.  I don't want to lock this thread, it would serve no purpose to do this except upset people who want to continue their discussions.

pianogirl

Sofa: When I was a new member, it was a bit difficult to understand because English is not my native language. So I wrote in the wrong thread. Then I got a long and angry PM from you. And you scared me away, but a very nice moderator helped me come back. Now all the old feelings have come back, and I'm still as sensitive. So I'm making a break, maybe forever. Thanks!

So Welchie, my friend.  How are you doing?  Did you jump off the meds yet? I know you were close.

Sometimes the initial days after jumping can be a bit rough.  Just know that this gets easier to bear with more time under your belt.  You are on your way to full recovery and you have the grace and courage to handle this.  It’s temporary.  There are changes happening that will bring you back into balance again and make you stronger than you were before.  You are being completely recycled and you’ve been given a second chance at life, healthier, more peaceful, more full of joy.

We are all here for you, Welchie.  Human contact is essential to life.  And we’re contacting you.  Arms outstretched.  We’ve got you, Welchie.

Sofa

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love you Welchie!

Thanks sofa, for asking how I'm doing.  Thanks tater for the  :smitten:

I spent a couple of hours yesterday working on tree cleanup...lots of fresh air and sunshine and movement.  Did my head a lot of good.  However, later on when I was reading in my recliner I got a really nasty paper cut....ah, a tree's final revenge!!!

Sofa, I actually jumped last January.  Did a very stupid rapid taper and was a complete mess for a very long time.  Yeah, grace and courage.  The only way to go.  Still fragile, of course, but tons better.  What a nightmare that was.  Don't even have the words to describe how bad it was.  But I'm coming home.  Healing does happen.  And how's my favorite couch potato doing today???

How's things with you Tater?  I'm still hoping for that makeover!!!

Sofa

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love you Welchie!

same here Welchie.  :balloon:

we're pioneers in the great expanse that is our future, our venture "west", into the unknown territories of our lives without benzos..."circling the wagons" and looking after each other whenever danger creeps close.

we are vigilant confront our stuggles together. we all struggle with withdrawing from dangerous drugs, and with loss of family members, and friends. sometimes we struggle with the loss of parts of ourselves, but they get replaced with new updated versions of ourselves. it takes time to discover who our new selves are, and more time to settle in and be comfortable with our new selves. here we get to practice trying out our new communication skills, setting healthy boundaries and interacting with others with our new shaky limbs. after all,  that's what BB is for, to interact with others going thru the same sht and learn how to support each other in the process.

you're so brave! it is inspiring to see you (and others close to you) stretching those shaky limbs out, like... lifting up Final when she feels dumpy, or Final supporting you when you needed some encouragment to keep going thru the trudge/drudgery...or when Sofa came on and put her funky toes up on the stool and just matter of factly said "what?" lol and made us feel at ease by her presence at the table, and when Tater comes flying in with her crazy nuggets anouncing on the bullhorn that she made a good doodie...lol! (and so many more beautiful souls that are less vocal but who went out of their comfort zones and came here to show support for you)

you have shown me so much positive thinking and positive attitude, which ironically came after so much negative crap and suffering...but it was the only way. now you, and we, are stronger than before. it never  ceases to amaze me how you can radiate so much light, after so much darkness! but that's what we do here, we shine

out of the dark. so i guess we're also diamonds.  even if we are heathens.

lyrics to those 2 songs:

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond

Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky

You were caught on the crossfire of childhood...

Blown on the steel breeze

Come on you target for faraway laughter

Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon

Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light

Come on you raver, you seer of visions

Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: David Jon Gilmour / Rick Wright / Roger Waters

Shine On You Crazy Diamond lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc

ps

i got dibbs on Harley Quinn played by Margot Kidder if we get to pick roles from the Heathens video!

[f1...]