Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

I don't like to interfere. But what has happened made me so sad. Where is Mon pilote? We are many who love, and appreciate her.

I've also read posts that I don't like. And I've got shit from others. And of course I got annoyed, and angry. But it's pretty pointless. We all feel bad, and personal attacks only make things worse.

This is not something I intend to discuss anymore, I feel too bad. But I'm worried about Mon pilote, and I miss her.

Translator,

This is Welchie’s blog. Blogs are places where people can find friendship and support.  How is this post you wrote supportive of Welchie?  How is Mon Pilote’s previous rant on Welchie’s blog in any way supportive of Welchie?

If you have a problem with how other members are “treated,” you may not know all the facts and may be making assumptions one-sidedly.  You are not “judge and jury” and certainly cannot discern the “truth” (if that even exists) based on partiality and bias.

If you have a problem with any post you read, I suggest you read more than just one or two posts and do your best to collect enough information to be as objective as you can.  Better yet, stay out of situations that do not directly involve you and report posts that disturb you to the Admins.  The Admins gather and share information with each other and they talk to each other about reported posts before making decisions on how to handle them.  You would be surprised how much time and care is involved running this forum properly.  Sometimes the Admins “get it wrong.”  They are only human.  But I believe in their consensus process and I wholeheartedly believe in their good intentions.

Report posts when you want to get things “back on track.”  Let the Admins do their job.  They are very good at it.

Sofa

This thread is not a blog. It is located on the Off Topic Board so any member is welcome to post on it.

Translator has as much right to post here as anyone else.

We continue to receive reports about this thread.  Why hurt someone who is just as fragile as another. If someone leaves the forum because of the treatment they have received here,  we have all failed this person.

Sofa, I understand your concern about Welchie, however, it is not fair to use your strong voice to censure another person who needs the kind of support 'we all' should provide to members.

Translator, I hope you do not leave the forum.  I can't imagine how difficult it is to communicate in a language that is not your primary language.  Pardon the reference, but meanings and feelings can be lost in translation.

Welchie, if you would like a blog, I would suggest you start one on the Buddie Blogs Board.

While to some degree we would like threads to be self moderated by the participants, what is going on here is simply not acceptable.  We might have a small team here on the forum but they do a great job of taking care of the day to day running of BB, so I say once again,  leave moderating to the team. 

I really do not wish to lock this thread, it is not an action we take easily or often. This may inevitable based on the posts from the past several days.

pianogirl

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you nomore, for saying you believe I was supportive of you.  Yes, so much loss.  And pain.  But also many fine beginnings, which you shared with me.  Sail bravely into that sunrise, my friend.  May we all.

I could say the same about you...radiating so much light after so much darkness.  We are soul sisters in that respect.  A life time of abuse and we still shine.

Healing: a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter  ;)

Still trudging along with the tree.  Came in for some bone broth.  Argh!  My aches have aches.

Love you guys.  Hope you all get through another day of healing.

I wont pretend to know what the fuss is about. But I do know that Welchie has been a force for good on the forum. Her sense of humor alone has helped many people. Perhaps especially women. The title of this thread is a clue to the real reason it was started. That is a difficult subject and for many reasons, most of us ladies prefer to sort of talk amongst ourselves.

Having a good sense of humor is a wonderful thing, and I am amazed that Welchie still has one! She is one tough cookie.

This thread has given ME so much. I may be mostly healed but there will always be a part of me that very hurt going through benzo wd. Long standing hurts heal slowly and having a few laughs is very important for all of us.

Keep on going, Welchie. You have a lot of real friends here.

east

Welchie,

I love your sense of humor too.  Little phrases you say that are unique to you and make people giggle (love the visuals).

Keep going, my friend.  Surround yourself with positive people who adore you.  You have many admirers.  I read that in a fortune cookie.

Sofa

Welchie has been a tremendous blessing to me. Always positive and encouraging, caring and thoughtful.  I don't know what's going on but don't let it stop you from being the wonderful person you are Welchie and don't let whatever stop you from sharing the great Gifts you have to help others.  Please, fight the good fight and move forward doing what you are best at doing and don't let anyone stop you from being the great person you are in here and where ever you go.

Hugs.

Kimmie

I have to tell you this. You know I currently clean houses. Many of them have area rugs. Every time I vacuum just under those rugs I think of you, Welchie. The condo I cleaned today: he has psoriasis and the entire floor will be covered in tiny bits of dry skin, plus tiny bits of the "bones" his dog chews on. It is kind of gross, I have to be honest here. But I vacuum just under those beautiful Indian rugs and always think of Welchie. Under the Rug as many meanings, and I do know most of them. Most are nothing to do with "stuff" under the rug. DUH!

Welchie, no matter what happens here on BB, don't give up. You are needed here!!! There are so many women out there who have similar issues, ones we wont specify here. But they do exist. Childhood hurts and traumas, can and will come back to haunt one. Most of us know what I am referring to. Its amazing that stuff that happened when we were so innocent can come back to hurt us as adults. But this happens all the time.

Ladies, keep oh going. You are far stronger than you currently know.

east (Annie)

Welchie, DONT give up! Stay with us no matter what.

OMG!!!  I am totally freaking overwhelmed!!!

You guys...each and every one of you...I have ridden every single one of your waves with you...delighted in every single window...for ten months now, or however long you have been part of this thread.  All of you are in my heart forever.  I have never in my life known a group of women who are so strong, so brave, so loving and caring.  Who somehow find the energy to give so warmly to others, though you are all hurting yourselves.  Who can laugh a bit at themselves to help others remember they can still laugh despite the agony, to make this unbearable trip a little less painful and lonely and dark.  To distract ourselves a bit from our daily sx grind.

Thank you for the love fest!!!  Sort of like Woodstock, minus the tie dye t-shirts and jefferson airplane.  And the alcohol...and the pot...and...well...we still have our coconut oil!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

OMG, I'm seriously bawling my eyes out for real.  The good kind.  My heart is about to bust...open.

LOVE YOU MORE!!!!

Tater...LOVE the pic!!!  I gotta learn how to do that.  Damn.  I'll have to conscript my three year old great neice.  :)  She'll probably charge me $200 bucks an hour....

Oh my gosh!  I was just coming back to this thread to check on Welchie, the first person here who grabbed hold of me and helped me through the start of my taper.  She is a treasure to this community and her thread has been an open and free place for all.  Maybe a blog would be better to avoid this in the future.  Love you Welchie and thank you for everything!!

SAIGE!!!  Hugs hugs and more HUGS!!!!  Squeeze you to pieces!!!  I took a peek at your sig....damn straight girl!  You're getting the job DONE!  :thumbsup:  Going to have to keep my eyes peeled for your jump and the woot woot of it all.

Ah...the good old days....sweet Pete was there too.  It was the blind leading the blind but I did the best I knew how while in the throes of acute.  But you survived me anyway  :)  If you can survive me, you'll survive the benzos!!!

How the hell are ya!

nomore...very cool Woodstock video.  Yeah, a little help from my friends espy....a lot of help from my friends.  :smitten:  What would we do without each other.  How's month 4 (?) treating you espy?  Or are you in month 5 now?  You don't have to know how be crazy to hang out with me here espy...I can teach you.

Damn.  You guys are going to get me crying again...

Maybe a blog would be better to avoid this in the future.

i think Saige's (and whoever first suggested it) suggestion is good...  :thumbsup:

maybe a mod/admin would be willing to change this (move this thread) to being your blog instead of "Off Topic"? 

i dunno if that's even possible...

would hate to lose all these comments over 10 months? or longer this thread has been active

...but maybe they could?  if so, you wouldn't lose anything precious and we could continue on in a more appropriate setting (with it being your personal blog)

Challis? or anybody?

I am so totally crazy, already, Welchie. Third week of month four and it totally sucks. No windows. Never had one the whole way. Getting discouraged. Espy

Hang tough espy.  They'll start happening.  Months 1-4 were hell on wheels, one big wave.  Month four started to be a mixed bag with signs of healing here and there.  And cog fog...I don't mean to brag or anything...but during those months I could forget what I was doing while I was still doing it.  Early months were tough for sure.  It sucks.  Week after week waiting for that healing to kick in.  Exhausting and discouraging.

Daily routine month 1-4

Morning: Feel tired, cranky, lazy and crazy.  Panic

Mid Morning: Nap.  Panic

Afternoon: Feel tired, cranky, lazy and crazy. Panic

Night: Can't sleep. Panic

:)  About sums it up

As far as turning this into a blog, don't matter to me.  I've always been a triangular peg...neither round nor square hole a fit.  All that matters is you buds still hang around, being here for each other.... :smitten:

As far as turning this into a blog, don't matter to me.  I've always been a triangular peg...neither round nor square hole a fit.  All that matters is you buds still hang around, being here for each other.... :smitten:

8)

Welchie, I think starting your own Blog is a good idea. It is a bit "safer": and I know you know what I mean. But no matter, some subjects do have to stay "under the rug."

Every time I clean a home with area rugs, I, I think of you. The weirdest things get under area rugs. My pol cy is to vacuum just under the outer edges of area rugs. Then mop just under the edges of that rug. Under the rug has become one of my personal mottos, thanks to you!!

Bear just pooped, a huge stinker. In order not to be grossed out, I have to say goodnight. When Bear lets loose a stinker, one has to leave the room!

Annie, smiling

Tater...now don't go getting jealous over Mr. Bear's latest biscuit.

Still willing to trade your rocks for my morning mudslide....

[5e...]