Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Tater...now don't go getting jealous over Mr. Bear's latest biscuit.

Still willing to trade your rocks for my morning mudslide....

Oh my gosh, so funny. I’m totally jealous that Bear let loose a stinker. Annie having to evacuate the room is quite an accomplishment for Bear.

“still willing to trade your rocks for my morning mudslide”

I was confused when I first read that  :laugh: I was wondering whether there was a mudslide near your house. I’m pretty thick-headed! But I got it now.

I’m all clogged up, unfortunately and wishing for a mudslide.

I’ve been having a pretty good day, guys. Cog-fog has diminished the last two days. Still have some head pressure but feeling lots of improvement. Tomorrow Mario and I are taking both his parents out to celebrate their respective birthdays (both October birthdays). We will be trying a new Chinese restaurant. I will try to avoid MSG, but that might be hard, huh?

I remember going to Chinese with them when I was 3months into acute and I just sat at the table quiet just clutching onto the table for dear life, lost in benzo-dementia, not saying a word.

The difference I feel from then to now is simply phenomenal. Healing does occur!

Happy Friday night everyone. Hopefully someday soon we’ll be strapping on our dancing shoes.

I would trade mud butt for my chicken nugget rocks any day.  I long for the days of earthquake “evacuations.”

I’ve been wrapping birthday gifts the last two days and now have golden glitter nuggets from the wrapping paper.  How festive.

Sofa

Oh my gosh, so funny. I’m totally jealous that Bear let loose a stinker. Annie having to evacuate the room is quite an accomplishment for Bear.

I was confused when I first read that  :laugh: I was wondering whether there was a mudslide near your house. I’m pretty thick-headed! But I got it now.

I’ve been having a pretty good day, guys. Cog-fog has diminished the last two days. Still have some head pressure but feeling lots of improvement. Tomorrow Mario and I are taking both his parents out to celebrate their respective birthdays (both October birthdays). We will be trying a new Chinese restaurant. I will try to avoid MSG, but that might be hard, huh?

I remember going to Chinese with them when I was 3months into acute and I just sat at the table quiet just clutching onto the table for dear life, lost in benzo-dementia, not saying a word.

The difference I feel from then to now is simply phenomenal. Healing does occur!

Happy Friday night everyone. Hopefully someday soon we’ll be strapping on our dancing shoes.

This is so good to hear about how different you feel Tater.  I can never hear enough that healing does occur. 

This is so good to hear about how different you feel Tater.  I can never hear enough that healing does occur.

It really really does, Final! All those things we say to ourselves like “I must be different, no one was as drugged as me, I am worse than most” etc, are expressions of our deepest insecurities but they are not true in the end.

You are doing great and you will heal, too. There’s just no saying how long it will take. Stay strong my friend.

:smitten:

Yay for Tater seeing and feeling that magic healing!!!  It's nice, isn't it, when you start racking up the months and can look back and say...damn straight...getting better.  Never felt like it day to day for me.  Day to day still felt like the same qwap. 

....yes, even more satisfying when you can manage to evacuate an entire building!!!  Everyone...run for you life!!!  Good job Bear.

I wonder if they make a high-heeled slipper version of dancing shoes.

For sure Final...and espy...we all need that reminder that healing happens.  It DOES.  And not just for a lucky few.

SOFA!!!  I think you're onto something.  Not just Golden McNuggets, but Golden Glitter McNuggets.  We could market it to Mickey D's and all become millionaires.  They're food is pure qwap anyway....

Final....those micro cuts you're making are all adding up and healing is happening all through your taper.  Promised Land is waiting for you too.  :hug:

Yay for Tater seeing and feeling that magic healing!!!  It's nice, isn't it, when you start racking up the months and can look back and say...damn straight...getting better.  Never felt like it day to day for me.  Day to day still felt like the same qwap. 

....yes, even more satisfying when you can manage to evacuate an entire building!!!  Everyone...run for you life!!!  Good job Bear.

I wonder if they make a high-heeled slipper version of dancing shoes.

For sure Final...and espy...we all need that reminder that healing happens.  It DOES.  And not just for a lucky few.

SOFA!!!  I think you're onto something.  Not just Golden McNuggets, but Golden Glitter McNuggets.  We could market it to Mickey D's and all become millionaires.  They're food is pure qwap anyway....

Final....those micro cuts you're making are all adding up and healing is happening all through your taper.  Promised Land is waiting for you too.  :hug:

Thank you Welchie. 

ohgawd this thread is so rich!

i hope it don't get closed as was talked, it is so full of life and gives me life!

golden glitter mudslide nuggets to go!  ;D

you guys, best groupa "gals" i know.

A thread about poop is probably the least triggering thread on this forum. No worries about being shut down. Not here, shit is just part of our daily life. Espy

LOL! One of my first posts was about how I had pooped on my dining room floor. It just happened and I was mortified.I posted here and someone wrote back saying something like: "Didn't you know that GI stuff is normal? It sure is and you do have company in that occurring." I was SO grateful and relieved.

Annie and The Bear, my faithful companion

It really really does, Final! All those things we say to ourselves like “I must be different, no one was as drugged as me, I am worse than most” etc, are expressions of our deepest insecurities but they are not true in the end.

You are doing great and you will heal, too. There’s just no saying how long it will take. Stay strong my friend.

:smitten:

Thank you Tater. I feel my age so I hope it doesn't take forever. 

Well, evidently we need at least a pair of diapers....

Big hugs circle!  If you dare!

lol i wore the fancy Always adult "panties" aka adult diapers during the incontinent phase of my WD...i had both kinds unfortunately. :-[ but on the bright side, it disappeared once my dose of seroquel was lowered down far enough. i have had a couple of minor leakage incidents, nothing horrific like before. but i have a couple drawers left of Always "panties" to reind me of where i was, and where i could be again. it's sobering. i think it's good to be humbled tho.

i hope circlestar comes back

lol i wore the fancy Always adult "panties" aka adult diapers during the incontinent phase of my WD...i had both kinds unfortunately. :-[ but on the bright side, it disappeared once my dose of seroquel was lowered down far enough. i have had a couple of minor leakage incidents, nothing horrific like before. but i have a couple drawers left of Always "panties" to reind me of where i was, and where i could be again. it's sobering. i think it's good to be humbled tho.

Nothing like incontinence to keep you humbled! You have come a long way lady. Woo-hoo for you! And the good news is that those drawers full of Always pads will probably still be good (plastic/synthetic materials) doesn’t really degrade in forty years when you may need them!

Or if you need the drawer space I’m sure a women’s homeless shelter could really use them. I remember reading about they need donations of women’s hygiene products.

Just wanted to thank you NoMore for all your wonderful responses & posts to me along the way. It’s been hard to respond sometimes, but I read them and appreciate them so much!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Is your hair still short and orange like Milla Jovovich in the Fifth Element?

Having a tough couple of post cut days but wanted to say hi.

And while we're on the subject of pee, I have been up,  doing that,  at least 4 times a night since being on Klon.  Used to be a once a night gal but now, wow.  And it's not a sit and wait for something to happen kinda thing, it feels each time like I've been sitting in a car for hours waiting for a rest stop!

So I looked up the side effects of Clonzapamn and frequent urination is one of them.  Good to know.  I'm drinking lots of water during the day to make up for it. 

Nothing like incontinence to keep you humbled! You have come a long way lady. Woo-hoo for you! And the good news is that those drawers full of Always pads will probably still be good (plastic/synthetic materials) doesn’t really degrade in forty years when you may need them!

Or if you need the drawer space I’m sure a women’s homeless shelter could really use them. I remember reading about they need donations of women’s hygiene products.

Just wanted to thank you NoMore for all your wonderful responses & posts to me along the way. It’s been hard to respond sometimes, but I read them and appreciate them so much!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

sweet lil TaylorTot  :-* thank you so much...

makes me feel good

i can't "Always" respond either, lol, but i kinda feel yall and i hope yall can "feel" me here too.

i.m hanging onto those extra pantie diaper things cause of what you said, and also if anyone in my house is visiting or needs one i'll have them there (some in the drawers of the under sink cabinet in the guest bathroom) so no moatter who has the emergency, it's NO BIG DEAL and we got backups. plus they're too expensive not to ake use of somehow!

i used to carry one wrapped up in a size larger pair of cotton "grandma" panties so if i needed to change in public, i could pull one on and the bigger granny panties covered the edges so nobody was the wiser. i gave some to my Grandmother who's incontinent sometimes too, along with a really pretty pewter gray pair of panties with secure elastic at the legs n high waisted...my Hubbs is so kind, he saw the pair that i'd picked out at first which were nice but not the best color, and said, "no get her these, they look classy" (and handed me the shiny pewter colored pair and paid for them). my Grandmother was so touched that he did that, but my stupid narcmom took them from her and wouldn't allow her to carry the little "emergency kit" we made for her around in her stroller. grrr! sorry kinda went off the tracks there..

my Hubbs has the biggest deepest heart and soul of anyone i've ever met. he gave some guy 10 bucks for gas the other day at the gas station...i was being all judgey and suspicious because the guy who asked for money was very rich and drove a car cost more than our house, claimed he forgot his wallet etc...and when i asked Hubbs what he was doing he said he wasn't expecting to get paid back. that's how he is. boy did i feel ashamed for judging. humbled  again..yes it's good to be humbled in recovery. but rather not be humbled by public incontinence! :smitten:

circlestar, ou are loved. and included in the Welchie lovefest! it's like Woodstock but less nudity :)

You guys are too much!!!!  I love this group!

I Thought I Farted But I Shit by Jeremiah Perez

haha no...it was a crush thing Hubbs had on that character when that movie came out. but i could only rock the bozo look for so long,  :crazy: then i was like NOPE.  shaving it off. that was early this year...now it's my natural color growin out, just plain jane mousy brown, but it'll be a lot esier to go gray gracefully, now,  than when i was box bleaching and dying the crap out of it. easier to blend gray with mousy brown than with bright frikkin red. but i still love the character Myrtle Snow from Coven so i keep that avatar.

I Thought I Farted But I Shit by Jeremiah Perez

Nomo,

My family has a name for these:  SHARTS

haha no...it was a crush thing Hubbs had on that character when that movie came out. but i could only rock the bozo look for so long,  :crazy: then i was like NOPE.  shaving it off. that was early this year...now it's my natural color growin out, just plain jane mousy brown, but it'll be a lot esier to go gray gracefully, now,  than when i was box bleaching and dying the crap out of it. easier to blend gray with mousy brown than with bright frikkin red. but i still love the character Myrtle Snow from Coven so i keep that avatar.

I tried the “grow graceful grey” locks.  Ended up with steel wool pubes on my head.  Now I scrub dishes with my head pubes.

Sofa

[11...]