ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

well, I did a cut of 1.25 valium last night, felt good all day today until about an hour ago, slight headache, shaky, am putting the valium back, is it possible I have gone as far as I can  on the seraquel and should titrate the valium now? I am on my 3 rd day of titration. of serq. thank you. nitey nite.

Hi Lyn

Not sure I understood, did you say you reinstated your previous val dose? 1.25 isn't a small cut, but maybe you should just reinstate part of it, not all of it. Also, the s/e could be the seroquel, as I noticed a bit of insomnia kicked in on day 3 of my SQ cut.

I can't remember what dose valium you are on right now. I'll go check. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn,

IMO, you shouldn't cut more than a Total 1-2 mg of valium every month, if you can tolerate it..  Not at a time. You should try 1/2 to 1 mg cuts every 2 weeks!  OK?  This much (1.5) of a cut can be way too hard on your body.  It takes valium about 2 weeks to clear out of your system.  So if you are cutting 1/2 to 1 mg every two weeks it gives your body and brain a chance to heal the GABA receptors and play catch up.  Hold this cut if you can, but in the future, slow it down.  It is not a race, ok? 

Yes, since you are tapering multiple meds, go ahead and hold the seroquel for awhile.  I know you want to be off your meds, but easy does it!!  Sweet Dreams :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

XXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

I reinstated valium cut, no insomnia, I have leg cramps at night, well early in the morning... when do I cut the seraqueal again? I am holding the titrating right now, It was suggested I hold that for 2-4 weeks, Last night ws my third night. any thoughts on the leg cramps? thank you

If I cut valium at the same time as seraquel,I should only do 1 mg? oh kay... that means titrating the valium as well, since the dr. wont give me 2 mg pills.    I know its not a race, but it is depressing to think I have to do this for 62 months~(valium)??

Ceelyn,

Of course you don't have to do this over 62 months.  If you want to taper the valium faster you can try a larger cut next, but for  now, lets stick to a 1 mg cut.  Hold it for two weeks and see how you feel.  You are just begining your taper and I don't want you to get into withdrawal trouble right off the bat.  I just wanted to make sure that the first cut you did was not too hard on your body.  If you have few or mild withdrawal symptoms, your next cut can be larger.  You didn't have to reinstate the valium cut you made.  But since you did, in a few days try a one mg cut.  Wait for two weeks and lets see how you are doing then.  Yes, if you only have the larger pills, you are either going to have to do the titration thing or guess.  Do you have 5 mg pills or just the 10's? Tell me again what dose you are at on the seroquel?

XXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Hi bluemoth

am on 214mg serq: am titrating themorning dose, have not changed it yet started it on the17th.

morning: 89 ( titrating)

noon: 50

nite 75

valium:

morn 15

noon  10

nite 37.5, want to cut 1-2 mg of nite dose.

thank you so much for checking on me blue moth

almost Christmas, had an excellent day today.

love Lyn

Hi Lyn,

I am sooo happy you are feeling well.  You are in a great frame of mind to get started on your tapering.  Why don't you go ahead and cut one miligram or so from your nightly dose, wait a week and see how you feel.  If you can tolerate the cut, go ahead and do another miligram.  I'm glad to see that the seroquel titration is hopping along too!! I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself.  I know that you are going to be able to shake all this off, NO PROBLEM!  Since you are on so much valium, especially the evening dose, which I see you decided to cut first, I don't think a 1-2 mg cut will shake you up too much. If you feel like doing 2 for now, go ahhead, just remember, hold that for at least a week to see how you tolerate it, OK?

I wish for you the best and happiest Christmas Lyn. Have a wonderful night and a great tomorrow.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

dear blue moth or colin

tell me the honest truth... since seraquel made the panic attacks stop, should I be tapering valium?

also my husband doesnt want me to taper anymore. he usually helps me  titrate but I must do it ln my own. I am cutting 2.5 mg valium tonight.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas Lyn,

Honey, listen, you are on a BOATLOAD of valium.  I see no reason for you to be on that much. Valium does not prevent panic attacks. So, if that was the reason you were taking it, then start cutting.  If you want to be off, a sensible taper is the way to go. It does not have to be done all at once.  You don't have to taper both drugs at the same time.  I know nothing about seroquel, so your titrating off of that should be your decision alone, though personally I think you would be better off without that poison too. It is not for your doctor or your husband to say you should stay drugged up for the rest of your life. I am so proud of you for making your benzo cut tonight.  2.5 mg?  Ok, that is fine, hold it for at least two weeks, OK Lyn?  You need to see how your body will react before you make another one.  After the new year is not that long to wait.  Hugs :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

i cut 2.5 mg valium, and 5 mg titrated seroquel will hold for at least 2 weeks ( I think) thank you blue moth for watching for me.love Lyn

HI everyone, bluemoth, colin sandy, I am here, shaky a little in the morning, goes away during the day.

Lyn, that is perfectly normal and will pass. I am glad to hear that you are doing well during the day.  Remember to hold this cut for two weeks and see how you are doing before you cut again. I am so proud of you Lyn!! Here is a big hug  :smitten: :smitten:  I hope you are having a fantastic day!!!

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

christine and ceelyn - i apologize for my conflicking post - i deleted it.

listen to christine - she has been following you progress.

if you crash and burn then consider holding your seoquel a bit longer.

Hi Ceeelyn,

I recommend that you taper off one medicine at a time. If you find that the Seroquel helps you taper off the Valium, then taper off the Valium first - most of pour members seem to benefit by quitting their benzos first. It is less stressful to taper one medicine at a time, and because you can be sure of what's causing the withdrawal symptoms, it is easier to manage too. I know that you are keen to quit the Seroquel soon - you know better than any of us what's best for you. Honestly though, it is easier to taper off one med at a time.

Hi Ceeelyn,

It's been pointed out to me that you are determined to get off the Seroquel as soon as possible - you will know best what you need to do. However, I do still recommend, wherever possible, that people taper from one medicine at a time. This way we can be sure of which medicine is causing withdrawal symptoms and take appropriate action. If you are going ahead with tapering off both medicines at the same time, it would probably be better to alternate cuts between the two medicines. This should lessen the impact of the cuts and make it easier to determin the cause of any particular withdrawal symptom.

If you are going ahead with tapering off both medicines at the same time, it would probably be better to alternate cuts between the two medicines.

Colin and lyn,

this is what I have been doing with my klono and seroquel. Things have mostly gone ok, but I am on less med than you, lyn. YOu seem to be handling it mostly ok so far, so just go slow, and keep a good record of your cuts so you will have a better Idea what med is causing what wd sx.

Lyn,

Just checking up to see how you are doing today. Are you holding your vaium cut ok?  Let us know your progress.  Hugs :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

I am doing good, I think I will keep the valium cut at 2.5% til I get the seraquel down. I dont know how far down I can go....since it was serq that stopped the panic.

I am taking metamucil, get very contstipated without it. tried just an otc laxative and that didnt work...so far so good. alternating tapering serq and val is a good idea.  I will do that. going to wait and listen to my body on the next cut.. I have felt good today. just money problems. thank you bluemoth for watching out for me. I dont think I gained any weight this last month...trying to eat good, but did eat some sweets, no pepsi or coffee. easy to give up. still smoking... darn.

love, lyn

Lyn,

Great to hear that you are doing well.  Of COURSE I am watching out for you.  I want to see you well and happy and off these nasty drugs.  For your constipation, are you drinking enough water?  Eating enough greens?  Dear, try and stay away from otc laxatives.  They are so bad for you.  Stewed prunes, greens, water.  Thats the ticket.

Sweets are hard to give up.  I had some chocolate last night lol.  I figure once my taper is over, I can watch my weight again. I am still smoking too. It is so nasty.  I don't smoke in the house, so I run outside, take a couple of puffs, put out the cig and that will last me for awhile.  Maybe we should get all the smokers on this board and have a quit date.  After that we will all be so bright eyed and rosy cheeked they will want us for the cover of Health Magazine.  ;D

Lyn, have a good evening and a better tomorrow.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Hi,

Just to back up what Bluemoth wrote about laxatives. Your system will adjust to them and they will become ineffective. I suffer from ocassional constipation, but ever since I switched to a high-fiber breakfast EVERY morning, I've been right as rain. ;)

another thing that helps is to do a semi fast when constipated and drink hot water with fresh lemon juice in it.

lots of hot water - just sip on it thru out the day.

there are some great breakfast serious look for something with at least 8 grams of fiber.

cereal ? what kind?  dor you recommend?

also, I am not on laxative, but on stool softener, which makes a difference. I drink at least 4 or 5 32 oz of water a day. lots of vegies, I am cutting down on the metamucil to see if I have normalized any, before I started taking it, I was having stomach cramps from not going.I dont know what else to do.