ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

Hi eljay, I just sent a PM, and Then I read you didnt think that was a good idea,..oops, sorry.

do you know the half life of seraquel?

also,, I uh,, cut 25 mg of seraquel last night felt good today, no more cutting til I start titrating though. Now my daughter doesnt feel comfortable haelping me get started titrating.. will do it with my friend in Indiana, will walk me thru it over the phone.

thanks everyone and nitey nite. had a good day. clumsiness, forgetfulness but good.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

lyn, you can pm me anytime. I think maybe what I said once is sometimes an answer can be helpful to other people, so I think I posted an answer publicly once. But if you don't want me to do that, just say so!

Yes, I am cutting seroquel, and just made a 25mg cut a few days ago, and still am sleeping!

As for it's half-life, I don't have a clue, even the manufacturers don't know what it is! Scary, huh. lol.

I"m so glad you had a good day!! :yippee:

Sweet Dreams :smitten:

Hi Lyn,

The half-life of Seroquel is 6 hours. (wikipedia)  Pretty short, so if you are going to get any withdrawal symptoms from tapering, they are going to show up fast.  

Glad to hear that you feel well after cutting your dose. Keep going even if your daughter will not help.  It is your body and your life, if you want to live it drug free, then that is what you should aim for.  Do not let the naysayers bring you down, even if they are members of your family.

It is wonderful that you had a good day.   :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  More will follow.  Sweet dreams. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Hi Lyn,

The half-life of Seroquel is 6 hours. (wikipedia)  Pretty short, so if you are going to get any withdrawal symptoms from tapering, they are going to show up fast.  

Wow, thanks, that's not even in my brand new Nursing Drug Handbook. It say "duration of action unkown"

I figured it was pretty short. I wonder why Breggin recommends tapering rate of 2 to 3 months???

Yeah I heard about the 6 hr half life, I will continue taking 3 doses as I titrate.staying busy.get nervous thinking bout titrating, even tho my friend is going to talk me through it. We are going to try it tomorrow night. prayers please that I understand what I am to do.... she has sent me step by step instructions, and we will be on the phone too.

talk to ya'll later.

love lyn

oh, I dropped another 25 mg serq at night 2 nights ago. doing well.

Good job on the seroquel! I haven't really noticed any wd from that, thank goodness. But I was on a lower dose than you. Just take it nice and steady and don't rush it.

And yes, I will say a prayer for you. You will do fine, and I"m glad you have a friend that is guiding you thru it.  :smitten:

Lyn,

I am so proud of you!  That is wonderful news.  So tell me what does that bring your seroquel dose to?  Is your mind clearing up a little?  I am glad to hear that you are tolerating the drops in that med.  Horray!! :yippee: :yippee:

Now, as to the valium, remember that it has a long half-life, up to 300 hours.  You might not feel the effect of a cut for a few days or even a week.  You might breeze through it too!  Try not to focus on any horror stories, you are unique and so is your body. You might be able to just float off of the valium.  But if you have any trouble, you know we are here with help and support for you. OK?

I am glad that your friend is helping you, she is a good friend indeed.  Good luck with your first titration and let us know how it goes.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

I DID IT. did my first titration, I still think I can continue tapering on valium, if so, I will wait another week.

My serq dose:

morning  89

noon        50

night      75

total 214mg

I think I could even cut another 10 mg,and not feel it

I am busy during the day, I am clumsy, forgetful, confusion sometimes, sedation wears off by about 3pm, but still have the clumsy forget confusion. thank you for checking on me

love Lyn

Lyn,

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!  You are going to make it, I just know you are.  If you feel like you can stand another Seroquel cut, why don't you try it from your morning dose, since that seems to be the highest. 

Whenever you do a cut, put it in your signature so we know what you are at. 

Yes, you should hold your valium cut for at least a week.  Then cut it again.  Soon you will be benzo free :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

XXXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Lyn,

Here it is in your thread so you have a handy reference:

1.  click on your name that will take you to a screen that says SUMMARY ceeelyn

2.  Look to the left of the screen for a box that says "MODIFY PROFILE"

3.  Click on the line that says FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION

4.  Now you are seeing a screen that says PROFILE

5.  Scroll down to where it says SIGNATURE

6. Delete what you don't want and write in whatever you do want to say about your meds.

7.  Scroll down to the bottom and click the CHANGE PROFILE button.

8  Done!  EASY!!

blue moth thank you! i wrote it down, have notes all over the computer desk, was a little shaky last night after 6pm. am holding this amount for awhile.  How do I get out of chat room?

go to the tabs above this board - look up - see them - the forth tab from the left is "chat" - just put your mouse there and hit enter - there ya are in chat. ;)

thanks Silver,... but my problem was how to get OUT,, :socool:

thank you for everyones support feeling fine, wish I wasnt so foggy, but doing good.

If you wish to tell me how to get OUT of chat room would appreciate it...

thanks Silver,... but my problem was how to get OUT,, :socool:

thank you for everyones support feeling fine, wish I wasnt so foggy, but doing good.

If you wish to tell me how to get OUT of chat room would appreciate it...

I think Colin said to just log out? But I've never been there, so I'm not one to talk :laugh:

Hi Lyn!

You are doing well? Hurray!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I am so happy to hear it.  I am assuming that you got help with your taper?  Keep on tapering, soon you will be drug and benzo free.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

well, I did a cut of 1.25 valium last night, felt good all day today until about an hour ago, slight headache, shaky, am putting the valium back, is it possible I have gone as far as I can  on the seraquel and should titrate the valium now? I am on my 3 rd day of titration. of serq. thank you. nitey nite.