Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

Ok  Dear. 

Its ok, calm down.  No you don't need to take it off of the night time dose. We don't need a chart either, although you can make one up if you want. Now that I can see where you are with your doses, your next cut should come in the morning. 

Ok, for your next cut, you don't need to titrate, you can dry cut.  If you are feeling well enough, you don't have to wait two weeks, one week is fine. I usually say two weeks because most people cannot go that fast.  But if you can, then great.  Ok so here we go. For your next cut, lets try the morning dose since it is 15 mg of valium.  You only have 10 mg pills.  So split one in half, that gives you 5 mg. Split that in half again that gives you 2.5 mg.  Discard one of the 2.5 mg pieces. If that is too much for you, split that again ( I know we are getting into small bits here, but that is ok) and you get a 1.25 chunk.  YOU decide which one you want to get rid of, the 1.25 mg chunk or the 2.5 mg chunk. If you think you can do it, go for the 2.5 chunk. The 1.25 chunk will keep you more to the 5% mark. 

Does all that make sense?  I hope so!!  Just keep knocking those chunks off the 10 mg tabs.  We can worry about titration when you get down into the lower doses of valium.  Lets try and get an even playing field with your doses first. If we get the morning one down to what you are taking in the afternoon, I guarentee you are going to feel a whole lot better!!

Sweetie, I live in Oregon.  If you live in the Northwest, I would love to visit with you. I know you are feeling lonely, it is hard to reach people through the computer, but just imagine that I have my arms around you and are giving you a great big hug. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for replying so quickly.  I wish We could set up IM on yahoo. since we are in the same time zone... is that possible? (PX I feel your hugs)

so I am going to take off 2.5 mg next cut off morning dose correct? I prefer yahoo I/M  is that asking too much of a burden on you?

HI Lyn,

Honey, I hate yahoo and never do IM with them, they have filled my computer with so much spam, my computer used to look like the city dump.  I never log onto yahoo anymore. We can go into the chat room right here on BB.  If you see me online, go up and do a shout in the shout box and if I catch it, I can meet you in the chat room, OK?

BTW, good decision about doing a 2.5 mg cut off your morning dose. I think you are going to like the way you feel!!

Ok, can meet you here.. I HAVE GREAT FANTASTIC WONDERFUL NEWS~!

I just talked to my dr. on the phone...I asked him about tapering down on the valium.. he tried to talkme into 5 mg,.. I asked him about 2.5, he said ok!  AND in a week or two, He will write me a RX for 2 mg tabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am elated.

Honey, that is great news!!!! Now we are really hopping!!  We can do such a more accurate job with the 2 mg pills. It wouldn't hurt to have the 5 mg ones too. I am so happy that he is being supportive in your wish to get off of valium. Tell him we call it "ValueLess", LOL!!!

thank s for all the support, I am still really scared.  I get the morning "rushes"and  sedated sorta and am better by 2:00 rather than 3:00.  If I feel the same... what do you think about cutting 2.5 in 5 instead of 7? BLUE MOTH

Lynne,

I am not sure what you mean by that?  Do you mean cutting the afternoon dose?  That is fine if you want to take that one on first. 

Hugs :smitten:

but do you think I should take off the afternoon? I do get more shaky in the mornings... I dont know.. what did you tell me before? 

Lynne,

Yes, dear I thought it would be better for you to even out your doses, so you are taking the same amount morning and afternoon. If you think you would be more comfortable taking something off the afternoon dose instead, you can certainly do that too.  My recomendation is for the morning, but the choice is yours.  Hugs  :smitten:

ok, we will see when the time comes,, are you ever going to leave this site, I sure would not like that.would mean explaining to someone new everything..and what do you think about the 5 days instead of 7?

love, Lyn

Honey, I am not going anywhere, except out to hear a concert in about 15 minutes!! 

Ok, I see what you mean by 5 and 7. Well, I really think it is best to give it a full 7 days. That means the amount of valium you just cut will pretty much be out of your system and will be ready for the next cut. If you cut at day 5 you are still withdrawing from the cut you just made. Does that make sense?  I know you want to get off this stuff as soon as you can, but Lynne, you have to take the baby steps and not rush things, OK?  I don't want you to be hurting and in any bad withdrawals. OK?  Now I have to go, I will check in later with you when I get back home. 

Big Hugs :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lynne,

I am checking in with you as promised.  Yes, I will help you figure out the 5% cut if you like. We can take a look at things tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

XXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

terrible bloating, wondring if I eat too much bran, what time will you be here, still having problems with constipation, I eat lots of veggies, drink lots of water, et.

Hi Lynne,

Just checking in with you.  Don't worry too much about your GI issues.  The gut goes a little haywire while you are tapering but will settle down. 

lynne sometimes it seems like "if i just eat the right thing everything will be alright" - however sometimes the only thing that will fix it is to eat very little of anything when we feel like we will blow up.  i try at least one day a week to eat very little if anything - just drink teas or broth.  our intestines get very stressed do to gaba receptors needing to repair.  some of us become aware that our bodies are not handling wheat products well at all - i found when ever i ate anything with gluten in it i just blew up like a balloon.

last night i had a south beach diet pizza and when i went to bed my intestines were huge and they still were this AM.

hot water and lemon juice sipped through out the day helps to move the bowels - and lemon  :o is alkaline so it will help to restore balance in your digestion.

so one those days of great discomfort - sip warm water all day - give your digestive system a slow down/break - try home made soups with lots of broth - pamper yourself.