Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

Hey Dear Lynne,

I wasn't feeling very good today and needed to take a break from the board. Lynne, I am almost at the end of my taper and it is getting pretty hard for me.  I will try and be here as much as I can for you ok?  But you have to understand that if I disappear for awhile, it is only because I am feeling bad and just cannot sit and post. OK?

That is great news that you are going to cut day after tomorrow!!  Way to go girlfriend!!  This seems to be going pretty smoothly for you. It makes me so happy that you are marching along. 

Honey, don't dread the morning.  Get up and think how glorious it is.  Have you ever gotten up and watched the sun rise?  It is the most beautiful sight in the world.  Some days I get up and watch the sun come up over Mt. Hood, and I think it is like God's hand is illuminating the sky.  The sky turns glorious shades of yellow and pink and then fades into creulean blue and melds into the crisp white of the mountain.  OH, the morning is wonderful!!  Every part of the day is special and I am glad to be here to share it with you.

You asked about yoghurt?  Humm, I don't know that answer to that one.  Anyone else know? 

Well, I have some other posts to make and then I am off for bed. Sweet dreams dear, I'll see you tomorrow.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lynn,

I will need some information before I work up a table for you.

• Your total daily dose of Valium, the tablet size you use, and how many you take per day.
    • Your proposed taper rate. This is how you wish to cut over a given period. An average rate might be something like 10% over 10 days. A slightly slower rate would be 10% over 14 days. Some go faster, others, more slowly. If you are unsure of what rate would be a good starting point for you, discuss this within this thread for feedback from other members.
    • The size of the measuring cylinder you will be using, and the size of the graduations marked on the cylinder. A 100ml cylinder marked with 1ml graduations is ideal, but I can work out schedule for any size and graduations.
    • Your start date. Please give me at least 48 hours notice.

I think that's everything. ;)

1) I have a 200 ml cylinder, marked every 2 ml

2) I take:

15 mg in am

7.5 at noon

30 mg at night

3 5% taper at approx every week

I have 10 mg tabs and 2 mg tabs

did I get everything,  do you need to know my seroquel dosage?

1) I have a 200 ml cylinder, marked every 2 ml

2) I take:

15 mg in am

7.5 at noon

30 mg at night

3 5% taper at approx every week

I have 10 mg tabs and 2 mg tabs

did I get everything,  do you need to know my seroquel dosage?

Mixing tablet doses makes it a lot more complicated. Titration gives such a degree of control over the dose, it should be fine to use the 10mg tablets. Keep the 2mg tablets for later in taper, where they might be more useful, but probably unnecessary. If you find that you need to use the two mg tablets with the 10mg tablets, then simply use five of the 2mg tablets instead of a single 10mg tablet.

So, you are 52.5mg Valium per day - I didn't realise you were on that much. Well, not to worry, titration should make the cuts go more smoothly for you.

I'm following your lead - I know nothing about Seroquel. It is usually better to taper one med at a time though.

The cylinder you have is fine. Would you prefer to use 100ml of it though, as using 200ml is unnecessary? It is just as easy for me, either way. The 2ml graduations are more than addequate.

Colin,

Lynne is already titrating off of the seroquel. I think she is going pretty slow and I don't think it will hurt her to be titrating off them both since we are talking a 3% or so weekly titration.

that is what I want, more control... why do mornings have to be so bad, i told the dr. yesterday and he looks at me with a blank stare, he has no idea.

is this something I do every day? and what time of day?

and if I understand your schedule, will you please keep in close touch with me? I am due to cut 2.5 tomorrow,

when do I stop on the morning dose and start on the evening.

Lynne,

Please be patient with Colin.  He is going to make a schedule up for you, so you will have all the information you need when he posts it OK?  He will have in it, when to cut each dose so there is no guessing.  Let him work on it tonight and you will have it in just a couple of days. Why don't you hold this cut until you get the schedule from him?  It is only two days away and it won't hurt you to hold on until then.

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten:

Christine/BlueMoth 

have a question, today I accidentally took my mid day dose at 10 instead of 11:00 am, and I was better an hour earlier than usual...once I am better I stay better all day.... what does this say to you all?

Hi Lynne,

I stopped by with a late night hug for you.  :smitten:

So taking your valum at 10 instead of 11 makes you feel better? I am not sure that tells me anything except that if that is so, then maybe you should try taking the dose at 10 instead of 11. ;D ;D

Seriously, I am glad that you had a good day today.  Good days is what we are all aiming for here.

I hope you have a better one tomorrow.  Good Night !!

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth 

Hi,

I assume you meant that you are due to cut 2.5mg of the Valium tomorrow? I'll make up your schedule within the next hour, with tomorrow as your start date.

The liquid will contain your dose for the entire day. It is up to you how you split it over the day. Generally, we recommend that people take even doses at equal intervals over the day - so, about every eight hours if taken three times a day. You should do what you feel best suits you though. Because Valium has a long half-life, some variation in time when your dose is taken should have little overall effect.

Hi Ceeelyn,

I received your PM - this is the only format I can supply. The table is far too big for me to reorganise (I use a spreadsheet to populate the doses). If you need help interpreting the table, then ask for help in this thread. I, or one of the others will help you. All you need to remember is that the dose indicated is for the whole day. You can split this up in to smaller doses of whatever size you wish, so long as the total is your daily dose.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-ceeelyn-2008-01-18.html

Add the following code to your signature for an easy link to your titration schedule:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-ceeelyn-2008-01-18.html][b]My Titation Schedule.[/b][/url]

So, your first day, you will drink 46ml from the milk (50ml being equivalent to your your 2.5mg of Valium) - this will be your first cut. You will take an additional 50mg in tablets (five 10mg tablets). You can keep the milk for a few days so that you can take additional doses from so that you are waisting fewer tablets. Remember, your dose will be reducing - day2 will mean you consume just 40ml of milk. I would not keep the milk for too long though, for obvious reasons. Don't forget to give the milk a good stir before you take a dose. As time goes on, the amount you are cutting will be reducing too, and/or you will not be making a cut each day - refer to the table each day to be sure you are taking the correct dose.

If you are intending to add your additional daily tablets to the milk, remove the amount you will be drinking for the whole day from the cynlider, and add the powdered tablets to this. This way you can keep what's in the cylinder for the following days. A large syringe will help you deduct your daily doses.

Take care.

Hi Ceeelyn,

I've just realised I made a mistake - you should be taking 5 tablets in addition to the titrated tablet of course. I'll reply back here when I've corrected it. I should not be long.