Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

Ok, thanks for the clarification!

It' does make sense, especially the broth, as sodium will help you retain water. you could also drink an electrolyte drink instead of gatorade to avoid the sugar. I'm pretty sure it can be purchased otc, like pedialyte. Only an adult version.  

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

it normal to wake up shaky isnt it?

Hi Ceelyn,

Yes, it's normal. I have had that during my taper, particularly a few days following each cut. It seems to be subsiding now, the lower I get.

ok, 2 problems, i felt good all day, not even shaky in the morning,

an hour ago it started.. shaky, and bloating.....and I planned on cutting serq again in the morning, already mixed up the mixture.

someone said I may have to let the serq wait and concentrate on the valium.....opinions?

and the bloating!!!!!!, 2nd night in a row I have had it.

Hi Lyn,

First of all I want to say congratulations for getting down in your valium!!  Way to go!!

You are having withdrawal symptoms, nothing serious that you can't ride out.  Ok, as to the seroquel.  I would go ahead and cut. I don't think it is going to interfere that much, since you are titrating the seroquel and cutting the valium.  Just remember to hold your valium cut for 2 weeks. You should be over the shaky bloating thing in a couple of days.  Hang in there girl, you are doing fine. 

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

abdominal problems are pretty common - some people take enteric coated peppermint capsules - they would have to be enteric.

you bodies gaba receptors are rebuilding now that you are reducing your dose.  it helps to avoid anything water retaining liquids - like things with sodium, salt, caffeine.

i used to call it benzo belly bloat - or BBB - i made that up - that's when i walked around the house with my top pant snap undone and my belt buckle open - which would be BBO  :2funny:

many of us suffer from it for some time after our withdrawal.  you have gaba receptors in you abdominal area - so i am not clear if it is your small intestine that is irritated or your stomach - they are all affected by tapering and withdrawal.

lets see one thing that helped my stomach was to grate 1 and 1/2 inch of fresh ginger root (enough for one large cup of tea) i would brew it in maybe 14 ounces of water for 4 min. with a cap on it to let it steep and then sip all nigh - helped me.

i had to up my serq dose last night by 25 mg. do you think I should stop titrating or slow it way down, had severe panic. concentrate on valium only?

Hi,

I have just responded to your PM.

Yes, I would recommend tapering off one medicine at a time. Most people taper off benzos first.

Lyn,

Ok, if you are having that hard of a time, then by all means, stop titrating the seroquel.  You have to remember that you took a good sized chunk out of your valium dose and are having withdrawal symptoms. Don't be afraid of them.  They will subside. OK?  Get stable on your dose of both meds and then we can talk again about what to do.  Hang in there, you are doing great.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

do you have to have fresh ginger for the benzo bloat

I was going to cut 2.5 mg noon dose of valium starting tomorrow. should Iwait? I felt good the last two days.I am doing 2.5 mg which is less than 5%.

I read that digestive enzymes were good for gut issues... I hesitate in adding any supplements due to being on BI, they dont want you to take anything at all..opinions?

you can try and see how it goes - however it is recommended to hold a cut or taper for 2 wks.

i played with mine some - if it got to hard i just reinstated - i am glad you had a good window - that is always a relief. :thumbsup:

well ceelyn - i would grate 1 and 1/2 inch of raw ginger root and sip on that and i found some comfort in that - also putting heat on my abdominal area seemed to help to.

i tried digestive enzymes and had no luck - now that was me - don't know about others.  if i ate sugar which i did rarely - then i took a probionic - that seemed to help.

Hi Lyn,

I had no luck with digestive enzymes either.  I do take enteric coated acidopilis though, and that helps my digestion. I have not tried ginger root, because for me, it is too stimulating an herb.  Lots of people do find it helpful though.

As to your cut.  Remember that you are in controll of your taper.  If it feels right to cut, then go ahead and make the cut. 

I think you are doing great.  Way to keep forging ahead!! :thumbsup:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Lyn,

Hold your cut for at least a week. If you are feeling ok, then make another one. If you are having symptoms, then you can hold the cut for another week. I think you are doing fine and will be able to make it through, no problem.  I am so proud of you for doing this taper and titrating off the seroquel too!!  Soon you will be able to ditch all your medication and be on your way to a complete drug free life. Won't that be wonderful??!!!  You are so special Lyn, don't forget that.  Keep going and stay positive.  :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Lynn,

just to give you hope, I am 4 days seroquel free! I wasn't on as much as you, But I was at 150 at one point, and have successfully tapered off. When you are ready, just do it slow and steady and you will get there. Do your drugs one at a time. I tapered simultaneously, but this usually doesn't work well and is not recommended.

hi, I am doing fine, will hold val at least a week, switching back to dry seraquel, since I am not tapering it right now......Hope everyon is ok, pray for a job for me please., can only work in afternoon due to sedation. My husband is disabled and I am off of disability in March, things are very very tight. and I dont know what will happen  in March. I tell myself not to worry, but we will make it with God's help.

love to all, Lyn

Hi Lyn,

You cut from your afternoon dose?  Congratulations!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  That is great news. Ok, so you have just lopped off a good chunk. Stay there for two weeks.  Change your signature so we know what your dose is. It would be helpful to me if you could also write what you are taking when.  That is, what is your morning dose, afternoon dose, nighttime dose, because I know that they are all different.  The next time you take the pruning shears to your valium, take it off the larger of the three doses, ok?  I am so proud of you Lyn, you are just moving forward so bravely. I see a happy outcome for you soon.

Hugs :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

blue moth, can I talk to you I/M,  I dont understand why I should take it off  night time.. I am afraid not to sleep. I need a titrating schedule for valium,,, which I will hold for 2 weeeks??? even tho I am talking off less than 5%???

Morning    15 valium    75 serq    30 paxil,    .075 thyroid

noon          7.5 valium    50 serq

night        30 valium      75 serq  50 traz.

had a tummy ache but is going away, was very fatigued for a couple of hours... please help me I will have to start titrating valium because I cant get smaller tabs and need someone to help me with a chart .. I have 10 mg tabs.

please help me get this figured out. I want to stay at 5%

love lyn  PX. where do you live? or to anyone else out there, I am feeling very alone