Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi! CBD Oil seems to make my body and joint pain  so much worse. I read it can block benzos from being metabolized in the liver  hence worse withdrawal effects.

Anyone had any better luck using a CBD vape??

Nothing but success with cbd. I have a ticture of cbd oil to put in my vape for on the go use and cbd isolate for the house.

Is it safe to vape a tincture?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! CBD Oil seems to make my body and joint pain  so much worse. I read it can block benzos from being metabolized in the liver  hence worse withdrawal effects.

Nothing but success with cbd. I have a ticture of cbd oil to put in my vape for on the go use and cbd isolate for the house.

As long as it is made for it  It will tell you on the bottle if it can be vaped. Some do some dont

[c2...]

I bought some koi 250mg cbd oil. Would it be better to vape this or take orally? I put some under my tongue and my anxiety lifted quite a bit. I was wondering if I would benefit more by vaping this.

You can vape the oil (the CBD doesn't break down at vaping temperatures), but there are some people who frown on it as it can introduce a lot of oil vapor to your lungs.  It also tends to clog the vape pen.  It would be better to get actual CBD vape oil.

[c2...]

If it's an alcohol tincture, you would not want to vape it directly, but you can apply the alcohol to some other material, let it dry completely and vape/smoke it.  If it's a glycerol tincture, then maybe you can vape it, but usually glycerol tinctures are just a few percent cannabinoid - most vape oils are >60%.  Personally, I'd use a vape oil instead of a tincture.

[c2...]

For one, it's not THC or CBD - it's some synthetic cannabinoid, so it's difficult to draw parallels with THC or CBD.  Also - these cells were cultured for prolonged periods of time at levels that you would probably not encounter if you used cannabis responsibly.  It's a totally synthetic system, and while I'm sure the findings are valid, they do not compare with how these drugs are normally used.

As with most drugs, the less you rely on cannabis, the better.

Great article, Bads.  Saved it to my notes.

I agree.  Edibles are dicey at best, especially made with butter for some reason.  I like alcohol tinctures, but personally use a 1:1 RSO to skip the alcohol, sugar or oil issues.

For one, it's not THC or CBD - it's some synthetic cannabinoid, so it's difficult to draw parallels with THC or CBD.  Also - these cells were cultured for prolonged periods of time at levels that you would probably not encounter if you used cannabis responsibly.  It's a totally synthetic system, and while I'm sure the findings are valid, they do not compare with how these drugs are normally used.

I take CBD daily as a supplement to the endo-cannabinoid system and potentially cancer prevention.  Arthritis, neuro-protection, neurogenesis ...all those things that CBD might help with as we age.  And I'm getting up there... ::)  So far I'm healthier and take less medication than anyone else I know who's also (gulp) getting old.

I take CBD daily as a supplement to the endo-cannabinoid system and potentially cancer prevention.  Arthritis, neuro-protection, neurogenesis, mood ...all those things that CBD might help with as we age.  And I'm getting up there... ::)  So far I'm healthier and take less medication than anyone else I know who's also (gulp) getting old.

My Dr dropped my Xanax XR dose from 4mg to 3mg almost a month ago.  Big problems!  Insomnia being the worst.  I convinced him to switch me to the Xanax IR last week.  He tried giving Me a Seroquel one night and it made it worse.  I took the Ashton Manual and he wasn’t impressed.  I asked about CBD oil and he’s said it couldn’t hurt.  So I’ve been trying it the past week and think I’m doing more harm than good.  Am I on to high of dose to begin the oil? I separated the oil and Xanax by a couple of hours...but idk if it’s the wd or the oil.  I’m seeing most people taper way down before doing the oil.  I thought I did all the right research before trying it...but I think now it was a mistake.  Anyone, help!  Thanks 🙏🏻 

[c2...]
CBD doesn't generally help a lot with sleep (there are exceptions).  It made me kind of sleepy once, but never did again.  I do (usually) get sleep from THC, but that may not be an option for you.  I don't personally think that it's a timing or Xanax dose issue.

I have been using CBD oil since the summer (not daily) for nausea. It does not help me sleep. I actually feel more "with it" when I take it, more alert and focused. Opposite of what you want when going to bed.

Agreed. THC helps me more for sleep but it may have other effects you don't like. CBD doesn't do much for me but people like it for pain.

[c2...]
A fair number of people say that it's helped their anxiety and if that's what's keeping you awake at night, it could help,  But it doesn't tend to cause drowsiness like many sleeping meds do.

Thanks for your reply on that study badsocref.  I'm new to the idea of CBD oil while tapering and this thread is so long and confusing. Is there one or two posts that you recommend that explain the mechanism of action, difference between cannabis and hemp oil, whether you want any THC, best method for f using (though I know it's individualized). I'm not looking to become dependent on anything else but if this can do what it's done for people with neurological disorders, I'm happy to look into it. I've been daily microtapering for two years and at the rate I'm going I've got another two and a half years so if something could accelerate and ameliorate the process...thanks!

I have a really stupid question. How do you use oil vape pens? Are you supposed to inhale it into your lungs or your cheeks or what? Seems like oil could get into your lungs and stay there, but I've only vaped flower so far so I'm not sure.

I am having a lot of similar issues.  I was wondering if I can communicate with you off the benzo site and e-mail you?  I seems my "replies" do not make it through and I cannot seem to navigate benzobuddies well enough to communicate with anyone. xxxxxxxx

Thanks,

LynnM

[a fellow Christian]

Anyone work with Dr. Junella Chin? Had a Skype session with her today and it was extremely informative and encouraging and answered all of the questions I posted earlier today! I would like to hear from anyone who has worked with her.

[c2...]

I have a really stupid question. How do you use oil vape pens? Are you supposed to inhale it into your lungs or your cheeks or what? Seems like oil could get into your lungs and stay there, but I've only vaped flower so far so I'm not sure.

You inhale the vapor into your lungs, and hold it there for 5-10 seconds.  Then exhale.  Yes, a tiny amount of oil vapor gets into your lungs.  People who use essential oils for aroma therapy also get a little oil into their lungs.  Too much oil in the lungs can lead to lipid pneumonia, but I don't think that's a common issue for most people who vape occasionally.  There are probably some people who are more sensitive.

I am having a lot of similar issues.  I was wondering if I can communicate with you off the benzo site and e-mail you?  I seems my "replies" do not make it through and I cannot seem to navigate benzobuddies well enough to communicate with anyone. xxxxxxxx

Thanks,

LynnM

[a fellow Christian]

Hello LynnM,

I know just how lonely and solitary this benzo experience can be.  However, we don't permit members to share personal information such as email addresses on the open forum.  While BB is secure, this is the internet after all and our biggest concern is protecting our members and their identity.

I was pretty computer illiterate when I joined the forum and it took me a while to be able to find my way around.  Give it a little time, ask for help, we are all willing to guide and support you. 

Thank you,

pianogirl  :smitten:

I finally got my prescription for cannabis yesterday!!!  My doctor and the cannabis lady were so supportive.  It was nice to finally feel a bit validated for all this suffering with benzo withdrawal, even though I know the doc is uncertain of what is benzo withdrawal and "underlying anxiety".  smh. 

Anyways, I get to order my stuff online.  I'm in Canada and there's a company that has a welcome packet, with different strains to try and also a grinder and a cookbook.  They doc also wants me to get a vaporizer.  I'm curious about the price of this.  The cheapest one I saw was $195, but that was buying directly from a cannabis supplier which the lady said was "more trusted".  Does anyone know how much vaporizers cost?  Or other places to get one? 

Very encouraging GreenCup. I see adoc about using cannabis for my fourth horrific klonopin withdrawal next week. Did he/she have anything to say about interaction with klonopin or that you're still tapering? Is he thinking that you will need to taper the rest or the cannabis will take its place?  I've been tapering from 1.25 mg for 2 1/2 years and at the turtle pace I'm going it will be another 2 1/2. Would be amazing to swap out for the cannabis but after all I've been through I can't believe it can replace the poison and allow my brain to heal. I will follow your story with great interest so please share. Best wishes!!

I finally got my prescription for cannabis yesterday!!!  My doctor and the cannabis lady were so supportive.  It was nice to finally feel a bit validated for all this suffering with benzo withdrawal, even though I know the doc is uncertain of what is benzo withdrawal and "underlying anxiety".  smh. 

Anyways, I get to order my stuff online.  I'm in Canada and there's a company that has a welcome packet, with different strains to try and also a grinder and a cookbook.  They doc also wants me to get a vaporizer.  I'm curious about the price of this.  The cheapest one I saw was $195, but that was buying directly from a cannabis supplier which the lady said was "more trusted".  Does anyone know how much vaporizers cost?  Or other places to get one?

I got an "Arizer Solo I" for $150 in Canada.  Got a discount with Tweed in TO.  This Vap is extremely well regarded.  For the price, it is hard to beat.  Check out youtube reviews on it.  You can spend $100-$500