Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Blue, that’s why I avoid CBD. I only consume indica and hybrid strains with THC. I didn’t know that peppercorns could have a calming effect, very interesting!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

studies show that the amount needed for anxiolytic effect is in the range of 300 to 600 mg

Can you post a link? I do think I read this someplace and now can't remember where. I rejected the information as it certainly contradicts my experience.

I didn't use any cannabis during my taper, but I sure use it now. I make CBD gummies from a strain of CBD that I buy online -- it contains virtually no THC. I use it for sleep. It has definite anxiolytic/calming/sleep-inducing properties. I've been using it for about 3 years and have never had to increase my dosage beyond 50 mgs. So either I'm a cannabis weenie or that 300-600 mg figure is a little  . . . off. Oh, I guess I could have fallen prey to the dreaded placebo effect, lol! You're right, however, in that ingesting 300-600 mgs of CBD would be terribly expensive. However, in my experience, you have to experiment with CBD (and THC) to find the amount that works for you.

Could it simply be that we're all different?

Hmm.

:-\

Katz

studies show that the amount needed for anxiolytic effect is in the range of 300 to 600 mg

Can you post a link? I do think I read this someplace and now can't remember where. I rejected the information as it certainly contradicts my experience.

I didn't use any cannabis during my taper, but I sure use it now. I make CBD gummies from a strain of CBD that I buy online -- it contains virtually no THC. I use it for sleep. It has definite anxiolytic/calming/sleep-inducing properties. I've been using it for about 3 years and have never had to increase my dosage beyond 50 mgs. So either I'm a cannabis weenie or that 300-600 mg figure is a little  . . . off. Oh, I guess I could have fallen prey to the dreaded placebo effect, lol! You're right, however, in that ingesting 300-600 mgs of CBD would be terribly expensive. However, in my experience, you have to experiment with CBD (and THC) to find the amount that works for you.

Hmm.

Katz

I think the differences among us are likely why some benefit greatly from CBD and others don’t. I’ve only taken CBD a few times when I was on Klonopin and it made my anxiety worse. I haven’t had that problem with THC. I know I’ve seen some studies on it, I’ll see if I can find them.

[f9...]
40 mg of CBD kind of wires me (a little).  It's good if I want to get stuff done.  Also good if I don't want to eat (CBD seems to curb my appetite).  I've never had enough to put me to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

You can make them yourself. I make mine with CBD that I order from a a dispensary in Florida -- they have the cheapest prices around. PM me if you want my "recipe".

:smitten:

Katz

Hi, do you have a cbd oil brand that you recommend for 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽? I have a hemp one with federal allowed amount of thc. .5mls in syringe helps me sleep, but I have bad fatigue, poor cognition, can't function hangover the next day. I'm unstable on my meds x&k & having non stop dr with visual distortions. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm struggling trying to quit caffeine, at least coffee with caffeine water trying this transition got me even more not right. Xanax was helping me sleep, now not consistently. If I Have help with sleep, without a hangover,  I could stabilize enough to at least plan a taper. Thanks

Hi group:

I ended my tiny experiement with low dose THC/CBD gummies many months ago. Personally, I do not think CBD, in particular, is a good augmentation "during" tapering.

And I will not indulge in any occassional cannabis use until well clear of my taper. And if so use strains with little to no CBD. Though CBD can be helpful to ameliorate the effects of overconsumption of THC. Neil Young's remedy has always been chewing black peppercorn which contains a host of calming terpenes.

Benzos affect Gaba A receptors. CBD also exerts influence over Gaba A receptors along with cannabinoid receptors. The science behind it can be found online.

Our goal in tapering is to repair these Gaba A receptors.

THC, on the other hand, affects Gaba B receptors and, of course, cannabinoid receptors. So, if one wants to use cannabis during taper to take the edge off or if helps with sleep a strain with little to no CBD would be best. In fact, most strains excepting those breed for high CBD content have virtually no CBD or a miniscule amount. Underground breeders long ago chose plants for propagation based on strength and bred out CBD content--we can thank the early Northern California breeders for that.

Hope I am not coming across as preachy. But, CBD has been hyped and studies show that the amount needed for anxiolytic effect is in the range of 300 to 600 mg--a prohibitive cost for most. 1000 mg of CBD crystalline runs on average around $50.00. In my opinion, the anecdotal reports of the benefits of modest doses of CBD are a placebo effect. Cannabis dispensaries are in the business of selling!

And yes, daily or long term use of medical and/or recreational cannabis without a "tolerance break" does have a negative effect on sleep architecture. Learning the hardway is no fun.

Cheers

Blue001

Thanks for sharing. But oh no.. I'm not in legal state. And really was hoping for a cbd oil to help at least with sleep. If I'm Clear, your saying that cbd, even from hemp, will hit the same gaba receptors out benzos are causing more down regulation? I have a Hemp cbd 𝙾𝚒𝚕 with federal allowed amt thc, it helps with sleeP, but leaves me with super fatigue, cog fog hangover the next day. So came here seeking other brand suggestions, experiences etc. thanks SC

Hmm.

Katz

Hi, could you please share the brand of this cbd oil? Is it hemp derived? I'm not in legal state, have a long way to go to taper, but need something for sleep. I have a hemp derived cbd with federally allowed amt of sativa thc. I don't understand the mgs you all speak of the print on the back of my bottle is so small I can't read. I'd have to go find paperwork that came with it or go to website..sorry. But .5ml of 𝙾𝚒𝚕 sublingual will put me to sleep but with big cog fog fatigue, can't function hangover. I'm still on high dose benzos, too, though. Only tried once recently. Then like a year ago, can't remember. I'm having dr & visual distortions, so not sure if wise, if it did agree with no hangover? Thoughts? The makers of it focus on it helping kids with seizure disorders get off their meds. I so want/need a cbd oil to help/work safely. Not expecting you to have all the answers. Just maybe you & some others also will read my reply & have thoughts, suggestions. Much appreciated again

Hmm.

Katz

I think the differences among us are likely why some benefit greatly from CBD and others don’t. I’ve only taken CBD a few times when I was on Klonopin and it made my anxiety worse. I haven’t had that problem with THC. I know I’ve seen some studies on it, I’ll see if I can find them.

Wow! Was it like instantly worse? Was it sublingual oil? Did it have thc in it? Was it hemp derived? Thanks

Scaredie, the CBD oil I tried was hemp derived and sublingual. It didn’t make my anxiety instantly worse, but within probably 39 minutes I noticed an uptick. I was on 1 mg K at the time and had only been for a few months, but it was enough to steer me away.

Sorry, I haven't been back here recently. About this, scardie:

Hi, do you have a cbd oil brand that you recommend for 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽?

I do not use cbd oil. I make an alcohol-based tincture from cbd flower bud. If you can order cbd oil in your state, you can order flower bud. Of course, then you have to make the tincture yourself  ;), but it's not hard. And then you know exactly what you're getting. I tired a couple of brands of cbd oil and found them nauseating. I order my cbd flower from a dispensary in FL. Great prices and fast shipping.

Best to you.

Katz

Scaredie, the CBD oil I tried was hemp derived and sublingual. It didn’t make my anxiety instantly worse, but within probably 39 minutes I noticed an uptick. I was on 1 mg K at the time and had only been for a few months, but it was enough to steer me away.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Helpful. SC

Sorry, I haven't been back here recently. About this, scardie:

Hi, do you have a cbd oil brand that you recommend for 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽?

I do not use cbd oil. I make an alcohol-based tincture from cbd flower bud. If you can order cbd oil in your state, you can order flower bud. Of course, then you have to make the tincture yourself  ;), but it's not hard. And then you know exactly what you're getting. I tired a couple of brands of cbd oil and found them nauseating. I order my cbd flower from a dispensary in FL. Great prices and fast shipping.

Best to you.

Katz

Much thanks Katz. It does sound a bit daunting at the moment.. but great info to know.  I'm confused, though; I don't know the proper terminology, is that a hemp flower bud? Or a Canabis/mmj flower bud? Sorry spelling... I know Florida is a legal state for mmj. My state is not. Does that mean I can order cbd flower? Does it require a script?

Thanks again & back at ya.

SC

Hiya Scardie. Yes, a hemp flower bud is an mmj/cannabis flower bud. All varieties -- indica, sativa, hybrids,  cbd "flower". They're green plants that grow tall (I have three growing in my garden) and develop flowers, then buds as they mature. And then you harvest, toss the stalks away, and dry the buds. I'm not 100% sure, but if you can order cbd oil to be shipped to your state, you can most likely order hemp/cbd flower buds. You could ask the folks at the dispensary where I order mine. They'll know if it's legal to ship to you. They're here online:

https://www.drstrainscbd.com/

I've found them perfectly reliable and very knowledgeable.

Best wishes,

Katz

Can you give me some advice?

I didn’t update my profile but I’m off

the benzo now. But been taking

100 mg seroquel at night to help

me sleep. This has been like 5 months.

The dose was 50 mg but increased.

I have the chance to try an indica

gummy. I was gonna cut it and try

2.5 mg at first. I wanted to try it for

sleep. I’ll skip the seroquel dose

if I try it. Any helpful thoughts?

I want off seroquel but was also

afraid I’ll not sleep. Also I get panic

attacks during the day. I’m working

on non pharma to help those. Ty

Can you give me some advice?

I didn’t update my profile but I’m off

the benzo now. But been taking

100 mg seroquel at night to help

me sleep. This has been like 5 months.

The dose was 50 mg but increased.

I have the chance to try an indica

gummy. I was gonna cut it and try

2.5 mg at first. I wanted to try it for

sleep. I’ll skip the seroquel dose

if I try it. Any helpful thoughts?

I want off seroquel but was also

afraid I’ll not sleep. Also I get panic

attacks during the day. I’m working

on non pharma to help those. Ty

If you are taking seroquel regularly I wouldn’t skip your dose. It has to be tapered. As far as introducing cannabis, I think your starting with a small dose is a good way to start. That’s how I started with edibles. I’m assuming based on the 2.5 mg that’s the amount of THC in it.

I agree with kitsune. I don't think any drug should be just abruptly dropped. So, maybe taper off the seoquel before you try anything else? I think 2.5 mgs of THC indica is a good starting point. It's a very small dose and you may have to titrate UP to find your ideal dose. Just fyi I use indica at night along with cbd. The combination works really well for me.

During the day, I use cbd alone. It's great for calming down my "monkey mind" as the Buddhists call it, and letting me attain something close to a meditative state while I listen to soothing music. I try to de-stress in this way once a day for an hour.

Hope this helps,

Katz

[f9...]
How much CBD are you using during the day, Katz?  Do you find that dose to be calming?  If not, have you tinkered with higher doses that do give you a calming feeling?

Hi bads. 100  mgs of CBD definitely gives me an ommmmm feeling, but I save that for bedtime and add a little indica to it. About 30 mgs. During the day I use about half that amount of CBD (my gummies are 100 mgs so I bite off half  ::)) or 50 mgs. I find that to be just about right. I fooled around with lower doses but they didn't do what I needed to be done. I fooled around with higher doses, too but I was semi-catatonic during the day, so that wasn't good. Lordy, I just want to be calm for my so-called meditation hour. Finding the right dose is like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, right? Too hard, too soft, just right . . . ahhhhhh. I think I'm a lightweight -- others may need a higher dose.

I love the gummi edibles . . . I love the way the calm feeling sneaks up on me as I'm sitting with my cat, listening to (lyrics-free) music. 

And I want to thank you again for telling me how to make an alcohol-based mj tincture. My gummies start their life that way.

Oh, I just saw your post on cortisol. I don't experience these surges anymore. In fact, I don't wake up at that miserable 4-5 a.m. hour at all since taking my mj at night. I sleep until about 6, which means I get about 7 hours of sleep.

Best,

Katz

Is it safe to try a 2.5 mg indica gummy during the daytime?

I’ve never taken Mj before. I got extreme anxiety and OCD

take no meds during the day, but seroquel take at night.

I have repeated myself a few times here. Sorry if repeating.

Hiya Scardie. Yes, a hemp flower bud is an mmj/cannabis flower bud. All varieties -- indica, sativa, hybrids,  cbd "flower". They're green plants that grow tall (I have three growing in my garden) and develop flowers, then buds as they mature. And then you harvest, toss the stalks away, and dry the buds. I'm not 100% sure, but if you can order cbd oil to be shipped to your state, you can most likely order hemp/cbd flower buds. You could ask the folks at the dispensary where I order mine. They'll know if it's legal to ship to you. They're here online:

Best wishes,

Katz

So much thanks, again!

Does it require a prescription?

Does it have thc?

That's awsome that can choose different strains.

Take care,

SC

Best wishes,

Katz

Hi again,

Sorry, but could you remind me, does your tincture help you with 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 only or do you take for anxiety or other reasons during the day as well?

Thanks, Scaredie

[f9...]

Is it safe to try a 2.5 mg indica gummy during the daytime?

I’ve never taken Mj before. I got extreme anxiety and OCD

take no meds during the day, but seroquel take at night.

I have repeated myself a few times here. Sorry if repeating.

I wish you'd snuck over the levee (that's where we went) in high school and tried a few puffs.  Trying to describe how this stuff feels is difficult.  THC is an interesting drug.  It can give incredible calm, but it can also cause paranoia/anxiety - especially during the onset of the drug's effects.  It's natural for one's pulse to increase during onset and obviously there's a shift in cognition.  That scares some people, and they never progress to the calmer stage.  2.5 mg is a low dose, but if you have a lot of fear about trying it then that fear may impact your experience more than the drug does.

But if you can throw caution to the wind and adopt a bit of a 'Party on, Garth' attitude, you might be pleasantly surprised.