Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi Scardie. About this:

Sorry, but could you remind me, does your tincture help you with 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 only or do you take for anxiety or other reasons during the day as well?

Thanks, Scaredie

I take my CBD tincture (made into gummie bears) at night for sleep . . . but I also take it at 1/3 to 1/2 the dose during the day with my attempts at meditation. I try to schedule an hour of down time daily, and CBD really helps me chill out, empty my mind, concentrate on my soothing music and generally de-stress. I love the way the edible sneaks up on me, like a warm bath on my squirrely feelings. It's the bp-lowering effects of CBD. So, yeah, I guess I'd say it helps with anxiety.

Hope this helps.

Katz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scardie. About this:

Sorry, but could you remind me, does your tincture help you with 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 only or do you take for anxiety or other reasons during the day as well?

Thanks, Scaredie

I take my CBD tincture (made into gummie bears) at night for sleep . . . but I also take it at 1/3 to 1/2 the dose during the day with my attempts at meditation. I try to schedule an hour of down time daily, and CBD really helps me chill out, empty my mind, concentrate on my soothing music and generally de-stress. I love the way the edible sneaks up on me, like a warm bath on my squirrely feelings. It's the bp-lowering effects of CBD. So, yeah, I guess I'd say it helps with anxiety.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Hi Katz,

Very helpful once again!

Thanks SC

Has anybody had a big setback from CBD? I was doing really well with it and i'm even 100% sure it was healing me. I would take it for a few days then stop. It would give me kind of a wave but then I'd feel way better after. Symptoms started disappearing and it wasn't a coincidience. However, the last time I did this cycle I felt really rough and still havent come out of the wave and its been about 6 weeks. I have a new symptom I've never ever had before where my heart sometimes stops beating and then beats quickly. Also brutal insomnia came back.

I'm confused as heck. Why does something that was helping strengthen my CNS suddenly turn on us?

No.

Not from CBD.

When I was an mj newbie, I smoked (!) an indica/sativa hybrid and that gave me serious anxiety. But a little research fixed that up. I use CBD now and it's not given me a "big setback" or  a small setback or any kind of a setback.

And, Shamo, I've never heard about CBD doing this:

Why does something that was helping strengthen my CNS

How do you figure it was helping your CNS? What exactly do you mean by "strengthening" it? Mj can do a few helpful things for the body, but this is a new one on me.

Just wondering . . .  :-\

Katz

Well mine said only .3% THC or maybe it was .03% I can't remember but it would zonk me out and make me high. Not to the same level of smoking though. So maybe there was enough THC in there to cause issues?

Well maybe it can't do that oregan I just really feel like immediately as I started taking it issues I'd had for years got better. My system felt so weak especially from food and the food reactions and stuff stopped when I began cycling it. I didn't have to lay in bed for hours after food and just felt so strong again. Other things like eye pain and insmonia also got wayyy better over the couple of months I cycled it.

I'm feeling pretty hopeless now though. Feel like I'm back at the start.

Well maybe it can't do that

It's okay, Shamo. I'm sorry what you took didn't help. We all try different thing to help ourselves. Some work for us and some don't. But I believe that we all get better, with or without adjunct therapies like ADs or SSRIs or supplements or cannabis. Our bodies crave homeostasis and left to their own devices, will find it. Oh, and imo here's the best, most reliable (but most frustrating) healer of all: time.

I think cannbis can be helpful with a variety of bodily ailments, but I don't believe, and indeed have never seen evidence, that it helps us recover from benzo wd.

Anyhow, best to you,

Katz

• 4 weeks later...
Medicinal is legal, but very expensive. I looked online to buy some but can only get once per buy, then it’s risky because if u don’t get it after paying $300+ you can’t call cops to say u didn’t get it. I have cbd but I don’t think it does much. Last time I took it had a bad wave so hard to say if it caused wave or I was just having one anyway

Does it make u a bit paranoid? Weed has always made me feel like that, but last time I had some vape out of a pen, maybe I had too much but I literally thought I was going to lose my mind. I was tripping hard. So I haven’t touched it again until last night so months. It completely wipes my hubby out. Wish it did that to me. Do u take it for anxiety or sleep kit? Where do u get ur gummies from

Shayna, I have indica and hybrid edibles that are specifically for helping with calm and sleep. They don’t make me paranoid. I haven’t smoked a lot, but paranoia has never been a problem for me. I think some strains are more likely to cause it than others.

• 2 weeks later...
[7b...]
It felt heavy to me - kind of like trazodone.  I think it helped a bit with sleep onset/duration.  I didn't notice any depression.

Yeah, like the others, I feel CBD as a calming, sleep-inducing substance. "Heavy" as bads says, is a good word for it. But no depression.

Katz

Hi CBD group!  I hope you can advise me.....

I recently bought Garden of Life 10 mg Whole Hemp Extract at a local nutrition store.  It is 10 mg THC-free broad-spectrum CBD per serving of liquid drops, and includes an "entourage effect blend" of small amount Peppermint, Orange, Lavandin and Frankincense. 

I wanted to try CBD Oil for help with withdrawal problems with sleep and anxiety.  It is one of few sleep aids that is safe and effective for those with COPD!  I'm anxious to try it, but wary.  I originally got stuck on Klonopin because of a panic disorder, which tapering has made much worse.  The first panic attack of my life was when I was stoned many decades ago, so I may have a sensitivity to THC.  So I'm leery of CBD Oil claims of being "THC-free" when there is no regulation.

Have any of you heard of this brand?

What would you guys recommend as a safe starter dose to test it out?

thanks!

clearbluesky

Hi CBD group!  I hope you can advise me.....

I recently bought Garden of Life 10 mg Whole Hemp Extract at a local nutrition store.  It is 10 mg THC-free broad-spectrum CBD per serving of liquid drops, and includes an "entourage effect blend" of small amount Peppermint, Orange, Lavandin and Frankincense. 

I wanted to try CBD Oil for help with withdrawal problems with sleep and anxiety.  It is one of few sleep aids that is safe and effective for those with COPD!  I'm anxious to try it, but wary.  I originally got stuck on Klonopin because of a panic disorder, which tapering has made much worse.  The first panic attack of my life was when I was stoned many decades ago, so I may have a sensitivity to THC.  So I'm leery of CBD Oil claims of being "THC-free" when there is no regulation.

Have any of you heard of this brand?

What would you guys recommend as a safe starter dose to test it out?

thanks!

clearbluesky

You may not have a sensitivity to THC, but a sensitivity to the terpenes in the strain you consumed. Indica strains tend to be more calming than Sativa (there are of course exceptions to this rule), so don’t rule out THC as a sleep/anxiety helper. Most CBD has a VERY low THC content so I doubt you would react to the minuscule amount that might be present. I have used Garden of Life vitamins in the past, but never tried their CBD oil so I can’t speak to that. The CBD I tried made me more anxious so I avoid it. There are plenty of people here that have benefited from it though.

Domo arigatou, kitsune556!  (From a fan of foxes and traditional Japanese folklore!)

Not an encouraging sign that it made you anxious, which is the last thing I need myself!

Anyone else have experience to share, please do tell!

thanks, 

clearbluesky 

I have not tried that brand -- I make my own tinctures from CBD flower bud. But my experience with CBD has been positive. It makes me calm, relaxed and, when I ingest it before bed, very sleepy.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Thanks, OregonKatz.  Sleepy would be very welcome here.  I've read to start out with a low dose.

If a dose of this product is "10 mg CBD per serving" would you recommend a starter dose of maybe 1/4 the eyedropper or less?  Unfortunately the eyedropper is not marked.  And it drips!

clear, 10 mgs is a pretty low dose. I think you should be okay with it. But if you wanted, you could try to cut the dose in half. I started out very low, then increased to the point where it did what I wanted it to do -- make me calm and relaxed! Put me to sleep!

Best to you,

Katz