Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[c4...]
CBD isolate doesn't seem to be doing anything for me these days. I tried sublingual CBN/THC microdose (2.5/0.5), it may help though I am not entirely sure. I wonder if I need more THC?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluffer, I use thc only indica infused edibles at bedtime and it’s helped a lot with sleep. CBD doesn’t work well for me.

For everyone here, I tried a Thc only sativa/indica terpene blended (not a hybrid strain) edible today and it was really nice. It made me feel calm but energetic and made the chocolate chip cookies I baked yesterday taste EXTRA amazing too.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[71...]

CBD isolate doesn't seem to be doing anything for me these days. I tried sublingual CBN/THC microdose (2.5/0.5), it may help though I am not entirely sure. I wonder if I need more THC?

0.5 mg THC is very little.  How did the CBN make you feel?

[c4...]

I have Microdose sublingual dissolving tablets. I can take as many as I want - each is actually 1mg CBN 0.5mg THC. I think they did this to allow people to titrate. When I first took it, it relaxed me. But now I’m not sure it does anything. Maybe I need to increase the dose. For those using THC, what dose do you recommend? I’m new to THC so I don’t want to overdo it, but I’d love to get some sedation / relaxation. Can it lower anxiety too? Is CBD good for healing the brain even though I don’t notice anything? I was thinking of finishing the bottle since I doubt it causes harm.

Thanks for your insights and thoughts!

Fluffer my gummies use 5 mg THC and they’re easy enough to cut in half so you can start at 2.5 mg if you want. I use two different gummies for sleep (not at the same time). One uses an indica strain and has 5 mg thc, the other uses a hybrid strain with 5 mg thc/1 mg CBN plus it’s infused with chamomile and lavender. They both work pretty well, the one with CBN makes me feel a little groggy in the morning. They are made by a company called Kiva Confections and as far as I know are only sold in California, but you might be able to find something similar where you live.

Excuse me jumping in here but I am experimenting to find a right dose too. Just started with gummies and cutting a Thc 5mgs Pink Kush in half. Great sleep the first night but waking after 4-5 hours last two nights. Don't you hate that middle of the night wide awake thing! I have no problem falling asleep especially as I am usually sleep deprived. I can never sleep  after 4 hours as a rule. 

Fluffer do you take a full 5mg gummie? Learning a lot here...what is CBN?

I really don't like the thought of ever increasing mgs. of mj. Is it usually the way it goes that you need more and more to put you to sleep?

Perhaps I will go back to the oil which is 1:1 thc/cbd 10mgs per ml.  Try increasing the amount. I'm always leary to take more.

Thanks for response from members.....

Friday, CBN is cannabinol. It’s what THC degrades to if exposed to heat and has the sleep inducing properties of THC without the psychoactive properties.

thanks Kitsune

I dont think I have seen it here in Canada.

May I ask how long you have been on the 5mg. edible for sleep.?

i am interested to learn if it still works well after some time.

For me I have success initially then the early am wake up resumes.

[c4...]

I tried THC 1.5mg plus CBN 3mg last night without any improvement in sleep. I have been sleeping 5.5 hours with about 6 wake ups. I also take a tiny mg Unisom. I took it with 75mg CBD oil (yeah, I’ve worked up to that but still no effect!) Could the CBD be inactivating the THC?

Thanks for all the expertise! I think I’ll try upping by 1mg THC tonight to 2.5mg. Back in the old days when I smoked marijuana, I never liked the feeling of a lot of THC so I’m trying to be conservative. Of course, back then (almost 30 years ago) who knew what we were getting. Haha.

Friday, I don’t use edibles every night, only when I know sleep is going to be hard to come by (I can usually tell by the day I had). I’ve been using them probably at least once a week since July and they are still effective. I haven’t seen a lot of CBN products, I just happened upon this particular company and decided to give it a go after a horrific wave over the summer.

Thanks for reply kitsune, so happy for you that you sleep most nights.

I would like to pose the same question to Oregon Katz or badsocref....."is it usual to have to keep increasing the dose of thc for sleep?"

Cheers

[71...]

Yes, it's common to have to increase your dose over time.  THC is a habituating drug.  Tolerance occurs.  Withdrawal can occur, but the symptoms pale in comparison to those of benzo withdrawal.  It's more on a level with caffeine withdrawal.

I increased my dose initially, but haven't increased it by any additional amount in at least 2-3 years.

Yes, friday, I had to increase my dose (and experiment with different strains) until I found one that worked well for me. And I've stayed at that dose and strain for a year. I expect that I might  develop tolerance, but I'll take an mj "vacation" at that point, then resume in a couple of weeks. I have other sleep-inducing strategies that I can resurrect to help me, so I'm not worried.  ;)

Best to you,

Katz

CBD seems to help me with sustained sleep if I take it daily, regardless of when I take it.  I make my own so I don’t know what strength it is since I haven’t tested it. Everyone will need a different amount so some experimentation is always needed to find the right dose.

This ncbi brief has some good info:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/

Excerpt:

A crossover study comparing CBD with nitrazepam found that high-dose CBD at 160 mg increased the duration of sleep.  Another crossover study showed that plasma cortisol levels decreased more significantly when given oral CBD, 300 to 600 mg, but these patients experienced a sedative effect.  The higher doses of CBD that studies suggest are therapeutic for anxiety, insomnia, and epilepsy may also increase mental sedation.  Administration of CBD via different routes and long-term use of 10 mg/d to 400 mg/d did not create a toxic effect on patients. Doses up to 1500 mg/d have been well tolerated in the literature.

interesting . I found the dose in the study to be much higher than my mj doctor recommends. I would need to take a lot more than I am now.

Does the /d after the Mg's mean per day?

Last night I took 10Mg's of my THC/cbd oil and still woke after 4 hours. I usually try for an hour or so to return to sleep. It didn't happen so I took 10Mg's of  only CBD oil and all told was awake for 4 hours during the night. So tired today. Maybe this is a wave but I am inclined to think that its just me!

Today I  received some THC only oil ordered from the government website. First time to use them. Thinking of trying it tonight but also a little

worried about it causing anxiety. Has anyone had anxiety from THC?

I know people are helped with Chamomile but it doesn't do much for me at present.......I think this virus stuff and lockdown doesn't help either.

Thanks Challis for your support.

Has anyone had anxiety from THC?

No, but I take indica. I understand that some people get anxious with sativa, but apparently they are/were not "regular" imbibers of mj. I suggest you find out if your THC is indica or sativa, just to be sure! If 10 mgs of your THC oil didn't work, maybe up the dose a bit?  As I explained, I had to adjust my dosage until I found the "goldilocks" amount.

Best,

Katz

[71...]

No, but I take indica. I understand that some people get anxious with sativa, but apparently they are/were not "regular" imbibers of mj. I suggest you find out if your THC is indica or sativa, just to be sure! If 10 mgs of your THC oil didn't work, maybe up the dose a bit?  As I explained, I had to adjust my dosage until I found the "goldilocks" amount.

Best,

Katz

Cannabis can bring me some anxiety/paranoia, but not very often.  Depends on my mental state, I guess.  I watch the terpene profiles and avoid strains that have high terpinoline/terpenine contents.  Those seem to rev me up instead of calming me down.

Best,

Katz

Hi Katz

thanks for reply. Its definitely Indica. I'm aware of the difference in effect. I used up my gummies last night . I had a half plus a quarter of a 5mg. Indica gummie left from a 2 pack. Equals 3.75mgs of just THC Think the lack of sleep helped me to get 7-8 hours out of 10 hours in bed. I do feel sedated this am Is that usual when starting out with just THC?

I asked about anxiety because I did wake up at 2am feeling quite anxious one night last week. I took some plain CBD oil and listened to a podcast and it resolved.

I will keep increasing slowly with the Indica only THC oil I have just received.

Thanks badsocref for input about terpenes . Is it always possible to know which terpenes are in a product? I'm fairly new to mj please excuse all the questions.

[71...]

It's quite normal to feel 'something' in the morning after taking some kind of THC at night.  I find the feeling relaxing.

You can usually ask to see the testing report when you purchase cannabis products.  If terpene testing was performed, that info should be in there someplace.  It's not a required test in every state.  fwiw - I started/ran/owned a testing lab until selling out this year.

I did wake up at 2am feeling quite anxious one night last week.

friday, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious, also. Usually it's a dream, some worry about my work, agitation about what's going on in the world. Something external. It's not my indica "wearing off" or not working. I usually listen to some mindless soothing music (lots of go-to-sleep music on youtube) or one of my go-to-sleep CDs and I drift back off.

I've found that Leafly gives you good profiles for mj. It lists terpenes for each strain and some of the effects you can expect. To answer your question, no, I usually feel "myself" in the morning.

:smitten:

Katz

am 28 months into withdrawal and it’s so intense. I haven’t touched anything or chanced anything since  this all began. I decided day one to never make the same mistake like I didn’t in taking benzos and letting my brain heal as naturally as possible...(organic low glutamate diet, no sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten) and I’ve taken no other medication. I’m in a brutal wave and have been wondering if CBD being natural may help although I am terrified to risk anything and make it worse. My biggest worry is does it affect the GABA A receptors that we need to heal and do their thing?

Just wondering what your experiences are with it in withdrawal as I research more. I want relief yet don’t want to rock the boat... my intuition is saying keep waiting it out naturally and don’t risk it... but I still figured that I would ask.

My remaining symptoms are crazy brain hyperactivity, bad burning mouth nerve pain and pressure, sound sensitivity, mood swings, bad head pressure, tinnitus... all stuff that calms in a window... can’t really exercise as it all revs up badly. I assume it’s from too much glutamate and not enough gaba.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am terrified of a setback but also would so love some relief without it hurting... I fear there is really only one way to find out...