Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[7e...]

Cannabis-induced sleep quality is considered to be much better than benzo-induced sleep quality. 

FOLLOWING

I hope to find how CBD is used specific for insomnia.

There's so much darn marketting hype (even on ncbi) getting to "Just the Facts Jack" - what to take and when, to SLEEP should NOT be so impossible to find.

THANK YOU all for the intel.

LC

Well, I can share my own experience. I find CBD to be activating. It does not help me sleep. I use a high THC tincture (I have a medical marijuana card) to help me sleep. Others seem to find relief with just CBD. Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find the definitive info you are looking for. The demonizing of CBD/marijuana means not enough research has been done.

Does a combination CBD and THC help>. I have heard of a product called Dream with a higher ratio of CBD.  I would like to try something to help me relax through this.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannabis-induced sleep quality is considered to be much better than benzo-induced sleep quality. 

FOLLOWING

I hope to find how CBD is used specific for insomnia.

There's so much darn marketting hype (even on ncbi) getting to "Just the Facts Jack" - what to take and when, to SLEEP should NOT be so impossible to find.

THANK YOU all for the intel.

LC

Well, I can share my own experience. I find CBD to be activating. It does not help me sleep. I use a high THC tincture (I have a medical marijuana card) to help me sleep. Others seem to find relief with just CBD. Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find the definitive info you are looking for. The demonizing of CBD/marijuana means not enough research has been done.

Does a combination CBD and THC help>. I have heard of a product called Dream with a higher ratio of CBD.  I would like to try something to help me relax through this.

I think it's trial and error for everyone unfortunately. I live in NJ where options are very limited. I find the higher CBD strains that have THC in them keep me awake. But that is me. I need high THC for sleep. Others CBD oil alone will help them sleep. Anything with CBD does help me with nausea though.

Reactions to CBD are, like everything else, varied. Low doses of CBD tend to be activating, high doses tend to be sedating. I make my own products with organic strains my brother grows. When I give products to friends, I ask for feedback on how it works or doesn’t work for them.  Some feel it helps with sleep by taking it before bed, some find it works for better overall sleep by taking it daily in the morning.

The most consistent/best results have occurred with muscle issues: pain and cramping.

These are not people who are dealing with benzodiazepine related issues, though.

Does CBD cause any issues gaba a receptors ? I am getting mixed results one day anxiety next low anxiety I using stanly bothers 60 mg not moro .42 l a day.

[7e...]
So, should I get a card and consult with a pharmacist at the dispensary?  I want to get off Ambien for sleep desperately.  I know ther has to be something that will help. 

A high TCH indica helps me sleep. I have been taking some variety of it for years. CBD does not help me sleep. Of course, everyone's different, but that's been my experience. I make my own tinctures. That way I do not have to smoke, or vape, and I know exactly what I'm getting. I'm about to make some indica Gummy Bears. That should be fun! And a different way to ingest the herb.

Hope this helps.

Katz

[9d...]

Off edibles I get paranoid.  I m taking CBD but it doesn't help me sleep so I'm taking melatonin.  Would you suggest any strain over the other as far as THC goes? 

B

Does CBD cause any issues gaba a receptors ? I am getting mixed results one day anxiety next low anxiety I using stanly bothers 60 mg not moro .42 l a day.

All that receptor talk still kind of eventually goes over my head, but what I can say, is there are different strains of CBD, just like THC, and some are Sativas, which could explain an increase in anxiety.

When you say Stanley Brothers, do you mean Charlotte's Web? Charlotte's Web is a Sativa CBD strain, which could be to blame. I take a tincture made with Cherry Wine, which is a Hybrid CBD strain. A Hybrid or Indica CBD strain made product might be more helpful.

All that receptor talk still kind of eventually goes over my head, but what I can say, is there are different strains of CBD, just like THC, and some are Sativas, which could explain an increase in anxiety.

When you say Stanley Brothers, do you mean Charlotte's Web? Charlotte's Web is a Sativa CBD strain, which could be to blame. I take a tincture made with Cherry Wine, which is a Hybrid CBD strain. A Hybrid or Indica CBD strain made product might be more helpful.

yes  Charlotte's Web  i talked realm caring they said to reduce the dosing see how it goes for  a month.  so know i only .2 l  12.5 mg that small dose.

I crashed and am in bad shape with sleep and trying to recover. I have a good indica flower..aphgani.  can I vape at 2 in the morning. Will thc be stimulating ? Has this worked for anyone? If I vape earlier it won’t help me that Tim of the night.

An indica shouldn't be stimulating. When I use them, they sedate me -- I use them for sleep.  When I used to vape, I felt the effects about 30 seconds after vaping -- it's almost instantaneous. So I wouldn't think you'd have a problem doing it in the middle of the night.

Nowadays for sleep I use an indica tincture that I make myself. It takes a little longer to work then vaping (technically it's an edible) but I start about 9 drinking my tincture (or eating my Gummi Bears -- just learned how to make THC Gummies!!) , and am sleepy around 11, and out like a light by midnight.

Right now the indica I am using is Mango OG. 

Hope this helps,

Katz

I saw a tv show on CBd. The scientists main concern was how it interferes with certain other drugs delivery. I think Valium was one of the drugs. Has anyone heard about this?

I saw a tv show on CBd. The scientists main concern was how it interferes with certain other drugs delivery. I think Valium was one of the drugs. Has anyone heard about this?

I have heard about this. The science is probably over my head, but I've seen a lot of folks say they space their benzo dose out a couple of hours from their CBD dose.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean cbd could cause tolerance? Are gaba receptors involved?

Yesterday, posted a comment on another CDB thread.

Didn't realize there was this--more active--medical cannabis thread.

Here is part of my response addressing CBD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28249817

"The potency of CBD increased and efficacy preserved in binary α1/α2β2 receptors indicating that their effects do not involve the classic benzodiazepine site."

More science based readable discussion: https://www.projectcbd.org/science/how-cbd-works

Many more studies are underway and more definitive medical use information will become available. Understand grants are becoming available due to new federal hemp production law.

Most medical related issues involving THC and CBD are anecdotal. US DEA prohibition per US research couple with US gov. holding patent rights on some aspects of CBD (see online US patent on CBD).

Cheers

BTW--feel free to pose any questions to me. I can provide experience based response and/or lead you to a source for your own research. Be more than happy to help. I am new and trying to find ways of engaging in the group.

"The potency of CBD increased and efficacy preserved in binary α1/α2β2 receptors indicating that their effects do not involve the classic benzodiazepine site."

More science based readable discussion: https://www.projectcbd.org/science/how-cbd-works

Many more studies are underway and more definitive medical use information will become available. Understand grants are becoming available due to new federal hemp production law.

Most medical related issues involving THC and CBD are anecdotal. US DEA prohibition per US research couple with US gov. holding patent rights on some aspects of CBD (see online US patent on CBD).

Cheers

BTW--feel free to pose any questions to me. I can provide experience based response and/or lead you to a source for your own research. Be more than happy to help. I am new and trying to find ways of engaging in the group.

So according to this Gaba receptors are involved... and that could be an issue for us ? I’m a right? Even is not in the Benzodiazepines site, it does bind to Gaba, preventing the receptors from healing?

Cheers

So according to this Gaba receptors are involved... and that could be an issue for us ? I’m a right? Even is not in the Benzodiazepines site, it does bind to Gaba, preventing the receptors from healing?

You know the topic of adjunct use of CBD and/or THC is still not definitive.

A search "CBD and gaba receptors" and "CBD and benzo tapering" yield all kinds of information. Some limited studies but the conclusion is that it does have an effect on serotonin and gaba receptors. (https://lift.co/magazine/discovery-cannabidiol-acts-gaba-neurons-explain-antiepileptic-properties). However, the effects are not anything close to benzos. THC and CBD are mostly attracted to CB1 and CB2 receptors. CBD modulates THC binding and diminishes it effect. It is a very interesting topic and if you have time can read all about it on internet.

It may be wise--if concerned--to wait until end of taper and try a vapor pen (order online Cannahemp--an approved product in all medical marijuana states and tested).

Still most use during tapering is anecdotal and you will see sites, blogs and videos with testimonials.

Even this Dr. suggests cannabis (https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2018/03/10-tips-help-patients-benzodiazepine-withdrawal.html).

An experienced cannabis user may be able to use either THC/CBD during tapering. One must  approach the use of THC gently as a new user. CBD has virtually no noticeable effect. In the 60's and 70's the old brick weed from Mexico had a good amount of CBD. Underground breeders began in 1980's to cull and test plants for strength meaning high THC. This proces resulted in the near extinguishment of CBD in the plant.  Health wise there is a symbiotic relationship between THC and CBD. However, breeders are now reversing course and producing high CBD cannabis plants (e.g., ACDC strain). Today all CBD for the most part is produced with non-psychoactive "hemp." Hemp production use to be one of the biggest USA industries (rope for ships) etc. The plant a weed has so many benefical uses and is great for the environment.

And I would only use products from medical legal states where testing is rigorous.

Cheers

I also take Zoloft. Can cbd affect this? If cbd inhibits the benzo from leaving the body, shouldn’t we avoid it?

Many people use cannabis even while on antidepressants. Read an article sometime back possibly on Leafy or Weed Maps.

I just don't know if it inhibits benzos from leaving the body. There are some links above from other members. 

Yesterday, came across a new National Geographic magazine at grocery store. All the lastest research per Cannabis--CBD and THC. To be pulled from shelf 12/24/19-it may answer your questions. The whole magazine is dedicated to the subject.

https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/medical-cannabis-greatly-reduces-use-of-benzodiazepine-in-patients-311484

https://home.liebertpub.com/publications/cannabis-and-cannabinoid-research/633

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/can.2018.0020

Certainly, there must be many individuals not associated with this forum that are using this method.

Personally, I am not. My goal is to taper off. So, I am not in a position to advocate this process.

All my links have been provided to do some leg work for those interested. Like mentioned in another comment I am new and wanted to find a way to engage in the group.

Cheers

My ability to use medical cannabis was severely impacted, for the worse, for about a year and a half, after quitting clonopin semi-cold turkey in December of 2017. Less than a year ago, I didn't believe that I'd ever be able to use cannabis again.  For the past few months, however, as my final post W/D symptoms slowly waned, I have recovered significantly, and am now able to benefit from medical cannabis once again, with no discomfort or other difficulty. 

We are all concerned about cbd and Gabaa.  Found this. Can anyone explain it?

When CBD binds GABAA receptor subtypes, it can support neurological anticonvulsant and anxiolytic action. It does not bind competitively with the benzodiazepine receptor2, and because it doesn’t have the same receptor location, it could potentially be effective in individuals who are resistant to benzodiazepines. This mechanism also gives the potential to tailor CBD to specific GABA receptors.2

Hello all

Have purchased the new National Geographic---special  "Marijuana Medicine" (cannabis--is a more appropriate term) issue publish in October 2019. Difficult to find locally so ordered online.

It will arrive next week (Monday). It is very detailed and includes all up to date research.

Shall read relevant sections--asap.

And report back to help clarify some of the above member questions about use along with references for you.

It also cover history of cannabis an interesting topic to explore for fun/interesting reading.

Cheers