Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I doubt the extraction process is that efficient. I soak the decarbed flower in vodka for at least five days, try to do longer. Used to use everclear which I thought worked better but can no longer get here. I know some dispensaries are now selling 10 mg thc lozenges and I would like to try them to see where my dosing really is. I would like to stop doing my crazy weed in the closet experiments!

Good idea. Might consider trying a 2 to 1/1 to 1 CBD to THC ratio. Of course, 0 to 1 is all THC. You will be surprised how strong a 10 mg edible can be. If they have gummy bears it is easier to adjust dose by splitting in half etc. Could even try micro-dosings small amounts around 1 to 2 mg. Have read about micro-dosing online--gaining popularity.

Cheers

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these tinctures thc or cbn? I crashed in Sept and sleep is a huge problem. First I started a 5 cbd to 1 thc tincture. Didn’t help. Yesterday I tried a 1 to 1 at 730pm. 1 drop. And another at 830. By 12 I was wide awake and it had worn off. Terrible sleep again. A dispensary here has a 9thc to 1 cbd. Specifically for sleep, my cns is compromised in wd and I’m afraid the would be too much. Any ideas or comments. These tinctures last for 3 or 4 hours. I need something that lasts for longer.

Magnolis

Yes, understand how quickly both oral and vaperized oils wear off. I have tinkered/experiemented and such appears to be the case with me too.

The research shows that CBN (see my post above) is a powerful sleep inducing compound. I have found a dispensary online in my state/city that includes about 2 to 1 THC to CBN ratio.

My experience with CBD alone is that it is non helpful for sleep. The research for its ability to induce sleep used large amounts for the study group. Not toxic of course, but, so much that the average person would be spending far too much money.

In fact, the lower the dose of CBD the more activating it can be as opposed to sedating.

Yes, 1 to 1 THC to CBD is recommended for sleep and other conditions.

All in all it is the THC that induces sleep. Along with the terpene profile. Terpenes all the key. Here is a good link explaining their effects: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/terpenes-the-flavors-of-cannabis-aromatherapy

If you can do a bit of research and then visit one of your more professionally trained dispensaries they ought to have a product for you to try.

An alternative to tincture is the gummies. They may last longer for the tinctures get into your system quickly and that may be why you only get four hours of relief.

Also, check out Mary's Medicinals--https://marysmedicinals.com/product/transdermal-patch-cbn/ and https://marysmedicinals.com/product/capsules-30-pack/

Maybe you can find these products or similar ones.

I am eager to get someones feedback on using the CBN for it is much more medicinal and more sedative than the run of the mill cannabis.

Cheers

Are these tinctures thc or cbn? I crashed in Sept and sleep is a huge problem. First I started a 5 cbd to 1 thc tincture. Didn’t help. Yesterday I tried a 1 to 1 at 730pm. 1 drop. And another at 830. By 12 I was wide awake and it had worn off. Terrible sleep again. A dispensary here has a 9thc to 1 cbd. Specifically for sleep, my cns is compromised in wd and I’m afraid the would be too much. Any ideas or comments. These tinctures last for 3 or 4 hours. I need something that lasts for longer.

Magnolis,

I make my own tinctures as I live in a place with very limited product. I have no access to anything with cbn. I use a very high thc strain for sleep ... almost no cbd. a 1:1 keeps me awake all night If I were you I would try the 9:1 ratio. That should help with sleep. For me, they help me sleep all night. Maybe take it later at night? I take mine around 9:30 and go to bed 10 or 10:30.

I have a tincture recipe I can send you in a PM. It's an alcohol-based tincture, not oil-based. I either make Gummi Bears with it or measure some out into a small glass of cranberry juice. (The taste of the raw tincture is vile). LMK if you want me to send it.

Katz

Back in November when I was still reeling from my jump I decided to try some cannabis to help ease the anxiety I was experiencing, it seemed to help some (smoking via pipe). I’m wondering if anyone has tried the Ice Cream Cake strain and how it worked for you (that’s the strain I have— it’s a high THC, low CBD hybrid). I haven’t tried smoking again as I’m nervous that now that I’m doing somewhat better it might throw things out of whack.

Hello all I was steered here by Zurek. I'm on day 14 completely off diazepam and I'm having a lot of stomach/GI issues. Michigan legalized weed last year and we are starting to see some shops open up with stock on the shelves. I'm wondering what would be the best strain to choose that doesn't cause much anxiety and has the best chance of helping with stomach/appetite problems.

WeTrudge, for less anxiety, I used and still use a CBD product. CBD works to help anxiety by lowering blood pressure.

For appetite (not sure about strains that help stomach issues) I used and still use a THC indica. Indicas give you "the munchies" and in higher doses produce "couch lock" which is why I use an indica at night for sleeping. Any strain with Kush in the name is likely an indica. Your dispensary will be helpful.

Don't be shy about asking your dispensary for recommendations. If it were me, and I was not used to ingesting cannabis, I would start with edibles. There are plenty to choose from. CBD Gummies is where I'd start. Something that has 10 or 15 mgs of CBD.

Likewise, for appetite increase, I would use an indica edible. Again, maybe a Gummi -- 10 or 15 mgs. Start low and slow.

THC edibles don't "kick in" for maybe an hour or two, so see how you go before you conclude the mj is not "working".

And with CBD, you will not notice anything except relief from the condition you're using it for e.g anxiety, bad knees (yes, it's useful for inflammatory conditions, too). Some ppl use CBD for sleep and this makes sense as it reduces your anxiety and maybe calms you enough so you can get to sleep. However, I need more help, hence my use of an indica.

So, just some thoughts.

Good luck.

Katz

Have you checked out Leafly.com? They have a wealth of information about different strains for specific issues. My understanding is that Indica strains are best for avoiding anxiety (and typically are calming), but that isn't always the case, so that's where a site like Leafly can be helpful.

Hello all I was steered here by Zurek. I'm on day 14 completely off diazepam and I'm having a lot of stomach/GI issues. Michigan legalized weed last year and we are starting to see some shops open up with stock on the shelves. I'm wondering what would be the best strain to choose that doesn't cause much anxiety and has the best chance of helping with stomach/appetite problems.

I've got another question, I was told to stay away from CBD because it acts on the same receptors as benzos and can cause setbacks. I would really love to find something to help with sleep and anxiety (and in turn that will probably help with the neck/shoulder/back muscle tension I have). The county in CA I live in doesn't allow brick and mortar dispensaries so we only have delivery services, which makes it tricky to ask about different products and strains that might help with my particular symptoms. However, beings CBD doesn't have the same restrictions as THC based products there are lots of stores that carry it. Also, does anyone have any info or experience with CBN? I was reading a little bit about it last night and it seems like it might be useful too.

WeTrudge, for less anxiety, I used and still use a CBD product. CBD works to help anxiety by lowering blood pressure.

For appetite (not sure about strains that help stomach issues) I used and still use a THC indica. Indicas give you "the munchies" and in higher doses produce "couch lock" which is why I use an indica at night for sleeping. Any strain with Kush in the name is likely an indica. Your dispensary will be helpful.

Don't be shy about asking your dispensary for recommendations. If it were me, and I was not used to ingesting cannabis, I would start with edibles. There are plenty to choose from. CBD Gummies is where I'd start. Something that has 10 or 15 mgs of CBD.

Likewise, for appetite increase, I would use an indica edible. Again, maybe a Gummi -- 10 or 15 mgs. Start low and slow.

THC edibles don't "kick in" for maybe an hour or two, so see how you go before you conclude the mj is not "working".

And with CBD, you will not notice anything except relief from the condition you're using it for e.g anxiety, bad knees (yes, it's useful for inflammatory conditions, too). Some ppl use CBD for sleep and this makes sense as it reduces your anxiety and maybe calms you enough so you can get to sleep. However, I need more help, hence my use of an indica.

So, just some thoughts.

Good luck.

Katz

Thanks for the information, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Katz,

Could I have the recipe for making gummies? Do you feel the indica solves the relentless sleep issue. Vaping doesn’t last long enough. I need an edible for longer relief.

Thanks

Mag

Here’s mine:

Scant 1/4 cup gelatin (300 bloom)

1/3 C organic sugar

1/4 C tapioca syrup (or corn syrup)

1/4 t ascorbic acid

1 C water

Mix dry ingredients

Mix wet ingredients

Add cannabis tincture. Mine is strong, I use 1/2T. 

Add flavor, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of concentrate.

Add wet to dry, mixing slowly to avoid bubbles. Let gelatin bloom, about ten minutes.

Microwave for 30 seconds, stir gently. Repeat three times til liquid is steaming and sugar is dissolved.

Pour into molds, let set 20-30 minutes then refrigerate for another half hour.

Done.

You can also (easier) use a 3 ounce packet of Jello and add 1 T of gelatin and a half cup of water instead of the recipe above.

I make sleep tincture from old THC indica..the older the better.  Or expose THC indica to heat and light for a few weeks to convert the THC to CBN, which is what happens naturally over time. Or...toast in toaster oven all day for about a week at around 175-200 degrees.

Mag, I'll send you a PM. The Gummi recipe also includes the recipe for making a tincture. Kinda too long to post here, I thought.

:smitten:

Katz

I personally use iSum.com Cannabis oil, and it does help me a bit. It's not really a noticeable feeling like you get from THC and obviously has no mind-altering effects. But it does help me relax a little bit.

The problem is that it's not really regulated and it's easy to shop around online and wind up buying something that is pure trash

The problem is that it's not really regulated and it's easy to shop around online and wind up buying something that is pure trash

Sad, but true, amanda. In time we'll get better (or some) standards.

:-\

Katz

[57...]

It's a bit like the supplements market.  There are mostly reputable companies, but there's definitely a little slime out there.  More than one company has put our lab name on products that we did not test.  States are enacting laws, and as that information and company reputation gets better known, I think the consistency will improve.  One big problem is the way the government defines hemp, but that's a rant for a different post...

There's always going to be some guy with the unbelievable special at the flea market...  (don't buy it).

It could help.  While it probably won't cover all symptoms, it might help take the edge off some of them.  You'll have to tinker a bit to find a dose that works for you.

A 40kg female friend of mine uses 40-50 mg at night to help her sleep. 

I'm more like 80kg and 40 mg calms anxious feelings, but doesn't make me sleepy at all.  Actually gives me energy and makes me feel a bit warm.

Isn't that a lot? Is that cannabis or hemp?

You might start out with a small dose -- maybe 10 or 15 mgs -- of either CBD or THC. I suggest going to a dispensary and buying an edible. Then you will know how a small dose affects you, and can titrate up from that if you want to.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I can get a 10mg capsule of Grand Daddy Purple oil edible. How is a capsule different from a gummie? Any way to split a capsule in half? Is it ok to use this if you have some wd .?

Mag, here's an article about the "new" THC pills i.e. capsules.

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/thc-pills/

imo 10 mgs is not a big dose. But if you are not used to even that much THC, maybe take half the capsule. Never having seen one, I'm not sure if you just open it up and dump out half the contents or what. The last thing you want is too much THC on board. However, given that Grandaddy Purple is a famous indica strain, reputed to help with pain, sleep, and nausea, at least it won't make you feel weird as a sativa would.

Capsules and Gummies are both edibles -- they get into your system through your stomach. Unlike CBD you will feel something from your GD Purple capsule. Probably great relaxation, the "munchies", and "couch lock". But it is psychoactive . . . unlike CBD which just makes me a little calm and mellow.

As for using it while you have wd, I used an indica (I vaped flower bud) all during my taper. It was very helpful for nausea and sleep.

Let us know how it goes?

Best,

:smitten:

Katz