Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I have been using medical marijuana on a daily basis (really don't know how much--I make a tincture, I buy about 3/4 of an ounce of flower from the dispensary every quarter or less and the tincture lasts me at least three to four months) for nearly a year, for sleep and nausea. I have noticed the last few days I have been getting really sleepy without the marijuana, so this weekend I didn't use and slept fine. I do have some lingering nausea and a slight headache I think from not using the marijuana.

Should marijuana be tapered? I would like to now use only as needed (I actually did feel I needed it every night for the past year) and not everyday but don't want to go through any sort of withdrawal from this on top of everything else.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using medical marijuana on a daily basis (really don't know how much--I make a tincture, I buy about 3/4 of an ounce of flower from the dispensary every quarter or less and the tincture lasts me at least three to four months) for nearly a year, for sleep and nausea. I have noticed the last few days I have been getting really sleepy without the marijuana, so this weekend I didn't use and slept fine. I do have some lingering nausea and a slight headache I think from not using the marijuana.

Should marijuana be tapered? I would like to now use only as needed (I actually did feel I needed it every night for the past year) and not everyday but don't want to go through any sort of withdrawal from this on top of everything else.

Normally I wouldn't necessarily recommend tapering, but in our case, I'd consider it.

I've also noticed lately that I no longer have to take Indica edibles every night to sleep...melatonin, either. Exciting developments! Congrats to you!

Does it means that one persona can heal even if using MJ? Cause that’s my biggest fear, I wanna try, but since there is no enough research, I don’t know if MJ can be a problem in my healing process! Thank you 😊

Normally I wouldn't necessarily recommend tapering, but in our case, I'd consider it.

I've also noticed lately that I no longer have to take Indica edibles every night to sleep...melatonin, either. Exciting developments! Congrats to you!

Wow this is so encouraging... how long did you use Mj before this happened ?

For those of you using CBD or MM, what kind are you using? I am looking for something to help with muscle stiffness and pain. Thanks!

I've recently become acquainted with "cannabis oil"....25:1 high CBD.  The cultivar is "AC/DC".

Helps a lot with relaxing but I must admit defeat regarding my insomnia issue.  Very little sleep over the past 3 weeks...too much going on, and feeling anxious and over extended. 

But if I gotta feel like death warmed over, I rather be high.  Hah!

[12...]

I don't think there's a need to taper cannabis.  It's only about as addictive as caffeine.  Withdrawal is usually pretty mellow - maybe a headache or some very minor nausea.  A night or two of some degree of insomnia is common as is some irritability.  But this usually abates in just a few days.  In my experience, the withdrawal is very minor.

Sunflower67 - I haven't seen many people get direct relief from cannabis for muscle stiffness.  However, if the cannabis relaxes your mind, then your body may follow suit (muscle stiffness is often tied to anxiety).  So I'd suggest any strain that helps calm your mind.  In theory, strains that are high in linalool and myrcene should be good candidates.  Purple OG Kush is among the highest in both of these terpenes that we've seen in the testing lab.  Shoki also looks promising.  There are others.  Talk to the bud master and ask to see the CoA when you select your strain to help you decide on an appropriate strain. 

For those of you using CBD or MM, what kind are you using? I am looking for something to help with muscle stiffness and pain. Thanks!

I just got a cbd pen and it seems to work great so far....today is the first day.

It’s called select cbd.

Helped a lot with my IBS

Blossom

So, I’ve been reading this thread for so many days, cause some people here knows a LOT, but  I just want to know, in here there’s a lot of references and people saying that MJ can interact in a bad way with GABA (even some ppl think that works in a similar way Benzos does ) but at the same time there’s a lot of people that seems to be cool with it... I’m not judging, not at all, maybe I want to hear something to calm me down and be cool with it too... because i really need to sleep.... Any thoughts? 

Where's Scooby when you need him??  8)

I did read an article, linked on another weed thread, that gave me some reassurance.

But

for me

After 5 1/2 years of this shit, I'm willing to risk it.

I do find it very helpful for handling my symptoms.

I've recently become acquainted with "cannabis oil"....25:1 high CBD.  The cultivar is "AC/DC".

Helps a lot with relaxing but I must admit defeat regarding my insomnia issue.  Very little sleep over the past 3 weeks...too much going on, and feeling anxious and over extended. 

AC/DC and high CBD strains or CBD oil often are more energizing than sedating. I only use AC/DC during the daytime. I need the opposite ratio of CBD to THC to sleep.

Wow this is so encouraging... how long did you use Mj before this happened ?

I used it throughout my 13 month taper and in the 23 months since I jumped.

Overall, I've been using THC for 27 years and CBD for 5 years. I've been a medical marijuana patient for the last 7 years.

CBD has never really worked (at least, not on its own) for me for sleep; I take it in the morning, along with ashwaganda, to help with anxiety.

My mom, however, does take CBD for sleep, and it puts her out like a light!

Love that last line...we think alike...I'd rather be high too.  :laugh:

I am thinking of trying CBD oil this summer and wondered about recommendations. I want to try some without any THC in it. I am dealing with anger and anxiety around my family.

Just sent you a pm. Don’t know how to share the link. I gave you the reps name. I didn’t ask her if it was okay to put in this site but I will. G

Zilis ultra cell full spectrum. Tested at the Mayo clinic. 94% absorption rate, water based. No THC. Georgie

Georgie, what benefits does this have for you? Lil

Helps with my anxiety. Can’t say for sure but I’ve needed less blood pressure meds and thyroid. It takes awhile to find the right dosage. I was actually using too much. I use 2 drops in the morning and 2 in the evening. I never would’ve considered it but my doctor recommended it. She believes it’s going to change the medical practice in the next few years. She actually uses it for stomach problems. G

Helps with my anxiety. Can’t say for sure but I’ve needed less blood pressure meds and thyroid. It takes awhile to find the right dosage. I was actually using too much. I use 2 drops in the morning and 2 in the evening. I never would’ve considered it but my doctor recommended it. She believes it’s going to change the medical practice in the next few years. She actually uses it for stomach problems. G

Georgie will you pm the link to me also?  I looked it up but there’s different kinds. Thanks Lil xx

Georgie will you pm the link to me also?  I looked it up but there’s different kinds. Thanks Lil xx

Hi...me, too, please?  I PM'd you on this & just saw above post.  Was going to post "following" here, so I'd be able to find it again & figured I may as well make request here.  (Sorry to duplicate to you.)  Thanks!!!

Wondering if someone can help me with MATH with dosing cannabis oil (homemade).

I used 1/4 ounce (so 7 grams I think) of a 1:1 strain, said THC was 7 and CBD was 7.

I am infusing this into 1/2 cup olive oil.

I would like to begin with a 5 mg dose of THC. I think that means I should take 1/4 ounce of the oil. Is this correct? I am trying to use an online calculator. I find this very confusing.

Thanks for any advice.

Wondering if someone can help me with MATH with dosing cannabis oil (homemade).

I used 1/4 ounce (so 7 grams I think) of a 1:1 strain, said THC was 7 and CBD was 7.

I am infusing this into 1/2 cup olive oil.

I would like to begin with a 5 mg dose of THC. I think that means I should take 1/4 ounce of the oil. Is this correct? I am trying to use an online calculator. I find this very confusing.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey there NJ, I nearly lost my mind trying to figure this out myself.  :crazy:  Seriously it’s so confusing and intimidating isn’t it? This is the calculator I use. I’m excited they’ve recently added the cbd calculations as well.

https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator/

I’ll try to talk you through and keep it as simple as possible.

When I enter those numbers I get 490 mgs of both thc and cbd each for the entire infusion.

The amount of mgs per teaspoon is 20.42.

I calculate how many mgs are in each drop. I ignore all the calculations for serving size and use the teaspoon mg number alone to determine this. There are roughly 100 drops in a teaspoon. Actually according to google there are 98 but hey I don’t need to be that perfect I use 100 because the math is easier.

If a teaspoon contains 100 drops all I do to calculate this is divide 20.42 by 100. Make sense?

20.42 / 100 = 0.20 mgs per drop. That’s two tenths of a mg per drop. Therefore....

5 drops = 1 mg

25 drops = 5 mgs

I usually take a screen shot of my calculations to label my infusions and also for reference. If you make a few infusions it does become easier I promise! I finally invested in one of these since I make a lot of infused oils.

https://ardentcannabis.com/

Hope this makes it a little easier to understand.

:smitten: