Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

In addition to the stomach issues easing (I have them too)  did you notice anything else getting easier as you went down?

I used to get involuntary jaw clenching for a few days after a taper. Haven't had that in a long time. Sleeping better. More REM sleep according to my fitbit.. although it's been known to say I'm in deep sleep when it's on my side table. :-) But I'm remembering more dreams again.

In addition to the stomach issues easing (I have them too)  did you notice anything else getting easier as you went down?

I used to get involuntary jaw clenching for a few days after a taper. Haven't had that in a long time. Sleeping better. More REM sleep according to my fitbit.. although it's been known to say I'm in deep sleep when it's on my side table. :-) But I'm remembering more dreams again.

I've heard other people who have tapered Clonzapam say they felt better as they got lower.  Meaning emotionally better.  Did you have that experience?

Hi everybody !

I’m a new one in this forum and want to ask some help!

Is there anybody, who tried to take off the Klonopin too fast and when want to start it again can’t stabilize? I have made a big mistake and came down from 1 mg Klonopin in one month. ( I didn’t know about it anything ) After a few weeks I felt terrible. All the withdrawal simptoms were there, so I started to take it again. Now I’m on 1,5 mg, but no stabilization. What can I do? Tape or increase the doses? Or switch to something else?

Thank you

I tried twice to taper at a rapid rate and both times reinstated at my full 1 mg.

How long since you have increased your dose? It can take a little while sometimes to feel better.

I honestly don't think I have ever been as completely stable as I was before I started tapering all those years ago. I am mostly fine but still have depression/anxiety and a lot of GI problems that have never truly gone away for good. I am now taking .75 mg down from my 1 mg after a very bad year that caused me to updose significantly. I wonder if I went all the way up to 1 mg or more if I could get that stability but for now I guess hanging on mostly okay while dealing with significant stress in my personal life is the path I am choosing.

I have not updosed my benzo but can sharw.feomu experiencing updosing on the last medication I tapered, which was Lamictal.

I had started to struggle in my taper and I updosed  from 8.4 mgs to 10mgs.  Unfortunately, it was too much and I ended up becoming shaky and hyper. I could not stabilize.  I dropped down to 9.5 and then to 9.  This helped for a bit till I started having a paradoxical reaction to the medication and had to come off quickly.

I was advised at Surviving Antidepressants that updosing can be done in very small increments because once we start withdrawing, our  nervous systems become so sensitive, that  up dosing too much can destabilize us. I only share this from my experience. 

There may be other buddies who have other advice.

What were you thinking of switching to? 

Hi!

I have been trying to updose and stabilize the doses for more than a month. First I’ve tried with 0,75 mg, but that was not enough. Then after three weeks I,ve increased the doses to 1,5 mg for my doctor’s advice. It doesn’t work. I can’t do anything. It’s like after CT. No it’s not true, a little bit better. Waiting ? I,m desperate...

I have not updosed my benzo but can sharw.feomu experiencing updosing on the last medication I tapered, which was Lamictal.

I had started to struggle in my taper and I updosed  from 8.4 mgs to 10mgs.  Unfortunately, it was too much and I ended up becoming shaky and hyper. I could not stabilize.  I dropped down to 9.5 and then to 9.  This helped for a bit till I started having a paradoxical reaction to the medication and had to come off quickly.

I was advised at Surviving Antidepressants that updosing can be done in very small increments because once we start withdrawing, our  nervous systems become so sensitive, that  up dosing too much can destabilize us. I only share this from my experience. 

There may be other buddies who have other advice.

What were you thinking of switching to?

Hi!

I was thinking of switching to diazepam, but no doctor in Hungary who prescribe diazepam ( we don’t have Valium, just Seduxen and they don’t like it.To switch to xanax or frontin I think is not the best way because of the short halftime.

Hi,

I'm am not familiar with switching over so maybe someone else can help. 

Also, posting on the main withdrawal thread may get you more responses. 

This thread is just hopefully starting to get more response but not there yet.

Another night of bad sleep, which always makes me feel worse about my chances of getting off this medication.

I've done four, .001micro cuts since July 31st.  Trying to do a 4% taper for the month but will settle for 3% if that's all I can do.

I hope others tapering Klonopin will join this this support group. 

Hi!

I have been trying to updose and stabilize the doses for more than a month. First I’ve tried with 0,75 mg, but that was not enough. Then after three weeks I,ve increased the doses to 1,5 mg for my doctor’s advice. It doesn’t work. I can’t do anything. It’s like after CT. No it’s not true, a little bit better. Waiting ? I,m desperate...

I hope you feel better soon. I have no advice for you as my reinstatments and updoses have always mostly worked.

I've heard other people who have tapered Clonzapam say they felt better as they got lower.  Meaning emotionally better.  Did you have that experience?

Yes. I've only had stomach symptoms the last year. Last time I had anxiety was over a year ago when I tried microtapering... 12 days in and anxiety spiked... held and then back to lower .03mg cut/hold which works best for me. Only five more days to off!

Yes. I've only had stomach symptoms the last year. Last time I had anxiety was over a year ago when I tried microtapering... 12 days in and anxiety spiked... held and then back to lower .03mg cut/hold which works best for me. Only five more days to off!

That is good to hear that the emotional symptoms got better for you.  I have struggled with lots of depression and anxiety. It just devastates me.  When you say cut and hold ,would you do a couple of small cuts and then hold or one large cut and then hold for the month? 

I'm so happy you will be getting off in 5 days!

Hey guys not doing good at all. I’m shaking all day and going into muscle clonisims. My brain feels like it’s full of concrete. I Really need to stabilize. Can’t take this much longer. I’m having seizure like symptoms all day and I still have .875 to go. I’m considering lamictal homestly. What do you guys think.?

That is good to hear that the emotional symptoms got better for you.  I have struggled with lots of depression and anxiety. It just devastates me.  When you say cut and hold ,would you do a couple of small cuts and then hold or one large cut and then hold for the month? 

I'm so happy you will be getting off in 5 days!

Thank you! I'm sorry you've been struggling. I hope things improve. My cut/hold schedule is in my signature. I've been doing small 0.03mg cuts and then holding about 16-17 days lately. So I guess one small cut and medium hold. You really have to find what works for you unfortunately... the daily microtapering definitely didn't work for me. Before that I only had increased anxiety days 4-7 after a cut - sometimes only 2 days sometimes 3 or all 4 days.

Hello, no longer!  Good to “see” you on this thread.  Are you still using compounded pills for your taper?  Are they working ok for you?  L

Greek,

I'm sorry you are not doing well.  Would it help to start splitting your dose while you taper?

No Longer - I am wondering - with the microtaper that you were doing before that didn't work, was it because you were using liquid, do you think?  Or just the small cuts every day in general, had you feeling bad all the time versus a cut/hold, which was an initial shock but then allowed your brain/body to catch up? 

Don't blame yourself, Greek.  These medications often don't play fair.  Some would have had no issue cutting like you did after short term use.  Just try to move forward now the best you can.  You can do it!

But I'm interested in what Nomore has to say about the daily microtapering - whether it was the liquid itself causing the issue or the daily cuts versus cut and hold.  I'm still trying to find what works for me.  I'm currently doing a daily dry microtaper using the .125 mg ODT wafers but am trying to tweak it.  I know DMT is supposed to be more gentle but I think that cut and hold has its benefits because you can really feel when you get back to a baseline with it versus many microcuts adding up.  I know everyone is different in their situations, etc.

Don't blame yourself, Greek.  These medications often don't play fair.  Some would have had no issue cutting like you did after short term use.  Just try to move forward now the best you can.  You can do it!

But I'm interested in what Nomore has to say about the daily microtapering - whether it was the liquid itself causing the issue or the daily cuts versus cut and hold.  I'm still trying to find what works for me.  I'm currently doing a daily dry microtaper using the .125 mg ODT wafers but am trying to tweak it.  I know DMT is supposed to be more gentle but I think that cut and hold has its benefits because you can really feel when you get back to a baseline with it versus many microcuts adding up.  I know everyone is different in their situations, etc.

I'm back to being confused as well. Just discovered the scale I have been using was really off today and may have been for the past two days. Dont know whether I've been over or under. Switching back to an old scale I had and now

just have to hold.  This process is so wearing. I too an considering going back to cut and hold.  I havent slept so all decisions are being put off till tomorrow. 

...But I'm interested in what Nomore has to say about the daily microtapering - whether it was the liquid itself causing the issue or the daily cuts versus cut and hold.  I'm still trying to find what works for me.  I'm currently doing a daily dry microtaper using the .125 mg ODT wafers but am trying to tweak it.  I know DMT is supposed to be more gentle but I think that cut and hold has its benefits because you can really feel when you get back to a baseline with it versus many microcuts adding up.  I know everyone is different in their situations, etc.

hey Mom,

i haven't begun the actual reducing dosage/taper part of the DLMT yet, i just switched to all liquid version of my clonazepam and my CNS has been adjusting to that change. you know how any change in the meds, whether dosage, brand/generic change, liquid/pill form, dietary changes, weather changes/environmental, stresses, family/personal issues, all these act similarly on the CNS. CNS don't give a rat's ass if it's a change in dose or a change in time you take your dose, all it cares is "you CHANGED something!! i DON'T LIKE IT!!" lol. my CNS is a 4 year old and very spoiled, hates changes and surprises. but anyways, i will be sure to keep ya posted of whatever happens when i start the actual reductions on friday if all goes well.

Nomoredrugsforme:

You nailed it in that changing from a tab to a liquid is a change worthy of consideration.  I'm impressed and interested in

who found you a liquid C.  Is this a prescription or is this your own solution?

Just curious so I can pass on this great information.

Good luck in stabilizing this week and I wish you smooth sailing in your taper :thumbsup:

Klonkar

Nomoredrugsforme:

You nailed it in that changing from a tab to a liquid is a change worthy of consideration.  I'm impressed and interested in

who found you a liquid C.  Is this a prescription or is this your own solution?

Just curious so I can pass on this great information.

Good luck in stabilizing this week and I wish you smooth sailing in your taper :thumbsup:

Klonkar

thx Klonkar!

here's the stuff i use to make my clonazepam solution:

1mg clonazepam + 1ml 190 proof alcohol + 9ml distilled H2O = 10ml clonazepam solution

that's for 1 day

i just add a ml of 190 proof alcohol to dissolve my (finicky) ACCORD generic pills, then i add 9ml of H2O or apple juice lol to the cup and pour my daily doses for that day into old RX bottles and fridge em.

to make 10 days of solution, just multiply everything by 10.

10mg clonazepam + 10ml 190 proof alcohol + 90ml distilled H2O = 100ml clonazepam solution

this is what i take my daily doses from with a syringe using the Jim Hawk online calculator.

it threw me for a loop a few days when i switched to the alcohol solvent and H2O liquid version of my clonazepam, but now the dust has settled.

if you don't like the alcohol (just a few drops really) you can use propylene glycol as the solvent instead. has a sweet taste. either works. i'm vegan (mostly) lol, so i don't do milk. plus the calories and i don't wanna use nut milks cause  my other liquid med doses are using a combination of tart cherry juice concentrate and apple juice, and i take some doses together, so it wouldn't settle in my stomach too good. but fatty whole milk and nut milks, soy milk etc work well (so i've heard.)  :)

Sorry, I meant question for nolongeranxiousbut.  Posting again as I realized 2nd time, I said Nomore.

No Longer - I am wondering - with the microtaper that you were doing before that didn't work, was it because you were using liquid, do you think?  Or just the small cuts every day in general, had you feeling bad all the time versus a cut/hold, which was an initial shock but then allowed your brain/body to catch up?

Great questions Mof7! I hope nolongeranxious will respond.  I’m also curious to learn if she is still using compounded pills and, if so, what strategy she and her compounding pharmacist devised to determine how many pills at what strengths she would need for her taper.

Hello, no longer!  Good to “see” you on this thread.  Are you still using compounded pills for your taper?  Are they working ok for you?  L

hi! Still compounded pills and they're working great... I feel fine... only 9 pills left! 8 in 15 minutes. Looking forward to not dosing clonazepam 3 times a day. At 0.015 total a day and will go from that to zero.