Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

i'm so exhausted, can't sleep and my tinnitus is so loud it prevents me from relaxing. i feel so hopeless. it's really annoying that i can derail so quickly after one week of nearly no sleep :(

Are you still on thyroid medication?  I found out that I was on too high of a dose of thyroid medication and it exacerbated my symptoms.

yes i am, but i was stable last time we checked ( two months ago)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Can changing brands/generics make a difference.stories from people that it affected when the chemist has given you a different brand/generic.  Please.

Can changing brands/generics make a difference.stories from people that it affected when the chemist has given you a different brand/generic.  Please.

I had it switched half way taper. I do think it made a difference but with time i stabilized again anyway. It wasn't that bad. i went from the brand to a generic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so exhausted but i have adrenaline rushes all the time, can't walk, my shoulders almost dislocates everytime i use my arm. It's horrible :( i really hope i start stabilizing on the 8 mg soon. but the akathesia at night prevents me from sleeping

This has been my Seroquel taper so far.

Very few sxs except for the last week when I have had some back and neck tension.

Also clenching my teeth.

Seroquel taper began

19th Sept 17

150mgs XR

To 100mgs XR and 25mgs IR

17% reduction

26th Sept 17

125 mgs XR

To 100 mgs XR

20% reduction

5th Oct 17

100 XR

To 50 mgs XR and 25 mgs IR

25% reduction

19th Oct 17

50 mgs XR and 25 mgs IR

To 50 mgs XR and 12.5 mgs IR

62.5 mgs

I am in the UK

Since end of Oct I have been using Rosemont liquid Seroquel prescribed by GP.

It is expensive at £95 a bottle.

1mil=20mgs.

It has a shelf life of 2 years but expires 28 days after opening WTF!!!!

I am now down to 24mgs and hope to taper off this dose in next 44 days.

Watch this space. If it takes longer so be it.

• 1 month later...

hey there, as some of you might know, I used low dose seroquel (25-50mg) for 6-9months or so to aid (successfully) with benzo w/d insomnia. later on I rapid tapered and stopped with minor s/x (3 days of anxiety), and no sleeping issues. thats where i stopped posting here. later on a bad episode of insomnia hit me again, and I started using S again (no more then 25mg) for 1-2 months or so. I stopped essentially C/T, and had basically no issues, other then 1-2 days of a bit more anxiety (felt like adrenaline rush), which left quickly.

bottom line, both times, getting of a low dose, was very easy. so stay strong.

I noticed also that S most likely caused some nasty s/x even at low dose.  pretty much after stopping S, 90% of weird muscle/neurological symptoms went away. they were mostly strange twitches/tics and other sensations which you couldn't see, but I noticed.

good luck all

Thanks for that loco.

I have had the same experience tapering from 150 mgs to zero as of yesterday.

You can see my taper rate above.

The last 25 mgs I tapered by purchasing junior/baby paracetamol/Tylenol syrup.

I dissolved a 25 mg pill in 10 mil of very warm water for an hour.

I then added 20 mil of above syrup and stirred well to suspend dissolved 25 mg Seroquel.

I now had 30 mil and the tiny bits of pill were suspended in solution.

First night I drew out 1 mil

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

This last 25 mgs has been fairly uneventful.

Sleep has been good.

I searched high and low for info on Seroquel tapering and could find little info.

There is a good page on surviving antidepressants.

My conclusion is that I tapered 150 mgs in a little over 3 months with a few sxs mentioned in previous post.

So compared to benzos it is not that difficult.

Compared to CT from Citalopram it is easy!

Hope this helps those who follow👍

Glad it worked out for you JP.

I'm not sure if I should get rid of my 25mg S before I taper V or not. My morning / wake up are dreadful and looking back in my diary to Nov 16 when I started Seroquel I didn't get the awful dread and fear when waking that I do now. So I'm between a rock and a hard place. Could it be the Seroquel giving me cortisol or adrenaline rushes on waking or is it just the V.

Staz

hey there, as some of you might know, I used low dose seroquel (25-50mg) for 6-9months or so to aid (successfully) with benzo w/d insomnia. later on I rapid tapered and stopped with minor s/x (3 days of anxiety), and no sleeping issues. thats where i stopped posting here. later on a bad episode of insomnia hit me again, and I started using S again (no more then 25mg) for 1-2 months or so. I stopped essentially C/T, and had basically no issues, other then 1-2 days of a bit more anxiety (felt like adrenaline rush), which left quickly.

bottom line, both times, getting of a low dose, was very easy. so stay strong.

I noticed also that S most likely caused some nasty s/x even at low dose.  pretty much after stopping S, 90% of weird muscle/neurological symptoms went away. they were mostly strange twitches/tics and other sensations which you couldn't see, but I noticed.

good luck all

Thank you! i really needed that today i'm at 8mgs now and have lot's of symptoms, some unbearable, i'm hoping that once i'm off it they will subside. I'm holding a bit more because i'm able to sleep and i need that sleep (lot's of stuff going on next month) but i will do a rapid taper off the rest in march.

I'm not sure if I should get rid of my 25mg S before I taper V or not. My morning / wake up are dreadful and looking back in my diary to Nov 16 when I started Seroquel I didn't get the awful dread and fear when waking that I do now. So I'm between a rock and a hard place. Could it be the Seroquel giving me cortisol or adrenaline rushes on waking or is it just the V.

Staz

I have this since i'm at 8mgs didn't have the awful mornings before, and also have weird parasthesias too.

Staz

I have this since i'm at 8mgs didn't have the awful mornings before, and also have weird parasthesias too.

Hi Corsair,

I think it's the seroquel causing it so I'm following JP's protocol and dropping as he did. I've been stuck at 25mg for over a month so last might dropped to 24mg and tonight to 23mg. If I feel unwell I'll hold. I think you'd be wise to get rid of the last 8mg and get it over with. I hope it works for me and wish you well. I'm still on mirtazapine 15mg so I'm hoping that will still cover and V withdrawal insomnia when I re start my taper. 

Staz

Hi Corsair,

I think it's the seroquel causing it so I'm following JP's protocol and dropping as he did. I've been stuck at 25mg for over a month so last might dropped to 24mg and tonight to 23mg. If I feel unwell I'll hold. I think you'd be wise to get rid of the last 8mg and get it over with. I hope it works for me and wish you well. I'm still on mirtazapine 15mg so I'm hoping that will still cover and V withdrawal insomnia when I re start my taper.

I'm really doubting if i should hold or do it now. It's not an easy decision, but i got ill last night and now i didn't sleep anyway, i remember that i used sickness in the past to drop other meds because it wasn't that bad when already ill but my heart feels very weak and i'm scared to do it

Staz

Hi Corsair,

I'm really doubting if i should hold or do it now. It's not an easy decision, but i got ill last night and now i didn't sleep anyway, i remember that i used sickness in the past to drop other meds because it wasn't that bad when already ill but my heart feels very weak and i'm scared to do it

I can understand you being scared. I am too but you've managed to get off of worse drugs than seroquel. Do you have a heart condition or is it just a reaction to stress?

i don't know, it's been acting strange for a week now, doctor gave me bètablockers again. My heartrate is 120 at rest. And now this morning my heart really hurts. I did decide to stop my seroquel much sooner.

i don't know, it's been acting strange for a week now, doctor gave me bètablockers again. My heartrate is 120 at rest. And now this morning my heart really hurts. I did decide to stop my seroquel much sooner.

Hi Corsair,

I'm down to 17mg of seroquel now and beginning to get flu like symptoms.

How quickly do you intend to get off of?

It sounds like your Dr is keeping a good eye on you so could it be stress or w/d giving you the chest pains? I've had a similar feeling in the past during my seroquel reduction.

Staz

Hi Corsair,

It sounds like your Dr is keeping a good eye on you so could it be stress or w/d giving you the chest pains? I've had a similar feeling in the past during my seroquel reduction.

Staz

It's like an extreme version of what i experienced before. So yeah probably withdrawal but scary as hell. I intend on being off this weekend. So i will do 6mg 4 mg and then 2mg. So one week taper. I really hope i get through this. My tinnitus is off the charts right now.

Hi everyone -- I am down to four mg.  I have been dropping a half mg every two weeks but would like to just get off.  Every time I make a cut my sleep is not so great -- I wake up around four am and just doze on and off.  I will be interested to see how the two mg drops work out for you, Corsair.

Carol

seroquel tapering advice appreciated.

Was put on seroquel early into the xanax for insomnia.

During a severe protracted illness during the first 6 months of 2017, I was on 3 antibiotics, including a fluoroquinilone, and oral prednisone. This threw me into cold turkey, essentially. I was very very ill, and it was either these meds or go into the hospital. I knew they were horrible, but doubted staying in the hospital getting these things in an IV would of been any better. Plus, I would of amped up not being in my home.

I really upped my seroquel from 150 mg to 500 to help cope at that time. Also, Xanax jumped  from 5.5 to 8 Mg's.

Am now at 6.5 with the xanax. OK does not mean symptom or pain free, but I can handle it. I am going to need to hold here for a while.I went from 8 to 6.5 in a few months months, my CNS needs a break. I am OK with that.  Doing a long hold on the benzo at this dose to let my CNS catch up.

So, holding there, and working on seroquel. It's harder to know how much seroquel to taper. Seroquel is torment, I wont go into it, but the muscle pain,the diarrhea, the fog, and it does little to help me sleep. headaches, uh, you folks know how horrid it is.

Got it down to 350 Mg's for 2 months a while, (anxiety amped, but I held on)went to 200 3 days ago, and OMG, constant diarrhea, chillled to death, muscle pain higher than any experienced before. Ironically, I actually feel more functional the less seroquel I take (that stuff is a mind fuck) However, tapering down is hit and miss, and after a few days in, I know it was too big a cut.

I am holding the benzo  taper at 6.5 mg, and using this time to cut the sero. Got down to 400 mg sero, then 350. It's when I went to 300 that all hell broke loose.

I know tapering 2 meds at once is generally quite difficult, but the high seroquel is leaving me completely dysfunctional, I really can't stand it.

As of now, will go back to 350. I have 100, 50 and 25 mg of sero to work with. I do know that anyting less than 100 Mg's makes me feel much worse. Was doing 350 a night (100, then 150, then 100) I cut that extra 50 mg and WOW, bad, bad, bad.

Question: Can anyone give me a general seroquel taper plan? I would love to get down to 3 Mg's of seroquel, then stabilize for a while, and get back to cutting the benzo and leave the seroquel alone.

Hi Corsair,

Staz

It's like an extreme version of what i experienced before. So yeah probably withdrawal but scary as hell. I intend on being off this weekend. So i will do 6mg 4 mg and then 2mg. So one week taper. I really hope i get through this. My tinnitus is off the charts right now.

Good luck with it Corsair.

I'm beginning to get a bit of anxiety breaking through today but my soon goes back to uni tomorrow and I'm stressing about that as well at the moment as I'll be stuck in the house by myself now for the rest of the winter.

I'm going to continue dropping though so 16mg tonight and just see if i can push through. If not I'll hold for a while.

Staz

beddove:

I suggest to get down to 25-50mg seroquel, finish benzo taper, and once you feel somewhat normal taper the rest of S.

that way you can deal better with any potential insomnia. Seroquel below 50mg (I never was higher) was ok for me in terms of s/x.

beddove:

I suggest to get down to 25-50mg seroquel, finish benzo taper, and once you feel somewhat normal taper the rest of S.

that way you can deal better with any potential insomnia. Seroquel below 50mg (I never was higher) was ok for me in terms of s/x.

Good advice, thank you.

Thank you for the encouragements. Day three of 6 mgs now. I feel awful but for me it's always on day 3 so. Maybe slept a few light hours not sure. I'm going down to 4mgs tonight.

Thank you for the encouragements. Day three of 6 mgs now. I feel awful but for me it's always on day 3 so. Maybe slept a few light hours not sure. I'm going down to 4mgs tonight.

Well done Corsair,

I'm feeling my drops badly today as well. Really black depression and problems sleeping. I might have to pause a while to let my CNS catch up. I generally feel cuts about 2 - 3 days after making them so as I've been cutting 1mg daily I guess I've a few rough days to come even if i hold for a while.

Staz

How's things with your Seroquel going Corsair?

Staz