Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

so i dropped it last night, my symptoms are mostly physical, but i have another disease so it's mostly that is getting worse. So i slept about 5 hours, in a lot of physical pain, but the anxiety is so much less!! I do think that anxiety is a side effect at a low dose of seroquel. I'm happy! but now i have to learn to sleep again, so i will not get online much. But i do think they are right when they say don't hold too long at the end!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

so i dropped it last night, my symptoms are mostly physical, but i have another disease so it's mostly that is getting worse. So i slept about 5 hours, in a lot of physical pain, but the anxiety is so much less!! I do think that anxiety is a side effect at a low dose of seroquel. I'm happy! but now i have to learn to sleep again, so i will not get online much. But i do think they are right when they say don't hold too long at the end!

I'm glad the anxiety is less for you now Corsair.

I drop to 10mg tonight and I've not had any major problems as yet that would stop me cutting.

The sleep issue is always tricky so I've stocked up with melatonin and otc sleep aids to help if I run into problems.

Staz

I am dropping .5 mg every week now.  Just made a cut tonight.  At 3.5 mg. Will be interested to hear how others are faring.

That's a really slow taper Carol. I guess you are finding things hard going atm?

I've not begun to taper my v as yet so I've no other complications or w/d's going on at the same time so hopefully thing will go smoothly.

Staz

I was going even slower before.  I had not heard that anxiety can uptick at lower doses.  Doesn't make sense to me because the antihistamine effect is more pronounced at lower doses 25 and less.

I am also tapering trazodone very slowly.  I probably could go faster on the seroqeul and hold the trazodone.

I am still in moderate benzo w/d.  But my base is better than it was a year ago.

I was going even slower before.  I had not heard that anxiety can uptick at lower doses.  Doesn't make sense to me because the antihistamine effect is more pronounced at lower doses 25 and less.

I am also tapering trazodone very slowly.  I probably could go faster on the seroqeul and hold the trazodone.

I am still in moderate benzo w/d.  But my base is better than it was a year ago.

It's good to know you are going forward Carol and I guess the benzo w/d and Trazodone are contributing to the way you are feeling especially anxiety wise. I've heard very few people mention anxiety when reducing seroquel from smaller doses it just seems to be insomnia and G.I. issues. Like you I was under the impression that it only happened with higher doses 150mg >.

I hope things go well for you.

Staz

Down to 7mg Seroquel tonight after having two nights broken sleep. It looks like sleep will be an issue for a while after finishing this med but something I'll have to live with.

Staz

Staz -- you are making great progress!!  Are you still dropping one mg a night?  I started reducing half mg every three days.

What are you using OTC other than melatonin?

Carol

Staz -- you are making great progress!!  Are you still dropping one mg a night?  I started reducing half mg every three days.

What are you using OTC other than melatonin?

Carol

Hi Carol,

I'm using Phenegren which is an otc antihistamine.

I have been dropping 1mg a day from 25mg down and last night was down to 6mg.

Last night was the first night I just couldn't get to sleep so at 3am I had some Phenegren and manged to get a few hours sleep, probably 3 or 4. I may have to slow things down from here or take a hold until things settle back down. I've had a few nights broken sleep but last night was a first.

I also ate some chocolate in the evening and I know sugar has an impact on my sleep so I'm going to cut that out.

Staz

my symptoms are mostly because of histamine, so i have asthmatic attacks, burning eyes, neuropathy, lot's of stomach acid, wide awake at night, nerve pain. Hopefully it will start to get better soon, i'm looking at an antihistamine diet for now

my symptoms are mostly because of histamine, so i have asthmatic attacks, burning eyes, neuropathy, lot's of stomach acid, wide awake at night, nerve pain. Hopefully it will start to get better soon, i'm looking at an antihistamine diet for now

Well done Corsair.

I noticed form your meds list you had quit. A great achievement and you are experiencing some of the known sxs's from withdrawal. I hope things get better for you quickly with your new diet and that your sleep returns to normal.

I'm down to 4mg tonight and am due my last 1mg dose on Wednesday. I'm apprehensive about losing sleep as i did last Friday but last night had a couple of beers and went out like a light. Obviously I can't keep doing that so back to dry nights tonight.

Have you tried any otc antihistamines to help yet?

Keep posting as I'm following in your footsteps.

Good luck

Staz

Corsair -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  I am also trying to lower histamine foods.

Staz -- You are almost there.  Great!!!!

I am down to three mg.  Making a cut tonight.

Carol

Corsair -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  I am also trying to lower histamine foods.

Staz -- You are almost there.  Great!!!!

I am down to three mg.  Making a cut tonight.

Carol

I'm pleased for Corsair Carol and you of course.

I think I'm resigned to some sleepless nights and just hope they don't go on too long for any of us.

My taper has been quicker than either of yours so I guess I'm more likely to get some rebound insomnia. If it gets too bad then I guess I may have to re start or updose a bit and take things more slowly. Looking on the bright side i may come through the insomnia without much difficulty.

Good luck Carol and keep us advised of your progress.

Staz

Down to 3mg tonight and have been suffering increased anxiety during the day. I hope it passes quickly and I guess it's the cuts catching up with me again.

Staz -- you are coming down quickly!!! I just had my NP call in a compounding order for 1/2 mg capsules....I am going to reduce a mg a week.  I don't know if I can handle any more anxiety right now and I have some just from the drops I have been making.

Staz -- you are coming down quickly!!! I just had my NP call in a compounding order for 1/2 mg capsules....I am going to reduce a mg a week.  I don't know if I can handle any more anxiety right now and I have some just from the drops I have been making.

Hi Carol,

The anxiety left me yesterday evening but my sleep wasn't too good. 4-5 hours in total and that was with an anti histamine tablet. Today so far has been ok so I'm going to drop to 2mg tonight and 1mg the following night and jump. I've been anticipating some rebound anxiety and sleep disturbances but on the whole today has been ok for me anxiety wise. Yesterday I was doing voluntary work so felt a bit pressured that may have made things worse.

I guess I am coming down quickly but others have done it more quickly with minimal disruption to there lives. You are from the sound of things very sensitive to your reductions. I've found anxiety coming and going throughout my taper but not only moderate in strength and generally for only a day or two post cut. I dare say I'll get some more at some point but now I don't see the need to slow down in my case. I've also noted my clarity of thought improving and mood especially as I got below 12mg despite my sleep issues.

I hope things work out for you and I.

My next taper will be Valium once I've recovered for a few months from Seroquel and that will be starting at 5% and going really slowly and it will be a daily microtaper.

Cheers and good luck.

Staz

Well done Corsair.

I noticed form your meds list you had quit. A great achievement and you are experiencing some of the known sxs's from withdrawal. I hope things get better for you quickly with your new diet and that your sleep returns to normal.

I'm down to 4mg tonight and am due my last 1mg dose on Wednesday. I'm apprehensive about losing sleep as i did last Friday but last night had a couple of beers and went out like a light. Obviously I can't keep doing that so back to dry nights tonight.

Good luck

Staz

No more meds for me, i think i had a lifetime of med taking xD i'm doing it without now.

Well done Corsair.

Good luck

Staz

No more meds for me, i think i had a lifetime of med taking xD i'm doing it without now.

Well done Corsair. How are you feeling?

I quit Seroquel today now just the benzo and a/d's left when I've recovered sufficiently from seroquel.

Staz

Hi friends. I have been going through this thread, and studying/researching seroquel in medical data bases. I have some questions, hopefully you can help.

Just so you have the facts, I am tapering both xanax and seroquel. I will hold on the xanax, and cut the sero, then reverse. Currently at 350 of seroquel, and 6.5 of xanax.

1. Will the horrid weight gain stop as I get lower in sero dosage? The information I have is that it will not.

2. I could use a good list of comprehensive sero withdraw symptoms, thus, I can determine if what I am experiencing is from which med.

Appreciate any help!

My symptoms right now are because of histamine and are = a very high heartrate, flushing, hives, itchy, neuropathies, wide awake, alert, pain, food sensitivities (histamine foods) hard time breathing (astma like symptoms)

If i don't eat histamine foods it's not that bad, but it's very hard to avoid histamine so for now i do have some troubles. I am however still early in acute, so that's fine.

I am thinking of re-enstating seroquel.

Having been off it for just over a year is proofing difficult.

I would rather not re-enstate, as it's like walking through mud.

But the minds burns.

lobo: from prev posts I see you've been on a higher dose (serious s/x like TD dose). there are people who got TD from 300mg. I rather go through mud for a while then be disabled for life.

I am thinking of re-enstating seroquel.

Having been off it for just over a year is proofing difficult.

I would rather not re-enstate, as it's like walking through mud.

But the minds burns.

Cors: congrats on being S free. how is your sleep? is your anxiety still high? any muscle sensations you have? tension etc?

My symptoms right now are because of histamine and are = a very high heartrate, flushing, hives, itchy, neuropathies, wide awake, alert, pain, food sensitivities (histamine foods) hard time breathing (astma like symptoms)

If i don't eat histamine foods it's not that bad, but it's very hard to avoid histamine so for now i do have some troubles. I am however still early in acute, so that's fine.

Excellent, comprehensive article/lists on histamine foods and symptoms. This is a very good list for those of us going through this to not only understand the problem, but address foods in our diet.

I can't cut out all of these (like avocado) because they are my high nutrition foods.

Anyway, hope this helps

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11175/everything-you-need-to-know-about-histamine-intolerance.html

Thanks, bad dove for that list.

I had it compounded and am now on 2.5 mgs.  In two weeks  I reduced from four mg to 2.5 mg.  I have had weird symptoms since going to 2.5. Face flushing and general feeling of heat, mild headache, rapid heart rate and palpitations, legs ache and extremely anxious.  It is hard to believe such a minuscule dose could cause these symptoms.  I still had anxiety from the benzo wd but not these other symptoms.

Not sure what to do other than slog on.  I was planning on dropping to two mg after a week at 2.5 but wonder.....this is quite uncomfortable.

Carol

Carol: I hardly doubt that keeping it at 2.5mg will do any good. quiet the opposite is possible.

the anxiety spike after jumping came for me, but left very quickly. maybe 2-3 days max.

for me biggest problem was insomnia, but I doubt 2.5 will help any with sleep. you're pretty much done with S.