Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

Carol: I hardly doubt that keeping it at 2.5mg will do any good. quiet the opposite is possible.

the anxiety spike after jumping came for me, but left very quickly. maybe 2-3 days max.

for me biggest problem was insomnia, but I doubt 2.5 will help any with sleep. you're pretty much done with S.

How long did your insomnia last LOFB?

I've been off for a week now and sleep has mainly been broken but some 6 or 7 hour nights as well when using an otc antihistamine to help.

Staz

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

What do you mean by "quite the opposite"?  If 2.5 mg is ineffective, what harm could it cause?

My anxiety is better today.  Hard to tell what is what when tapering other meds.

Thanks for your input!!

:smitten:

I noticed that after dropping to 0 (I jumped at 6-7mg or so), after the initial short anxiety spike - I got an 'endorphin rush' and feelings of joy  for couple days, similar to an Opioid 'high'.

then I was like 'wow why haven't I stopped this earlier', like my brain was thanking me quitting that stuff finally....my concern would be that such a low dose doesn't allow you to fully recover...

I understand that everybody is different....

What do you mean by "quite the opposite"?  If 2.5 mg is ineffective, what harm could it cause?

My anxiety is better today.  Hard to tell what is what when tapering other meds.

Thanks for your input!!

:smitten:

Yes, I can see that reaction.  For me it would be the relief knowing I got off another rehab drug.  I still have two more after this one but in my opinion, Seroquel is one of the nastiest ones.

first night was the worst, broken 6-7 with some otc stuff as you.

now I sleep 7h+ solid. the seroquel definitely added 1h of sleep, but it is not worth long term.

occasionally I use otc antihistamine or valerian as well. rotating those ....

Carol: I hardly doubt that keeping it at 2.5mg will do any good. quiet the opposite is possible.

the anxiety spike after jumping came for me, but left very quickly. maybe 2-3 days max.

for me biggest problem was insomnia, but I doubt 2.5 will help any with sleep. you're pretty much done with S.

How long did your insomnia last LOFB?

I've been off for a week now and sleep has mainly been broken but some 6 or 7 hour nights as well when using an otc antihistamine to help.

Staz

I might have asked that somewhere sometime....but being 14months out, my main worse symptom is muscle tension/twitches, which can happen anywhere, with the most around my hands/fingers.

I am curious if Seroquel could have either caused this, or made it worse....(i'm off the drug now). symptoms seem to have appeared month 7-8 our of nowhere, and come and go, but still persist.

i don't see any corelation with taking Q or getting off it either....

CBD resolved that temporary around 75%.

I might have asked that somewhere sometime....but being 14months out, my main worse symptom is muscle tension/twitches, which can happen anywhere, with the most around my hands/fingers.

I am curious if Seroquel could have either caused this, or made it worse....(i'm off the drug now). symptoms seem to have appeared month 7-8 our of nowhere, and come and go, but still persist.

i don't see any corelation with taking Q or getting off it either....

CBD resolved that temporary around 75%.

All antipsychotics can affect muscle movements 'Tardive' i.e. after you've stopped taking the drug and usually resolve themselves.

I'm on day 14 off and getting a bad wave of depression and anxiety hit. The first 7 days were ok. Sleep is still not too bad with melatonin now and again required.

Staz

• 1 month later...

how is everybody doing?

I am off this stuff now for some months, and sleep pretty good in general. 10pm-6am, on bad days 10pm-5am.

I definitely don't think about this drug anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey... Hello everyone!  :)

I'm wondering if any of you have major memory problems with seroquel. Lately, my memory has taken a major turn for the worst... I'm thinking it may be the seroquel. When I mentioned this to my psychiatrist some time ago, and suggested the seroquel may be the culprit, she didn't dispute it. I've recently left the shower, forgetting to rinse my hair of all the lather from the shampoo, and melted a pot on the stove. I know V does a major memory thing... but at this point, as low as I am I don't think it's that. I've been on 300mg XR seroquel for years now...

I think I have that same problem. I make mistakes all of the time and forget things. It doesn’t either that I have gained so much weight.

Thanks Benzo girl! I'm thinking the seroquel is having a major impact on my cognitive ability. I've seen the warnings about elderly taking anti-psychotics like seroquel, and mentioning Alzheimer and dementia. I'm wondering if seroquel and others like it can bring Alzheimer or dementia on. I have done google searches on this topic... but I must not be searching right as I've even found something that said seroquel can help with memory alertness!  :wacko:

I'm going to make an appointment with my psychiatrist and see what she thinks...  thanks for addressing this, Bets! I think I'll ask her how long I've been on it too... I just know I'm loosing it...

[c7...]

I'm going to make an appointment with my psychiatrist and see what she thinks...  thanks for addressing this, Bets! I think I'll ask her how long I've been on it too... I just know I'm loosing it...

A lot of people have memory problems on it. Even low doses at times. I think you're right in going back to your psych and questioning it. I've been off since 18th Jan after coming down from 150mg back in the summer. All it ever did for me was make me sleep but my psych thought it would treat my depression as an add on which is off label.

I decided to get off of it after finishing my Lyrica taper on a harm reduction basis as Seroquel can have some unpleasant side effects of which memory issues is one.

Good luck.

Staz

A lot of people have memory problems on it. Even low doses at times. I think you're right in going back to your psych and questioning it. I've been off since 18th Jan after coming down from 150mg back in the summer. All it ever did for me was make me sleep but my psych thought it would treat my depression as an add on which is off label.

I decided to get off of it after finishing my Lyrica taper on a harm reduction basis as Seroquel can have some unpleasant side effects of which memory issues is one.

Good luck.

Staz

Thanks, Staz!

Seroquel actually worked really well for my depression (the type that would have me go to the hospital). It saved me. But now? I have dropped from 300mg to 250mg on my own this week. I feel the difference... my thoughts are racing more... I will be seeing my doctor for sure... I can't risk going back to that deep, deep pit of hell  >:D  I have bipolar disorder...

I had 0 memory problems with less then 50mg seroquel.

but this drug, despite no problems getting of it for me, is the worst chemical you can take for sure. (and all antipsychotics)

is one of the few which can give actually permanent brain damage

[c7...]

If you are bi polar then don't cut Seroquel without talking to your psychiatrist. I have unipolar depression aka depression so wasn't in any danger as at 150mg it didn't work. Bi polar is a whole different ball game so please take care. Unfortunately all antipsychotics have side effects memory problems are one of the recognised ones. Your psychiatrist maybe able to get you stable on a lower dose but talk to him/her first.

Staz

Good luck.

Staz

Thanks, Staz!

Seroquel actually worked really well for my depression (the type that would have me go to the hospital). It saved me. But now? I have dropped from 300mg to 250mg on my own this week. I feel the difference... my thoughts are racing more... I will be seeing my doctor for sure... I can't risk going back to that deep, deep pit of hell  >:D  I have bipolar disorder...

If you are bi polar then don't cut Seroquel without talking to your psychiatrist. I have unipolar depression aka depression so wasn't in any danger as at 150mg it didn't work. Bi polar is a whole different ball game so please take care. Unfortunately all antipsychotics have side effects memory problems are one of the recognised ones. Your psychiatrist maybe able to get you stable on a lower dose but talk to him/her first.

Staz

Good luck.

Staz

Thanks, Staz!

I too have bi-polar.... I was put on 100mg of Ser (among other things) on the ward and stayed that way for 6 mos. I was told to taper. Halved it for 2 wks....3 days after I was completely off I had a total breakdown... I was hysterical for hours to the point where I was nearly hospitalized again. It was so terrible. I felt like I had fallen in a hole so deep that I would never get out. I was given 100mg of Ser and 4mg of K-pin and finally fell asleep. My Dr. now has me on 150mg ER with no sign of stopping. I can’t help but think of how serious that situation actually was. I’m new to this. I’m new to understanding how these meds work and it scares me. I don’t want to sound “dramatic” (even though I have a mood disorder..) but I’m reading all this and just crying. I cry for the people who are dealing with this and I cry because I’m scared to death.  ((Sorry for the slightly off-topic rant.))

Good luck.

Staz

Thanks, Staz!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I c/t Seroquel and it was awful. My whole body and head hurt, I vomited, I was depressed. I had to reinstate it. It was a nightmare.