Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

I once had to get rid of that nasty Clorazril. A typical AP. I did a rapid w/d off it and that last week was bad but after that I felt fine. I think the atypical ones are harder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

I'm raging, having panic attacks and obsessive thoughts again  :-\ it can feel so daunting. Sometimes i feel discouraged because i have 10 more months of tapering ahead. ANd i already feel THIS bad?. It's that bad. I now remember why i need distractions (i have been working on staying present in the moment but yeah it doesn't work)

For the sake of our vulnerable members, all references to self harm have been removed from this post. We have created a page especially for those who are having such thoughts. Please click on the following link to that page if you are considering self harm.

Suicide and SelfHarm

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really remember what kind of reference i made to selfharm or suicide o.o but apparently something had to be deleted.

How is everyone doing?

Sorry for your troubles Corair12, but I am doing fine. That's because I am still tapering my benzos and have not even thought about tapering the Q at this point. I hope you feel better! Best wishes and good healing. I hope my taper off the Q is easy, but I don't think it will be. I am rather scared to even try. :smitten: :smitten:

Betsy

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about the other people here, but when you taper you get different effects at different dosages.

So i'm at 9 now, and the panic is the highest it has ever been. It's crazy. It's like one big panic attack and i don't remember how you can feel when you're not panicking. I hope that at lower dosages the panic will lesten.

I hope so too. 9 mg is a rather low dose, so maybe your body is screaming out for more? I know doctors think you can taper this drug easily, but to me it's just like tapering a benzo. They don't get it because they never had to go through it. It makes me mad. I hope you get better. I do hate those panic attacks.

• 1 month later...

I C/T'd from Valium 34 days ago and have been having a bunch of really bad days. My weekends have been better as I'm keeping busy. During the week I'm working and get more stressed. Withdrawal effects have been tinnitus, anxiety, nervousness, shortness of breath.

My doctor prescribed Q at 12.5mg as needed to act like a tranquilizer. He wants to see how I do with it since Gabapentin didn't help.

I was thinking of using 12.5mg at bedtime with 100mg of trazadone. I was looking to see if anyone has had a good response to Q.

Paul: worked great for sleep - the best of all non benzo. I could imagine you could drop the trazodone even.

also at that dose I had no issues to stop it. easiest drug to get off IMO (at least at those doses)

12.5 is on the smaller side, and while still worked for me, you might need go to 25 or so

Paul: worked great for sleep - the best of all non benzo. I could imagine you could drop the trazodone even.

also at that dose I had no issues to stop it. easiest drug to get off IMO (at least at those doses)

12.5 is on the smaller side, and while still worked for me, you might need go to 25 or so

I was meaning to ask you? So you didn't have an extreme wave two months or so after stopping the seroquel? And do you think being on a low dose of seroquel could alter you mental state. I feel very weird lately. Mentally unstable, so wondering if it's side effects?

Cors: no, no wave. I don't think low dose seroquel does more then a strong antihistamine. I felt a bit jizzed, but otherwise fine. I was on and off couple times, never had issues.

Hi everyone. I just started 25 mg of seroquel four days ago. It makes me feel really drugged for a short period of time before sleep, but it doesn't seem to be keeping me asleep.  My dr. said it would also help with the anxiety, I just finished my taper of xanax, but I'm not getting much of anything from it. Did anyone here have a reduction in anxiety at 25 mgs?  Thanks  :)

Ella: this stuff doesn't do anything for anxiety for sure. it will zombify you at higher doses, and you will be an anxious zombie :)

Ella: this stuff doesn't do anything for anxiety for sure. it will zombify you at higher doses, and you will be an anxious zombie :)

Thanks  :). It seemed a little too good to be true when I was told it would help insomnia and anxiety. Anxious zombie sounds right unfortunately.

Seroquel made me tired (as did the other SSRI's).  It also caused Cervical Dystonia, so that's why I went off of it.

I just looked up cervical dystonia. That sounds terrible!!! I'm really sorry that happened to you.

i have tons of anxiety and just wondering if it would be better when i'm completely off it. it's horrible. Could seroquel cause anxiety in the very low dosages?

Corsair: I really doubt that it can make your anxiety worse at low doses. I've been on and off for sleep issues, and never noticed a difference. other then the typical morning grogginess which is noticable above 12mg or so.

it does cause very nasty side effects. the anxiety left very quickly once I was off.

I am holding at 10 mgs.  When I go below, the anxiety is too much for me right now.  I am still in the thick of benzo wd with severe mental sx.  I would love to be off this drug -- I hate it. I still think caused my akasthesia.

I'm quoting you here :P i'm just hoping it will be something like that for me too.

Corsair: I really doubt that it can make your anxiety worse at low doses. I've been on and off for sleep issues, and never noticed a difference. other then the typical morning grogginess which is noticable above 12mg or so.

Cors: if there was any it was very small compated to what I wen through with benzo.. I am not sure if this was Q related at this point. this might be well benzo anxiety.

what was hard for me - was more mental - question - how will I sleep without Q - but this is a lie you need to break, and it left me quickly

I tried 12.5mg at bedtime on Sunday night and my sleep was much worse, I was sweating twice as much and all of Monday I felt like a zombie. It didn't take away my anxiety and I think it made it worse. The effect was my mental than physical. I have not taken any since and have brought the meds back to the pharmacy to dispose.

I tried 12.5mg at bedtime on Sunday night and my sleep was much worse, I was sweating twice as much and all of Monday I felt like a zombie. It didn't take away my anxiety and I think it made it worse. The effect was my mental than physical. I have not taken any since and have brought the meds back to the pharmacy to dispose.

I'm having an experience with seroquel that's similar to yours. It makes me feel super drugged, but I don't sleep well. I'm seriously considering stopping it. What's the point really if it isn't helping my biggest problems of insomnia and anxiety?

Cors: if there was any it was very small compated to what I wen through with benzo.. I am not sure if this was Q related at this point. this might be well benzo anxiety.

what was hard for me - was more mental - question - how will I sleep without Q - but this is a lie you need to break, and it left me quickly

I don't think you can really distinguish it at some point, because it's about our CNS and everything affects our CNS. But i'm a few years out of my benzo cold turkey and the fear only has gotten this worse since i'm on 9 mgs. Of course i will have to wait once i'm off to see if it really is the seroquel. I think it's going to be interesting for the other people here on seroquel to know. Because i do know that with seroquel symptoms are dose related (because the receptors are occupied at different levels)

Corsair: definitely. Unfortunately there is a point where those drugs trap you. getting of messes with your cns, but staying does too.

at that point we have no choice and get off. I am at a such place with gabapentin now.

the good news is that once you off, your body find itself back to healing. you need to drop your fear and taper slowly. those drugs take a grip on your mind, but this is a lie. they have really no power to control you, as much as you give it to them.

Hi Ella,

It really did a number on me on Monday and may have effected me a little on Tuesday. Yesterday and today have been really good. No benzos, no seroquel, no gabapentin and my only regret is I didn't stop all this crap sooner.

Hi PaulMar, it's good hear that things are going well and you have had some good days since stopping  :)

I really think I'm going to take a few days off of the seroquel and then reassess.