Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

GARD:

If you pull out a small dose of Valium, and drink the rest, how can it last for 4 days? Is it me??? :smitten:

No, it's my confusing directions! I think that people who taper Valium, liquefy a week's worth and measure their dose from it, and drink it. They don't pitch. No waste.

OK..........But since I dose 4X a day, I don't want to carry that jar in my car... 8)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

GARD:

If you pull out a small dose of Valium, and drink the rest, how can it last for 4 days? Is it me??? :smitten:

No, it's my confusing directions! I think that people who taper Valium, liquefy a week's worth and measure their dose from it, and drink it. They don't pitch. No waste.

OK..........But since I dose 4X a day, I don't want to carry that jar in my car... 8)

When I dosed 4 times/day on X, I had 4 very small jars. I pulled from the large jar of diluted solution (using a syringe) and put each dose in each jar and then put the needed jars in my purse. Got the tiny jars on amazon. Think they're called Boston rounds.

Didn't any snarky cop want you to open your purse? That's what worries me.............

Nope, never. What do you do that makes cops stop you?  :o:laugh:

Didn't any snarky cop want you to open your purse? That's what worries me.............

I drive on the wrong side of the road.......... :laugh:

I drive on the wrong side of the road.......... :laugh:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

ok guys I've cut down to 10 or so last night, and there seems to be some huge difference between 15-20 and 10 in terms of sleep. I slept still 6-7h or so, but I had a hard time falling to sleep.

i think I need to get mg scale out, and start making precise cuts, although I am wondering if it will make any difference at all.

i have some old doxepin and remeron somewhere, and altough I hate those drugs more then seroquel (especially remeron), maybe this will give me a smooth ride to sleep for couple days, without creating any dependency short term.

another thing is if I still go through benzo w/d at 4 months out, maybe I need to stay on seroquel 15mg for 2-3 more months, and check again. I started to think that good sleep with low dose seroquel is better then shitty sleep in terms of benzo healing....

thoughts?

Four months is not very long. I think I would wait and cut the Q after you've healed some more. Just my 2 cents.

same here

Hi, I had to find my way back here to this post.  ???  I was wondering what kind of scale I could use to dry taper the seroquel? I am trying to cut it up but it is hard to get accurate even with 25 mg tablets. I have been having a hard time. My heart pounds more trying to taper so I am going to have to slow it down. Anyone else have the pounding heart? The worse I sleep the worse my fibromyalgia gets. And the more my heart pounds. The

fibromyalgia and lack of a lot of good sleep makes my heart pound too. This is all so confusing. I am not sure what to do.

I was cutting one 25 mg tablet in half. So I had been taking 87.5 mg at night instead of 100 mg.

Too fast and I have felt awful. I have been on this for 10 years at bedtime!

Thank you. Good luck everyone.  :thumbsup:

Hi, I had to find my way back here to this post.  ???  I was wondering what kind of scale I could use to dry taper the seroquel? I am trying to cut it up but it is hard to get accurate even with 25 mg tablets. I have been having a hard time. My heart pounds more trying to taper so I am going to have to slow it down. Anyone else have the pounding heart? The worse I sleep the worse my fibromyalgia gets. And the more my heart pounds. The

fibromyalgia and lack of a lot of good sleep makes my heart pound too. This is all so confusing. I am not sure what to do.

I was cutting one 25 mg tablet in half. So I had been taking 87.5 mg at night instead of 100 mg.

Too fast and I have felt awful. I have been on this for 10 years at bedtime!

Thank you. Good luck everyone.  :thumbsup:

You can buy one on Amazon for about $25. It's called the GEM20 Jewelry Scale.

In three months I tapered from 25 mg to about ten mg using that Gemini scale -- dry cuts.  I am still sleeping OK but feel more anxious and now am having dizziness.  I am wondering whether I should updose.  I am definitely not making any cuts for a while.  My benzo wd sx are brutal.

CJ

so i'm doing a long hold right now. Because i'm exhausted.

I'm at 12 mg and planning on staying here for at least another month. Then i will use that scale to go down to 11.8mg. And microtaper the rest of the pills.

• 2 weeks later...

Carol: I did also notice my anxiety spikes after cutting, I am around 12-15mg or so, sleeping well.

Corsair: good luck, let us know how it goes.

I am wondering if cutting seroquel, even at those low doses, can ramp up anxiety and benzo w/d (especially after jump) big time.

it nearly feels sometimes like going back to acute. not quiet as bad, but on the edge....

the positive in my case is, that the insomnia seems to resolve pretty quick after cuts, but the anxiety ramps up.

My good pdoc says he won't taper me off the Q until I  have healed from my benzos. He says those who do have to deal with two withdrawals at the same time. But once you're healed, he says, you should not have a problem tapering off Q. My 2 cents worth. :)

My good pdoc says he won't taper me off the Q until I  have healed from my benzos. He says those who do have to deal with two withdrawals at the same time. But once you're healed, he says, you should not have a problem tapering off Q. My 2 cents worth. :)

:thumbsup:

Carol: I did also notice my anxiety spikes after cutting, I am around 12-15mg or so, sleeping well.

Corsair: good luck, let us know how it goes.

I am wondering if cutting seroquel, even at those low doses, can ramp up anxiety and benzo w/d (especially after jump) big time.

it nearly feels sometimes like going back to acute. not quiet as bad, but on the edge....

the positive in my case is, that the insomnia seems to resolve pretty quick after cuts, but the anxiety ramps up.

yes i have the same after cutting it can feel like acute! I get what benzogirl is saying. I think i was very impatient getting off .

Corsair: its my 3rd day or so on 10mg. I feel the anxiety is getting better a bit.

i think its some of the adrenaline rebound or whatever.

going down to 5mg tonight, which is essentially jump territory.....

I appreciate feedback of give yourself time, but I am just done with this shit....

I also feel the recovery from S is much much faster then any benzo....

I am at about nine mg....my anxiety has increased...but I have been tapering since December 27...so it has been uber slow.  I am also tapering off of atenolol and almost off of that...I was only at a half dose to start..I've had palpitations and histamine like reactions when I eat -- and my lips have been swelling and peeling......I am going to hold the serequel here for two weeks and finish the attenelol taper and then re-evaluate.  I also have trazedone that I need to come off of after the serequal.  Finally, my sleep has not been great...waking every two hours and awake for good by six with rapid heartbeat and stomach ache.  Don't know whether it's the atenolol or the serequel at this point.

These pills are so hard to dry cut and weigh!!!  My scale fluctuates constantly so I never know if I am accurately measuring.

I am at about nine mg....my anxiety has increased...but I have been tapering since December 27...so it has been uber slow.  I am also tapering off of atenolol and almost off of that...I was only at a half dose to start..I've had palpitations and histamine like reactions when I eat -- and my lips have been swelling and peeling......I am going to hold the serequel here for two weeks and finish the attenelol taper and then re-evaluate.  I also have trazedone that I need to come off of after the serequal.  Finally, my sleep has not been great...waking every two hours and awake for good by six with rapid heartbeat and stomach ache.  Don't know whether it's the atenolol or the serequel at this point.

These pills are so hard to dry cut and weigh!!!  My scale fluctuates constantly so I never know if I am accurately measuring.

Same thing happened to be when I dry cut my K. If you cut too much, please don't throw it out, but baggie it and save it for the day when you'll need it. I use a finger nail file that is metal and it makes the cuts more accurate.

I arrived at 5mg or so. anxiety is up a bit, but I am making it through the day. I don't think that this dose does anything at all which means I probably sleep without it.

I increased my gabapentin a tiny bit (from 300 to 450 or so).

My sleep is from 10.30-11pm to 5-6am. roughly 6.5-7.5h. With seroquel my sleep was +1h at best.

recovering from this drug is nothing like benzo, I feel once you push through the initial w/d, it goes quick. I was never on more then 50mg, so not sure how it is in higher levels.....

morning friends, so I arrived at 5mg or so as in the last post. last night I decided its time to stop. and guess what couldn't sleep!

took 5mg and fell to sleep quick and slept for 8h. I don't even feel groggy in the morning like in the case of 10mg+ doses.

I can't believe this!, well, I will start doing using my mg scale from now, and drop by 1mg or so every night. this is insane.

but feeling quiet good overall. this drug zombifies you even at doses around 10-15mg.