Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

Actually for a friend. We tapered off Ativan for years together. She decided to keep taking the Seroquel. I suffered it out and dealt with sleep issues. I still have sleep issues and have been Ativan free for 5 years. Anyways, She is ready and I want help her taper off the 50mg a day Seroquel she is on. She has been taking it for many years. Please recommend a slow taper schedule so she can minimize the withdrawal symptoms. She went through hell for 5 years getting off the Ativan. Do not want her suffering again. Thanks

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Regarding the amount to reduce, the German guidelines advise that reduction steps may be larger in the early stages of withdrawal and smaller in the later stages. They give a percentage of between 5% and 20% of the current dosage, achieving this through the use of liquid forms of the drug where possible.

In relation to the intervals between reductions, they advise waiting for 6 to 12 weeks in between dosage reductions and that the selection of the next dosage reduction should be informed by the experience of the previous one.

They note that there should be a period of several weeks of symptom stability before considering the next reduction step. Following the complete withdrawal of the antipsychotics, as part of the overall treatment plan, they recommend continuous monitoring of clinical signs and symptoms of recurrence for at least two years.

https://www.madinamerica.com/withdrawal-protocols-antipsychotics/

https://www.alternativetomeds.com/blog/seroquel-2/#symp

Much more info in my blog, at the bottom:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=243067.80

• 2 weeks later...

the selection of the next dosage reduction should be informed by the experience of the previous one

This! No one schedule works for everyone. Tapers should be symptom-based.

The Gardener-Meister!!!! How the snot are you doing??!! Jeff here. It's been FOREVER. I was telling someone else that I saw an email today that reminded me of BB's, so I instantly thought of you. When you get a moment, let me know how you're doing these days. Hugs to you, my sweet!!!!

the selection of the next dosage reduction should be informed by the experience of the previous one

This! No one schedule works for everyone. Tapers should be symptom-based.

The Gardener-Meister!!!! How the snot are you doing??!! Jeff here. It's been FOREVER. I was telling someone else that I saw an email today that reminded me of BB's, so I instantly thought of you. When you get a moment, let me know how you're doing these days. Hugs to you, my sweet!!!!

What a surprise, Ultra! I'm doing well. Down to only 100mg gabapentin at bedtime and nothing else. Completely off the Q for sleep with no worsening. Hope all is well with you!

:)