Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

has anyone had pressure in the head or lightheadedness from tapering this drug??

now that you mention it, light/dizziness for sure.

morning friends, so I arrived at 5mg or so as in the last post. last night I decided its time to stop. and guess what couldn't sleep!

took 5mg and fell to sleep quick and slept for 8h. I don't even feel groggy in the morning like in the case of 10mg+ doses.

I can't believe this!, well, I will start doing using my mg scale from now, and drop by 1mg or so every night. this is insane.

but feeling quiet good overall. this drug zombifies you even at doses around 10-15mg.

Yes i always wonder if the side effects are part of my "withdrawal". I feel like a superzombie. But i need to get a mild procedure in may and i'm superscared, so i think i will put off tapering until after the procedure. It's scary.

ok guys, my mg scale does not register the pill size any longer. it shows 8mg or so, and the 50mg pill weighs 120mg or so.

so I may be around 3-4mg. the scale is not accurate. I can't cut those tiny crumbs smaller either.

I am wondering if 3-4 really could have an effect on sleep, or all if this is in my mind lol.

I notice 1 thing, my natural sleep pattern is coming back. when i was on 15mg+ i would not get tired at all in the evening till I popped the S and then I slept. now anytime after 9 I get really tired normally - like in the past, before those chemicals.

but all in all - seroquel seems to be more easy to get off, compared to benzos or even gabapentin, which I still take 450mg/day.....

Those scales drive most people batty. That's good to hear you're getting more natural sleep. That post gives me hope! Thanks....... :smitten:

I stopped 2 days ago. feeling ok in general. my sleep is a bit more fragmented, but not too bad. I fall to sleep very good but wake up after 4-5h and usually fall back to sleep, altough a more light version of it.  even on the tiniest crumb prob 2-3mg i slept through.

I won't be throwing S away yet like I did with benzo. this drug is definitely toxic no doubt. more then most. but thanks to it I slept 8h post benzo jump even in the worst of acute.

good luck to all

Seems that you are making good progress, so congrats! Anyway, once you get toward the end of your sleep cycle, you tend to wake up at times. It is not the deep sleep you get when you first go to bed. It is R.E.M. sleep, where you dream. I wake up then too. But go right back to bed.

Betsy

benzogirl: its true. now that I'm couple days out, I sleep longer, altough still briefly wake up in the early 5-6am hours.

so all in all seroquel added 1h in sleep (poor quality in addition)

my muscle twitches did not stop so far, so I do think that this is benzo not seroquel stuff which I had suspicion....

but I have to say I feel 50-100% better in general. despite some benzo anxiety, my motivation, joy, energy and overall happiness got a huge boost.

this drug is really nasty even at tiny doses 5-15mg. if you think about other psychiatric drugs (which are poison as well) - like benzo's, antidepressants - they enhance brain function in a sense, benzo's enhance gaba affinity, antidep. serotonin uptake etc....but Seroquel completely interrupts natural processes.

get off this stuff my friends - safe and slow of course.

good luck all.

I am at 25 weighted mg on the scale which I figure is about 10 mg.  I already wake at four am and have trouble some mornings getting back to sleep.  I haven't dropped the dose in a few weeks.  I am also tapering atenolol, a beta blocker, and that is giving me rebound anxiety.  I was originally on 25 mg or 62 weighted mg of serequel.  I started serequel taper late December.  I think it is negatively impacting my mood and I agree that even small doses seem to have an impact.  I noticed that once I got down on the dose that my morning absolute drop dead exhaustion lifted somewhat and now I am just tired and sluggish and depressed and anxious.

Congratulations to you for getting off this poison.  I really wish I had not been prescribed all of these adjunctive meds -- it's so hard to tell what is a med and what is benzo wd.

Carol: I had some transient insomnia as well....but I pushed through it and it left quickly - quicker then I anticipated.

so I'm off couple days now, and today I slept 11pm-6.30am or so. no insomnia for me. thats the upside

but I do feel I got hit with a benzo type wave again which started yesterday. I am wondering if seroquel could cause this. it is acute type, not quiet as bad, but not pleasant.

I had those occasionally even on my normal 25-50mg dose of seroquel at bedtime. so could be coincidence....

also...most of muscle symptoms disappeared. I did not notice any twitches anymore.

if seroquel blocks adrenaline.....and you get off...wouldn't an adrenaline rush be something which does cause anxiety etc.....

If it blocks adrenaline then yes, you would get some rebound perhaps even with a very slow taper.  I am also tapering atenolol and have found it extremely hard to get below four mg without rebound adrenaline which is awful for the benzo wd sx.

benzogirl, what did they give you seroquel for ? insomnia? why such a large dose if so...?

Yes for insomnia. After 8 months straight of getting maybe 3 hours per night, I was going bonkers and felt the psychosis coming on. I tried all the doses, 25, 50, 75, 100 etc. The 100 worked for a while until it didn't. Very high cortisol and my adrenaline would not stop.

• 4 weeks later...
In a few days i will be going down to 11 mgs , i'm already anxious but excited at the same time , i really want to get med free one day

I am holding at 10 mgs.  When I go below, the anxiety is too much for me right now.  I am still in the thick of benzo wd with severe mental sx.  I would love to be off this drug -- I hate it. I still think caused my akasthesia.

it does cause very nasty side effects. the anxiety left very quickly once I was off.

I am holding at 10 mgs.  When I go below, the anxiety is too much for me right now.  I am still in the thick of benzo wd with severe mental sx.  I would love to be off this drug -- I hate it. I still think caused my akasthesia.

it does cause very nasty side effects. the anxiety left very quickly once I was off.

You really are an example to me , i hope my akathesia and anxiety will also leave when i'm off

benzogirl: its true. now that I'm couple days out, I sleep longer, altough still briefly wake up in the early 5-6am hours.

so all in all seroquel added 1h in sleep (poor quality in addition)

my muscle twitches did not stop so far, so I do think that this is benzo not seroquel stuff which I had suspicion....

but I have to say I feel 50-100% better in general. despite some benzo anxiety, my motivation, joy, energy and overall happiness got a huge boost.

this drug is really nasty even at tiny doses 5-15mg. if you think about other psychiatric drugs (which are poison as well) - like benzo's, antidepressants - they enhance brain function in a sense, benzo's enhance gaba affinity, antidep. serotonin uptake etc....but Seroquel completely interrupts natural processes.

get off this stuff my friends - safe and slow of course.

good luck all.

LOB:

I wish I was you right now. :( Great job!!!! :thumbsup:

You really are an example to me , i hope my akathesia and anxiety will also leave when i'm off

I'm sure it will. Congrats on your recent drop! :smitten:

Good luck

I have 150mgs XR to taper in about 3 months time.

I didn't last long.

I went to my GP today and I have a couple of things going on.

I have hundreds of tiny blood spots on my legs (tiny bleeds).

Also I have quite bad anhedonia.

Real lack of get up and go.

He seemed to think the bleeds are either caused by being overweight or the Seroquel.

Either way I don't like being on Seroquel.

It did what it said on the tin when I was ill from CT off Citalopram (celexa).

Now I want off.

The Seroquel hasn't helped my weight anyway.

I am currently on 150mgs XR.

Tonight I will take 100mgs XR and 25mgs IR.

Then hold til mid August after my wife's 60th.

Are you guys ok with me using this thread to update my progress.

I have found a lack of Seroquel taper advice online.

So this may well help others going forward.

I am a little anxious about insomnia as thats how I got very ill in the first place.

Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Wish me luck

By all means keep us posted. I'm sure all of us here can learn a thing or two about it. Happy birthday to your wife! :thumbsup: