Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

jp49, I'm always interested when someone mentions they have any type of bleeding problem, since I was diagnosed with one while in tolerance w/d.  Can you tell me how old you are and how much overweight?  Don't want to pry, just looking for answers to this benzo beast problem.  Broken capillaries?  Can Seroquel cause bleeding problems? 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Day 2 of taper.

Slight difficulty falling asleep last night due to rapid heart rhythm.

Should add that heart rate went to 220 bpm 5 times when I CT Citalopram (celexa).

So always a worry

Was ok on awakening.

Awoke earlier than usual.

Felt very alive this morning as if a fog had been lifted.

Long may that continue.

Feeling positive👍

Hi Becks

My GP hedged his bets.

Could be overweight or Seroquel.

Who knows.

I am 59 yr old male at 214lbs.

Ideally should be 180lbs

On right lower leg and some on left ankle area.

Many hundreds of tiny pin prick size bleeds under skin.

With some browning of the skin.

GP said browning as well as bleeds maybe weight related..

benzo girl

Yup tell me about it :laugh :tickedoff:

Cutting out potato, bread, pasta rice etc.

Plus the obvious culprits, sugary processed foods.

Day 2 of taper.

Slight difficulty falling asleep last night due to rapid heart rhythm.

Should add that heart rate went to 220 bpm 5 times when I CT Citalopram (celexa).

So always a worry

Was ok on awakening.

Awoke earlier than usual.

Felt very alive this morning as if a fog had been lifted.

Long may that continue.

Feeling positive👍

Hi Becks

My GP hedged his bets.

Could be overweight or Seroquel.

Who knows.

I am 59 yr old male at 214lbs.

Ideally should be 180lbs

On right lower leg and some on left ankle area.

Many hundreds of tiny pin prick size bleeds under skin.

With some browning of the skin.

GP said browning as well as bleeds maybe weight related..

How tall are you?  Have you been checked for diabetes?  Heart problems?

Good luck

I have 150mgs XR to taper in about 3 months time.

I didn't last long.

I went to my GP today and I have a couple of things going on.

I have hundreds of tiny blood spots on my legs (tiny bleeds).

Also I have quite bad anhedonia.

Real lack of get up and go.

He seemed to think the bleeds are either caused by being overweight or the Seroquel.

Either way I don't like being on Seroquel.

It did what it said on the tin when I was ill from CT off Citalopram (celexa).

Now I want off.

The Seroquel hasn't helped my weight anyway.

I am currently on 150mgs XR.

Tonight I will take 100mgs XR and 25mgs IR.

Then hold til mid August after my wife's 60th.

Are you guys ok with me using this thread to update my progress.

I have found a lack of Seroquel taper advice online.

So this may well help others going forward.

I am a little anxious about insomnia as thats how I got very ill in the first place.

Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Wish me luck

I have all these tiny blood spots as well!

And i got overweight too, can't help it it's definetely the seroquel for me.

So i am at 11 mgs now, my psoas muscle is very tense and i can't seem to release it, i think it would help. I don't sleep well of course and feel very dried out. But it could be worse. So i'm glad.

benzo girl

Yup tell me about it :laugh :tickedoff:

Cutting out potato, bread, pasta rice etc.

Plus the obvious culprits, sugary processed foods.

Me too! I am now eating Vegan..ugh! Off to vacation. Try to miss me guys! :smitten:

Day 3 at 125mgs feeling good and positive.

Thanks Corsair.

Glad in a way it's not just me (sorry)😉

Losing weight now by doing diets as above.

👍👍👍 have good one benzo girl

I heard of morbidly obese people having those leg bleeding issues with diabetes, but if someone is slightly overweight and no diabetes, it doesn't make sense to me.

I heard of morbidly obese people having those leg bleeding issues with diabetes, but if someone is slightly overweight and no diabetes, it doesn't make sense to me.

I feel diabetic, have all the sx, but my blood work always comes back 'clean'. As seroquel causes diabetes i think there is a link but not as simple as just diabetes or not. I wonder what the exact reason is that seroquel causes us to become diabetic.

Same here.

Convinced I have diabetes.

Have my own glucose meter and have a couple of pre diabetic readings.

As soon as I eat right my readings are normal.

Had fasting blood test recently and it was normal.

Anybody on XR Seroquel.

I am currently on 125 mgs made up of 100mgs XR and 25 mgs IR.

At next drop I don't know whether to take 100mgs XR or

50 mgs XR and 50 mgs IR..

I have always taken my dose at bedtime I presume I continue to do that as go lower.

If I run in to difficulty I plant to taper 10% of my dose and go slower.

I am curious if anyone here has been on Seroquil for an extend time without developing tolerance?

This drug has been a lifesaver for me while battling chronic insomnia. I try to take it only once a week and only 37.5 mg ( minimum I find efficacious for sleep) Since I was prescribed Ambien due to my insomnia years ago, I don't think I " outgrew" the issue and will be forced to medicate for sleep the rest of my life. It is awful but I don't really have another alternative. I am hopeful I can continue on this relatively low dose without increasing for a long time.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

I am curious if anyone here has been on Seroquil for an extend time without developing tolerance?

This drug has been a lifesaver for me while battling chronic insomnia. I try to take it only once a week and only 37.5 mg ( minimum I find efficacious for sleep) Since I was prescribed Ambien due to my insomnia years ago, I don't think I " outgrew" the issue and will be forced to medicate for sleep the rest of my life. It is awful but I don't really have another alternative. I am hopeful I can continue on this relatively low dose without increasing for a long time.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

I have not built up tolerance. I've been on it for several years. My doctor prescribed it for bipolar, as they have found it helps (anti psychotics) with keeping bipolar stable. I'm on 300mg XR. But last I read, you can go as high as 800mg. However, I'm concerned on what I've read in the past about this class of drugs not being good for the elderly or anyone with a predisposition to Alzheimer or dementia. So, what to do you do when you get older?

So i got sick yesterday, a throat infection an didn't sleep at all, maybe one hour in the morning. Everything hurts and it's just hell. I feel like i cold turkeyed although i know it's because of the infection. Sometimes I wonder how I can get through this. I got awful akathesia, but because of my pelvis i had to force myself to stay still and then no sleep and the throat infection and feverish feelings.

I'm almost at 10 mgs now. How are all ofyou guys?

Hi all,

I used seroquel from Sept 2016 till end of April 2017, first month 25 mg, then 50 mg till end of Feb 2017, started tapering, finished the 27th of April this year.

I'm in a intrusive thoughts wave for more than 3 weeks now.... :tickedoff:

Is it the seroquel withdrawal, benzo/seroquel wd or still the benzos!!???

I'm nearly 20 months out!!

I had intrusive thoughts during cold turkey from a Citalopram (celexa) but fortunately not since Valium taper.

Try looking at Shamo3 posts.

He has had intrusive thoughts.

At 11 months post jump from Valium

the seroquel causes intrusive thoughts for me. I didn't had it with my benzo withdrawal i think. Don't really remember; But boy do i have it from seroquel

the seroquel causes intrusive thoughts for me. I didn't had it with my benzo withdrawal i think. Don't really remember; But boy do i have it from seroquel

I hope I don't get that. I feel sorry for you but I suspect it will go away. :smitten:

I hope I don't get that. I feel sorry for you but I suspect it will go away. :smitten:

Luckily for me it's only two weeks after a drop and then it stabilizes. But it can really sweep you away

Luckily for me it's only two weeks after a drop and then it stabilizes. But it can really sweep you away

Well that is much better than permanent. But still, while  I have never had them myself, I have read many posts about it is seems like a horrible s/x. Be well, my buddy. :mybuddy:

hey guys, checking in. something I learned, as you know I stopped seroquel (<50mg for sleep) couple 1-2 months or so ago. I suspected that this stuff even at low doses, causes some muscle twitching, and all kind of weird movement type problems (not TD). well after a month or so, 90% of those twitches disappeared in my case.

I did, on 3 separate occasions however, took a tiny dose S (less then 15mg), unrelated to any withdrawal, just to help with sleep, since 1 day I slept 2-3h during the day, and it messed my cycle. and on another occasion I did cut gabapentin rapidly, and was a bit 'revved' up. And guess what. the entire next day, I had very bad twitches, and very weird sensations mostly in my fingers, but also in random muscles. like contractions and weakness. and after a day, when I stopped, it went mostly away.

so I did the same thing as I did with my benzo when I stopped - I flushed it all down the toilet, and this will be my final part with this drug from hell.

still sleeping pretty good. 75% of seroquel dependency is mental ...not like with benzo which is more the other way around. good luck all. prescribing this stuff to anybody then some intense psychotic people is criminal.....

hey guys, checking in. something I learned, as you know I stopped seroquel (<50mg for sleep) couple 1-2 months or so ago. I suspected that this stuff even at low doses, causes some muscle twitching, and all kind of weird movement type problems (not TD). well after a month or so, 90% of those twitches disappeared in my case.

I did, on 3 separate occasions however, took a tiny dose S (less then 15mg), unrelated to any withdrawal, just to help with sleep, since 1 day I slept 2-3h during the day, and it messed my cycle. and on another occasion I did cut gabapentin rapidly, and was a bit 'revved' up. And guess what. the entire next day, I had very bad twitches, and very weird sensations mostly in my fingers, but also in random muscles. like contractions and weakness. and after a day, when I stopped, it went mostly away.

so I did the same thing as I did with my benzo when I stopped - I flushed it all down the toilet, and this will be my final part with this drug from hell.

still sleeping pretty good. 75% of seroquel dependency is mental ...not like with benzo which is more the other way around. good luck all. prescribing this stuff to anybody then some intense psychotic people is criminal.....

I don't agree with that. You have a link, LOB?

that is my personal EXP. and I'v never been over 50mg. not saying everybody is the same.

I don't agree with that. You have a link, LOB?

I think the withdrawal is just different. Benzo is more direct , boom suffering. AP's have a delay. I know this because this was my original (well as original as it gets with kindling 8-) ) problem.

I cold turkeyed risperdal. And was fine. But two months later hell hit me. And i didn't know what it was.

After that more pills came my way :P and the rest is history.

I just think it's hard to see what is ap withdrawal because of the delay of the first wave.

Now because of benzo withdrawal i put two and two together because it's only then that i saw how similar the sx were (but more gastrointestinal problems with risperdal and more dissociation/depersonalisation type issues. Also lot's of rage, the rest was similar)