• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Thank Gardener.

Reading my post I didn't explain myself very well.

Say you did all the steps you mentioned and instead of putting it in water you put it full fat milk.

It would then act like oral plus and suspend the mixture.

I am on the slow release which confuses the issue also.

I have tried putting one 25 mg pill immediate release in water and it seemed to break up quite well and the water went quite cloudy too.

So I am hopefull I can make some sort of suspension.

Gard,

I saw this on YouTube, but copied your recipe into Word.  I need to get stabilized on the Valium (back to 15mg).  Off  the K, then slowly off the Valium.  I'm going to purchase the equipment on Amazon as you can use it on all drugs.  Getting off of Seroquel is a pipe dream very far down the road, but a dream nevertheless.

Despite 2 nights of very little sleep doing ok.  Did some Reiki and EMDR meditation this afternoon.  Trying to listen to my body and resting (not lying down), just resting and taking it easy. 

Thanks for the advice.  One day at a time.  Right?

Kass

Carol Jean, No pharmacy around here would do it for me. Said they had no directions in their manuals, so it couldn't be done. Others have said their pharmacy would do it. At any rate, my insurance doesn't pay for compounding.  >:(

You are correct -- insurance does not pay for commanding.  We have a compounding pharmacy in the area so almost anything can be compounded.  I am a little nervous though about accuracy!  Along with everything else..............

You are correct -- insurance does not pay for commanding.  We have a compounding pharmacy in the area so almost anything can be compounded.  I am a little nervous though about accuracy!  Along with everything else..............

Yes, I have heard of someone getting a batch with an error and suffering w/d. But I have also heard of people happy with it. I guess I'd be happy if someone else could do all this work for me!

OK, Here's my promised attempt at explaining a Solution vs. a Suspension.

A solution is when one substance dissolves into another substance. It is a chemical reaction. The solute (such as the sugar in lemonade) will stay dissolved in the solvent (the water in the lemonade) and will not settle out again. (Of course, you have probably noticed that a warm liquid will hold more sugar than a cold liquid and if you put too much sugar in, the "too much" will settle out. The solvent can only hold so much and under certain conditions. So don't push your luck!)

A suspension is what you have when your medicine says "shake well before using." The tiny particles are floating around in the liquid, but will settle over time. Thus you need to shake to get them suspended again. Liquid medications that cannot be made into solutions will use something like OraPlus which holds the tiny particles in suspension for a very long time so they are evenly suspended and your medication is accurately measured.

My description a few posts back explains how to make a cheap suspension with Seroquel and water. Water is a lousy suspender. The particles settle out again very quickly. That's why you need to act fast when drawing up your dose or your reduction and pull from the middle. I believe OraPlus can be used in place of half the water and will give you plenty of time to measure slowly. I've never tried it, though.

As far as trying to make a solution with Seroquel, I have hunted and hunted and found nothing that can be consumed that will dissolve Seroquel. So, whatever liquid you put it in, it will still be a suspension. If someone can find a reliable source that says what will dissolve Seroquel that is safe to drink, I would love to know!

Using a liquid that is clear has the advantage of allowing you to easily see if you have actually broken up the particles completely and not missed any pieces. My tablet has a thin coating on it that tends to not want to just disintegrate so I have to use the pestle to make sure the whole tablet is smashed to smithereens. Tiny, even-sized smithereens. Also, when I shake it up, I can see that the particles are all suspended and that I haven't messed up and let them settle out before I pulled my reduction.

Right now I am pulling and pitching my reduction and then drinking what's left. When I get lower, I will pull and consume my dose because it will be smaller than my reduction. Probably around the turn of the next century.  >:(

When I liquefy my benzo, I use alcohol and make a solution which gives me all the time in the world to measure and is much less stressful. Benzos can be dissolved in fats, alcohol, and propylene glycol and then diluted with water, if needed. Seroquel is a pain in the you-know-what and can only be suspended. If you can get away with dry cutting, you might want to try that. I did it for about the first 20% of my taper before I ran into trouble and switched to a suspension.

Good luck everybody!

Again, thank you to Anne, the chemist, for teaching me how to suspend with water.

Gard

Thank Gardener.

Reading my post I didn't explain myself very well.

Say you did all the steps you mentioned and instead of putting it in water you put it full fat milk.

It would then act like oral plus and suspend the mixture.

I am on the slow release which confuses the issue also.

I have tried putting one 25 mg pill immediate release in water and it seemed to break up quite well and the water went quite cloudy too.

So I am hopefull I can make some sort of suspension.

jp, as far as I know, full fat milk would not be anything like OraPlus. I don't think it would be much better than water. Maybe somebody on the liquid titration forum could tell you for sure. I strongly suspect that if full fat milk could do the job, OraPlus would not be so expensive!

Thanks Gardener.

Excellent description and explanation.

I am just short of 2 mgs Valium and have been adviced to wait at least 6 months before starting on Q

Thanks Gardener.

Excellent description and explanation.

I am just short of 2 mgs Valium and have been adviced to wait at least 6 months before starting on Q

Yes, I agree. Don't try to go right from tapering one med to tapering the other. 6 months sounds reasonable.

We can do this! :thumbsup:

Thanks Gardener.

Sometimes this is a lonely path to follow.

Knowing there are others, is a comfort.

One day at a time.

I'm still in shock that soon I will be on half a 2 mg pill! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in hell, but i will taper further after the holidays. I do think i react badly to the seroquel. i've been saying it from when i started taking it, but the tapering is hell as well, so that's why i always have to make educated guesses.

I'm sick of it.

Does anyone get jerking movements? I'm so scared that this will be permanent.

Cut down to 12mgs tonight. Of course i'm wide awake. And the jerking is freaking me out. Please could someone tel me :(

i did. and still do. but i think its from K taper and jump. muscle twitches/jerks are different from more serious conditions. I would check with your doc, but don't expect the worst.

i used seroquel on and off. but i also got more jerks from doxepin and remeron. those were temporary and stopped once off the drug

Cut down to 12mgs tonight. Of course i'm wide awake. And the jerking is freaking me out. Please could someone tel me :(

i did. and still do. but i think its from K taper and jump. muscle twitches/jerks are different from more serious conditions. I would check with your doc, but don't expect the worst.

i used seroquel on and off. but i also got more jerks from doxepin and remeron. those were temporary and stopped once off the drug

HI thank you for your reply! I did check with my pdoc, and he said that even with TD it's best to taper. he is absolutely pro tapering and not pro cold turkeying but i see different opinions online and i can't help but wonder (and of course panic)

OK i will try to stabilize on 12 mgs. God can't wait to be off this drug :(

i seriously doubt that you got TD from 25mg. seroquel has short half life, why do you still need to taper at this dose? for sleep?

HI thank you for your reply! I did check with my pdoc, and he said that even with TD it's best to taper. he is absolutely pro tapering and not pro cold turkeying but i see different opinions online and i can't help but wonder (and of course panic)

i seriously doubt that you got TD from 25mg. seroquel has short half life, why do you still need to taper at this dose? for sleep?

Severely kindled. Every small cut now feels like a high dosage benzo cold turkey.

Plus i've been on antipsychotics for over 10 years now (i think about 12?) so it's not unlikely.

i've been on and off seroquel. ct'd every time. never problems. took it for 4 months probably straight, took a break, 2 months, and couple times here and there. never any issues to go off. its a potent antihistamine at those levels. i'm not sure how you would kindle from this. i don't think it improves sleep that much at the end. it kind of knocks you out, but like a strong benadryl. doesn't do much.

have you tried alternatives? like gabapentin and doxepin or remeron -

Oh and yes i have severe insomnia.

i've been on and off seroquel. ct'd every time. never problems. took it for 4 months probably straight, took a break, 2 months, and couple times here and there. never any issues to go off. its a potent antihistamine at those levels. i'm not sure how you would kindle from this. i don't think it improves sleep that much at the end. it kind of knocks you out, but like a strong benadryl. doesn't do much.

have you tried alternatives? like gabapentin and doxepin or remeron -

Oh and yes i have severe insomnia.

You should look at my history. I've been over 20 meds i think , all classes. Antihistamines work on circadian rhythm, smooth muscle, and immune system. It's good that you don't have any problems, but i'm telling you , cold turkeying benzo's was much easier for me than tapering this nightmare of a drug.

I can't take anything anymore. Even tylenol or advil causes extreme symptoms. I'm severly injured but i can't take anything for the pain because of the kindling. There is only one way out and it's tapering :( although i would like to cold turkey but i can't. Pdoc says it, and somehow a small part of me knows it too. But still :( i long for freedom

im really wondering if seroquel could cause muscle spasm/tics. i jumpec K 9 days ago, and on 5th day I took 50mg seroquel, as an emergency, since a horrible wave hit at bedtime. slept great for 8h and felt good next day, however i noticed increase in muscle spasm. the next day i took 25mg with less spasm, and last night i took about 10mg with nearly no spasm (but woke up more anxious).  I am wondering if this is common and I should give up on seroquel totally even occasionally.  but then also doxepin and remeron cause me the same effect.