Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Exactly...acute exists but as kallie says it more comes from a CT scenario. Thats one of the bonus of tapering. I honestly believe you get the same symptoms as acute if you cut too much. If you cut a large chunk which is too much for your body to handle, the reduction is going to cause sx similar to acute. For example when I cut from 2.5mg down to 1 the sx were unbearable and eventually I updosed. That 1.5 cut was way too big...and if instead I went from 1.5 to 0, I dont see why that would be any different.

Hope everyone is well. Its one week since I jumped! No new sx and starting to feel a little better.

The topic of acute is a mystery to me.

I think one of the scary parts of this forum is that it puts fear into people.  When tapering, we are scared already and sick.  We don't need to hear the horror stories.  I guess there is nothing you can do about that but there are so many people that have different life situations, etc. That we cannot assume we will have the same sxs as them.

I have no idea if I went through or continue to go through acute.  I know I feel a lot better, still have work to do, but am I acute???? 

Whatever happens will happen at this point.

Hang in there.

K

Believe me when I tell you Keeka, Acute is no mystery. It is very real, and absolutely horrific, and virtually intollerable. You are most definitely NOT in acute. In my opinion, Acute w/d happens when you c/t a theraputic dose of Benzo, for example, I c/t'd 2MG of Ativan, which is equivalent to 20MG of V. However, if you perform a slow and steady taper, regardless of the method, and you taper down to a small, non-theraputic dose before jumping, then I believe chances of getting any type of acute w/d is very very small. In many ways, it simply feels like another cut, and that is exactly the way Prof Ashton describes the final process too. I am not discounting the fact that there will be outliers to this rule, but people need not worry, as it is unlikely to happen to them.

:thumbsup:

Exactly...acute exists but as kallie says it more comes from a CT scenario. Thats one of the bonus of tapering. I honestly believe you get the same symptoms as acute if you cut too much. If you cut a large chunk which is too much for your body to handle, the reduction is going to cause sx similar to acute. For example when I cut from 2.5mg down to 1 the sx were unbearable and eventually I updosed. That 1.5 cut was way too big...and if instead I went from 1.5 to 0, I dont see why that would be any different.

Hope everyone is well. Its one week since I jumped! No new sx and starting to feel a little better.

That's awesome shamo!

Thanks Kallie and Shamo for letting me know.

I still feel weak but I have also reduced my AD twice since jump.  I felt my AD was wayyyyy too high.

K

I'm stuck at 1.25 m, I've been here almost 3 weeks.  I don't feel ready to cut yet. I'm using a gram scale. What would you guys suggest as a next cut? I want to move forward and not drag my taper out forever and I don't know how much longer my doc will keep rx-ing me the valium.  I also don't want to hit tolerance.  My last cut sucked (probably too much) and I just now feel sort of normal. I've got enough for a month and will see my doctor in 2 weeks for another month's supply. I want to go at a slow steady pace and be under 1 m by August so I can end my taper around September 1st.  Cutting the pills is getting hard too. Would love some advice.  Anyone sit a dose for a while and still move forward without much trouble?

Pine Valley:    I think I would try cutting .125 mg of the Valium and hold for 2 weeks and the other .125 after you see how you do. There are two ways to do this -one is using a gram scale and weighing your pills and then using the gram weight to go down.  You need to weigh 10 of your Valium pills and give us the average weight  (which I assume are 2 mg) and we can do the math for you to figure out how many grams of your pill = .125 or whatever amt you wish to cut.  The other way is to make part of your dose into liquid and then cut only this portion. That is your 1 mg will be 1/2 of a 2 mg pill and you can liquify an amount and make .25 mg and then drop this portion of your dose. On the liquid titration board people can do the math for you. 

I don't see how you can end your taper by September 1st if you want to go slow. This would mean you need to drop 1.25 in less than 2 months.  I dropped .5 mg in one month - so it would be 2 1/2 months from now if you used this pace.  I did okay with this pace but if this bothers you than you need to go slower.  I would try and start hoarding my pills now to be honest  - if you are not already saving the .75 mg you aren't taking I would start saving this now.  If you do that and can get another  RX you will probably be able to taper at your own pace vs. going too fast for your body.

I hope this helps. Hopefully others will post as well. 

Hello everyone!! how's everybody doing today!! this cool thread seems quiet.

Keeka, Shamo, Kallie= how are you guys doing, hope you're doing okay and continue your healing process!!!

MCM

I am days away from 2.5 now.

Battling some chemical anxiety

Yesterday I was positive

On and off

Did others have chemical anxiety while tapering?

I don't want to slow down I have been suffering for 10 mos on this taper and it's just sucked

To others I look normal

I am working and parenting but am tempted for detox tonight it's just such hell

Sorry to vent

Yes I had chemical anxiety and depression the whole time pretty much. Its not a good feeling is it. I understand your wanting to detox...but whatever youre feeling right now will be trippled if you jump from where you are now at 2.5mg...and then you'll have to just wait it out for who knows how long.

Thank you

Just feeling so desperate

Glad to know You had the chemical anxiety and are doing better now

Do u think 5-6 mos is reasonable to get off 2.5? I can't hang on longer. This poison is killing me. I know it will be horrible if I go to detox

I got in this mess being on .5 Ativan 3 times per wk for four mos believe it or not

Thay is equivalent to about 2mg per day I never thought about it like that and made the biggest mistake of my life.

Let's hope there is a purpose here

I haven't  posted much here lately. I'm down to 1.3mg. I was tapering .01mg a day but tried cutting .1mg every 10 days instead. I'm feeling pretty crappy today. Cut my dose 3 days ago. I'm wondering if even cutting .1mg every 10 days is too much? Should I go back to .01 a day? I just find this ridiculous how long it's taking. I have some other health issues I need to address but need to be off the Valium first. Was really hoping to be Valium free by the end of the year. What rate are others cutting that are near 1.3mg?

Thanks!

Done tapering!!!  Goodluck to us Kgirl!!! another journey to begin...

Congratulations MCM - nice to be doing this with a buddy.  Hopefully we will have a decent journey from now on.  Way to go. :smitten:

Thanks Shake, thanks Kgirl goodluck to you, whatever it takes this jump is only the beginning of another journey.. God Bless everyone.

Congrats MCM and KGirl! Two of my faves  :)

Guys just wondering. I've been hit with this horrendous sickness. It feels like a flu. Yesterday my body was aching all over and was throwing up. Didnt eat anything. Today I feel better but still not great. Wondering if this is due to jumping 13 days ago and maybe the valium leaving my system? Interestingly, I haven't really got sick pretty much the whole time I was tapering for 9 months.

I hope you feel better soon

Glad today is better

I think it sounds like benzo flu

It happened to me after the fast taper and it seems to hit around day 10-14. Hopefully it will pass real soon since you did a reasonable taper.

Are you able to sleep?

When it happened to me last winter I couldn't figure out if it was the actual flu or benzo flu. Now it's clear... If you don't have a fever or anything it's probably the poison leaving your body! Woo hoo! Lucky you are doing this in summer time! Keep us posted.

Thanks jackson. Yes i can sleep. Its just weird cause I havent really had any physical symptoms the whole way. Just anxiety and depression. I spose its a good sign though. The body finally letting go.