Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

thanks Shamo,  hopefully your symptoms is on ly benzo flu, I have that s/x before jumping, this time seems my body is adjusting but a lot way better this time no more tapering, hoping to have fast recovery.

keeka, kgirl= how are you guys doing!!!

Hi there

Been staying away from the Forum lately... Finding a need to move on but I'm still struggling.

I got hit with slight ear pressure, tightness in chest, congestion... I was wondering if it was the flu or sxs.

I am at day 46 and thought I would be great by now but no such luck.

I am glad that every day I am further away from the poison but I am struggling with depression.

It's brutal

K

Are you still on remeron keekA?

Or have you tapered off?

46 days is still early days.. If u can sleep it's good.

Are you able to work?

I've been tapering my Zoloft from 150 mgs, now at 100 mgs.  It's been 8 days since I cut the  AD.  I am hoping that the weakness I am feeling is from the AD taper now mixed with the poison jump.

Really... Is 46 days that early?

Not working yet.

Still very weak.

K

Im definitely experiencing something I havent before. Ive got this really weird light headed feeling where i feel like if I talk too much im going to pass out from expending too much energy, and also dizzy. Im kind of seeing it as a positive though cause it means the last of the valium is definitely leaving my body.

I didnt have any hopes to be feeling better for atleast a month after jumping because it would take atleast 2-3 weeks to feel better after a cut when I was tapering so why would it be any quicker? Im exactly 2 weeks since jumping.

That's great you sound positive

Are you working and living life despite sxs?

No more throwing up? Good news

So lucky! Good job

Shamo... I feel the way you do at 47 days... I keep thinking its alergies.  I have also tapered my AD so wonder if it's just been too much for me.

I hope you don't feel this way long.  It sucks.

K

Yeah Jackson I'm still working and trying to exercise. I'm meant to be moving out of my parents house next week and moving states again to go and live with a friend. I lived in this state before all this happened but had to move home. I was trying to see this stay like a 'rehab' stint with my parents. I've been here 7 months and got clean, finished the taper. I'm kind of feeling iffy about going because I'll be so far away from them if something goes wrong. But on the other hand it's basically just depression I'm dealing with so it will probably help to go and get out there and live with my friend, rather than sitting around here sooking.

Keeka I wish you some good healing. Sorry you are still feeling rough. It's hard to know what's going on if you're polydrugged. When I started an AD a few months ago I freaked out badly because I didn't know what was causing what. 

Has anyone had any stomach issues before? This is really strange. I've never had any issues at all with it. But the last 3 days something weird has happened. It's like I'll eat food but my stomach wont digest it. Yesterday I ate some pizza at 6pm and then at 2am it hadnt digested at all and was still just sitting in my stomach. So I ended up throwing it up. Today I had a banana and mango smoothy at 10am and it still feels like I just drank it 5mins ago, and it's now 3pm. It's not really a massive problem but just wondering if anyone has experienced it. I've got no appetite either because I feel full anyway for no reason.

Shamo- yes that's exactly what happened to me during my MT attempt. No vomiting but I've learned how to not vomit (after 2 pregnancies with 9 months straight of nausea each time). Get sea bands for the nausea. Helps! May help the appetite a bit too. Distract while eating so you can eat- like read (not BB) or watch TV. I had that "full" feeling, not digesting and loose stool with wt loss. It has cleared up now but I have been holding my dose (=5.6mg V) - it took several wks. I'm gaining wt again. Also are you taking any supplements? I have been tapering a supplement while holding the benzo and that may be what has helped my GI too. Seems like GI sx's are common. Lots of GABA in the GI.

I'm not in the Cool Club yet but I like lurking here, waiting for my day to get in. :)

Thanks Lib. Nah no suppliments I'm just kind of battling it out. Yes this is such a weird feeling. Since that smoothie this morning I've just had a few vita wheats and a hot chocolate. Usually I eat shitloads haha.

You will be in the Cool Club very soon! But sorry can't allow you entry just yet... ;)

Thanks Shamo- you will feel better in time. Do try the sea bands. You just wear them on your wrists and I swear it helps the nausea. Great for ppl w/ motion sickness or chemo nausea too. Totally noninvasive.

Congrats Arcade!!

hows everyone doing today, hope everyone are on the healing process!!! Shamo, Keeka, Kallie, Kgirl, Arcade.

For me,  there is no changes yet aside from no more tapering, just stomach a bit rumbly,  hoping that  recovery is smoother than when on tapering.  MCM

Hi there

I have been dealing a lot with depression and light headedness.

I also tapered AD so my brain has no idea what's going on....

I get scared as I feel like it could be something else.

Around day 50 from jump and day 12 from AD taper.  My brain needs to settle down... I sure hope it does... This is scary stuff.

K

Not working... But that's also due to economy

Sleeping... I take a Zoplicone..

Who knows... It's all tough but I am sticking to hat I am taking as its too much now for my little brain.  Been tapering way too much... Time to heal now

[ac...]

Hi there

I have been dealing a lot with depression and light headedness.

I also tapered AD so my brain has no idea what's going on....

I get scared as I feel like it could be something else.

Around day 50 from jump and day 12 from AD taper.  My brain needs to settle down... I sure hope it does... This is scary stuff.

K

Keeka, please don't be scared - this is totally normal after an AD taper.

It sounds as though you are doing really well, all things considered. Your brain really will settle down. I was a mess after tapering from Paxil (last November), and then Ativan, but the depression is gone most days now.  :thumbsup:

Leslie are you doing ok after medical detox? I am considering it. At 2.5 mg of Valium. Half way point today. I regret reinstatement. Today at work having a hard time w anxiety. Last 3 days were good when not working. Trying to balance life/work /kids

[ac...]

Leslie are you doing ok after medical detox? I am considering it. At 2.5 mg of Valium. Half way point today. I regret reinstatement. Today at work having a hard time w anxiety. Last 3 days were good when not working. Trying to balance life/work /kids

Hi Jackson, it was actually a cold turkey supervised by my PDoc - I didn't go to a detox facility.

But I'm doing much better than I was on Ativan once it became paradoxical. I jumped at 0.5 mg of Ativan (roughly the equivalent of 5 mg of Valium ?), so it has been rough, but not as bad as continuing to take the benzo after it turned. Jumping was an improvement at that point, because by then each dose sent me into a frenzy.

If you do anything like that, be sure to have your doctor involved. I was taking gabapentin to offset a lot of the worst side effects, which I think helped. I can't say I recommend jumping, unless you think you will feel better than you would by staying on the taper.

I know what you mean about balancing - I'm still working, but used up all of my sick leave and a lot of vacation time since the tolerance WD began, plus (of course) family issues only increased the drama, yikes.

Glad you had some good days though - that's a great sign!  :thumbsup:

My problems started w only .5 three times weekly and when I unknowingly stopped I went into severe cold turkey then tried to do a fast taper (6 wks) from 5 mg of Valium and was doing ok then crashed so hard I reinstated

What paradoxical reactions did you have?

I am considering doing NAD treatment

I just have to push thru.

I have to remember last 3 days were pretty good. I was hiking and felt "happy"

Maybe it's just a wave.

But the chest pain panic feeling is so awful it's chemical anxiety

Never had this in my life. Ever.

So glad you are doing better

Did you do pheno?

[ac...]

My problems started w only .5 three times weekly and when I unknowingly stopped I went into severe cold turkey then tried to do a fast taper (6 wks) from 5 mg of Valium and was doing ok then crashed so hard I reinstated

What paradoxical reactions did you have?

I am considering doing NAD treatment

I just have to push thru.

I have to remember last 3 days were pretty good. I was hiking and felt "happy"

Maybe it's just a wave.

But the chest pain panic feeling is so awful it's chemical anxiety

Never had this in my life. Ever.

So glad you are doing better

Did you do pheno?

Paradoxical reactions: The doses began to rev me up instead of calming me. I got raging insomnia, my heart was pounding out of my chest, and I was totally more anxious on benzos than off - it became like swallowing poison.

No pheno, just gabapentin and later on, Remeron briefly, to sleep (don't bother, it didn't help for long).

Now? No drugs, nothing!  :thumbsup:

Still feel ultra-crappy on many days, but much better than before I jumped.