3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

i dont even know how to do a dry taper....id like to know i have 5MG left of V to taper off of. Was doing 1MG every 2 weeks before but hitting a wall..... if i wanted to taper 1MG a month with dry micro tapering how would i do this?

I do this but not a microtaper. I cut and hold one month or more.

And remember at some point the percentage goes way up as we near the end.  the last day is 100%!  ;) 

Knowing yourself is the key ( for me)

You are so right! If we cut 10% every two weeks, we would be tapering into infinity! I have heard of people jumping off at 3 mgs (though I don't recall the result). I was thinking of jumping off at about .03 mgs by continuing my micro taper and cutting from 1 to 0 mgs over a 28 day period.

I hope you're doing well. You and I are both at 3 mgs, correct?

There is no way in hell I could jump right now at about 2.8mg.  I misjudged a dry cut yesterday and OMFG!.  There is that philosophy of not jumping, but walking off, tapering down slowly to the end.  That will be my plan.  It appears, anecdotally that the acute phase seems easier that way.

I try try try not to look at the goal line but to keep my eye on how I'm feeling, knowing that getting off does not mean an end to symptoms, simply a new phase so to speak.

:)

i dont even know how to do a dry taper....id like to know i have 5MG left of V to taper off of. Was doing 1MG every 2 weeks before but hitting a wall..... if i wanted to taper 1MG a month with dry micro tapering how would i do this?

Here's a post I made on the previous page in this thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=151673.msg3456042#msg3456042

I'm at 3 mgs as of yesterday. Hope this helps. I believe there is a Support Group for those micro-tapering as well.

Finally, at 3mgs tonight!  Started V for one month by my dr, but totally wrong med for my problem, see story in my signature.  Quick V taper from 11.5 mgs to 3 mgs, Jan21 to April 25.  Put on gabapentin Feb 21.  1200mgs a day now, I will taper that after V taper.  Sleep is not as great now as it was with gpent at first, but otherwise I'm  ok, functiioning well about 50 percent.

Finally, at 3mgs tonight!  Started V for one month by my dr, but totally wrong med for my problem, see story in my signature.  Quick V taper from 11.5 mgs to 3 mgs, Jan21 to April 25.  Put on gabapentin Feb 21.  1200mgs a day now, I will taper that after V taper.  Sleep is not as great now as it was with gpent at first, but otherwise I'm  ok, functiioning well about 50 percent.

Yay!  Congratulations on making it to 3mg!  It is so exciting getting to 3.  I remember making it to 3 and now i am at 1.49mg.  Slow and steady.

Marie

Did you get answered over on the micro taper boards? You can always scroll back through them.  Bob has the links how to do them and I think spreadsheets too, you can find them on those boards if you just scroll back through them.

Is there a reason why you want to do dry vs liquid? I only ask because V comes in a liquid form by RX and that just makes it pretty easy.  If you live in the states, you can also have it compounded at a compound pharmacy and it’s pretty cheap.  I do a combo of pill’s and liquid and do a micro with both.  It’s very easy and I don’t have to weigh and file pill’s…but some people “enjoy” doing that too  :)

Marie

Hi,

I know this is a bit off topic. I've posted on the gabapentin withdrawal group but I see that group's a bit dead so I'll put the link to my post here in case someone with experience with gabapentin cares to have a look at my question.

For the record of this group, I am probably doing the slowest valium taper on BBs and  I just can't go any faster. I did five cold turkeys and faster tapers in the past, over the years, with no major issues, but due to all that going on and off, my brain is now incapable of tapering any faster than this (what they call kindling), so this is what I'm capable of doing. I hope I get there eventually but who knows.

Good luck to everyone here.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84267.msg3456415#msg3456415

HI-

At least you are tapering and will get there!  That is the ultimate goal.  I am going pretty slow too…ugh.  If I don’t do, or can’t do the NAD+ and jump, it is going to take me another year to get off..that will put me at over 3year’s to taper :o

Marie

Hi,

I know this is a bit off topic. I've posted on the gabapentin withdrawal group but I see that group's a bit dead so I'll put the link to my post here in case someone with experience with gabapentin cares to have a look at my question.

For the record of this group, I am probably doing the slowest valium taper on BBs and  I just can't go any faster. I did five cold turkeys and faster tapers in the past, over the years, with no major issues, but due to all that going on and off, my brain is now incapable of tapering any faster than this (what they call kindling), so this is what I'm capable of doing. I hope I get there eventually but who knows.

HI-

At least you are tapering and will get there!  That is the ultimate goal.  I am going pretty slow too…ugh.  If I don’t do, or can’t do the NAD+ and jump, it is going to take me another year to get off..that will put me at over 3year’s to taper :o

Marie

Hi Marie. Three years is nothing! Look at my signature. Between one drug and another, I've been tapering forever! 😭😭😭🙌🙌🙌💪💪💪💪💪💪

Hi,

HI-

Marie

Hi Marie. Three years is nothing! Look at my signature. Between one drug and another, I've been tapering forever! 😭😭😭🙌🙌🙌💪💪💪💪💪💪

Yes…you have definitely been on the long side of the taper process, but the good news is: You are doing it!!  You will one day hopefully be all done with this process and because you went nice and slow, you should be able to feel so much better  :mybuddy:  that is the “theory”  :crazy:

Just keep doing what you are doing  :thumbsup:

Marie

That is amazing Marie!

Thank you for that…..”amazing”…when you put it like that, it does feel, amazing!  What a long road it has been and still quite a lot of miles to go  :laugh:

Marie

BB’s.

I just got out of the ER.  I have a kidney stone (again) and was/am in so much pain.  It is a 4mm, and she says she see’s a 5mm up there.  If a 5mm drops, then I will have to have surgery/ or the ultrasound treatment.  It may never drop, so that is some good news….”but”…. :laugh: :laugh:

I just knew I had one, I got this strange pain in my lower back and I ran upstairs and told my son that I think I have another kidney stone, but this time it is on my left side.  He said, “I’ll take you to the hospital”.  I said, “Not this time, I am going in an ambulance”.  Last time, it was just so agonizing, and waiting in the er and they weren’t even busy then, but this was this evening and I knew it was busy, and I was already in a tremendous amount of pain, my stomach started to bloat and my blood pressure was way up (when they got here, it was sky high) and I just couldn’t imagine having to possible wait hours in the ER.  Good call, they were worried about my blood pressure and I was in so much pain, they medicated me in the ambulance  :thumbsup:  I still had to wait at the ER for quite a while, but I was comfortable to some degree and was in the process of getting answers.  I also have an infection, so it was a good thing I went.  Now I just have to pass it….ugh, I just realized they forgot to give me the hat/strainer.  Oh well, I have a strainer that will work  :D

There is a cyst on my spleen, and something on my adrenal gland….so hmmmm.  I am going to have to get these things looked into.  Hoping for the best.

That’s my exciting news……  :-\

Marie

BB’s.

I just got out of the ER.  I have a kidney stone (again) and was/am in so much pain.  It is a 4mm, and she says she see’s a 5mm up there.  If a 5mm drops, then I will have to have surgery/ or the ultrasound treatment.  It may never drop, so that is some good news….”but”…. :laugh: :laugh:

I just knew I had one, I got this strange pain in my lower back and I ran upstairs and told my son that I think I have another kidney stone, but this time it is on my left side.  He said, “I’ll take you to the hospital”.  I said, “Not this time, I am going in an ambulance”.  Last time, it was just so agonizing, and waiting in the er and they weren’t even busy then, but this was this evening and I knew it was busy, and I was already in a tremendous amount of pain, my stomach started to bloat and my blood pressure was way up (when they got here, it was sky high) and I just couldn’t imagine having to possible wait hours in the ER.  Good call, they were worried about my blood pressure and I was in so much pain, they medicated me in the ambulance  :thumbsup:  I still had to wait at the ER for quite a while, but I was comfortable to some degree and was in the process of getting answers.  I also have an infection, so it was a good thing I went.  Now I just have to pass it….ugh, I just realized they forgot to give me the hat/strainer.  Oh well, I have a strainer that will work  :D

There is a cyst on my spleen, and something on my adrenal gland….so hmmmm.  I am going to have to get these things looked into.  Hoping for the best.

That’s my exciting news……  :-\

Marie

So glad they took care of you with a shot for that pain, you're dealing with a lot, I just can't imagine  :(  Glad you are close to good medical care, we have a hospital here, and it's over-run, especially since Covid.  Doctors and nurses don't stay in this town long, they get burn-out or just move on to better bigger and better places.

I'm so sorry for all your suffering Marie  :'( Was so glad to see you this a.m. though, keep in touch when you can, Denise  :smitten:

Ive passed 4 kidney stones two different times (2 stones each time) and boy, yeah you can tell that feeling i always at first think its indigestion, but then the pain comes on rapidly and even having my wife drive me to the ER which was 20 min away i didnt think i was going to make it. The pain is so bad i wanted out of the car, couldnt even stand just sitting there. 

Marie,

I had to mostly step away from BB, really wasn't up to posting. Still in acute, but seeing small improvements.

Sorry to hear about your kidney stone issue.  :(  It's good that you got it addressed, not so good they found other things. Bad enough we have to go through benzo w/d, without having other issues plague us. Hope you are resting, drinking a lot of fluids, and they've got you on a low oxalate diet to reduce occurrences. I hope the other issues end up being minor ones easily taken care of. Keeping you in my prayers.  :smitten:

[move]* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[/move]

Updated my ticker, 100% benzo free! :highfive:  ;D ;D ;D  In terrible acute  :(, started turning a corner today, which is when many who did IV NAD+ did. I guess I'm no longer a member of the 3,2,1: Under 3 mg group anymore, because I am at 0! <Jumps up and down> Feels soooo good to be saying that now. I'll still check this thread, though. But howmanytimes and VintageGuitar have been giving lots of great advice to those still tapering. I'd be using it if I was still doing that.  :thumbsup:

Hi my BB’s -Thank you for your sweet replies and warm wishes.

Spitfire - Omg…I know what you mean about wanting to standup and being in the car.  The first time when my daughter took me, all I kept thinking about was jumping out of the car at every light we stopped at, and calling an ambulance too. :laugh: :laugh:  It was so intense….I thought I was dying (that was my first time).

Lottie- I left you a message on your thread too.  However I forgot to congratulate you on being BENZO FREE!! WOOHOO!  However, we still would love to have you here.  You are a wealth of information  :highfive:  I am sorry like I said, that you are suffering so much, but hopefully your next round of NAD+ Patches will help you.  :therethere:

Denise - I left you a message too over on our little thread too  :smitten:

Anyone else, I am sorry if I missed you personally…..I need to run for few…..

Marie

Hi,

HI-

Marie

Yes…you have definitely been on the long side of the taper process, but the good news is: You are doing it!!  You will one day hopefully be all done with this process and because you went nice and slow, you should be able to feel so much better  :mybuddy:  that is the “theory”  :crazy:

Just keep doing what you are doing  :thumbsup:

Marie

Thank you so much for the validation and encouragement Marie. I don't come in here every day as I used to, only when I need to see some medication or sth, but it's so nice to feel this supporting vibe. I don't know what NAD is but whatever you do I hope it works. My position, as I had a taper go wrong that could've gone well if I had gone slower and I'd be off long ago, is to take it as slow as your body and brain requires, but I know sometimes a faster taper can work, as they did for me in the past, so I think deep down each of us know, assessing our symptoms, what we must do.

I`ve had a helluva painful day,  I dropped to 2mg diaz from 2.25mg and it`s been awful. 

I`m relieved to see others here are getting muscle pain too, no way do I wish this on a living soul but it helps so much to not feel so alone with pain like this.

I`m going to stick with 2mg now I`ve reached it but wondering if holding the dose really works?  I`ll hold for a month and hopefully feel able to cut again but at 2mg will holding really work at this low dose? 

I wonder what your pain feels like, if you`re getting it too?  Mine is like a squeezing, pulling very painful sensation. 

Wish we could all get off soon and begin our true healing.

Nevercantell,

I am sorry you are suffering right now, I get that completely- I am at 3.8mg right now.  I hope things get better for you soon!

I do feel that healing takes place while tapering.  If it didn't, we would never feel stable enough to keep lowering our dose.  Just my thoughts as I continue to taper.

Hugs to you!

remember stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good or great. I think a lot of benzo buddies think stable is feeling good. I never felt 'good' on my diazepam taper.  In fact, I had to speed it up a tad because I could not justify felling crappy 9 real bad) for months of holding of doing a turtle taper.

I also stopped obsessive rumination about eating the way many people do.  I consume sugar and caffeine , no alcohol and no over the counter drugs.'I eat pizza and pasta with lots of vegetables and I always taste a little bit of dessert if it is offered to me.  I don't go overboard, but for me, worry about very little thing that could trigger my symptoms ( especially food) was making me more neurotic.  I eat what I want for the most part..never fast food, though.  in the Ashton manual it says not to be fanatical about changing your diet, for me that was a godsend.  I am so much happier now and I am almost of valium. finally freee of worry something I am going to eat will bother me.

If something doe bother me, I just stay away from it.  Stopping the worry was key for me. Live a life as close to normal as you can.  I ate a huge slice of my nephews birthday cake and felt fine.

My been coach is preparing me to jump at . 5 diazepam.  He has also helped me stay off the boards and not read things that will make me think bad thought or scare me.

I have sped up my taper becasue the diazepam was making me more sick taking it.  I feel great and all my depression and mental symptoms have left me.  I still get the tight band around the head and pains in the body.  I am convinced these will fade once I am completely off the diazepam and am in fulll healing mode.  I already plan to have a huge celebratory party down the line and I ma going to that myself to a river or oceans cruise, and a new car when I'm done.

I will not let benzos **** up my life anymore and live in fear of reducing doses.  Good luck to all.  I'll be praying for you.

I'm with you widesky.  I am convinced the valium was making me super depressed as the dp would clear about 2pm everyday.  As i am lower on my dose, 2.4 mgs tonight,, my dp is less, but my insomnia is worse, but I still have more positive days than when I was at 10mgs.

Thanks Cooper for your kind thoughts. 

PaulaDee, I noticed this isn`t your 1st time off, I`m the same and regret ever taking a benzo again but here we are and hopefully we`ll be off soon and can start the real healing.

I`m at 2mg diaz and I`ll drop to 1.75 in three days,  that will be two weeks I`ve done on the 2mg.  I`ve honestly given up on the math but hopefully that`s not too high a % ?

I was reading Ashton, she was dropping folk by 1mg at this far down our taper, I would love to do that and get it over with but I don`t think I dare. So it`s 0.25 mg cuts for me until I reach 0.5 and then I`m off.

I woke at 4 am to use the bathroom and I was fine. A slight backache but nothing I couldn`t deal with for the rest of my life.  I was hoping that was a sign of a window day ahead but sadly nope, everything kicked after I went back to sleep and woke at 7.  Anyone else have that kind of window during the night?   

be well everyone

As i am lower on my dose, 2.4 mgs tonight,, my dp is less, but my insomnia is worse, but I still have more positive days than when I was at 10mgs.

I`m at 2mg diaz and I`ll drop to 1.75 in three days,  that will be two weeks I`ve done on the 2mg.  I`ve honestly given up on the math but hopefully that`s not too high a % ?

I was reading Ashton, she was dropping folk by 1mg at this far down our taper, I would love to do that and get it over with but I don`t think I dare. So it`s 0.25 mg cuts for me until I reach 0.5 and then I`m off.

Hi PaulaDee and nevercantell.

I just arrived at 2.5 mgs of diazepam this morning. I have been dry micro-tapering 1 mg of diazepam every 21 days. I've had some decent hours and moments, but for the most part I've been homebound and mostly bed-bound. I have some thyroid issues intermingled with the benzo taper, and my thyroid issue (medically induced hyperthyroidism post-thyroidectomy) mimics a lot of the withdrawal symptoms.

What pace are you both tapering at and at what amount do you plan on jumping? I know we're all different, but I am so optimistically excited at the prospect of not taking this junk any more. Trying to remain reasonable as well, or course.

I hope you're having a decent day.

I woke at 4 am to use the bathroom and I was fine. A slight backache but nothing I couldn`t deal with for the rest of my life.  I was hoping that was a sign of a window day ahead but sadly nope, everything kicked after I went back to sleep and woke at 7.  Anyone else have that kind of window during the night?   

If and when I fall asleep, if I wake for anything and don't get out of bed I feel fine. If I do anything more than simply use the bathroom, I can feel my symptoms kick in. The same goes for my mornings. One I get moving my symptoms roll in. Somedays they are worse than others. It's always a surprise.  ::)

I'm down to 2mgs, doing 1 mg every two weeks,  but I was only on it for a month before my taper.  I did a taper 17 years ago from ativan, so maybe this is why I had such a hard time this time round.  Never touching another benzo again...ever!