3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Ok just learned this... what does this mean for my dosing 3x/day ? Ugh i need to eliminate doses

"Diazepam accumulates upon multiple dosing and there is some evidence that the terminal elimination half-life is slightly prolonged."

i dont get it how are you guys doing this. I was on 10mG now on 7MG, not having too bad of a time so far but trying to think of a backup plan in case the lower i go it gets rough. I got 5mG pills and 2MG pills.

Hi- If you can handle decreasing at your current rate, w/o a bunch of sx, more power to you.  However pay attention to sx as they can sneak up on you quickly.  The lower you go the higher the % the decrease will become.  So a 7mg to 6mg decrease is 14.30%, 6mg-5mg is 16.67%,  5 to 4 is 20% and it just keeps getting larger.  The general rule of thumb is 5-10% every 2 weeks, and even 5-10% monthly (symptom based) depending on which data you are going with.

I personally do a daily micro taper that I use pill’s and liquid ( I use a compound pharmacy for my liquid) and this helped because the cutting bi-weekly for me was just too hard.  This gave me much more control.  I also was looking forward to when I would be on lower doses, and liquid just seemed to be easier for me than using a scale and filing pill’s, although I bought a scale and file just in case.

Keep up the good work  :)

Marie

I'm at 1.75mg of diazepam. I've only been on them 9 or 10 weeks because of a family crisis. I took 4.75mg per day and wasn't stable as I was terrified of them due to a previous withdrawal in 2004. I can't move around due to a rocking on a boat sensation and over all I just feel shocking. Made my first 0.25mg cut yesterday 9/3/2023. Current dose 1.75mg per day.

Hi Dido and welcome.  I am so sorry to hear about your family crisis and your benzo situation.  That is how I found myself here too.  First, are you feeling the rooking and boat sensation now and all over shock, or was that when you were on the 4.75 dose and the rapid w/d?  The reason I ask is you stated you were only on them 9-10 weeks and unfortunately it doesn’t take very long for benzo dependence to take hold, especially when we have had a previous dependency and had to taper in the past.  The brain remember apparently.  Also your cut from 2mg down .25mg is an 80% decrease and that is a large cut.  Are you working with your doctor on this?  Making large cuts can cause very debilitating sx and the goal is to try and do this as gently as possible.

Did you feel stable enough on your 2mg dose before you made your first cut? Had your rapid detox sx stabilized on the 2mg?

I know this is a few days later, and maybe you got answers somewhere else on the boards.  Hope you are feeling better.

Marie

Hi all, I`m now at 3mg of diazepam, and getting awful muscle pains across my back. Apart from that I`m functioning ok-ish. Some dizziness but that`s minor today.

Just looking for a buddie who maybe having the same sx as me and at 3mg too. 

I`m reducing 1mg a month, probably going too fast but I want off.  I`ll now do 15 days at 3mg then reduce to 2.5mg .  Keep going everyone

Hi Nevercantell-

Yes…I have terrible muscle and bone pain…ugh.  I had to take pain meds this month ( I have taken them before, for breakthrough pain) for a couple weeks, as I just couldn’t handle it anymore.  It was wearing me down so much, and really affecting my day to day life.  What a difference it made!  It gave me such a new lease on life….LOL! 

I could not reduce at your rate, I would be in benzo flu world and for sure be in severe pain.  I can only reduce by about 7% a month.  I was able to reduce just over 8% in the past 5 weeks, and that is with the pain medication.  But I get a host of other sx if I reduce faster, so you are lucky that you can reduce at such large amounts.  If your pain does continue to get much worse, you may want to cut back just a little bit on your % as the lower you get the higher those % will become and it may make things worse for you.

Congratulations on your progress  :thumbsup:

Marie

I'm at 1.75mg of diazepam. I've only been on them 9 or 10 weeks because of a family crisis. I took 4.75mg per day and wasn't stable as I was terrified of them due to a previous withdrawal in 2004. I can't move around due to a rocking on a boat sensation and over all I just feel shocking. Made my first 0.25mg cut yesterday 9/3/2023. Current dose 1.75mg per day.

Hi Dido and welcome.  I am so sorry to hear about your family crisis and your benzo situation.  That is how I found myself here too.  First, are you feeling the rooking and boat sensation now and all over shock, or was that when you were on the 4.75 dose and the rapid w/d?  The reason I ask is you stated you were only on them 9-10 weeks and unfortunately it doesn’t take very long for benzo dependence to take hold, especially when we have had a previous dependency and had to taper in the past.  The brain remember apparently.  Also your cut from 2mg down .25mg is an 80% decrease and that is a large cut.  Are you working with your doctor on this?  Making large cuts can cause very debilitating sx and the goal is to try and do this as gently as possible.

Did you feel stable enough on your 2mg dose before you made your first cut? Had your rapid detox sx stabilized on the 2mg?

I know this is a few days later, and maybe you got answers somewhere else on the boards.  Hope you are feeling better.

Marie

Hi Marie, I wasn't even stable on 4.75mg but was terrified to take more. And no, not stable whatsoever on 2mg either. The rocking boat sensation started  when I rapidly cut down from 4.75 to zero within 7 days as my doctors wouldn't prescribe any more. Because I was in such a state a friend of a family member stepped in and gave me 3 boxes of 28 2mg tablets so I reinstated to 2mg per day a day later when I got them.

Bob7 did me the taper plan for the amount of 2mg tablets I will have including another 28x2mgms that I will be getting from the family friend on the 24th of this month. . It's a 12 percent cut Marie every 2 weeks. One eighth. Doctors in the UK will no longer prescribe benzodiazepines so there is no chance at all in getting any more. They flatly refused to give me anymore to taper with so I have no choice.

Thank you

Diana

Ok just learned this... what does this mean for my dosing 3x/day ? Ugh i need to eliminate doses

"Diazepam accumulates upon multiple dosing and there is some evidence that the terminal elimination half-life is slightly prolonged."

Hi-

I haven’t heard about that…interesting.  I don’t understand why…but can you start to move one of your doses?

I originally got my dose to evenings like Ashland manual suggested, but then when I went to hybrid and did my daily micro with the pill’s and liquid, I would get lazy and do my pill at night and do the liquid portion in the morning/day (when it gets small, sometimes I miss a day :laugh:) so that moved me back to twice a day dosing.  So I do 1mg at night and pull .68ml(tomorrow is 67).  I don’t even feel when I take the liquid dose, so I wonder if it does what you mentioned at these lower doses??? Just curious.  So if I were to just take it all at night, and none during the day, if I would feel differently during this process…hmmm.

Anyway, what does would you move?

Marie

Marie

Hi Marie, I wasn't even stable on 4.75mg but was terrified to take more. And no, not stable whatsoever on 2mg either. The rocking boat sensation started  when I rapidly cut down from 4.75 to zero within 7 days as my doctors wouldn't prescribe any more. Because I was in such a state a friend of a family member stepped in and gave me 3 boxes of 28 2mg tablets so I reinstated to 2mg per day a day later when I got them.

Bob7 did me the taper plan for the amount of 2mg tablets I will have including another 28x2mgms that I will be getting from the family friend on the 24th of this month. . Doctors in the UK will no longer prescribe benzodiazepines so there is no chance at all in getting any more. They flatly refused to give me anymore to taper with so I have no choice.

Thank you

Diana

Diana-

Oh, I am so so sorry.  That is just horrible that doctors there won’t help you.  Thank goodness Bob has helped you with a schedule.  Maybe another friend will be able to step in and get you some more to help you too.  How frustrating. 

You will get support and encouragement here.  Hang in there….

Marie

Hi, how is everyone feeling under 3mg? What are your symptoms? Are some worse than others? Are they worse upon waking from sleep? Does anyone feel disorientated/drunk upon waking? I hate my head symptoms especially on waking. I have bad head pressure along with a buzzing brain, and a drunk disorientated sensation. They are worse when I first wake up from a night sleep or a Nap. I'm currently at 1.75mg of diazepam

Thank you

Diana

Hi, how is everyone feeling under 3mg? What are your symptoms? Are some worse than others? Are they worse upon waking from sleep? Does anyone feel disorientated/drunk upon waking? I hate my head symptoms especially on waking. I have bad head pressure along with a buzzing brain, and a drunk disorientated sensation. They are worse when I first wake up from a night sleep or a Nap. I'm currently at 1.75mg of diazepam

Thank you

Diana

Hi!

I'm the same as you. My main symptoms are head pressure dizziness and drunk feeling and its definitely worse in the morning. I'm so wobbly and unsteady I fell the other day and all I can do mow js laugh about it to keep from crying. I'm at 2.68mg

Hi-

I haven’t heard about that…interesting.  I don’t understand why…but can you start to move one of your doses?

I originally got my dose to evenings like Ashland manual suggested, but then when I went to hybrid and did my daily micro with the pill’s and liquid, I would get lazy and do my pill at night and do the liquid portion in the morning/day (when it gets small, sometimes I miss a day :laugh:) so that moved me back to twice a day dosing.  So I do 1mg at night and pull .68ml(tomorrow is 67).  I don’t even feel when I take the liquid dose, so I wonder if it does what you mentioned at these lower doses??? Just curious.  So if I were to just take it all at night, and none during the day, if I would feel differently during this process…hmmm.

Anyway, what does would you move?

Marie

Hi there buddy !

So i have no idea which dose i's move because mornings are terrible since i dose at 6:30pm then not again until 8am. My midday dose is 12:30pm and its what carries me to my 6:30pm dose which is a hard stretch already also.! I wonder if my morning dose was bigger(combined with midday) then i could make it to my afternoon dose ? Hmm idk. I really wish i didnt have any daytime doses as they make my days sedentary and miserable. All day i sit in one spot just waiting for my next dose :/

Hi Strong Like This..

Thank you for replying. Do you feel those sensations immediately upon opening your eyes before you even get out of bed?

The floaty boat rocking sensation affects a lot of people, there is even a dedicated thread on this board for those experiencing this. I see that Marie ( howmanytimes) addressed anything else. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0 I have had this pop-up at times, but it would go away. Some have a more persistent case of this sensation. I hope you can find support from that thread.

Thank you Lottie! Ive already read through it. Im just not finding anyone who has it more intense on waking. I literally feel drunk and disorentated after sleep and like im rocking on a boat :o

Half-life of each dose is up to 200 hours. So, when you do multiple doses, the half-life of your daily dose is prolonged past the normal half-life of once-a-day dosing. Can you manage on 2 or 1 dose of the same amount each day? Or do you experience interdose withdrawals when you do? Some are fast metabolizers, they clear diazepam faster than the average person. It is a genetic thing. If you can't handle doing less than 3x's a day, you might be a fast metabolizer. If you can handle once-a-day, in the end, it'll shorten the removal of the metabolites.  If you can't, because you are a fast metabolizer, it'll clear faster in the end. If you are not a fast metabolizer, it could extend the removal of remaining metabolites by a couple days. Once you step off diazepam, you still have to wait until it clears your system before you enter acute. Though many who tapered slowly said they went through acute while tapering off the last bits. And immediately entered waves and windows. I hope this makes sense, I'm having a ramcon1 moment where my brain feels disconnected.  ::)

Doctors in the UK will no longer prescribe benzodiazepines so there is no chance at all in getting any more. They flatly refused to give me anymore to taper with so I have no choice.

Thank you

Diana

There's a member named Leann who went through this. She had previously been c/t'd off zopiclone, which is a z-drug that is as close to a benzo you can get. It was never approved in the US. She recently went on a short course of diazepam, year 4 after her c/t. She's in the UK and mentioned they would only give her so much for so long, nothing after that. Many of us were trying to help her utilize what she had to taper off as long as she could. So, you are not the first person in the UK dealing with this situation. It sucks, and the UK is the country that gave us Professor Heather Ashton. The NHS is letting this happen, despite all of Ashton's decades long work saying it's not acceptable. It's an unfortunate situation you're in.

Exactly Lottie!! It is! In fact, my doctors who have caused me this suffering because of refusing to prescribe to do a taper!!

Hi BB’s- As far as sx and waves and when I was really struggling or when I do, mornings are always the worst for me.  Evening and nights have always been the best, I don’t know why.  Lately, I haven’t had as much trouble, but that is because I am going so slow, and I have finally found my sweet spot of about 7% a month. 

Strong -  I take my largest dose at like midnight every night, and that carries me through most of the cycle…like I said, I take the other liquid portion in the daytime now.. Example it is 12:46pm my time and I haven’t taken my .66ml (1ml =1mg) yet….I don’t take it at a certain time, just sometime in the afternoon, sometimes in the morning if I am going to be gone for most of the day, or I will forget, and take it late in the afternoon…as it gets lower, like I said, when it gets really low like .5, and those numbers I forget and skip a day  :idiot:….  So I am wondering, if you took your nighttime dose later, and started shifting your doses a bit, maybe you wouldn’t feel so “boaty” during the day.  I remember reading how V makes people feel like this, so maybe if more of it was in your system while you are sleeping it wouldn’t give you the side effects so much. And with the longer half life, it “should” hold you over…unless you are metabolizing it super fast, and needing it for anxiety during the day?  I’m just curious.  I only ask because for me, the low doses, I honestly didn’t “feel” anything from them.  I don’t feel anything from my doses at all.  I haven’t felt anything from my doses since about 4mg??  Definitely since 3.  I know my body is dependent, and if I were to just quit, I would be in a world of hurt, because if I try and go faster, I get bad sx…but I don’t get any relaxed feeling or sleepy, or reduced anxiety when I take my doses now, or for a while now.  :wacko: Anyway….just some thoughts….

It is so strange how this affects us all so differently, and how we metabolize it.  I am a fast metabolizer of med’s.  When I first started and making dry cuts, I would feel the cuts right away, it was horrible.  Daily micro tapering with the pill’s and liquid really helped so much.

Marie

Im getting off this shit really because i dont trust any of the Drs. that prescribe it. At any point any of us can be cut completely off, then where would we be?  You might think no this cant happen to me, but oh it sure can. Its happened to me twice now. All it takes is your Dr. retiring, dying, moving to another state ect. then there goes your prescription. It is completely up to the next Dr. that takes over for them how your going to come off of this garbage....and about 90% of them have no idea how to taper and will go for the gold standard which is two weeks. Its a scary thought.

Im getting off this shit really because i dont trust any of the Drs. that prescribe it. At any point any of us can be cut completely off, then where would we be?  You might think no this cant happen to me, but oh it sure can. Its happened to me twice now. All it takes is your Dr. retiring, dying, moving to another state ect. then there goes your prescription. It is completely up to the next Dr. that takes over for them how your going to come off of this garbage....and about 90% of them have no idea how to taper and will go for the gold standard which is two weeks. Its a scary thought.

So true…I was on TT and this lady was saying how she takes 8mg of K everyday, and her doctor is old and kind of wonky, but she has been on this dose for years and how sometimes she skips a couple of days so she thinks she is fine.  I explained the 1/2 life, and that if she was cut off, she most likely would not be fine.  Anyway, I said, most doctor’s don’t RX that kind of dose anymore and that she might want to start looking at cutting back now, why she has this doctor so she doesn’t find herself in a world of hurt.  Her doctor could very well retire at anytime or die, and she “could” find herself in big big trouble.  A new doctor would probably RX her, but not 8mg….probably give her a bunch of SSR’s ( I didn’t say any of this to her) and she would be hurting so bad.  There were others telling her the same thing.  I hope she listened.

Hopefully you can keep going at the pace you are with out getting bad sx.  There are those who have been successful at it :thumbsup:

Marie

I lost the excellent provider managing my taper, when she left to work somewhere else when they don't allow benzo scripts. Then went to Dr. A-hole once, he was a train-wreck, said I was doing it all wrong, wanted to speed up my taper, horrible. Gave some paper to my state Peer, which turned out to be a medical report full of lies. It has results of a physical he never did, and a mental health evaluation he also never did. He went so far as to diagnose me with paranoia and psychosis. Got another provider who told me to report Dr. a-hole to the medical board, and HIPPA (numerous violations took place the day I saw him. I walked out and never went back). He's been reported, medical board is taking it seriously. In my state, it might be grounds for a lawsuit. I'll decide after the state and feds finish their reviews and make a decision. Liked new provider, but the medical director said she could no longer treat me. Sad because she knows Ashton. I was referred to a new provider who has no idea of what I am doing, suggested things like skipping a dose every other day. We are now down to her just prescribing what I say I need, as I'm asking for less, not more. This was after I explained microtapering to her and showed her my scale, file, bottle of shavings, 36 compartment bin where I place all my filed and weighed doses. She has no idea of Ashton Method, she thought she was doing medication management. At least I still have a prescriber. 4 providers during 2+ years of tapering. I had 2 good ones, 1 really bad one, and 1 who'll at least prescribe. I'll take it. Plus, I had a computerized assessment with her practice, she told me I have 0 underlying mental health issues. Take that, Dr. A-hole! I may ask her for a copy of that if I sue that jerk. Plus, I showed his report to my Endo, and she said it was highly inappropriate, not to mention mostly inaccurate. So, you could get a Dr. A-hole who will force you to taper according to their plan. That's just as bad as being cut off. Fast tapers are as bad as cold turkeys. And this is why I am considering NAD+ treatment.

So true…I was on TT and this lady was saying how she takes 8mg of K everyday, and her doctor is old and kind of wonky, but she has been on this dose for years and how sometimes she skips a couple of days so she thinks she is fine.  I explained the 1/2 life, and that if she was cut off, she most likely would not be fine.  Anyway, I said, most doctor’s don’t RX that kind of dose anymore and that she might want to start looking at cutting back now, why she has this doctor so she doesn’t find herself in a world of hurt.  Her doctor could very well retire at anytime or die, and she “could” find herself in big big trouble.  A new doctor would probably RX her, but not 8mg….probably give her a bunch of SSR’s ( I didn’t say any of this to her) and she would be hurting so bad.  There were others telling her the same thing.  I hope she listened.

Marie

[move] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o[/move]

Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac was on 6 mg. of K. She went through hell as she was rapid tapered off the bulk of it in rehab. She weaned off the rest and said she had 45 days where she thought she was going to die. She fought herself through it. It is insane that doctors recklessly prescribe such massive amounts. In Nicks case, she'd hit tolerance, doctor kept increasing her dose. She says the worst mistake she ever made, was going to the psychiatrist who gave her K. I cannot imagine getting off that much K? It boggles my mind! I do hope she listened. You're right, even if she finds another doctor, that doctor might not prescribe so much. She could be withdrawing off a massive dose, because the new doctor won't prescribe nearly as much.

BenzoL- Wow, what a ride with the doc’s.  I can understand not sure if you want to sue or not want too, but the temptation to want to make it right would be high.  What a A-hole for sure.  You are lucky that you have a doctor that is letting you set the pace for now, as so many don’t have that going for them in this messed up system.  It is amazing that doctor’s still haven’t heard or the Ashton Method, or other newer protocol’s and still want to do rapid weans.  Stevie Nicks is an amazing women and one of my favorite artist.  I didn’t realize she was on that high of a dose.  I knew she had been thru benzo w/d, but not the details…WOW…poor women.  Yes, I hope the lady on TT is listening to me and the others, because I feel terrible for her when the day comes when she won’t be able to get that 8mg of K.

I have to correct my earlier claim.  I am not at .68ml today and tomorrow.67 (or today, its 12:21AM).

Going to bed soon..

Marie

It's true.  I feel the exact same way.

BenzoL- Wow, what a ride with the doc’s.  I can understand not sure if you want to sue or not want too, but the temptation to want to make it right would be high.  What a A-hole for sure. 

If the state medical board decides he egregiously violated the statutes (they emailed the letter to me, and quoted which ones they are investigating him for violating), definitely suing. And as far as HIPPA, the fact he made defamatory statements, as well as false information, which he gave to my former Peer, may mean he violated my civil rights under HIPPA laws. In that case, the DOJ would sue him on my behalf. Dr. A-hole is definitely going to face legal repercussions, but I have to let the process pan out, and wait for the state medical board and the feds to complete their investigations.  My most recent Peer thinks he'll lose his license. My previous provider said he is a terrible doctor. Numerous complaints online. She said they should be complaining to the state, not on the internet. She said he is known for being a terrible doctor. My former Peer set me up with him, and was upset that I refused to go back. Then proceeded to lecture me and verbally abuse me. I complained to my social worker. She broke several rules regarding Peers, she got fired. I listed her as a witness on my complaints, so she will probably be contacted. I'm going to request she be subpoenaed once it goes to court. This will be made right. I just don't have to deal with it now. The state is investigating, the feds have yet to get to it. It'll be some time before it ever gets to court.

You are lucky that you have a doctor that is letting you set the pace for now, as so many don’t have that going for them in this messed up system.  It is amazing that doctor’s still haven’t heard or the Ashton Method, or other newer protocol’s and still want to do rapid weans.  Stevie Nicks is an amazing women and one of my favorite artist.  I didn’t realize she was on that high of a dose.  I knew she had been thru benzo w/d, but not the details…WOW…poor women.  Yes, I hope the lady on TT is listening to me and the others, because I feel terrible for her when the day comes when she won’t be able to get that 8mg of K.

Marie

I'd rather have the previous provider who is actually an addiction and dependency certified provider, who knows Ashton, and used it with other patients. The current one agreed to take me from the practice the previous one works at. She agreed to provide treatment. She is now aware of what I'm doing, so she is still basically providing medication management, it's just to let me manage my tapering. I wouldn't have been without, as my previous provider told the medical director that unless and until another provider is found, she is ethically and morally obligated to treat me.

Stevie Nicks was on K for 8 years, and she basically began doing less and less public appearances. She says K took away her ability to write music, and it sapped all creativity from her. She was mostly absent from the public eye for a decade. She went to a rehab offering benzo detox, and spent two years staying with her brother and recovering. She was able to work on music again, and in year 3, she rapidly healed. I have always been a fan of her and Fleetwood Mac.

I hope that lady ends up with a doctor who is benzo-wise, and tells her that it's time to taper down that 8 mg. of K. But we both know that rarely happens. She needs to plan for the inevitable, and start now. With that being said, it should be both unethical and criminal to completely cut her off such a massive dose. I feel terrible for her too. The medical system is broken, I'm reaching out to elected and appointed officials to make changes.

Honestly, I just want to address Congress, take Stevie Nicks and Jonathon Davis of KORN (who has shared his own harrowing story of Xanax dependency, he somehow got himself off of it finally), and say "Enough is enough. You need to listen to Stevie, Jonathan and I tell our stories. And you need to make changes. Because we have a national benzo crisis in this country, and it keeps getting swept under the rug. People are dying every day due to benzos. Do something!." If they won't listen to me (I can be very persuasive), two well-known celebrities should get their attention. But I'm going to start with my congressional members first.

My brain just doesn't shut down, and a lot of it is looping and repetitive. I just need to zone out.