18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Went to see my Chinese herbal doctor today and was interesting having a chat while he checked up on me. I mentioned  the toxic feeling like i have been poisioned and he explained that while your nervous system is sensitive and compromised your organs arnt getting all the signals to operate correctly and can cause a build up of toxins.

Found this very interesting and makes sense. But dont worry he said its nothing to worry about and also mentioned this is why diet and clean living is so important in WD.

Thanks for this Lockie, I get that poisoned feeling too, had it this morning. Yes, it makes sense and it helps to know why. 

Went to see my Chinese herbal doctor today and was interesting having a chat while he checked up on me. I mentioned  the toxic feeling like i have been poisioned and he explained that while your nervous system is sensitive and compromised your organs arnt getting all the signals to operate correctly and can cause a build up of toxins.

Found this very interesting and makes sense. But dont worry he said its nothing to worry about and also mentioned this is why diet and clean living is so important in WD.

Seems some of these guys know a lot more than regular MD's do. I've had an acupuncturist I go to here and there and he also seems to know more about this sort of thing. Whereas a regular Western MD just wants to call you crazy if it doesn't fit their viewpoint.

Lol i find it quite amusing traditional eastern medicine is helping to cure the mess that western medicine left me in.

:idiot:

Getting a cold.  Ear and throat in pain and heart speeded up.  Didn't sleep all night.  Lying by the beach in the shade in Florida, playing Scrabble on my iPad and reading books from my library back home in Canada.  Feel like s..t but at least it's warm and the scenery is beautiful.  Hope everyone is having a not-too-awful day.♥️♥️

For colds and flu, I take Oscillococcinum by Boiron.  Knocks out the symptoms in a day.  My whole family takes it, including my grandchildren.  It is natural and safe.  Comes from duck liver.  The company is 70 years old I think.  It's sold at Whole Foods, Mother's Market and on Amazon. 

Sofa

Oscillococcinum by Boiron

i take this too when i feel a cold or flu coming on. it's so powerful, i love it. i will never ever get a flu shot as long as i live. i actually haven't even had one for about 20 years now.

that toxic feeling -- i woke up without it and i really think it is the brain's signals not communicating rightly. why on earth should one day i just wake up not feeling it when i have been feeling it for the last week pretty badly. ? you know? i have said this a million times before and will keep saying it - this healing trend is so bizzare.

PD,

The "bizarre-ness" is what gets to me too.  28.5 months I have the same thing every toxic morning and one day it is dampened down a little.  I can't even remember what normal feels like anymore.  This morning I spent 3 hours in the grips of the electrical current.  Last two nights the RLS is back at night.  Now I get a beeping in my ear at 7am that goes away after three 5-second rounds of it.  This is all too bizarre.  No wonder nobody believes us!

Sofa

PD,

The "bizarre-ness" is what gets to me too.  28.5 months I have the same thing every toxic morning and one day it is dampened down a little.  I can't even remember what normal feels like anymore.  This morning I spent 3 hours in the grips of the electrical current.  Last two nights the RLS is back at night.  Now I get a beeping in my ear at 7am that goes away after three 5-second rounds of it.  This is all too bizarre.  No wonder nobody believes us!

Sofa

i know i'm sure we sound crazy to doctor.s i see them have this wide eye look when i talk about the head symptoms and the pulling, pressure and what feels like a machine inside my head putting down all this pressure and explosions. they're like "what?"

Thanks for the tip, ladies.  If I feel well enough, I will get some.  Right now I have headache, ear ache, sore throat, nausea, shivery.  Can't eat my supper, at least not yet.  It's not like I feel much better normally, just an added load of misery now.  Glad I can't pass it on to you guys.

Flicka,

I've gotten two colds in withdrawal.  Not bad for 28.5 months.  Both times they lasted six days from beginning to end.  Colds are a walk in the park compared to withdrawal and I didn't notice huge upticks from them.  Yeah, maybe a bit higher level of everything, but not enough to remember it being horrible.  This is before I was recommended the Oscillococcinum.  Never had so much as a sniffle since then.  My family started taking it too, at the first sign of a sore throat, and we are all having a very healthy run, in spite of the school viruses the grandkids are exposed to.

Don't wait.  Pick some up now.  It will dampen down the symptoms, even if you didn't take it early enough to arrest the virus.  Chicken soup helps too.

Sofa

I googled it and there were all kinds of negative comments.  I have tried homeopathic remedies for different things in the past without much luck.  You and Pretty seem very convinced that it helps though.  I believe you so will have to try it.

Flicka,

Anything that adds to the misery during wd sucks! I hope this cold passes quickly and I'm glad you're at least in a pleasant environment.

PD and Sofa,

Yes, I have compassion, mostly, for the docs that think we're crazy. If I didn't have this forum I'd still be convinced I was crazy. Sure, I still wonder sometimes when symptoms are so bizarre and long-lasting.

Lockie and Siggy,

Thank goodness there are some nontraditional providers out there like Chinese docs that understand some of this. What a blessing. My acupuncture gal was  like that. The treatment didn't help my sleep but her understanding sure did.

Things have been up and down here. I've had 3 days in the past two weeks where I didn't feel so bad but most nights are still microsleep only. Maybe I'm evolving to not require sleep? As they so wisely said in the movie Mars Attacks: "Ack. Ack. Ack. Ack."

MT

I have a fever and a severe headache.  I feel too sick to get the remedy.  Would it hurt to take some Tylenol?  I hardly ever take anything.  Sorry to bug you guys and thanks for helping me when you feel crappy yourselves.

Flicka,

Anything that adds to the misery during wd sucks! I hope this cold passes quickly and I'm glad you're at least in a pleasant environment.

PD and Sofa,

Yes, I have compassion, mostly, for the docs that think we're crazy. If I didn't have this forum I'd still be convinced I was crazy. Sure, I still wonder sometimes when symptoms are so bizarre and long-lasting.

Lockie and Siggy,

Thank goodness there are some nontraditional providers out there like Chinese docs that understand some of this. What a blessing. My acupuncture gal was  like that. The treatment didn't help my sleep but her understanding sure did.

Things have been up and down here. I've had 3 days in the past two weeks where I didn't feel so bad but most nights are still microsleep only. Maybe I'm evolving to not require sleep? As they so wisely said in the movie Mars Attacks: "Ack. Ack. Ack. Ack."

MT

I've thought it would be awesome to be a robot that doesn't need sleep. Although I love to sleep, just not when I can't. Sorry to see you're still having problems. I'm hoping mine improves again.

I love that movies! My favorite line is, "They killed Congress!" as she laughs saying it.

Flicka - You poor thing. Sounds like the flu, rather than a cold. Rest, Rest, Rest. I very rarely

Take any meds either, but WILL and DO take Tylenol if needed. Thinking of you :smitten:

Thank you, Kiddo.  My husband had this before me and he was very sick and he had a flu shot.  he's still not feeling great.  I think I will take something before bed which will.hopefully allow me to sleep.  Didn't get any sleep last night.  I just can't force myself to eat anything since breakfast except a bit of fruit and the headache is terrible.  Thanks for thinking of me.  I started sneezing and blowing now too.  That doesn't bother me but the headache sure does.  Stay warm in Canada.❤️

Another crap night. Fell asleep at 11 and woke up at 2:30am. Couldn't go back to sleep. Feel terrible. Just so over this garbage.

Back pain has been off the charts for me again today, also fatigue that is beyond description but daren't nap as I still wake toxic if I do.

So decided to call Ian for reassurance!

He said our core symptom (for me pain) is almost always the last to go, but it will.

He would never allow himself to nap either as the toxic wakeup was awful for him too and not worth the nap.

Pain pills rarely work for benzo withdrawal pain... and because they don't (for me) that in itself tells him the pain is from the withdrawal.

We heal!  All of us ...everyone!

And we`re best not to put a time frame on it as that stresses us too much, to just cope as best we can and wait it out!

NCT x

NCT,

Thank you for sharing your conversation with Ian.  Insomnia and pain in neck/shoulders are my top two symptoms followed closely by GI issues all from benzo use and withdrawal.

Second day back at work. Totally exhausted but I never thought I would be able to go back. Like you Siggy sleep totally crap. I stayed up late last night, was okish and was watching the news because of what happened here. Couldn't get to sleep and what sleep I got was toxic. Today I have that brain squeezing which is not as bad as last week but it's horrible, air hunger, throat closed, internal pressure and I'm really worried that my neck and spine have been damaged by all the muscle pulling crap. I have a day's leave tomorrow and feel so fed up as I just want to have a normal day out with my daughter somewhere. It feels impossible, sometimes on an evening I think I'll be ok to go and it will make me feel better, then the next day comes and I have no strength to drive myself to work let alone a day out. Just feel like a prisoner, a slave to this. There's just no reward for the task of literally dragging myself to work feeling like I could die at any second. I feel I will go crazy from this, I don't want to spend my day off exhausted on my bed. I know I'm not alone, but I'm so sick of this too. Sick of complaining too but how can we not. Rant over  :tickedoff:

nevercantell, niners and marj, I'm right there with you. The neck and back pain suck! And the insomnia really just sucks too. My stomach stays pretty jacked up as well.

marj, that's just terrible what happened yesterday. I was going to eat my lunch outside, but didn't realize it was cold and windy. So I went into our companies break room to eat and the tv was on. That when I saw what was happening over there. I've always been fond of England. I spent some time doing a study abroad in London at the Royal College of Art.

Buddies

I`m happy my convo with Ian helped.  I`m not happy some of you have the pain as well but it is reassurance that this can go on for such a long time.  I`m permanently stuck with either a heat pad or an ice pack on my back.

Anyone had that fatigue hit too?  I hardly know how to keep awake and wonder if my body is trying to tell me to sleep to heal, but I just cannot face the toxic poison when I wake.

Yes, awful news in London yesterday!

NCT,

I still get the toxic naps, so I try to avoid taking them now.  I used to have this need to lie down in bed.  I couldn't help it.  Then the toxic crap would build and I'd have to jump out of bed to stop it.  Horrible!

Sofa

Buddies

I`m happy my convo with Ian helped.  I`m not happy some of you have the pain as well but it is reassurance that this can go on for such a long time.  I`m permanently stuck with either a heat pad or an ice pack on my back.

Anyone had that fatigue hit too?  I hardly know how to keep awake and wonder if my body is trying to tell me to sleep to heal, but I just cannot face the toxic poison when I wake.

Yes, awful news in London yesterday!

Yes NCT, Ian is so reassuring, I spoke to him yesterday in tears and he is not phased one bit. I say oh I'm sorry, and he just say's no don't be, I know how horrid it is, and that we just have to make it through each day till we're through it. Which we will eventually. Hard to see I know.

Fatigue? Big time!! Can hardly move, and the air hunger makes it worse. I'm the same with sleep, hate the toxic rubbish. Oh to go to sleep and wake up without this. It's like being trapped in a body made of lead, in pain and broken.

Siggy what a great experience for you... and at the Royal College of Art, amazing. My daughter has applied to University College London and I'm apprehensive about her being there. London is a great city and I know it's a worry everywhere but I want her to go to York which is a top Uni. She's been offered a place there to do English Lit, it's number 9 in the world for Lit, but it's quite close to us. I understand her wanting to be in London, but she's my baby.

Ugh, I just had a call from my son's college that he's not putting in enough work so I'm on the ceiling right now, as I'm blaming myself for not being on the ball coz too sick. Cannot handle anything, makes me just want to fall on the floor.

Hi to all the wonderful people on this thread.....have been lurking here for quite a while and find all of you  here to be so understanding and caring.....so was wondering if this might be a place where I can perch every once in a while.  I don't post much on BB but do read a lot in hopes of finding some miracle cure that I have missed.....but there doesn't seem to be one.  I am so sorry that you are all struggling with such persistent symptoms as we all try to get our lives back

My name is bcalm2 and I am just about 18 months off of benzos and 5 months off of an AD....(had to withdraw from the AD because of side effects)  This journey to recovery is a continuous battle to get back a life that I once had.  This experience has taken me to a new level of pain and suffering....one that no one should be going thru.

My main and continuous symptom is anxiety..(something that I never had in my life...other than being anxious being late for an appt, etc) ....and it can be debilitating most of the time....24/7.  It started in interdose withdrawal and has not let up since.  With it comes the panic, fear, being overwhelmed, irritable, impatient, breathing issues, tremors, dp or mental fog, (not feeling like myself at all) ..and the list goes on.  When there are times of less severe symptoms....these are at a lower intensity, unfortunately that is not very often...and only for a short period of time,like an hour or two.  I have other symptoms that come and go...and they can also be very intense......a few have left for good, I hope....but others are still making a guest appearance... now and then. 

I have a very supportive husband that has been by my side every step of the way and for that I am so grateful. 

Hoping to post once in a while to perhaps (when I can) encourage others on this journey and maybe to receive some reassurance that I am not the only one suffering with these relentless symptoms and  that one day we will all be back to who we were and able to enjoy a happy and healthy life again.

Sending healing hugs and thoughts to all......... :smitten: