Important Survey - Please Participate ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Siggy-it's very hard but I'd go with

Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast(any of the first three albums really)

Judah Priest-Unleashed in the East(live album otherwise Screaming for Vengeance)

DIO-Holy Diver

Scorpions Tokyo Tapes honorable mention.

Yep all good ones too. I listened to a lot of industrial music in my 20's.

I came down with the severe burning all over about 6 weeks ago. It's absolutely terrible. I really want it to go away.

I took tryptophan last night for the first time and ended up sleeping 9 hours. Hopefully it will continue. My wife even woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and it didn't wake me up. We did walk the beltline yesterday. So it may have helped.

Just can't take the head and neck pressure and trapped nerve........ everything. The depression is doing me in and have no strength to do anything apart from cry. Feel my life is over. Sorry I'm in despair. I know i'm not alone, but it feels it.  :'(

Does anyone else wake up with a body full of poison? Its like my brain cant sleep with these toxins and I need to drink lots of water to get it out. I dont know how much longer my body can do this.

Anyone who had this and did it go away? Its been going on for two years now, started in sixth month. I wake up with this after only three or four hours of sleep and most nights cant get back to sleep.

Hey, Prettydaisy  - My derealization is still present. I thought it was just about gone until the other day. Like yourself, I also felt like someone was splashing me with water, but not on the back of my thighs, no, it was all over my feet. And it certainly wasn't water. I missed the toilet by about a foot.  :-\ It ricocheted off the front of the toilet. Damn derealization ! My aim is completely off. Good thing this didn't happen in a public place. I'd probably end up peeing in someone else's urinal.  :laugh:

I'm honored that you felt only I deserved to partake in the sharing of your dilemma ... yee - ah, that would be your sweaty ass crack. I'm just not sure what to do with this info.  :laugh:

All I can think of is ... hmmm ... maybeee, air it out.  ???

Gotta go ! UPS is here. I think my " date in a box " has arrived.  :smitten:

Hey, Prettydaisy  - My derealization is still present. I thought it was just about gone until the other day. Like yourself, I also felt like someone was splashing me with water, but not on the back of my thighs, no, it was all over my feet. And it certainly wasn't water. I missed the toilet by about a foot.  :-\ It ricocheted off the front of the toilet. Damn derealization ! My aim is completely off. Good thing this didn't happen in a public place. I'd probably end up peeing in someone else's urinal.  :laugh:

I'm honored that you felt only I deserved to partake in the sharing of your dilemma ... yee - ah, that would be your sweaty ass crack. I'm just not sure what to do with this info.  :laugh:

All I can think of is ... hmmm ... maybeee, air it out.  ???

Gotta go ! UPS is here. I think my " date in a box " has arrived.  :smitten:

yeah, this feeling of being hot, sticky and having water splashed on the back of my thighs is a nice new symptom that i am not interested in having at all but hopefully it will go away soon. as i had another new symptom pop up last week where i couldn't even lay down because my lower back hurt so much from all the "squeezing" that my brain does and also squeezed the glute area is probably why that is getting hot, sweaty and sticky too. it's beyond annoying and i just hope that these new symptoms are a sign of healing and will lift sooner rather than later. and this is all after i had one of my best windows of normalcy a little over a week ago. this healing trend is passive aggressive and it needs to make up it's mind, you know?

hope you're "date in a box" brings you some joy!

Ta! :)

Buddies,

It is amazing how we are sharing so many of the same symptoms so late in the game.  My daughter and grandchildren spent the weekend with me.  I cooked several meals and St. Paddy's Day corned beef boiled dinner for our whole family on Sunday.  I'm spent.

The withdrawal stuffiness is choking me and I'm alone again with the chemical depression.  I have to believe I am healing, in spite of how I feel.  It is so wrong that we can be off all drugs for years and still feel so sick. 

I believe I am going to have a beautiful future.  I've coded on the operating table.  I survived brain surgery and four other major surgeries in the last 10 years.  I am not going to succumb to this shit after what I've been through.  No way, no how.  I believe in the afterlife and forces at work in the universe to help us through this.  I will never give up hope.  Pills can kill people, but the discontinuation of them can't.  We are all going to heal 100%.

Sofa

Sofa,

You're one tough mofo. I'll think of you the next time I'm curled up with my stuffed panda thinking "I can't do this." :smitten:

MT

MT and TM,

You know what makes me feel the worst about all this?  I feel so damn vulnerable.  So fragile.  This isn't me.  It's like something has me by the tail swinging me overhead.  It pokes me, punches me in the gut, beats me upside the head... all in the name of healing.  How in God's name are drugs that can do such a thing legal?  Illegal drugs don't wreak havoc like this for years. 

I'm a mother and grandmother who lived a quiet conservative life full of soccer, softball, baseball and basketball games.  Our little family celebrated over the top every holiday, birthday, Super Bowl, Oscars, Grammys, job promotions, with favorite feasts, presents, decorations, cake and ice cream....always broke and making the most out of the little money we had. 

Winning the lottery for me would be regaining the ability to do the simple things that made me happy.  That's all I want.  I don't want to be at the mercy of this shit anymore.  You know what I mean?

Sofa

MT and TM,

You know what makes me feel the worst about all this?  I feel so damn vulnerable.  So fragile.  This isn't me.  It's like something has me by the tail swinging me overhead.  It pokes me, punches me in the gut, beats me upside the head... all in the name of healing.  How in God's name are drugs that can do such a thing legal?  Illegal drugs don't wreak havoc like this for years. 

I'm a mother and grandmother who lived a quiet conservative life full of soccer, softball, baseball and basketball games.  Our little family celebrated over the top every holiday, birthday, Super Bowl, Oscars, Grammys, job promotions, with favorite feasts, presents, decorations, cake and ice cream....always broke and making the most out of the little money we had. 

Winning the lottery for me would be regaining the ability to do the simple things that made me happy.  That's all I want.  I don't want to be at the mercy of this shit anymore.  You know what I mean?

Sofa

Oh God Sofa, you hit the nail on the head again. I get 100% everything you have written. This thing has us believe non of that was true. i asked my daughter last night, what did I used to be like? or have I always been like this? I know the answer but somehow I'm struggling to remember.

Had to phone sick again, just couldn't. It's a travesty that at this stage, I just cannot drag myself to work. Keep telling myself that if all I do today is breathe, it's enough. I'm scared I won't be able to go again, I'm just scared  :'(

Marj I'm so sorry about your job....I know just trying to get through the day not working is hell...I just can't handle anything....I had a painter come and paint two rooms which they needed painted in the worst way...I was stressing on the paint smell....paint bothers me....but anyway...I letft the house So I wouldn't have to smell the paint...my hubby paid the painters I came home and looked at rooms they looked like crap...we paid 350 per room ...so many spots missed ...we did the same color but went satin so I could wipe walls if something got on them so the color is slightly different but anywsy my hubby yesterday tried to paint all the missed spots and guess what when paint dried it looked worse ....anyway my husband called back the painter and he said he would come by this week to look at it....so this  whole thing just got me so stressed....andi don't want to smell more paint fumes...but I was so stressed over this....I can not handle any stress ....zero....I've lost on how to calm myself....it's bad ....why can't some of these pain symptoms stop...and I know stress is not helping...it's like everything I do makes things worse

TM

TM and Marj,

My geographic tongue is back for the fourth time now.  Stress.  Unavoidable f*cking stress.  We cannot live in a black soundproof room, devoid of ordinary life stressors.  Our CNS does weird stuff to us with just the slightest of stimulus to the brain.  I guess just accepting our bodies are going to react in an extreme way is the only thing we can do.  We are distressed when it's bad, and when it's moderate, we're still uncomfortable.

Does anyone else get tongue patches?  I've googled geographic tongue and the pictures are identical to what I have.  It is not painful, thank God, but a constant reminder I'm still in recovery.  I don't like being reminded that I obviously am still swirling around in this sh*t.  Still uber sensitive to stress.  The length of time this is taking to resolve is astounding.

Sofa

Stress intolerance WTF? Someone who bought something from me from ebay wants to return it. Fine, but she accused me of selling something new that had been washed!!! It still had the tags on. She paid £2.50 for a brand new jumper. Now she say's I have to pay for the return postage!! I don't, but the irritation has set me off big time, revved everything up, it's ridiculous. Is this normal? I feel insane. Yes I would be irritated and think stupid woman, but not to the point of crying and full body pain and thick DR.

I don't get the tongue patches Sofa, but even my tongue is agitated and burning. I'm just doing tapping to try to bring my stress levels down. Then I'm going to go for a walk. I'm crying at every little thing. I so wish this would resolve for us all, like now  :smitten:

Marj.....I agree I can't handle any situation without full blown symptoms.....it's just crazy....my tongue and mouth burns so bad but my tongue looks ok.....just numb like feeling....

Hey Marj can you ask Ian if mouth burning and teeth tightness is something he has heard of from others....I still think I've got something else wrong to 24/7 teeth pain....anyway if you speak with him and remember me that would be awesome ....does anyone know of someone like Ian in US?

TM

Just poking my head out of the weeds to say hello to everyone. I'm sorry to see most of you in the same boat. Sigh.

This just sucks on every level. I had some sort of cold virus start three weeks ago and I've been on the Hot Mess Express since then. The virus lasted 9 days but I've been hammered with sx since then, both old and new. It's a dark place to be in.

Sofa - I have geographic tongue as well. It's ugly, but it's not painful....so if I could have that sx and trade it for....say.....severe nausea, I'd be happy. Interestingly enough, I read about geographic tongue and one of the medications used to "treat" it is anxiolytics. Seriously?  :tickedoff:

Marj - I'm so sorry things are so bleak right now. I have nothing but admiration for you as you work and parent through this nightmare. You are SO strong and I really hope you catch a break VERY soon.

Texas - I'm very sensitive to all 'chemical' smells as well. Fresh paint does not trouble me as much as cleaners with bleach, those make me feel like I'm about to pass out. I can empathize why the painting fiasco would trouble you.

Stress intolerance WTF? Someone who bought something from me from ebay wants to return it. Fine, but she accused me of selling something new that had been washed!!! It still had the tags on. She paid £2.50 for a brand new jumper. Now she say's I have to pay for the return postage!! I don't, but the irritation has set me off big time, revved everything up, it's ridiculous. Is this normal? I feel insane. Yes I would be irritated and think stupid woman, but not to the point of crying and full body pain and thick DR.

marj,

i see on ebay too and yes this kinda of thing can set me flying for days. it's very stressful sorry you're going through this.

fYI.....the painter came and said the rooms look bad...is going to come back Sunday and put on another coat of paint.....I'm happy it went well but sad that I'll have to smell more paint again..

Ok...I was reading posts on extracted site....I'm now crying about the poor person that is still suffering after 13 years out..wish I hadn't read the post and feel worse because I want to say something but don't know what to say....just feeling super sad for the person...

TM

Kiddo,

I hate that you have geographic tongue, but I'm relieved I'm not alone.  You're right.  In a poker game I'd keep geographic tongue in my hand and discard heart racing, head thumping and choking anxiety.

Sofa

TM,

I read the 13 year withdrawal thread too...something else is going on.  I'm no expert on this process, but 13 years?!?!?!

At least it's something I won't have to worry about.  I'll surely be dead by then.

Sofa

Nothing to add much here other than I had a crappy 4 hour night again. Went to work and handled it ok. Later in the day the terrible gross head and spine feeling. I'm feeling pretty defeated now. Took some magnesium to try and calm down some, Hopefully the tryptophan will help more tonight.

Aw Siggy,

I'm so sorry.  It's a rough road you're traveling after a year feeling this was behind you.  Try to look at it as a 3 year journey and you got a one year break.  You'll get beyond this.  I hope soon.

Love you, Sofa

Ok...I was reading posts on extracted site....I'm now crying about the poor person that is still suffering after 13 years out..wish I hadn't read the post and feel worse because I want to say something but don't know what to say....just feeling super sad for the person...

TM,

where is the thread of this 13 year out and still suffering person?