Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

:D Yay! I felt good enough today to pick my beets and am heating them in pickling liquid to can them! So happy to feel better, and so glad I only had to can peaches cause I still had tons of nectarines, pears, and applesauce from last year. Onward and upward!

Hello Rose,

That's great news.  So glad that you had energy today.  I am so impressed that people still can fruits.  I remember my mom canning fruit when I was a little girl.  I thought it was a lost art.  Nothing tastes better that homemade canned preaches...yummy.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have been dry cutting off diazepam off 60mg of Diazepam at 2.5 mg intervals. Got to 47.5 and the withdrawal is too severe. Want to go to liquid titration. Looking for a smoother cut. I switched slowly from Ativan, but the ups and downs are just too much. I don't care about time or how long. More concerned with not damaging my body and life. I need links and plans and any input.

SG57 is my hero. I have other issues. I need help. Thank you.

Yes, I wasn't tolerating the liquid too well and went back on my pills.  I felt better for a couple of days then the tolerance thing started happening.

Today I still had lots of anxiety but the shortness of breath thing went away, so I was able to be productive.

Take care,

doodle dog

:hug: Sure hope things get better for you soon, Doodle!

Hi,

I have been dry cutting off diazepam off 60mg of Diazepam at 2.5 mg intervals. Got to 47.5 and the withdrawal is too severe. Want to go to liquid titration. Looking for a smoother cut. I switched slowly from Ativan, but the ups and downs are just too much. I don't care about time or how long. More concerned with not damaging my body and life. I need links and plans and any input.

Hi willy and welcome. Could I just make sure I understand? You are only on Valium now and taking 47.5mg once a day? I'm sure the math/chemistry gurus can figure out a plan for dissolving, diluting, and titrating that for you. Just wanted to make sure they know where you're at. You're right to take it slow and be careful. The end results seem to be better that way for most everyone. You will succeed, too! :thumbsup:

Yes, I wasn't tolerating the liquid too well and went back on my pills.  I felt better for a couple of days then the tolerance thing started happening.

Today I still had lots of anxiety but the shortness of breath thing went away, so I was able to be productive.

Take care,

doodle dog

:hug: Sure hope things get better for you soon, Doodle!

Thanks so much, Gardener.  Here's to all of our healings.

doodle

Hi,

Hi Willy,

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck.  I am not one of the math gurus so I cannot help in that area; however, am here in support.

Take care,

doodle dog

[2a...]

:D Yay! I felt good enough today to pick my beets and am heating them in pickling liquid to can them! So happy to feel better, and so glad I only had to can peaches cause I still had tons of nectarines, pears, and applesauce from last year. Onward and upward!

That is great news!!!

Thrilled for you that you are feeling better.

You are way ahead of me with canning. I'm just starting to think of peaches!!

Marija 🌺

Gardener,

Yes, I am at 47.5 per day of only Diazepam.

OK, math gurus, time to come out and give this guy a taper plan. He doesn't want me doing the math! :o

Willy, I can tell you in general that they are going to tell you to dissolve your pills in 80 proof vodka (how much alcohol depends on how much pill you have left, but it is a very small amount) and then dilute the the solution with water to a very weak solution that you can use to make tiny cuts. People buy stuff like graduated cylinders and syringes and little leak-proof bottles on amazon to mix, measure, and carry their doses. If you scroll through the thread, you will find people giving links to what they have purchased to do this.

They'll also tell you to hold for at least a week after you dissolve to see how the liquid affects you. Some people notice the change and some don't. I'd suggest doing a little reading on the thread to find out how people have done it and what their results were. You'll find that results vary.

One of our math/chemistry gurus recently became a daddy and isn't here as much, but there are several who will be along soon.

Best wishes!

Gard

P.S. We also have an off-topic and general support micro-tapering blog that could use a couple more men on it! It's called Seeds of Inspiration. Come on over! ;D

OK, now I'm in line for math help. What I need is someone to check my math.

I keep 4x6 cards with my tapering schedule. I figured out where I am and what pace I want to set and then tried to do the math to set that pace. At the top of the card is my figuring for my start with converting all of my dose to the equivalence in Xanax. And then I came up with what a daily cut would be if I were reducing by 10%/month. That's shown at the top as full strength Xanax.

On the card, I have my Librium+Xanax combination. The Xanax is shown in its 10% dilution. Based on my figures, I'm cutting .02 of the X dilution per day. It's not the full 10%/month cut, but it's a simple cut and a cautious start. (There's one day I cut one dose and redistribute another dose, so that day looks odd.)

Here's my taper plan as of right now. Did I do the math right??

http://jgardnerscollection.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/6/2/56621493/8713619_orig.jpg

Hi,

Hi willy and welcome!

How many mg are your pills and how many times a day do you dose?  We will help you get a plan together.

Stay strong!

sharkey

OK, now I'm in line for math help. What I need is someone to check my math.

I keep 4x6 cards with my tapering schedule. I figured out where I am and what pace I want to set and then tried to do the math to set that pace. At the top of the card is my figuring for my start with converting all of my dose to the equivalence in Xanax. And then I came up with what a daily cut would be if I were reducing by 10%/month. That's shown at the top as full strength Xanax.

On the card, I have my Librium+Xanax combination. The Xanax is shown in its 10% dilution. Based on my figures, I'm cutting .02 of the X dilution per day. It's not the full 10%/month cut, but it's a simple cut and a cautious start. (There's one day I cut one dose and redistribute another dose, so that day looks odd.)

Here's my taper plan as of right now. Did I do the math right??

http://jgardnerscollection.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/6/2/56621493/8713619_orig.jpg

Looks okay to me.  Your X equivalent dose is .662mg+.4mg (L equiv)=1.062mg.  10% of that is .1062mg divided by 30 days in a month is .0035mg/day.  So .003mg/day is about 10%.  You plan to reduce by .002mg/day so that is about 6% a month.  A good conservative cut. :thumbsup:

Looks okay to me.  Your X equivalent dose is .662mg+.4mg (L equiv)=1.062mg.  10% of that is .1062mg divided by 30 days in a month is .0035mg/day.  So .003mg/day is about 10%.  You plan to reduce by .002mg/day so that is about 6% a month.  A good conservative cut. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I really hope to be able to taper away most or all of that Xanax rather than cross to more Librium. We shall see! Right now I am just trying to make sure I can function well enough to take care of my own needs, including this rather complicated medication regimen. I don't want to be bugging my kids all the time. They agree. ;)

Gardener,

Willy, I can tell you in general that they are going to tell you to dissolve your pills in 80 proof vodka (how much alcohol depends on how much pill you have left, but it is a very small amount) and then dilute the the solution with water to a very weak solution that you can use to make tiny cuts. People buy stuff like graduated cylinders and syringes and little leak-proof bottles on amazon to mix, measure, and carry their doses. If you scroll through the thread, you will find people giving links to what they have purchased to do this.

...or ask you doc for a Rx for pharma-grade liqiud V! ::)

Gardener,

:thumbsup: Forgot they made that!

But he still needs the cylinder and stuff for diluting, doesn't he? Or is the Valium intensol weaker? I couldn't cut straight from my alprazolam intensol for long. Had to dilute it once I got below 1.2ml(mg). And, oh man, I would have saved myself a lot of misery if I had started diluting sooner!

Gardener,

:thumbsup: Forgot they made that!

But he still needs the cylinder and stuff for diluting, doesn't he? Or is the Valium intensol weaker? I couldn't cut straight from my alprazolam intensol for long. Had to dilute it once I got below 1.2ml(mg). And, oh man, I would have saved myself a lot of misery if I had started diluting sooner!

Yes, you still need pretty much the same hardware.

You probably don't need a graduated cylinder, although I found it helpful.

I not only used it for measuring larger quantities of water (~200ml or so) but i I used it to "calibrate" my syringes.  I would measure out a given volume in each of my syringes (I used 3) and then shoot it into the cylinder to see if they all measured the same (They always did!)

You probably don'tneed a graduated cylinder, although I found it helpful.

I not only used it for measuring larger quantities of water (~200ml or so) but i I used it to "calibrate" my syringes.  I would measure out a given volume in each of my syringes (I used 3) and then shoot it into the cylinder to see if they all measured the same (They always did!)

I've done the exact same thing!

Ain't gonna happen, Sharkles. None of my pics have a url. All the pics are on my computer  :'(

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

If I can figure out how to post my pics online, anybody can! Truly! 8)

Alright, Miss Gardener...I've got pictures on my computer hard drive. How do I put one into this thread? Sharkey has to see them.

Jeff

Way to go, Rose!!! Good for you.  I'm super glad for ya  :)

Jeff

Sharkey,

I have 5mg and 10mg tablets. 

I have been dosing:

12.mg-morning  2.5-noon  2.5-late afternoon 30mg at night (trying to avoid insomnia as long as possible)

I would like to use the Oraplus solution. I cannot use Vodka.

Also, how would I go about preparing a two week dose?

Do I spread the liquid dose throughout the day or just take it once?

Did you have a ledger?

Ain't gonna happen, Sharkles. None of my pics have a url. All the pics are on my computer  :'(

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

Alright, Miss Gardener...I've got pictures on my computer hard drive. How do I put one into this thread? Sharkey has to see them.

Jeff

You have to move them online. Actually, I do that in not-the-best way. I have a weebly website I post my photos on. If you go to weebly.com, it will teach you step by step how to make a website and put photos on it. It is free. Just keep ignoring it when it asks you over and over if you want to upgrade.

But I think there are much easier ways to park photos online so they have a url, such as photobucket.com. Probably you should check out photobucket first. I suspect it's simpler than weebly.

Once they are online, you right click on the image you want to put on BB and you should get a drop down menu. One of the choices is to copy the image url. Choose that and then do control-V* to put it between the Mona Lisa brackets. (You see the tiny Mona Lisa, right? Click on it and brackets will appear wherever your cursor is. That's where your picture will show up in your post.)

And, I learned the hard way, never move the online photo or the url will change and the picture will disappear from BB. And then you will have to post a help ticket and beg a moderator to fix your whole darn blog for you. And, if Challis can't sleep one night, she will do it for you! ;D

*I think it's control-V. I have a Windows keyboard with a Mac computer so my commands are screwy. But I'm sure you know how to copy and paste! Basically you are copying the url and pasting it into your post using the tiny Mona Lisa.

Now, was that as clear as mud??

Edit: P.S. You do have some kind of photo editing software on your computer, right?

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

Jeff

You have to move them online. Actually, I do that in not-the-best way. I have a weebly website I post my photos on. If you go to weebly.com, it will teach you step by step how to make a website and put photos on it. It is free. Just keep ignoring it when it asks you over and over if you want to upgrade.

But I think there are much easier ways to park photos online so they have a url, such as photobucket.com. Probably you should check out photobucket first. I suspect it's simpler than weebly.

Once they are online, you right click on the image you want to put on BB and you should get a drop down menu. One of the choices is to copy the image url. Choose that and then do control-V* to put it between the Mona Lisa brackets. (You see the tiny Mona Lisa, right? Click on it and brackets will appear wherever your cursor is. That's where your picture will show up in your post.)

And, I learned the hard way, never move the photo or the url will change and the picture will disappear from BB. And then you will have to post a help ticket and beg a moderator to fix your whole darn blog for you. And, if Challis can't sleep one night, she will do it for you! ;D

*I think it's control-V. I have a Windows keyboard with a Mac computer so my commands are screwy. But I'm sure you know how to copy and paste! Basically you are copying the url and pasting it into your post using the tiny Mona Lisa.

Now, was that as clear as mud??

Wow Gardener, very good.  I learned something too. 

Thanks,

doodle dog

A very easy way to get a link to your pics with url is downloading Imagelink.

You can click on any picture you have on your tab and just copy the link it makes.

All you'd have to do is use the Mona Lisa icon and past it between the brackets in the middle.

shan, yup, because I beat the system :)

haha! I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of the societal systems. I appreciate the big "A".

Congrats, again :)

Shan

Shannon,

How are you doing now that you are taking 3 doses/day instead of the 4?

Hi Anne,

It started out kind of by accident because I was taking 4 doses of Ativan, and then I sorta just took 3 by accident and noticed I started feeling better because of this. strange, huh?

Maybe as I get lower I will need to dose more often. but for now, i'll stick with 3 :)

Hi Shannon,

I also take three doses. Sometimes I will feel symptoms about an hour before my next dose is due, but at this point I would not feel comfortable increasing the number of doses.  It would be too much like a cut.

You are probably feeling better because you are taking more Ativan per dose. I think some people have problems when they go to four doses because they are getting less med per dose, so the body thinks it is a cut. I remember before I started my first taper, I was only dosing twice per day. I added an extra dose (updosed), 0.25 mg,  to bring that to three doses/day.  Worked very well for me, but at 0.25 mg it was a small amount to updose.

Anne

I did sit in the parking lot for quite sometime before going in.  Next time I will sit in the lobby and not register. Then if I really do have a heart attack I will be in the right place.

Yes, I was feeling alone and uncertain.  Thanks for understanding.

Take care,

doodle

That is a fantastic idea! I will have to remember that one! ;D

I agree, this is a wonderful idea. Like you Gardner, I do not want to spend the night.